Ch 33:Organizing a Field Trip.
844 0 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The elevator reaches its destination floor with a soft, melodic ding, a sound that echoes through the confined space, signaling the end of its ascent. The doors slide open smoothly, revealing Kyra standing there holding her midnight blue scythe which glimmered in a dangerous light. As Kyra steps out of the elevator into the computer room, a scene was rather grim as Ruby was leaning against the wall. While the normal security guards who were usually guarding the room layed on the ground either knocked out or dead. 

 

"Did you get a good look?" Kyra asked one of the guards.

 

"She looked like the woman that was on the Ship we took down when we went

after Roman back at From Dust till Dawn. " Ruby said with some concern.

 

"So black hair, Amber eyes and Fire dust in her clothes?" Kyra asks As the other elevator opens up behind her and more security steps out Ozpin behind them.

 

"So? Did you get a good look?" Ozpin asks, leaning on his cane.

 

"Kinda?" Ruby said with some hesitance.

 

"Oh? how about you Kyra?" Ozpin asked, turning the question over.

 

"She was gone before I got up here." Kyra says knowing that Cinder needed to get away… For now.

 

"Kinda used my semblance and traveled up the wall." Ruby says lightheartedly.

 

"Yeah! That was surprising." Kyra says

 

=============================

"They were here... Ozpin they were here!" Ironwood shouted in alarm.

 

"It can't be that bad right?" Qrow asked getting looks of horror from Ironwood and Ozpin.

 

The elevator door opens up.

 

"Sorry it took so long someone pushed all the buttons on the way up." Ruby explained innocently, before whistling.

 

"Before anything else. Amber, you should have Qrow take you to Patch." Kyra all but ordered the woman.

 

"I know I was going to ask to leave... she's here for me." Amber said scared.

 

"Who's here?" Ironwood asked with trepidation.

 

"Of course the attacker who stole half her power. " Kyra said as if talking about the weather.

 

"Last night?" Ironwood asked lightly, glaring at Qrow.

 

"Probably her." Ozpin exclaimed while taking a sip of the divine tar.

 

"Ruby, could you give your description?" Glynda asks 

 

"Black hair, Amber eyes, she wore a mask I didn't see much else. Also her attacks were fire, but

the amount of dust she had weaved into her clothes shouldn't have been

enough for the power of the attack she used." Ruby says 

 

"So it was the same person." Ironwood spoke with conviction.

 

"Meaning Amber needs to leave to prevent her from growing stronger." Kyra mentioned with as calm a manner as she can manage.

 

"Got it, we will leave for Patch tonight." Qrow said with a nod.

 

"If only we knew what the White Fang was doing." Ironwood moaned out in frustration.

 

"Hey Ozpin, isn't there going to be a field training mission in ruins in the south east of Vale. For a team of students and a professor?" Kyra asks, winking at him.

.

"Wha- Yes, Yes there is? Why may you be asking." Ozpin says Kyra nudges Ruby.

 

"Oh! Can we sign up for that some members of our team are going stirr crazy from doing nothing but classes." Ruby says picking up on what Kyra was doing.

 

"Sure, I will have the details sent to your Scroll later." Ozpin says While Glynda is thinking and doesn't remember any field training exercises coming up. There were missions for first year students however the southeast was deemed too dangerous for students doing search and destroy. 

 

"I don't believe I rem-" Glynda started, only to be interrupted.

 

"It was an Observation mission with Professor Oobleck." Kyra mentioned getting a nod from Glenda as she had remembered the paperwork being processed for that outing.

 

"Alright thank you Ruby, Kyra." Ozpin thanked with a genuine smile.

 

"Yes, thank you girls." Ironwood says

 

"It was our pleasure to 'help when given the opportunity' General Ironwood." Kyra says

 

 "Yes we appreciate the help girls. Have a good night." Amber says 

 

"Stay out of trouble alright." Qrow says to both of them. 

 

Kyra and Ruby get into the elevator. "Well done." Kyra said. with a smile. 

 

"I can't believe you managed to get us a mission in the area where White Fang's base is." Ruby says excitedly.

 

"Well when Jarvis said a Professor had a form submitted to observe the area I took a risk and decided to see if Ozpin could squeeze us in." Kyra said with a small grin.

 

'Jarvis thank you for covering for me.' Kyra thinks knowing Jarvis is going to cover for her.

 

=============

Back in the dorms

 

"That was risky." Weiss says

 

"Why didn't you invite me?" Yang asks

 

"I'm more surprised you used your semblance to basically fly." Blake says and Kyra smiles.

 

"Also dad sent us a package." Yang says

 

"Really?" Kyra asks

 

"What is it?" Ruby also asks

 

"Don't know, I haven't opened it yet." Yang says, picking up a sealed cardboard tube.

 

"Why are my instincts telling me that shouldn't be opened?" Blake says

 

Suddenly a cylinder of fur falls out of it.

 

'Right anime world.' Kyra thinks.

 

Suddenly it poofs into a dog.

 

"Zweii!" Kyra, Yang, and Ruby shout while Blake shouts in fear.

Kyra quickly picks up the dog, and Ruby hits the empty spot on the floor.

 

"Guys, good news!" Ruby says with a really big smile.

 

"What?" Blake says from on top of the dresser. Since we don't have bunk beds.

 

"We have got our first field exercise this weekend." Ruby says

 "No way! Awesome!" Yang shouts and throws both arms into the air.

 

Blake looks relieved and Weiss is smiling.

 

"It's going to be great! I'm going to punch a mammoth Grimm." Kyra says, throwing her right fist in the air. When everyone else suddenly looks worried remembering their combat class field training in the Forever Fall Forest.

 

"What?" Kyra asks not knowing what they are thinking.

35