Chapter 70 – “Singing terrors!”
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back on earth, entities were considered evil. That was the perception which folklore typically encouraged, and as for what could be said about entities in this world, Timothy didn’t plan to spare anyone’s feelings. The entities that were following him, couldn’t be god loving, not a chance!

Tim didn’t pull his opinion about them out of his ass either, he had reasons to be scared of them. The several, tiny entities kept following him, for example, and they hummed this soft yet terrifying tone along the way, as if they were trying to put a curse on him. With that considered, he had plenty of reasons to be scared of them, and so he tried to crawl away from these entities as quickly as he could.

At some point though, the panic engulfed him thoroughly. All the running around wasn’t doing him any good, as he both got tired quickly, and he didn’t manage to escape the entities either. Furthermore, these tunnels seemed virtually endless, so in this case, there was no ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ that could save him! There was no point in the frantic running that he had been doing.

That was why he panicked, and exclaimed. “Quit following me you spooky bastards, I haven’t done anything bad to you!”

The entities weren't either responsive or cooperative with those words, however, so he had to reconsider his approach. Tim put that little spider brain of his into use, in search of a solid solution.

“I can't hide from them, no.” He pondered, “They can probably go through walls, like all ghosts can? Since there's no fucking hiding from them, I gotta fight them, then!”

Tim was in a state of panic, that was certain, but he had tried to reason with himself, even while in this state. Furthermore, he had tried to avoid any and all conflict with these entities, but it was obvious that he couldn't reason with them, regardless of the circumstances. His only option was to fight back, and since he had destroyed other entities before, he felt very confident with his abilities to ‘kill’ undead things. He had the arsenal to do so, and decided to rely on It!

Tim turned around right away, and after he faced the enemies, he then started blasting! He shot lightning bolts at the bundle of entities in front of him, because bolts were more precise overall, and a bit less destructive. He didn’t want to bring the tunnel down on his own head, after all, so bolts were more effective for the moment!

The bolts pierced through a couple of entities right away, their speed was explosive, while the targets themselves weren't agile whatsoever! The system was quick to announce the utter destruction of those entities afterwards.

[You successfully killed two singing terror entities.] She announced, [They're evil, obviously, so it's noble to destroy them. The tagalong reward for your deed is also decent, you won 30 system points.]

Thirty system points didn’t sound bad, especially since he only killed those tiny little entities, however, he wasn’t focused on the points right now. Seven more of those entities were still charging towards him, and since terror was in their name, he had to do everything in his power to keep them away, or, at least scare them away!

Tim continued chugging bolts of thunder at them, in the hopes of reigning victorious. It was expensive to fight them, mana-wise, but it’s not like he had any other choice other than to fight.

He continued shooting, and had to run away a couple of times as well, in order to not get overwhelmed by the entities. They hadn't hurt him yet, and he didn’t want to know what kind of attacks they could muster up either. Personal safety reigned above everything else, so he ran a lot.

Tim managed to destroy all of them eventually, he reigned victorious. He was relieved now as a result, yes, but he had spent a lot of mana and energy along the way, just to survive, it hadn't been fun. He barely won any points in exchange too, so he felt really annoyed.

The system was more enthusiastic, however, as she announced. [Congratulations, Timothy! You killed 7 more of those singing terror entities. The reward for each kill should be 15 points, but since you killed a bundle of them, the reward for your good deed, gets rounded up from the initial 105 points, to 120 points. The reward isn't so great still, especially once we consider how expensive any upcoming upgrades is, but it's better than getting nothing. In total, you've accumulated 2,813 system points.]

“Hmm… points are adding up, that's good. I would've earned a lot more if I killed a dolphin or some shit, but as you said, this is better than not getting anything.” He expressed.

Anyway, Tim escaped what could've been a dangerous situation back there, and that was what he cared about the most. He survived and had only spent about five mana points in exchange too, so the fight he put up was pretty economic! He was happy, but now that he had time to think more, he realized how insane it was to be chased by ghosts! It wasn’t normal back on earth, at least, things were less insane on earth.

“I sure as hell don't want to see any more ghosts and shit.” He heaved out in stress, “Fucking hell, I came here for a soul cave or whatever that shit's called, but instead I'm being harassed by ghosts after every turn I take… Gotta admit, that's kinda funny, but it's becoming a pain in the ass.”

In the spirit of those latter words, he then had to ask. “I don't want to fight any more ghosts, system, so tell me, can those singing terrorist motherfuckers revive themselves?”

[Singing terrors,] The system corrected, and then she said. [All entities have this gift to ‘revive’ themselves, one way or the other. Entities, ghosts, phantoms or anything else that's transparent, are just bundles of less-than conscious energy, and energy itself can't either be created or destroyed, even though you did destroy the ‘form’ that these singing terrors had assumed. If these singing terrors have what it takes to reassemble their own energy, then they may revive themselves.]

“So, I will get attacked again then, by the same motherfuckers?” He asked.

[Probably not. Energy takes a lot of effort for one to recollect and or reassemble. You don't have to worry about them, not unless there's something seriously wrong with your personal luck. Either way, it's best if you keep moving, don't hang around in the murder site for too long.] She added.

0