Chapter 53: Restore Memory
404 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 53: Restore Memory

 

In a few days, the deaths of two martial masters from the Azure Crane sect spread, and at the same time, there was a rumor that the transcended realm expert was the criminal who harmed the second prince and killed thousands of people on the mountain.

 

The Bai kingdom king and prime minister remain silent and order the army to retreat. It’s not worth it to sacrifice the lives of the soldiers in exchange for killing a transcended realm expert.

 

Elder Tao Jing, after using the forbidden technique, failed to injure the transcendent realm expert and became unconscious. The other martial masters quickly saved him and fled the mountain.

 

Right now in the city, Elder Tao Jing is being treated by a physician. Although his life is not in danger, it might take him a few years or decades to fully recover.

 

The Drunken Sword Master, Crescent Moon Fairy, and Fire Punch Master are in another room discussing what to do. After a while, they decided to escort Elder Tao Jing back to the Azure Crane sect when he woke up.

 

For the transcended realm expert, that man's real identity might be the criminal that they are after, or he is related to the criminal. Either way, if they want to investigate further, they need the Martial Alliance transcended realm protector to come out of seclusion.

 

 

“What should we do now?” Drunken Sword Master asked.

 

“We can only wait for the elders to respond to our message.” Fire Punch Master answered. Nevertheless, he is not stupid enough to sacrifice their lives for nothing.

 

“I agreed.” Crescent Moon Fairy has the same opinion as her husband. Both of them had seen many things that were important to each other.

 

-

 

At the city gate, Zou Jie entered without any problem. Now he just needs to find out where the injured martial master is staying. When he thought it was going to take some time to gather the information, he saw children playing in the alley.

 

“Do you know anything about martial masters?”

 

The children heard that and began to answer enthusiastically. After giving them some money, Zou Jie left, of course, to verify the information he had asked other people. With the power of money, it is not hard to gather information.

 

-

 

Martial Alliance temporary courtyard residence. A group of men and women look downcast.

 

The Martial Alliance Academy students thought their mission this time would be simple, with the help of martial masters. But in the end, they failed the mission.

 

“Cheer up; even a martial master can’t do anything.”

 

“It’s already late; let’s go to sleep.”

 

Late at night, a black-clad figure enters the courtyard. Since they are inside the city, they don’t have people to keep watch at night. And no one is stupid enough to rob a place that had martial masters.

 

Zou Jie is cautious because there are still three martial masters from the martial alliance that survive. Fortunately, he has a keen nose and is a physician. He can smell and recognize the herbs that are used to treat injured people.

 

Following the smell, he soon enters an individual courtyard.

 

Inside the room, Elder Tao Jing is still unconscious. His body looks malnourished from the side effects of using the forbidden technique. The reason they survive is because Asura Demon is uninterested once again and afraid of the demon sect patriarch.

 

The door of the room is unlocked, and Zou Jie walks toward the bed. However, he suddenly sensed something and leaped back toward the door, ready to escape.

 

“I never thought someone was brave enough to assassinate the Azure Crane sect elder.” Drunken Sword Master had been mediating nearby and detected someone entering the courtyard. If it were during the day, it would not be strange, but this is late at night.

 

Zou Jie remains silent and contemplates whether he should escape or fight. He needs to make a decision fast; there is a high chance that the man in front of him is a martial master, and there are two more nearby, according to his information.

 

“Don’t ever think of escaping.” The Drunken Sword Master drew his sword and leaped toward the intruder.

 

Zou Jie is not flustered but instead slashes his sword at the incoming attack.

 

When their swords clash, the black-clad figure is pushed back from the impact. Drunken Sword Master smiles; it looks like the intruder doesn’t even use any qi.

 

Zou Jie grins under the black cloth that covers half his face and throws a fist-sized ball at the Drunken Sword Master.

 

Because of the darkness, the Drunken Sword Master can’t see clearly and thinks it is a hidden weapon. His sword easily slashes the object, and then the ball explodes and smoke covers the dark room, making it even harder to see.

 

The drunken sword master stops breathing and moves far away from the smoke, afraid of poison. When the smoke disappears, he smells blood and quickly checks on the bed. However, it was already too late; Elder Tao Jing was no longer breathing and blood was coming out of his chest. “Damn it.”

 

Because of the commotion, the other two martial masters arrived, but the attacker had already left the courtyard.

 

-

 

Zou Jie enters the window of his inn room and takes a deep breath. It looks like he needs to kill more people. The unknown voice doesn’t say anything. While he is ready to sleep, he hears the monotone voice that he is waiting for.

 

[Killing martial master.]

 

[Calculating the karma point.]

 

[The mission is complete.]

 

[Do you want to restore your memory?]

 

“Yes.” Zou Jie quickly said, Finally, he can remember everything.

 

[Start the memory transfer.]

 

Zou Jie begins to remember everything before he loses his memory, including the inhuman pain from bad karma punishment. He soon realizes that the way he is thinking about this world is wrong. Before this, he thought of himself as a traveler in this world instead of its inhabitants. In the end, people still used him, just like when he was a soldier in his past life.

 

[Start the system patch.]

 

[You can negate the bad karma punishment by paying karma points.]

 

[The host will not receive a bad karma point if the host had no intention or accidentally harmed innocent people.]

 

[The host will not receive bad karma points if the weapon or poison created by the host is used by others to harm innocent people.]

 

Zou Jie feels relieved; he finally doesn’t need to be wary of harming or killing innocent people. He can also use karma points to prevent bad karma punishment.

 

[Update system shop.]

 

“Open system.” An interface panel appears in front of him.

 

[Karma system]

[Karma point: 0]

[Bad Karma Punishment: Level 10 (34/100)]

-

[System Shop.]

 

[Negate Bad Karma Punishment: 50,000 karma points]

[Alchemy knowledge: 100,000 karma points; cure 1,000,000 sick or injured people] [156/1,000,000]

[Transcendent realm comprehension: 10,000,000 karma points, kill Transcendent realm martial artist, and make an empress or queen fall in love with the host]

[Jianshi knowledge: 15,000 karma points]

 

[Summon Guardian:]

[Martial Master Jianshi: 25,000 karma points]

[Transcendent Realm Jianshi: 50,000 karma points]

 

There is also something new in the system shop, Jianshi knowledge, and Summon Guardian. The only problem is that his karma point is zero. He already learned some basics about how to make Jianshi from the Demon Sect transcendent realm expert. However, he is not interested, since he doesn’t want dead people to follow him around.

 

For Summon Guardian, this might be useful if he is surrounded.

 

In the end, although he suffered, the result was acceptable, and he managed to restore his memory. “It looks like there should be no problem if I used my real face.” His face had changed to become handsome. Because of the external martial arts and bad karma punishment.

 

What he learns from this ordeal is that there are many things that he wants to do.

 

-

 

The next day, after cremating the Azure Crane Sect martial master corpses, the martial alliance people leave the city carrying three urns.

 

To prevent any more mishaps, they decided to leave.

 

The news soon reaches the Martial Alliance and Azure Crane Sect. The Azure Crane Sect master and elders are furious, and after considering the pros and cons, they decide to leave the killer for now. Since there are only a few transcendent realm experts in the sect.

 

However, they send a few people to investigate in secret. As long as there is an opportunity, they will take revenge for their fallen elders and disciples.

 

Complete the chapter, Stockpile. I am currently working and will continue to write when I have time. Do you want me to rewrite this book?

 

4