Chapter 7: Kind-Hearted Physician
332 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Kind-Hearted Physician

 

According to rumor, a drunken sword master once wiped out a medium-sized, unorthodox sect because their member broke his wine jug. There are many strange incidents that cause many martial artists to die at the hands of drunken sword masters.

 

Since then, every martial artist from the orthodox and unorthodox paths has avoided him like a plague. However, several years ago, he suddenly joined the martial alliance as a guest elder.

 

The white tiger bandit leader doesn’t know about the drunken sword master and is not afraid. He doesn’t even feel any pressure coming from the loose robe.

 

“How long are you going to play? If not, I will deal with him.” The drunken sword master frowns. The scholar, although not a martial master like him, is stronger than a normal first-class martial artist.

 

The Marital Alliance is a place where numerous martial arts manuals from around the world are stored. He doesn’t believe that a scholar is equal to a mountain bandit.

 

The scholar sighs. “Why do you ruin the fun?" While saying that he circulates his qi to his leg and imbues qi to the metal fan.

 

“HAHAHA, you can’t even withstand an attack; how can you defeat me?" The bandit leader laughed.

 

Suddenly, the bandit leader stops laughing. Because the metal fan already cut his throat.

 

“How?” The bandit leader's eyes widen before collapsing to the ground.

 

"Okay, everyone, clean up the bandits!” The scholar closes his metal fan.

 

The martial artists are stunned but soon enter the cave to kill the bandits.

 

The drunken sword master turns around and prepares to leave.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I am going to kill the bandits outside.” The drunken sword master draws his sword.

 

The scholar nodded, although they joined forces with those bandits. There are still bandits that harm innocent civilians. He doesn’t care if they live or die.

 

That day, most bandits in the Huangshan mountain range had been wiped out. However, it’s only a matter of time before the new bandits take over.

 

-

 

A few months later.

 

A black-haired man carrying a bamboo basket lines up to enter the town.

 

Since most mountain bandits had been wiped out by the martial alliance, The villagers' lives are getting better with a few sick people, so Zou Jie decides to go to the town to get more karma points.

 

Entering the town gate, he sees many people. He walks past many stalls and buys some buns to eat. While walking, he saw a few kids looking at the candied hawthorn.

 

Zou Jie smiled and bought a few candied hawthorns and gave them to the kids.

 

"Here, take this.”

 

“Can we really take it?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Thank you, brother.” The kids say it in unison.

 

Each good deed earns him a karma point.

 

Zou Jie's destination is the slum, the place where the poorer people live.

 

-

 

Inside a dilapidated house, a middle-aged woman is lying on the bed.

 

A girl stays by her side, worried. Her mother had been sick for a few days, and she didn’t have money to pay a physician.

 

Suddenly, someone is calling her name.

 

“Xiao Yun, hurry come out!” A shabby boy shouted in a hurry.

 

“What is it?” Xiao Yun asked. The boy is her friend.

 

“A physician is giving a free treatment.”

 

“Are you sure he is not a crook?”

 

“What type of crook doesn’t ask for money first?"

 

Xiao Yun, hearing that, quickly follows the boy.

 

Soon she sees a line of people waiting their turn to see the physician.

 

The physician is a young man and doesn’t show any disgust when touching the slum people's hands to check their pulse. After that, he gives them some herbs and teaches them how to consume them.

 

She had seen a physician come to the slum before, and most of them didn’t even want to come.

 

While waiting in line, a person comes carrying someone, and that person's leg is bleeding like being cut by a sword.

 

Zou Jie frowns; the leg wound is deep. First, he quickly cleans the wound. After that, start to suture the wound. Combined with the seamstress's knowledge, his hand is steady, the wound soon closes and the bleeding stops.

 

The people who see that are amazed; they have never seen anyone stop the bleeding like that. Normally, people just bandage the wound, and if unlucky, the wound begins to rot and needs to be amputated.

 

After a while, it was Xiao Yun's turn. "Physician, my mother is sick at home. Please help.” Xiao Yun knelt in front of Zou Jie.

 

“Fine, show me the way.” Zou Jie follows the girl to her house.

 

Inside the house, Zou Jie checked on the girl's mother.

 

“Your mother is having a fever and needs to eat nutritious food.”

 

“We don’t have money to buy meat.”

 

Zou Jie sighs everywhere. If you’re poor, taking care of your health is hard.

 

“Here.” Zou Jie gives the girl some money.

 

“Physician, what is your name?”

 

“Physician Zou.” After saying that, he turns around and leaves.

 

“Thank you. I will pay back the money in the future.” The girl's eyes are moist and kowtowed.

 

That day, there was a rumor about the kind-hearted physician Zou, who helps the poor in the slum.

 

-

 

Zou Jie went out of town to check his karma points, and just like he expected, helping people in the town gave him a lot of points faster.

 

After training his body, he realizes that this world of martial arts is stronger. Because of that, he needs more karma points to purchase a stronger martial arts manual to protect himself.

 

While walking, he notices several people are following, but no matter how fast they walk, they can’t catch up with Zou Jie.

 

In the third-class martial arts manual, there is a fast movement technique that doesn’t require qi. If they don’t give up chasing him, He has no choice but to kill them.

 

“Should we stop?” One of the thugs said,

 

“Are you stupid? If we rob him, we will have fun at the brothel tonight."

 

“But.”

 

“I don’t care anymore; everyone chases him!”

 

Zou Jie grinned, and although he looked like he was walking, each step propelled him forward. Unless there is a martial artist who is proficient in speed or a high-class martial artist, it will be impossible to catch him.

 

After a long chase, they enter the forest.

 

“Where is him?” The thug gasped for air.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Suddenly, they heard something flying in the air.

 

“AHH!”

 

When they turned their heads, one of their comrades' necks had been pierced by an arrow.

 

The arrows keep coming from the woods and killing the thugs.

 

Until only one thug was standing, But his pants were already wet.

 

“In the next life, remember to do good deeds.”

 

That is the last word that the thug heard before dying from an arrow.

 

Zou Jie comes out of hiding while holding a bow and arrow. Before entering the town, he hides his weapon in the woods.

 

He checks their bodies for anything valuable.

 

“They are really poor.” Zou Jie found a small amount of money and left. For the corpses, the wild animals will eat them later.

 

On the mountain, Zou Jie has already started building a small Chinese courtyard house, and although it’s not finished, he is confident he will finish it within a year. There are many things that he needs to make from scratch.

 

For now, he can only go to town once or twice a month if he has enough herbs.

 

Not far from the house, there is a plot of land that he uses for farming. His herb farm still needs time to grow.

 

Zou Jie gazes at the sky; the sun has already set. “It’s time to make dinner." The corner of his lips turned up. This life is not boring.

 

-

 

In one of the famous brothels, a woman with a rash all over her body is lying on the bed.

 

The physician doesn’t even dare touch her and just looks from afar to be infected.

 

“I am sorry; I can’t do anything.” After saying that, the physician quickly left.

 

A middle-aged woman with thick makeup can only sigh. That is the eleventh physician, she had invited, but every time they saw the patient's condition, they just took a glance and left.

 

“Madam Feng, it's fine; I already accepted my fate.” Zhu Shi, lying in bed, said it weakly. She, once the most popular courtesan, had been reduced to this state.

 

"Shie'er, don’t worry, I will find other physicians.” Madam Feng knew that this disease had no cure. She had seen it many times since she worked in the brothel. Any woman or man who gets this disease will get weaker and die.

 

Zhu Shi's eyes become moist, but she also knows that this disease has no cure.

 

Zhu Shi's personal servant sees that feeling sad, and Lady Zhu treats her nicely. Why don't good people have a long life? Suddenly, she remembers something. “My lady, I heard a rumor about a kind-hearted physician in the slum.” The personal servant told the story about physician Zou.

 

“Do you know how to find him?” Madam Feng asked. Although she knew it was impossible, she still had hope.

 

“No, he doesn’t live in the town.”

 

“We can only wait until he returns to the town again.”

 

 

21