Chapter 25: Penny
724 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking around the town, Kyra suddenly noticed the fully cybernetic human or the sufficiently advanced robot that is Penny Polendina.

 

"Salutations!" Kyra said to her, quickly grabbing her hand after appearing out of nowhere.

 

"Salutations." Penny responds back, a slightly confused smile on her face.

 

"Ruby! She's a synth!" Kyra shouted excitedly at her girlfriend, causing Ruby to zoom over and start inspecting her with stars in her eyes.

 

"What no way!" Ruby says back, while the rest of the team was confused on

what they are talking about.

 

"Let's be friends." Kyra says with a big smile, the optical lenses in Penny's eyes widening at the proposition.

 

"Friends! Really?" Penny asks, grabbing Kyra’s other hand and bringing them up in front of her chest as she leaned forward and put herself nose-to-nose with the Saiyan.

 

"Yes!" Kyra said with a big smile, Penny backed off and started jumping in place while clapping in pure joy.

 

"What are you doing in vale?" Yang asks, watching the interaction with intrigue.

 

"I am here to fight in the tournament." Penny says as she stops jumping and clapping, turning to Yang.

 

"I'm Kyra, and this is Ruby." Kyra says as she gestures to herself, gaining Penny’s attention as she gestures to Ruby.

 

"I am Penny, nice to meet you." Penny says, holding a hand out for a handshake.

 

"Say Penny? Did you start with this body?" Kyra suddenly asks, poking at her arm.

 "I don't know what you are talking about?" Penny says as she jumps away from Kyra’s touch with a flinch.

 

"Jarvis, could you talk?" Kyra says, moving to the other side of Penny and continuing to inspect her.

 

"Certainly Miss Stark. Hello Miss Polendina, allow me to introduce myself; I am Jarvis, the Virtual Artificial Intelligence. I am going to be entering your systems, there is no need to fret." Jarvis says, suddenly Penny gasps, little stars appearing in her eyes as she claps. What seemed like less than a second to the rest was a full on conversation and discussion.

 

"I became friends with Jarvis! He gave me something he calls a Firewall." Penny says excitedly, clapping her hands once more.

 

'Great now it will be harder to hack her.' Kyra thinks with a big smile on her face, coming to stand in front of the girl once more.

 

"Yeah! Jarvis is similar to you. I would call you an android however you have already developed a personality and free will much like Jarvis, however Jarvis's synthetic body is still being worked on." Kyra says, knowing she even has a small but developing soul.

 

"So there will be more people like me?" Penny asks, hands on Kyra shoulders as she stared in wonder.

 

"Well, in a way, every single individual is actually different." Ruby says, getting Penny to turn to her.

 

"Like how Ruby is a human and there are other humans, except they don't look the same." Kyra says. 

 

"And Kyra is a Faunus and all Faunus' don't look the same." Ruby says while their team is slowly putting together what they are talking about; Penny’s head was just whopping between them.

 

"You are a synth, a synthetic human. A completely different race. And you are a Person since you have developed a personality and free will unlike those hive mind androids that Atlas has." Kyra says matter-of-factly, waving a hand as if the hive-mind was inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

 

Suddenly, they notice they've been surrounded by Atlas soldiers, guns drawn and trained on all but Penny. Yang raised her fist as her gauntlet extended, both Blake and Weiss’s hands moved to their weapon as ruby push Penny behind her and Kyra.

 

"Say Weiss? Wanna drop your family name, maybe your sister can help us." Kyra says, eyes roaming over the crowd of soldiers as a smile slowly crept its way onto the battle maniacs face.

 

"Put your guns down!" A mature voice yelled, anger laced in her voice as the *Click Clack* sound of her heels hitting the ground echoed over the now quiet street. Soldiers following orders and lowering their guns but keeping the at the ready,

 

"Weiss." The white haired woman says with a neutral expression on her face as she walks through the encirclement.

 

"Say, Penny, how is Doctor Pietro Polendina doing?" Kyra asks much to the

surprise of Winter and the Atlas personnel surrounding them.

 

"Father is doing... Wait, you know father?" Penny asks in surprise.

 

 "We have had some contact. Sadly, we can't work together cause we’re in different countries and I don't want a country weaponizing all of my tech.” Kyra said as she turned to face Penny,

 

“However, he's a nice man to talk to. I asked him to help Jarvis out." Kyra says with a smile, knowing that Jarvis has a soul and soon will have a body.

 

Winter took control of the situation before loading all of them onto an Airship and sending them back to beacon.

 

===================

 

'I have derailed the plot already... this is like season 3 except we are being

Escorted.'

 

"Say Winter, just so you know, the White Fang is planning to steal from the docks tonight. Using Atlas tech, do you want to explain why they have it?" Kyra asks, hoping that will fix the issue and the things that should have happened tonight.

 

Winter suddenly stops moving, halting everyone as she grab her scroll and quickly makes a call.

 

"Thanks for the information. It will be taken care of." Winter says with a strained smile.

 

Suddenly there is a sound of crunching metal, everyone turned to the sound to see

 

"Hey! Yeah! I'm talking to you, ice queen." A drunken Qrow says, Weiss suddenly walks up to him.

 

Kyra snaps into action with a flicker of speed, the robots around the area’s being dropped into a pile of parts as she systematically dismantles them piece by piece. Yet it seemed winter didn’t notice Kyra inspecting the parts of the Atlas Robots, quietly putting parts back together as she took notes.

 

"Hmm, so this goes here… And this dampens the shock." Kyra says, muttering to Herself as she works on a leg.

 

A Drunken Qrow pushes Weiss out of the way with a shush before moving forward and beginning to taunt Winter.

 

"I saw that ugly looking ship of yours. Figured you were in town." Qrow says, conveniently walking in front of Ruby who had crouched next to her girlfriend, "Psst, Kyra, what are you doing?" Ruby asks, a hand covering the side of her mouth as she whispered, as if to keep others from over hearing.

 

"Huh? Oh, I dismantled and inspected the androids. Quite advanced, actually.” She said, picking a glowing cylinder part up for Ruby to see. “The power source is quite rudimentary, and if they lose connection with the ship, they become scrap metal.” she said as Ruby watched with rapt attention, both ignoring the ongoing fight happening around the courtyard nor the tall man with a clean-shaven face approaching them.

 

“Other than that not bad cutting edge Atlas tech. I’m probably just barely ahead of them in robotics.” Kyra said with a wave of her hand, putting an entire arm back together and connecting it back to the torso. “Luckily, I actually have other power sources besides dust, so it wouldn't be too demanding to make androids like these." Kyra says to Ruby while Yang is cheering for Uncle Qrow, who is currently winning the fight Winter started.

 

"That sounds interesting little lady." General Ironwood says, looking over Kyra’s shoulder as she finishes putting a robot back together.

 

Suddenly, the fight stops, Winter’s blade inches away from Qrow’s throat as he just stands there with a smug look on his face.

 

"General Ironwood sir." Winter says, turning toward the general and finally registering the dismantled robots, her jaw opens, yet no word come out.

 

"So you're the one that was talking with the Doctor, you realize you didn't need to breach our system to do that right?" General Ironwood says, a strained smile on his face as a brow twitches at the reminder.

 

"Sorry, it's just that my tech, if weaponized, can topple countries and potentially destroy the

world. I don't want to risk giving it to a militarized nation that can be hacked by a 15-year-old." Kyra says with a smile, as she looks up to the general, who gave a curt nod to her.

 

"So, you are Stark, Ozpin has been telling me about you." He says with an appraising eye, "Schnee, what do you think you’re doing fighting right now?” He says as he turns to Winter.

“He started the altercation, Sir.” She spoke clear and concisely, Ironwood turned to Qrow who started to catch-up with his nieces, he just gave a shrug while pulling his flask out.

“Actually, that's not true. She attacked First.” Qrow took a swig once he said his piece.

 

“Is that right?” He raised a brow at the speechless Winter, who just hung her head in embracement, getting nothing but that from the girl, he gave a sigh.


“If it wasn't for the fact I need you to lead the strike tonight on the White Fang, I would have you sent back to Atlas." Ironwood says, not pleased, that she got in a fight out in the open. With a citizen of another kingdom during remnant’s supposed to be a time of peace at that to boot.

 

"Let's go, Ozpin is expecting us." Ironwood says, nodding towards Qrow, and Kyra. Winter, quickly falling in step behind the towering 6’6” man with Qrow in tow.

 

"See you guys in the Library." Kyra says, finishing a screw in the place before flickering off to join the trio that just left.

 

"Wait, since she is not playing, I might be able to finally win at risk!" Yang shouts excitedly with a fist pump in the air.

 

"Penny should go with them." Kyra says, looking back at her team as they walked away.

 

Ironwood looked at Penny, then at the team, after a moment of deliberation he nodded.

 

"Sure." Ironwood says before they head to Ozpin's office

48