Chapter 63 – “Spider Wizard”
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tim wanted to be a human again, he craved to be one as soon as possible! However, for the time being, he was an itsy-bitsy spider, and like most spiders, he was very vulnerable to all sorts of danger! Aside from that, he also had certain limitations now, power-wise. His arsenal of power had been severely weakened at the very moment when he turned into a spider!

The system started getting into detail about the matter, as best as she could. While Tim strode forward and across the sand, she unraveled a bundle of information, in a computersized manner.

She called for attention, [I respect your aspirations, Timothy, however, let us get back to reality for a while. Your current statistical, and or arsenal-oriented capabilities are the following…]

[Health Bar = 32/32]

[Hunger Bar =11/12]

[Sleep&Stamina Bar = 10/16]

[Mana Pool = 120/120]

“Well shit! Looks like I gotta go ninja-mode for a while, because at this rate, I can’t risk running into something as little as a cricket, it’s not safe! Gotta protect my fuzzy, blue, and manky ass.” He thought.

[You’re not that vulnerable,] The system followed along, and then she added. [This spider body has set a lot of limitations on you, yes, but a couple of abilities still work to your favor. For example, since you bought two bodily-durability upgrades before, your body, even now, is 240% more durable than the average spider of your species, and size. You’re a blue-dotted spider, yes, but a really durable one, you won’t die that easily.]

[Furthermore, your mana quality remains at level 2. You bear rustic mana, and that won’t change, even if you shapeshifted into an ant! With that considered, you can destroy plenty of insects, with these powers of yours! Though not all of them, you’ll fare well against at least half of any opposing insects.] She added.

Timothy felt a bit relieved after he heard that, but the statistics were still stressing him out. There was a bit of math involved, so he couldn’t help but express his frustration as a form of protest!

He said, “Things were already confusing with all the shapeshifting madness, system, now you’re telling me that I’m a tensile spider… I love being tough, but I really can’t understand the math here. Can a human flatten me with their foot, or not?”

[Likely, yes.] She answered, and then emphasized. [However, tiny lizards won’t be able to kill you, for example, as they don’t have enough of a bite-force to break through your cuticle (skin). Seagulls on the other hand, they could kill you, yes, but the density of your body could choke them if they tried to eat your remains.]

“I’d die peacefully, if I knew that I choked a stupid seagull.” He thought, and after that point, he didn’t bother asking any more questions.

Tim had looked at the rest of the statistics, and for the most part, he didn’t care what the other statistics had to show. He knew that he was a semi-dangerous spider, and he also felt comfortable that he could use the power-deflecting, extingus breath as well if he had to, even as a spider. That fact gave him quite a bit of comfort, so he ignored the rest of the statistics entirely.

Tim then continued to travel. He crawled for what felt like an eternity, and finally escaped the shorelines, or at least, he escaped the sand. Now, he had to make his way through whole patches of grass, and although that sounded like a task that was less daunting, the patch of grass’ size was virtually endless for a little guy like him! It was a new challenge, but as far as facts were concerned, it may take him a while to find a soul tampering cave, as the odds weren’t really working in his favor.

It may take him a long time to find such a cave, however, he was bound to find a bunch of other, less decent things along the way, like other insects, for example. It was inevitable, so that was exactly what he ran into, about twenty minutes after he pierced the grassy fields!

The grass was pretty tall too, tall for him, at least. The grass was two-to-three feet tall, and it was very maze-like. It had many twists and turns, and such a layout proved to be quite dangerous!

Tim was consistently blind sided by all the grassy turns, and then suddenly, he was pounced on by a very dangerous ant. The attack scared him to the core, because he couldn’t have predicted it whatsoever! He took a moment to respond.

“Ouch!” He yelped, and used his eight spidery legs to leap out of danger.

[Health, -2 points.] The system then announced.

“Oh great! I got bit by that headass, ugly, bastarding ant!” He cursed afterwards.

Tim then noticed that the opposing ant had bit him a bit above the shoulderline, which was really painful to deal with, however, he was thankfully still in one piece. The ant didn’t even manage to break through his skin, as Tim’s bodily durability was strong enough to resist an ant’s bite.

However, that didn’t mean that he was out of danger entirely. Even though he survived a single bite, his sudden opponent was still pretty dangerous. Tim had to face a massive, two-inch long, and very agile, red-bellied ant!

Tim wasn’t an expert, but he guessed that any creature that had a red belly was incredibly dangerous! The situation got even more intense, when another handful of these ants suddenly appeared from every side. Now, Tim had to be quick enough to avoid several monstrous ants, whose nature was to tirelessly chase, and tear their prey apart! It was no picnic.

“Bastards!” He cussed.

Afterwards, he was forced to depend on his powers. Tim summoned a fireball, and then shot it against the closest target he could find!

Thankfully, he managed to make a very accurate shot. As a stingray, he was used to summoning these fireballs from the tip of his tail, but this time around, he had to direct his powers through other means. The fireball didn’t shoot out of his rectum, thankfully no, but it generated on the tip of his front legs instead.

Then, Tim summoned a couple more fireballs, and set some of the grass ablaze as a result, after he unleashed them. He seemed like a crazy wizard for a second, however, instead of waving any human arms around, he was waving his slender, spidery arms around instead!

“Burn, you flappy footed motherfuckers!” He shouted, diabolically.

1