Chapter 43: Minister Luo Grief.
112 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 43: Minister Luo Grief.

 

The next morning, Zou Jie is eating inside a restaurant. His clothes had a lipstick stain. He sat calmly while listening to the storyteller. The story is about a martial artist fighting with a corrupt official.

 

“My next story is about a divine physician in our Bai kingdom who lives on the Huangshan mountain range.” The storyteller begins to tell the story about how that physician cured several illnesses that had no cure. After that, he left the Bai kingdom and entered a new rising sect named the Veil sect in the Qin empire.

 

Some customers sigh because the Bai kingdom lost another talent. This kingdom is small, and the king is incompetent. Fortunately, they had a prime minister who took care of the people.

 

Zou Jie, while eating, stopped because he had a feeling the divine physician had a connection to him. He had a vague memory that he used to live on a mountain alone. He can only know when he arrives at the Huangshan mountain range.

 

After finishing eating, he gives the storyteller a few silvers and leaves. The storyteller smiles; in the past, many people paid him to ask the whereabouts of the divine physician. But now most of them already knew that the divine physician was at Veil Sect.

 

Zou Jie, after leaving the restaurant, decides to go to the mountain alone. With his strength, he is not afraid of the mountain bandit.

 

“Sir Zou, please wait!” A young woman comes running toward him.

 

Zou Jie recognizes her. “What do you want?” Although he already knew the reason, he still asked.

 

“My name is Lai Ru, and I want you to treat my husband's injury.” Lai Ru cupped her hand and explained her husband's injury.

 

“I am not a physician.” After saying that, Zou Jie turns around.

 

"Wait, I can give you anything.” Lai Ru is desperate; if her husband decides to abandon martial arts, there will be no problem. However, it was impossible, as they didn’t know if the Black Tower assassin would come again. She already asked physicians in the town, and the answer is the same.

 

Zou Jie observes Lai Ru's appearance and body. She is beautiful, and if she is 10 years older, he might be interested. However, she is still too young, and sleeping with someone's wife is taboo for him. He is, after all, a gentleman.

 

“I am not interested.”

 

“Wait, I give you Whispering Willow sect martial art.” Lai Ru hurried said.

 

“Why do I need it?” Zou Jie is a martial master and has hundreds of martial arts in his mind.

 

“You might have inspiration to break through to the transcendent realm.” Lai Ru said nervously.

 

“Do you think I am a kid that you can lie to?” Zou Jie scoffs. Top martial arts manuals can only help people become first-class martial artists, even though most people fail to become one. To become a martial master and above, it requires comprehension and luck. He also doesn’t remember how he became a martial master because of his lost memory.

 

“I am sorry. Can you at least check on my husband?” Lai Ru bowed her head and apologized. She doesn’t want to offend a martial master.

 

“Your husband's Meridian is already damaged; it will not be a problem if your husband stops using qi.” After saying that, he leaves without waiting for a reply. It’s not his problem, and if the news spreads, he can heal damage to Meridian, and many martial artists will try to find him.

 

Lai Ru can only let him leave, and then she realizes something: Sir Zou knows her husband's Meridian is damaged.

 

A horse is galloping outside the town. Zou Jie leaves alone after purchasing a horse and sword from a blacksmith. Before leaving his chubby body transforms into a skinny and tall man. His face became older and more ferocious, making people wary of him.

 

-

 

Minister Luo finally got the news about his eldest son's and family's deaths. Although his son tried to kill him, he still feels grief. The suspect is either the Black Mountain Bandit or the Veils sect. Since he had saved the black mountain bandit leader's and family's lives, The most likely suspect is the Veil sect.

 

Although there are rumors that the Veil sect is a remnant of the demon sect, there are many similar stories of new sects or organizations that are related to the demon sect. Nonetheless, after investigation, the rumors were coming from the martial alliance that wanted to destroy the new sect or organization's reputation. Because of that, most people will ignore the rumor, and even if it is true, it was the job of the martial alliance.

 

“Arrange the funeral.” Minister Luo closed his eyes to hide his sadness.

 

“Yes, master.” An elderly man replies. He also felt sad because he had seen the first young master grow up.

 

“Contact the Veil sect; we need to resolve our enmity.” Although it had nothing to do with the Luo family, Minister Luo didn’t want to make an enemy of the Veil sect. In the past, there were powerful merchant families that killed a sect disciple. Once that merchant family was on the decline, one by one, the males in the family died.

 

A few days later, the Luo family had a funeral for Minister Luo's eldest son, his wife, and his son. Many people come to say their condolences, including the Han emperor.

 

A few elders in the Luo family want to find out who killed the first young master. However, Minister Luo had warned them to stop. He realizes the family elders are useless and doesn’t see the big picture.

 

He doesn’t want to provoke the Veil Sect, which has a transcendent realm expert, and the reason physician Zou came to the Han empire in the first place was because his grandson Luo Wei invited him to cure him.

 

He is feeling guilty; not only does Physician Zou come here for him, but his deceased eldest son is responsible for Physician Zou's death.

 

-

 

Demon sect palace, underground training.

 

A mature woman with long black hair and wearing thin clothes is meditating inside a hot chamber. Sweat covers her entire body. Lin Ru, ever since coming here, has never stopped training other than eating and sleeping.

 

Not far from her is the Demon Sect patriarch Hu Ling, wearing a black imperial robe embroidered with a golden dragon and phoenix. Despite the hot temperature, she looks fine.

 

A few hours later, the qi inside the chamber is absorbed by the mature woman.

 

Lin Ru opened her eyes, and his aura changed.

 

“You already reached martial master; now you need to stabilize your qi.” Hu Ling can sense that the qi in Lin Ru's body is in a state of turbulence. What surprised her was Lin Ru's speed, just like she thought Lin Ru was a genius but was not interested in martial arts in the past.

 

“My body feels hot.” Lin Ru's eyes are lustful, and she licks her lips while gazing at the demon sect patriarch's body. This is the side effect of demonic art and the underground training chamber that amplifies desire. Combined with the breakthrough into a martial master, Lin Ru's mind is in chaos.

 

Lin Ru walks toward Hu Ling and rubs their bodies together. While groping Hu Ling's breasts and buttocks. Hu Ling doesn’t show any emotion.

 

“This is not a place to do it.” After saying that Hu Ling carries Lin Ru to leave the demon seedling underground training, Lin Ru keeps kissing and licking Hu Ling's neck and face.

 

Outside the underground training, several women wearing red dresses are waiting for them.

 

“Take care of her.”

 

“Yes, patriarch.” The women take Lin Ru to a room. Soon, a loud moan can be heard inside the room.

 

Hu Ling is planning to keep physician Zou's death a secret. She is afraid that Lin Ru will rush toward the Tang Clan, although she can destroy the Tang Clan. There are many sects and organizations under the martial alliance, and her strength alone is not enough to defeat them. Even the strongest demon sect patriarch in the past failed to conquer the martial arts world.

 

-

 

Zou Jie's journey is peaceful. People who want to cause problems when they see his appearance and aura cower in fear. According to the other traveler that he meets, there is an inn near the main road for caravans and travelers who don’t want to stay outside at night.

 

After a while, there is a wooden sign of the inn on the road. When he arrives, he can see a large inn, and there are several horses and a carriage park outside.

 

"Senior, do you want to eat or stay here?” A young worker quickly came toward him.

 

“Both.” Zou Jie comes down off the horse and gives the horse's reins to the servant.

 

“Please, wait inside the inn.”

 

Entering the inn, Zou Jie can see many people; most of them had weapons on their waists. When other people see him, he becomes cautious.

 

“Senior, please sit here.” A male waiter shows him an empty table. After Zou Jie places an order, the waiter goes to the back of the inn.

 

Zou Jie's hearing is sharp because he is a martial master and can hear the other customers' conversations. Most of the story is about mundane stuff and martial artists.

 

“Do you know that on the Huangshan mountain range, there is an area covered with dense mist? Even when you enter, you will get lost, and people say that place has a treasure.”

 

“You are wrong; that is the place of divine physician Zou.”

 

“How do you know?”

 

“My friend had an opportunity to see the divine physician, but one day that place was covered by mist, preventing anyone from going to the divine physician's home.”

 

7