Chapter 3: Medical arts.
404 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Medical arts.

 

On the Huangshan mountain, far from other villages, there is a house made from mud and wood.

 

Zou Jie, after putting his bamboo basket in the kitchen, explored the area; there was even a small vegetable garden.

 

In one of the rooms, there are a lot of herbs.

 

In his past life, he was a doctor, not an apothecary making medicine. Fortunately, he is a physician in this life and has experience using herbs.

 

However, his knowledge of using herbs is outdated. In the past, he had read many articles about traditional medicine, but not all of them were effective in combating certain illnesses.

 

Some of them are more like placebo effects, especially for people who believe in traditional medicine.

 

 

He needs to experiment with or purchase the herbalist's knowledge of the karma system.

 

After that, he sat down on the porch and checked the system.

 

[Karma system]

[Karma point: 2]

[Bad Karma Punishment: (0/5)]

 

-

 

[Medical skill:]

[Herbalist knowledge: 100]

[Poison knowledge: 100]

[Imperial physician knowledge: 200]

 

-

 

[Occupation Skill:]

[Hunter knowledge: 100]

[Chef knowledge: 100]

[Seamstress knowledge: 100]

[Carpenter knowledge: 100]

[Farmer knowledge: 100]

[Blacksmith knowledge: 100]

 

-

 

[Martial artist:]

[Third-class martial arts manual: 100]

 

-

 

[Military:]

[Military strategy knowledge: 100]

[Mortal array formation knowledge: 500]

 

-

 

What he found strange is why the medical skills that can be purchased are on top. Compared to the rest, it’s like the karma system wanted him to focus on medical skills.

 

Does it have something to do with his past life as a doctor and this life?

 

Zou Jie, after thinking, decided to test the karma point. He goes to the kitchen and takes the living chicken that the villager gives him.

 

The first thing he does is take a knife and injure the chicken, while at the same time checking the system. After that, he takes some small clothes to treat the chicken injury. He does it until the chicken is dead from bleeding.

 

Checking the system, he found out nothing had changed, which means the karma system only works on humans.

 

It’s a good thing, which means he doesn’t need to worry if he accidentally steps on an ant or kills another creature.

 

“Let's clean the chicken first.” Zou Jie begins to boil some water to pluck the chicken feathers more easily. He is hungry after walking up the mountain.

 

-

 

At night, a group of dark-clad men are walking toward the village.

 

“Kill the whole village; don’t let anyone survive.”

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

Two men guarding the village entrance are talking. Suddenly, a flying dart pierces their throat and collapses to the ground.

 

The group of dark-clad men moves fast and enters each house, killing the people inside. They don’t even spare women and children.

 

“Help!”

 

“Who are you?"

 

Soon the villagers wake up after hearing someone scream for help. They are still confused and don’t know what is going on. In the meantime, the black-clad men continue killing the villagers.

 

Teng Da heard the commotion and ordered his soldiers to be ready to fight.

 

The villagers try to fight back, but how can they fight someone who has experience killing humans?

 

The dark-clad men kill the villagers like cutting grass. Blood splashed and spurted every time the intruder swung their sword.

 

Teng Da and his men fight the assailant. But it’s only a matter of time before they are defeated.

 

“Damn it, who are you?" Shouted Teng Da while blocking the sword attack.

 

The assailants keep attacking without replying.

 

“Hold them down; I will bring the young master to escape!”

 

While Teng Da was not looking, one of the soldiers stabbed him in the back. He tries to evade, but the sword still stabs his shoulder. He turns around and swings his sword, decapitating the traitor.

 

“Protect the young master!” Teng Da stops his shoulder bleeding by pressing his acupoint.

 

Hours later, thanks to his men's sacrifice, Teng Da managed to escape and carry his young master on his back. However, he suffers from a severe injury and loses too much blood; suddenly, he slips and falls.

 

While falling, his young master's head hit a tree. Teng Da tries to stand up, but his body doesn’t have any strength left, and he gradually stops breathing.

The assailants try searching for them, but in the end, they fail.

 

-

 

The next morning, Zou Jie went out to find herbs and hunt down some small animals. As long as he had meat, he didn’t care.

 

Zou Jie stops walking because he smells blood. He takes out a short blade.

 

Following the smell, he sees two people and recognizes both of them.

 

It was Sir Teng and the young master.

 

Checking them Teng Da had already died; fortunately, the young master was still alive. Zou Jie, after thinking for a while, decided to help the young master.

 

-

 

Inside a house, a young boy opens his eyes and slowly gets up.

 

"It's good you wake up to remember anything.” Zou Jie asked.

 

“My name is Luo Wei, ahhh.” Luo Wei holds his head in pain.

 

“It's fine. Take your time here. Eat some porridge first.”

 

Later, Zou Jie found out Luo Wei had lost his memory and only remembered his name. From his experience, sometimes people lose memory after their head is hit by something. However, it’s not that serious that Luo Wei's memory will return; it will take time.

 

Zou Jie also got some karma points for helping, and in the end, it was a good deal for him.

 

-

 

A few days later, Zou Jie found out from a hunter who came for treatment that the village that saved him had been massacred.

 

“What do the prefects say?” Zou Jie, while talking, cleaned up the injury, bandaged the hunter's arm with cloth, and used a stick to prevent the hand from moving.

 

After that, he elevates the hand and uses the hunter's neck as support by tying clothes around the hunter's neck and the broken arm.

 

“They say it was a bandit attack, but bandits usually will not kill women and children and just take the valuables.” The hunter said his face was grimacing from the pain.

 

“Okay, it's done. Come and see me if there is any problem, and don’t forget to drink the medicine.” Zou Jie said that and gave him a few types of herbs that can help heal broken bones.

 

“Thank you. Here is some dried meat.” Most villagers didn’t have money and used the barter system to trade. That’s why physicians leave the village and rather stay in the city and town.

 

After the hunter left,

 

Zou Jie enters the house and can see Luo Wei sitting on the chair in a daze.

 

“Take your time; you will recover your memory soon. Come help me in the kitchen; we will eat meat today.” Zou Jie smiles. He tries to hunt animals, but without proper equipment and experience, he fails.

 

However, everything will change once he purchases the hunter's knowledge. To build a strong body, he needs meat.

 

-

 

A month later, the Han Empire

 

In the capital city, the Luo family

 

Minister Luo, after reading the report, sighed. The chance for his grandson to still be alive is slim.

 

“Father, I want to go to the Bai kingdoms.” The fourth young master enters the room.

 

“Master, I am sorry. I already tried to stop him.” The male servant knelt.

 

“Stand up; you can leave.” Minister Luo said it in a stern voice.

 

“Thank you, master.” The servant quickly leaves the room, afraid that he will be punished.

 

“Father.”

 

“I understand, but what will happen if you also have an accident?"

 

“I am willing as long as I can find my son.” The fourth young master is determined.

 

“What about your wife?”

 

“She will accompany me on this journey.”

 

After a long silence, Minister Luo finally spoke. “Fine, wait for a few days. I am going to contact my friend in the martial alliance for help.”

 

“Thank you, Father.”

 

Minister Luo is worried, but there is nothing he can do. If he is not a minister, he also wants to leave the empire and find his grandson.

 

-

 

Late at night, instructor Tao has too much to drink and feels sleepy.

 

“I should not drink too much.” After settling his debt, Instructor Tao is happy and goes out to have a drink.

 

Without realizing it, he falls asleep in the alley. At this time, there are not many people, and most of them are drunk the same as him.

 

A black-clad man appears and carries the drunk instructor, Tao, to the nearby water lanes. After seeing there was no one around, they threw him in the water.

 

Instructor Tao feels the cold water wake up; however, he doesn’t know how to swim, and in panic, his body sinks under the water.

 

The next morning, everyone receives shocking news: instructor Tao gets drunk and drowns in the city water lane.

 

Minister Luo ordered his man to arrange the funeral and take care of Instructor Tao's wife and children. Although he found it suspicious, there was no foul play. Several people testify that Instructor Tao was drunk that night.

 

In a room, the first young master smiles after hearing the news that no one can link him to his nephew's death. According to the last report, although they can’t find the young master's body, the one who saved his nephew is already severely injured and will die at any time.

 

It will be a miracle if his nephew can survive in the forest alone.

 

17