Chapter 39: Lone Hero
468 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 39: Lone Hero

 

A few days later, a handsome man came out from the river.

 

Zou Jie's face and body become chiseled after he has been well-fed. He is unaware that his appearance has changed as a result of his training in the demon sect, shaolin, and other external martial arts. His aura has also grown more oppressive.

 

He tries to regain his past memory but fails. In the end, he decided to stay on the mountain to recuperate and organize his memory. With the knowledge he has, he can live in the mountains forever; however, he wants to explore this world. It’s like he is missing something.

 

"If I have hair, I will become more handsome." Zou Jie examines his reflection in the water. He believes the people who want to kill him are because he is attractive, had an affair with their wife, or stole their girlfriend. With this face and body, it’s not impossible, and he had many ways to seduce a woman in his mind. The weird thing is that he is interested in mature women.

 

When Zou Jie puts on his tiger-skin clothes, his body becomes shorter and chubbier, and he quickly transforms into a chubby man. There is a technique in his mind to change his body and face. Because he has no idea who his enemy is, he should conceal his identity.

 

It’s time to leave the mountain.

 

-

 

The border between the Qin and Han empires was separated by a mountain range. One of the bandit groups that make a living there is One Eye Bandit. They got good news today about the conflict between the black mountain bandits and the Veil sect, which had a transcendent realm expert.

 

Prior to the arrival of the black mountain bandits, their strength among the bandit groups was not significantly different. However, when they arrived, the majority of the bandits surrendered, and those who refused died. They had few martial masters, and their leadership strength was unknown. What they know is that the black mountain bandit leader is a rebellious general from the Han Empire.

 

Daytime inside a wooden house.

 

"This is our time to rise; we need to work together with the Veil sect." After being injured in a fight when he was young, the One Eyes Bandit leader wears an eye patch on his left eye. He created the One Eyes Bandit after becoming a first-rate martial artist.

 

“But boss, if the black mountain bandit finds out, we will be in trouble.” The bandit still remembered the scene of hundreds of bandits being killed and their heads on a spike.

 

“Don’t be afraid; the Veil sect has a transcendent realm expert that can fight an army.”

 

While they are talking, a commotion can be heard outside the wooden house.

 

“What happened!” The bandit leader shouted.

 

"Someone is attacking us!”

 

"Is it the black mountain bandit?”

 

“We don’t know if an arrow is coming from the forest.”

 

When the bandit leader emerges from the house, he notices that a few people have already died as a result of the arrows. "Who are you? Come out!" The bandit leader jumped toward the wooden tower, peering over the wooden wall. The watchman was already dead after being pierced by the arrow on his head.

 

However, the forest is covered by thick mist, and because of that, he doesn’t see anything.

 

Instead of responding, an arrow is aimed at him, which the bandit leader easily slashes. "Do you think an arrow can kill me?" The bandit leader is initially wary, but the lack of qi in the arrow indicates that the archer is a third- or second-class martial artist.

 

After a few more attacks, there were no more arrows coming toward him. The bandit leader thought the attacker had become scared and fled. “Open the gate and kill him!”

 

“Yes, boss!”

 

The wooden gate opens, and the bandits enter the forest mist while holding their weapons. They just entered the forest, and several screams can already be heard.

 

“It’s an ambush!” The bandit leader jumps down the tower and rushes toward the woods.

 

Upon entering the forest, several bandits were already lying on the ground as each arrow struck their vital spot.

 

"Bastard, fight me like a man!” The bandit looks around, but he still doesn’t see the attacker.

 

Zou Jie, who is far away from the bandit, is hiding inside the mist formation that he created. He directs his arrow at the other bandits, killing them.

 

When he decided to leave the mountain, he realized something. He doesn't have any money, and running a hunting business will take time and effort. The easier way out is to rob someone. But because he does not want to rob innocent people, the only target left is the bandit.

 

The bandits are in panic after seeing their comrades die one by one.

 

After seeing so many of his subordinates die, the bandit leader yelled. "Everyone retreat to the base now!" The surviving bandits flee to the base, leaving behind the one-eyed bandit leader.

 

The bandit leader sprints in a specific direction after cutting the arrows aimed at his subordinate. Because he knows exactly where the arrows are coming from.

 

Soon he sees a chubby man holding a bow and arrow.

 

Zou Jie already has the last arrows that he made and is ready to fight.

 

“Fatso, how dare you!” The bandit leader is mad to think their enemy is just one fat man.

 

Zou Jie didn’t say anything, and his body disappeared.

 

“Where is him?”

 

"I am sorry, I need money." Zou Jie appears beside the bandit leader and punches.

 

The bandit leader's eyes widened, and he couldn't even avoid the sudden attack. Even if he can dodge, there is a significant difference between a first-rate martial artist and a martial master.

 

Boom!

 

He flies through the air and comes to a stop when he collides with a tree. The bandit leader wants to stand up, but he has trouble breathing and has suffered a serious injury.

 

"You are strong enough to survive my attack." Zou Jie tested his body and discovered that he had strong external and internal strength. According to his knowledge, he is already a martial master and can be considered a top power below the transcendent realm.

 

“Who, cough, are you?” The bandit leader coughs up blood and asks.

 

“Zou Jie.” Zou Jie answered, at the same time seeing the bandit's reaction to know if he knew the name.

 

“Zou Jie?” He doesn’t recognize the fat man. The other person who has the same name is physician Zou, but the fat man in front of him doesn’t fit the description.

 

“Do you know who I am?”

 

“No.”

 

Zou Jie, after asking a few more questions, beheaded the bandit leader using his long and sharp nail. After that, he enters the bandit base and starts a massacre.

 

A few days later, the citizens near the border heard the news. A lone hero kills the entire one-eyed bandit and sets the captives free. Nevertheless, the majority of them do not believe the story. Because the hero is a fat man dressed in tiger fur.

 

Nonetheless, the lone hero or the culprit doesn’t really care and has already left the area.

 

-

 

A month later, elder Xue, disguised as a man, returns to the mountain range, this time with a woman wearing a veil, elder Bai Mei. The demon sect patriarch wants to negotiate with the black mountain bandit and ask for compensation. Right now is not the time to make new enemies. They need to be vigilant against martial alliance schemes.

 

Elder Xue had no choice but to accept that physician Zou was no longer alive. The Tang Clan Pseudo spirit qi manifestation attack was powerful enough to kill a martial master, not to mention a first-class martial artist like physician Zou.

 

Zou Jie never told anyone that he had advanced to martial master.

 

Elder Bai Mei had been ordered to keep watch to prevent any mishap. She is also angry because Dr. Zou has saved her life. However, the demon sect patriarchal order is absolute.

 

For now, the death of physician Zou will be kept a secret.

 

After a while, Commander Fei arrived with a few people, all of whom had the same aura as him.

 

“I want to apologize; we can’t find physician Zou.” Commander Fei cupped his hand and bowed. While saying that the others have already started to circulate their qi and prepare for the worst.

 

Elder Xue, although she already expected the answer and didn’t show any reaction, still felt disappointed. However, she needs to obey the patriarch's order. “The Veil sect is willing for a truce; however, we want the Luo family's first young master head and compensation.”

 

“We agreed on the compensation, but the head of the Luo family's first young master is impossible." The Luo family had saved their lives. Although all of this is because of the Luo family's first young master, they owe Minister Luo a favor.

 

“I know you had your people in the Han Empire; you just need to tell us his location."

 

Commander Fei, after a long silence, agreed.

 

It's becoming harder to write due to work/laziness, and I haven't finished my story outline in order to continue writing the chapter. I'll post an update when the new chapter is completed, which should be this month or next year.

 

10