Chapter 9: Starfighter
309 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alan Taylor quickly checked the list of legendary characters, only to find that most of the people on it were in a state where their names could not be seen, but there were still a few people whose name was visible. 

  

"What is the situation with these people whose names can be seen? Can they be woken up?" Alan Taylor asked.  

  

[Cannot be awakened directly. According to the agreement they made before entering the hibernation chamber of the Mothership, they will swear allegiance to you, but the binding force of this oath is difficult to determine for people of this level. Therefore, before you wake them up, you can negotiate with them in a semi-sleep state. If they are interested in the terms you offer, then they will be willing to accept the awakening and work for you.]  

  

“Does that mean that the people whose names can be seen are those who are likely to meet their conditions?” Alan Taylor looked at the names that were so discordant with each other, with expectation and anxiety in his heart. 

  

These people are clearly from works of film, television and video games. There are countless stories and legends behind each name, and many of them are even the protagonists in these works! It turns out that legendary characters are all like this. So, what kind of terrible people are in the class represented by the next two question marks?  

  

[Yes. Plus, if negotiations fail, they’d rather sleep forever than work for you. But if we have fully satisfied their conditions, then we can directly awaken legendary characters without negotiation. Of course, the conditions they propose are often very harsh.] The Main Brain added.  

  

Alan Taylor nodded. He also understood that this was not the unconditional loyalty that was directly given to him as part of the system. Legendary characters only have initial goodwill and verbal vows. You can use them at first, but if you don't have the ability to make them really loyal, they will hurt you at any time. 

  

This is probably the reason why the legendary level only opened after I awakened extraordinary power. 

  

He suddenly saw a name and his eyes lit up. If you want to fight Palpatine, maybe this guy can! Even if a random Marine on the scene could beat him to death, this man really had the ability to influence the political arena of the Galactic Republic.  

  

But...this person...has hidden dangers. He has no loyalty, no faith, and no justice; for him there is only power, only interests, and only ambition. Everything is a transaction.  

  

But only such a ruthless person can compete with Palpatine... Even so, Alan Taylor didn't dare to vouch for it.  

  

It’s him! When the time is right, talk to him and see if he is willing to help you. As for the consequences of doing so, who cares?  

  

Now he has only one purpose. War! 

  

It may be 10 to 30 years before the Clone Wars break out. During this time, he must be prepared for war! Only then can we survive this war sweeping the entire galaxy. 

  

He can throw away everything except this.  

  

Alan Taylor leaned on the back of the seat and raised his hand to a cup of tea on the table. After concentrating, the cup of tea began to be picked up by an invisible force and flew towards him.  

  

Alan Taylor was overjoyed, but the cup of tea fell to the ground with a clang, shattering the cup.  

  

There is no cleaning robot, so it is better to wake up a few cleaners... Alan Taylor looked at the tea leaves spilled on the floor, then looked at everyone busy on the bridge, and shook his head.  

  

In short, this mysterious power should be the Force, a unique power in the 'Star Wars' universe. It is a supernatural and omnipresent force; it can be said to be all-encompassing and omnipotent.  

  

In this world, those who use the light side of the Force are Jedi; and those who use the dark side of the Force are Sith Lords. Anyway, in the movie, it was these two groups who were buzzing and slashing with lightsabers.  

  

The great war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire was a confrontation between the light side and the dark side of the Force. In the end, the Jedi Order, which represented the light, won, and the Sith Lord was completely destroyed, and could only move into the unknown shadows. 

 

In this way, I am also a person with the Force. Alan Taylor felt this Force, and he lifted up the pieces of the teacup on the ground piece by piece and flew smoothly towards the trash can nearby.  

  

Then it fell all over the floor around the trash can.  

  

"Administrator." Jaspar Cata came to Alan Taylor, who was having a good time. He looked at the teacup fragments flying everywhere and congratulated him sincerely. "Congratulations, Administrator, for mastering this mysterious and powerful ability."  

  

“Do you have a problem with me?” Alan Taylor asked.  

  

"Yes. Our staff department has just completed a plan, which is aimed at our current military strength. Please take a look." Jaspar Cata sent a data packet to the screen in front of Alan Taylor.  

  

Alan Taylor looked at the plan and listed data displayed on the screen and said: "Tell me the conclusion first." 

  

Jaspar Cata nodded and said: "The most important thing for us now is to improve the defense capability of the Mothership. The Blade-class Interceptor‎‎ alone is far from enough. To put it plainly, that thing is just a sealed iron box with an installed cannon and an engine. So, we need a stronger star fighter, and now the production line inside the Mothership can directly produce fighters, which can temporarily save the time and resources of building a space dock." 

  

Alan Taylor motioned for him to continue.  

  

"We hope to start the research and development of the Hiigaran Interceptor as soon as possible, so that people in the research department can analyze the technology of this fighter as soon as possible and transform the production line to start production. Furthermore, we also need to start research on ion weapons to improve the Hiigaran Interceptor's weapon system." Jaspar Cata said, taking out the data of a fighter jet.  

  

Alan Taylor looked at this fighter jet and recognized that it was actually the fighter jet in 'Homeworld 2'. It was indeed an upgraded version of the current Blade-class Interceptor‎‎. The shape is softer, and the control performance is better, but the firepower is still as weak as ever, with only a six-barrel electromagnetic cannon.  

  

No wonder Jaspar Cata also requested research on ion weapons. For now, it is indeed very practical.  

  

However, after reading the data, Alan Taylor shook his head. He knew very well what kind of opponent he was about to face. Just relying on the small improvement in combat effectiveness of the Hiigaran Interceptor was simply impossible.  

  

According to his understanding of the 'Star Wars' universe, the current main model of the Galactic Republic should be the Z-95 Headhunter fighter, which is the prototype of the later famous T-65B X-wing starfighter. In front of this kind of starfighter, whether it is the Blade-class Interceptor or the Hiigaran Interceptor, they are just a group of flies that can be swatted to death at any time.  

  

He thought for a moment and said: "I will immediately establish an Advanced Technology Department and they will begin studying ion weapons, proton missiles and laser cannons." 

  

“What about the Hiigaran Interceptor?” Jaspar Cata asked.  

  

"This fighter has limited improvement in our combat capabilities. Now we can increase the production of Blade-class Interceptor‎‎, increase the number of fighter jets to 100, and wait for the replacement of weapons. This is our current mission goal." Alan Taylor said.  

  

"But the reliability and combat capabilities of the Blade-class Interceptor‎‎ are far from ideal. I'm worried..." Jaspar Cata still wanted to argue.  

  

"We need a more powerful fighter, preferably one with the ability to fight within the atmosphere. The enemy we are about to face is far more powerful than we imagined. If it takes two months to develop and manufacture the Hiigaran Interceptor, then whether it takes two months to increase combat capability by 10% or half a year to increase combat capability by 100%, I choose the latter." Alan Taylor waved his hand and interrupted him. "You must understand that we don't have excess time and resources to research and manufacture too many transitional products."  

 

In fact, he has already chosen the starfighter model he needs to research next. According to the research and development difficulty reference given by the Main Brain, the difficulty of this starfighter is within an acceptable range, but the improvement in its combat effectiveness is huge. 

  

"CF/A-17 Wraith known as 'Phantom Killers' from StarCraft" 

12