Chapter 9: The Mysterious Physician
363 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: The Mysterious Physician

 

Below a certain mountain, many people gathered to see physician Zou. However, the area is covered by mist, and everyone who enters will get lost and come out of the mist. For several days, people failed to reach Physician Zou's house.

 

“What happened? Where is Physician Zou's house?”

 

“I don’t know; even the villager doesn’t know what’s going on.”

 

“I have come here many times, and the mist has never been like this before.” Even if there is mist in the mountain range, normally it will disappear once the sun rises.

 

While people didn’t know what was going on, Zou Jie continued to build his house and other things. Behind the building, there is a farm of vegetables and medicinal herbs.

 

Zou Jie smiles. This is the peaceful life he wanted. That’s why, in his past life, he retired from the army and became a doctor in the countryside.

 

With his skill, he will not starve.

 

“The cabbage needs two more months to harvest.” After walking around, he sits down to rest. At this time, it’s good to have internet access to relieve his boredom. He remembers that there is a scholar's knowledge in the system; he can learn music, chess, calligraphy, and painting. But he doesn’t have enough karma points to purchase them.

 

“It looks like I need to gather more karma points.”

 

-

 

Pingyao town.

 

Zou Jie decided to check the condition of courtesans who suffered from syphilis. The servants from brothels who recognized him quickly let him in.

 

Physician Zou never refused anyone, even if that person didn’t have money. Because he is not omnipotent, there are illnesses that he can’t cure. Especially if the patient is already in critical condition.

 

Madam Feng with tick makeup comes in a hurry; although she is already middle-aged, she still looks beautiful. When she sees Physician Zou, she blushes. “Why don't you say you are coming? If not, I will order the chef to cook something delicious.”

 

Zou Jie coughs. “I only come to check on miss Zhu; after that, I need to go somewhere else.”

 

Before this, Zhu Shi's condition was getting better. Madam Feng offered Physician Zou to sleep with any courtesan in the Red Flower brothel. In the end, he chooses to sleep with her.

 

Madam Feng was surprised at that time. Most customers preferred the young courtesans to the middle-aged women. No customer wants to sleep with her.

 

What Madam Feng didn’t know was that at that time Zou Jie felt horny, and his mouth was dry after seeing all the beautiful and sexy courtesans. He is, after all, not impotent. However, he is feeling conflicted because, although his body is young, his mind is that of an old man. He doesn’t want to sleep with a young courtesan, so it’s better to choose Madam Feng.

 

That night, both of them had fun in bed. Fortunately, there is a zi cao herb to prevent pregnancy.

 

Madam Feng looks disappointed but still smiles.

 

Inside a room. Zhu Shi's face and body no longer had rashes, and her body had already moved normally without any pain.

 

“Thank you, physician Zou. I am fine now.” Zhu Shi smiles.

 

“It’s better if you rest for a few more weeks before starting to work." Zou Jie, it’s not a saint to prevent her from continuing to work as a courtesan. Everyone has their own story and life. Her life is already hard as a woman who works in the brothel.

 

“Yes, physician Zou." Zhu Shi bows her head. She is already grateful that her sickness is already gone.

 

At the brothel door. “Physician Zou, if you feel lonely, you can come here anytime.” Madam Feng acted flirtatiously.

 

Zou Jie cupped his hand and said, “Yes, I will come if I have time.”

 

After that, Zou Jie went to other brothels.

 

In each brothel, the middle-aged courtesan gazes at him like a hungry wolf because of the rumors that physician Zou likes an older woman. There is nothing he can do, and he can only blame it on himself.

 

In the slum, people are lining up to see physician Zou. Some of them even asked about the strange mist. But he pretended he also didn’t know what was going on.

 

Before the town gate closes, Zou Jie leaves the town.

 

Several people secretly follow him from behind.

 

“They are not a normal thug, maybe a martial artist.” Zou Jie can feel they are strong.

 

“How does the physician move so fast?”

 

“We need to capture him and inquire about the way to make the medicine.” A lot of people want to know how to make penicillin. However, Zou Jie doesn’t reveal it because he is a selfish person; being kind only gets him karma points, not money.

 

“It looks like I will have extra karma points today.” The karma point is impartial, which means if someone wants to harm him, it's considered self-defense if he kills them.

 

The men chase him until inside the forest, where they see that Physician Zou is already gone.

 

“We go to physician Zou's house; he can’t escape from us.”

 

Suddenly, the woods are covered by dense mist.

 

The people inside the mist can’t even see each other.

 

“AHHHH!”

 

“Who!”

 

“What happened!”

 

“Help me, there is someone, AHHHH!”

 

"Everyone, we need to gather together. AH!” A dagger came out of the mist and cut the man's throat. Blood splattered on the ground.

 

When the mist is gone, what is left are corpses on the ground. With the array formation, he can kill a lot of people or escape.

 

Zou Jie, after confirming they are dead, leaves the area.

 

“It looks like I need to move to a different place.” People in Pingyao town already recognize him, and some people are getting impatient. Next time, they might attack him in town.

 

-

Bai kingdom Datong City, because of its location, is where most of the trade coming from the three empires goes first before going to other empires or kingdoms. Since the Bai kingdom is a neutral kingdom, other nations prefer to do business here.

 

There is a mysterious physician in the city. He doesn’t ask for money and just treats anyone that he sees sick. Everybody thought he was a crazy person playing physician. Nevertheless, the people who receive mysterious physician treatment recover.

 

Zou Jie had been staying in the city for a week and had gathered a lot of karma points. There are also many brothels here. But he doesn’t want to go there because he doesn’t want to convince them that he can cure syphilis; it is a waste of his time.

 

Another reason there are many sick and injured people in the city Everyone without money to pay a physician is willing to receive his treatment.

 

Thanks to that, he already has more than enough karma points to purchase both a second-class martial art manual and other knowledge.

 

Inside a courtyard house, a graceful, mature woman is wearing a veil. However, her face and body are full of rashes. Although her body is strong, the pain is consuming her slowly.

 

“Have you gathered information about the physician Zou?”

 

“Yes, but according to the report, physician Zou had stopped coming to Pingyao town.” A female servant answered.

 

"What about his house?’

 

“They can’t even reach his house because of the dense mist that appeared a few weeks ago on the mountain.”

 

“Does that mean I can’t meet him?”

 

"Master, I heard about the mysterious physician in the city; how about we try to ask him to check?"

 

"Fine, go and invite him.” Every physician that she sees doesn’t even bother to check; she just takes a glance and flees. She doesn’t want to die a slow and painful death.

 

-

 

At night, inside an inn. Zou Jie opened his system visual panel.

 

[Karma system]

[Karma point: 927]

[Bad Karma Punishment: (0/10)]

 

-

 

[Medical skill:]

[Devine physician knowledge: 500]

 

-

 

[Occupation Skill:]

[Scholar knowledge: 100]

[Artisan knowledge: 100]

[Merchant knowledge: 100]

 

-

 

[Martial artist:]

[1 year of Qi: 100]

[Second-class martial arts manual: 500]

 

-

 

“Purchase the scholar knowledge, artisan knowledge, merchant knowledge, 1 year of Qi, and a second-class martial arts manual.” Zou Jie said in his mind while closing his eyes.

 

While the system transmits the various information the surrounding qi is gathering inside his dantian like a vortex,

 

When Zou Jie opens his eyes, he can see that this world is different, maybe because of the qi or the knowledge that enters his mind.

 

Scholar and merchant knowledge comprises many things involving human behavior and action. He even has a feeling that he is a different person.

 

“Open system”

 

[Karma system]

[Karma point: 27]

[Bad Karma Punishment: (0/10)]

 

-

 

[Medical skill:]

[Devine physician knowledge: 500]

 

-

 

[Martial artist:]

[5 years of Qi: 500]

[First-class martial arts manual: 1000]

 

-

 

The things that he can purchase from the system have become fewer.

 

Zou Jie is right now feeling conflicted. Should he gather more karma points or just stay on the mountain forever?

 

“How about I explore this world before retiring on the mountain?" After making that decision, he becomes serene. He had been transmigrated or reborn into this body; it would be a waste to spend his youth in the mountains.

 

However, he needs to make some preparation first.

 

21