Chapter 49: Mountain Demon (3)
80 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 49: Mountain Demon (3)

 

Bai Kingdom border.

 

A group of men and women martial artists are riding a horse to enter the border.

 

“I remember the last time we came here to kill bandits.”

 

“Where are the elders?"

 

“They went to the mountain first.”

 

Far from them, three people move toward the Huangshan mountain range. Each of their steps makes them fly hundreds of meters through the air. After receiving the orders from the Martial Alliance, they accepted the mission, and one of them was the Drunken Sword Master.

 

After finding out about physician Zou's death, he wants to avenge him. However, the killer is from the Tang Clan, and he still has family to protect. In the end, he can only bury this vengeance in his grave.

 

Besides Drunken Sword, there are two elderly martial master couples. In the past, both of them were quite famous. They are called Crescent Moon Fairy and Fire Sun Master; they are the match made by heaven. Now in their old age, both of them live in seclusion in a martial alliance. The reason they accepted the mission is because they need inspiration to advance before their lifespan ends.

"Senior, what do you think about the criminal?” The drunken sword master asked.

 

“According to the information, the criminal walks the path of an external martial artist and is not proficient in using qi. Combine with Azure Crane Sect martial master, and we the criminal will die.” The Fire Sun Master replied.

 

“I agreed.” The reason the martial alliance takes this seriously is because the criminal kills the Azure Crane Sect disciples and, at the same time, shows off the martial alliance's strength.

 

“When we found him, it was impossible for him to escape.” The Crescent Moon fairy spoke casually. In their minds, the criminal will be dead sooner or later. Even the most talented martial master can’t defeat a few martial masters at once. The only person who had done it in the past was the deceased demon sect patriarch when he was young.

 

There is not a lot of information about the past demon sect patriarch that caused the great war in Jianghu. However, most records in the martial alliance only write how cruel and powerful the past demon sect patriarch was.

 

-

 

At the mountain, the Bai Kingdom army and martial artists are moving toward the criminal hideout. According to Lai Ru, the reason she manages to escape is because the criminal is in seclusion.

 

For Lai Ru poison, Elder Tao Jing from Azure Crane Sect manages to remove most of it, but it requires a physician who specializes in poison to completely remove it. Because the poison had spread through the bone. Fortunately, the poison is slow and not fatal in a short period.

 

“Wife, it's fine to stay in the camp if you are tired.” Song He said it with concern.

 

“I am fine.” Lai Ru, from the outside, doesn’t show anything strange. However, she knows what happens next will cause numerous deaths. To prevent that, she purposely said that this might be a trap to lure them, and that’s why the criminal let her escape. However, the two martial masters think otherwise. Even if it is a trap, the criminal can’t defeat two internal Qi martial masters. “Husband, if anything happens, you must listen to me.”

 

“Okay.” Song He is confused but still agrees.

 

After a long hike, they enter an area covered by dense mist.

 

Inside a courtyard house room, Zou Jie, disguised as a middle-aged, tall, and skinny martial artist, opens his eyes.

 

“It’s time.” Zou Jie leaves the room. The preparation is complete; however, he needs to move fast because the large array formation is not omnipotent and can’t trap them forever. Any changes in the terrain can cause the large array formation to become weaker or disappear. For safety, he had made several array formations near the large array formation.

 

-

 

The sun is high in the sky.

 

The people are perspiring because of the steep mountain and the dense mist, which causes their vision to be limited. They can only see people beside them.

 

“Follow the group; don’t separate!” The Bai kingdom lieutenant shouted. Beside him are the general and the two martial masters.

 

The soldiers and martial artists are nervous. Nevertheless, they still enter the mist. Anyone who can capture or kill the criminal who injured the second prince will be rewarded by the Bai Kingdom royal family. Maybe, if they are lucky, one of them can marry the royal family princess.

 

“I can’t see?”

 

“Just follow the people in front.”

 

Suddenly, the mist becomes thicker, and when they can see again, The people in front of them disappear. Before they can shout to call people, something flies in the air at a fast speed and pierces one of the soldiers' heads.

 

“Enemy attack!”

 

Hearing that, the people become cautious and take out their weapons. However, they can’t see the enemy inside the mist.

 

Multiple arrows fly through the mist. The target doesn’t even have time to react before the arrows pierce their head or body. People can only hear a scream and something falling to the ground.

 

“Raise your shield to protect me!” The general quickly shouted.

 

The soldiers nearby, holding the shield, quickly surrounded the general to protect him. However, because of the mist, most soldiers are lost inside the mist.

 

Elder Tao Jing from the Azure Crane Sect and Huang Ning from the Bai Kingdom army frown. Even with their ability, it’s hard for them to see through the mist to find the criminal.

 

“Sir Huang, should we retreat?” The general asked.

 

“No, the criminal should not have many arrows.” While Huang Ning is talking, an arrow is coming toward him. However, with a slash of his sword, the arrow broke and fell to the ground. “Order the army to keep moving; once we get out of the mist, it’s easier to see the criminal."

 

Elder Tao Jing doesn’t say anything. He is not concerned, since he doesn’t detect any qi on the arrow. Without qi, it’s just a normal arrow, and to kill a martial master, it requires hundreds or thousands of arrows.

 

Nevertheless, after a long time, they notice the mist is endless and the arrows keep coming.

 

Although the army lost some people, thanks to the shield, it managed to save their lives. However, the martial artists are not so lucky; the weaker ones die first. While first-class martial artists can only protect themselves.

 

Strangely, none of the arrows are coming toward Song He and Lai Ru.

“Lai Ru, let's retreat.”

 

“It’s too dangerous; let’s wait.” Lai Ru had helped the criminal make more than hundreds of arrows. Once the arrows stop, they should flee this place. For the poison, although the criminal promised to give her the antidote. She doesn’t believe him.

 

“Ahhh!” Inside the mist, more screams can be heard.

 

After a while, the scream finally stops, and most of them sigh in relief.

 

Zou Jie put down his bow and unsheathed his sword. In the safe area of the array formation, he can see everyone inside the mist. “It’s not enough.” He needs to kill more people.

 

After this, he should go to town to relax. The killing isn't good for his mental health, and he doesn’t know when the martial alliance will arrive.

 

He walks out of the safe area and heads to the nearby martial artist.

 

“Brother, we should retreat now.”

 

“Why, he already runs out of arrows; as long as we attack together, we can win.”

 

“But I heard the criminal is not weak.”

 

“Don’t worry, we can delay him while waiting for the martial master to come.”

 

While they are talking, they feel danger and leap back, but they can’t see anyone because of the dense mist.

 

Zou Jie, who wanted to attack, frowns because his body is emitting a killing aura. However, he can’t control it right now.

 

The two men suddenly sense bloodlust coming from the mist. One of them decided to flee.

 

“Brother, let's.” A sword flashes, and the head falls to the ground.

 

His comrade's eyes, when wide, see the headless body. Next, he feels a sharp pain in his chest.

 

Zou Jie, after that, moved toward the next target. Soon, the scream will continue.

 

"Help, the criminal is here!”

 

“Someone help!”

 

“AH!"

 

Most of them can’t defend against the first attack, except for a few people. Every time he leaves the area, there are corpses scattered on the ground.

 

“My time is running out.” Even with the array formation, as long as the martial master found him, he needed to flee since he didn’t want to risk his life and energy.

 

While he is killing, he gazes in a certain direction and flies in the opposite direction.

 

Elder Tao Jing's eyes are reddened by the screaming sound; he wants to kill the criminal to avenge the disciples. Beside him is Huang Ning. However, when they arrive, they can only see corpses.

 

Zou Jie coincidentally meets Lai Ru again with her husband.

 

Lai Ru wanted to speak, but Zou Jie threw a small bottle toward her. She quickly caught it.

 

“Don’t eat the antidote right now; wait until everything is safe.” After saying that Zou Jie flew at a fast speed, fleeing from the two martial masters,

 

Song He sees that it is a puzzle, but soon he realizes something.

 

Lai Ru gazes at the bottle and her husband; it looks like she needs to explain what happened to him.

5