Author Update
25 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well, I'm the author of the darkbound dominion.

So first things first, I am so glad you guys are enjoying the story, it really really means a lot to me. However, I realize there are some issues with my fiction.

Primarily, the writing. I'm just not satisfied with the way I'm currently writing, and I'm sure a lot of you probably have similar misgivings. I showed my work to a few experienced writers and their judgement was unanimous, it is really not the best and I kind of agree with them.

In my haste in writing out this story, I underestimated how complex writing really can be, and as a Non native English writer it has been a humbling experience.

What I'm trying to say is, I want to change things a little bit. I will tell you this first that I have no intention of abandoning this story, it is completely fleshed out in my mind.

But that does not mean that improvements can't be made. The things I want to change are:

1) The writing style in the story since I feel like this is the biggest issue. The current style is not the smoothest nor the easiest to understand, so I want to change it. I'm going to rewrite the starting chapters, fix their tenses and improve the overall flow. Writing this story has leveled up my skills somewhat and I want to give it another try.

2) Rereading the first chapter, I feel it is a bit lacking. I know people do enjoy a good mystery but I really haven't given a lot in the starting chapter. So I'm going to change where the story starts. Instead of beginning the story with the boy waking up in the dark, the story will now begin from the night of the rebellion against Alfzaar.

3) The rewrite isn't going to be the same exact content but a little different, namely more characters like Drystan and Fiora's team members, a peak into the empire, Celestial Union, their relationship, and not to mention more history about the darklings' hive.

4) I might also put forward some character designs and art work along with more lore about the dominion itself as separate content.

5) Improve the cover art, cus why not lol.

 And that's pretty much it.

Once again, thank you very much for reading and enjoying my story, and I really hope you enjoy the rewritten version as well.

This is going to my last update for now, It is probably going to take me a few months to make all these changes. Plus my job has gotten a lot more hectic as well so my pace has gotten a little slow, but I will tell you that I shall return. I want to complete this story, I feel like it can and will be an even more enjoyable experience.

Take care everyone, and thank you for your support.

   

0