Chapter 4: Breaking through this universe!
343 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A burst of soothing music woke Alan Taylor from his sleep. He opened his eyes, looked at his surroundings as usual, and scratched his head. It seemed that he could not go back.  

  

[Administrator, I'm sorry to disturb you, but there is something very important that requires your decision.] Jaspar Cato's voice came from the communicator on the side.  

  

Alan Taylor ignored it, just stood up from the bed, walked to the bathroom, asked the Main Brain to adjust the water temperature to ice-cold again, and then washed his face vigorously.  

  

He leaned on the sink with both hands, while he looked in the mirror at his pale face from the cold. After a while, she gritted her teeth, suddenly stood up and put on her clothes, "Main Brain! Lead the way to the command bridge!" 

  

"Administrator, I'm sorry to bother you." Arriving at the bridge command center, Jaspar Cata saluted Alan Taylor respectfully.  

  

"Say it." 

  

"The engineering team has established two mining stations near the gas planet. While you were resting, they sent two ships loaded with helium-3 which has already been refined. Now we can launch more spaceships. Especially now that transportation is needed to travel between Dawn Planet and the mothership." Jaspar Cata said.  

  

"Continue." 

  

"Then... the reconnaissance team has sent back a report and has initially selected 17 landing points. We can choose one of them to launch the landing." At this point, Jaspar Cata's tone was trembling, and he opened an interface for Alan Taylor.  

  

"Landing point? Do you need to come to me specifically for this matter?" Alan Taylor was a little strange.  

  

Jaspar Cata replied solemnly, "Administrator, this first colony will probably be our capital in the future. I... I dare not make the decision without authorization..." 

  

Alan Taylor nodded. He raised his finger and was about to click, when he saw Jaspar Cata's complicated eyes.  

  

His eyes were full of expectation, pride, and a little uneasiness. He clenched his fists and trembled slightly, trying to control his excitement. Not just him, but everyone else on the bridge too.  

  

Alan Taylor's heart was a little shuddering. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. There were 600,000 people... maybe 5 billion more... With a flick of his finger, their starting point would be determined.  

  

He looked at the screen again, and this time he compared the landing points carefully, and the knowledge that had been crammed into his mind poured out like water from a floodgate.  

  

Combining the knowledge, he had learned, he chose an area with mountains and rivers and a large grassland. He pointed at this place and said to Jaspar Cata, "Let's just go here. The latitude here is moderate and there are water sources around it. There is also a mountain above sea level. The hilly area of more than 1,000 meters serves as the commanding heights of defense. First, send 20 marines to land, expand the defense line, and immediately start building residential areas." 

  

"Yes! Administrator! This is our first colony! It is our first step towards this universe!" Jaspar Cata was a little excited and immediately arranged the work.  

  

After determining the landing point, all aspects of work began immediately. The people in the hibernation warehouse are all experts in various fields, and the clerks have also begun to perform their respective functions. Alan Taylor does not need detailed guidance. 

  

Soon, a transport ship carrying 20 marines and 50 construction workers took off from the Mothership and landed on the Dawn Planet. Marines spread out, shooing away wildlife and dropping locator beacons, while construction workers began assembling their own mechanized engineering exoskeletons.  

  

“The beacon signal is normal, Administrator, we can put the Mothership into synchronous orbit.” Jaspar Cata said to Alan Taylor after confirming the signal from the beacon. 

  

Alan Taylor nodded and said to the operator on the bridge console, "Enter the synchronous orbit of the Dawn Planet and keep the Mothership above the beacon at all times. Main Brain, you will provide assistance." 

  

[Ok.] 

  

The engine of the Kushan Mothership started again. The extremely powerful driving force pushed this behemoth of 5 million tons to start moving forward, continuously descending into the outer gravitational circle of the Dawn Planet, and then began to maintain the same rotation speed as the planet. 

  

When approaching the orbit of the Dawn Planet, due to the huge mass of the Mothership, it even triggered several earthquakes of magnitude 3 to 5 and underground water ejection on the surface of the planet.  

  

After entering the predetermined orbit, the Mothership only needs very little power to maintain navigation under the action of the centripetal force and inertia of the planet's rotation. Keeping running in synchronization with the ground beacon, a hatch in the center of the mothership is opened, and then an orbital drop capsule is launched.  

  

The disposable orbital drop capsule is in the atmosphere due to friction and the surrounding air begins to burn. From the ground, it looks like a meteor falling towards the ground. When it was about to land, the airborne capsule's reverse engine started, spraying blazing flames toward the ground to help the airborne capsule land smoothly.  

  

Construction workers who were ready on the side immediately went over, opened the airborne capsule, and assembled the modular housing made of ultra-light materials inside. The outer shell of the airborne capsule is the outer wall of the building. In less than 20 minutes, a two-story building was completed.  

  

The Mothership continues to airdrop capsules at a rate of one launch every 10 minutes, including housing, solar and wind power generation facilities, water purification facilities, etc.  

  

Alan Taylor also successively selected some farmers and maintenance workers among the 600,000 frozen hibernating residents to wake them up, and then let them land on the Dawn Planet in a transport ship. He also selected a man named Lannik Cruz from this group of people and appointed him as the leader of the village. At present, this small colony with less than a hundred people in total is indeed a small village.  

  

Once a foundation is established, everything moves at an orderly pace. Alan Taylor stretched and stood up. Looking at the people who were busy, his heart was still a little heavy.  

  

Looking at the vast universe outside the porthole, Alan Taylor involuntarily approached, saw the stars that were unknown how many light years away, and thought of the inexplicable dream that might have caused him to transmigrate. He stroked the cold porthole as if stroking the distant stars, and a flame gradually began to burn in his heart.  

  

Returning to his seat, Alan Taylor ordered, "Main Brain, bring out the information I need. I have a lot of things to do."  

  

[Okay, Administrator.] 

  

He is somewhat resigned to his fate now, and he also feels vaguely that he really can't go back. If this is the case, if he continues in such a confused state, then perhaps one day, when the Star Destroyer arrives, his people will still be in a state of destitution. 

  

Moreover, after Alan Taylor saw the enthusiastic and expectant looks in Jaspar Cata's and others' eyes just now, he also understood that he could not let them down, and... if this Mothership was really the reward given by the so-called fate... then... 

  

Alan Taylor sat back on the main seat of the command bridge, opened the entries of the colonial plan and started to check. He needed to understand what difficulties he would face and how to solve them. What he should know most now was how to establish a colony.  

  

When the environment is unknown, rapid development and establishing one's own solid power is always the best choice.  

  

Suppressing the confusion and uneasiness in his heart, Alan Taylor clicked on an entry in the 'Interstellar Colony Construction Guide' and opened the files in it to look through it. 

  

His eyes gradually became enthusiastic! 

  

This is mine... It's all mine! With countless technologies! With those countless talents! With such a foundation, I could...  

  

That's right... 

  

I could raze this universe! 

14