Chapter 3
86 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, not every day do we have to introduce a new member into this mad den that is our extended family.

I guess the ‘date’ in fact did turn out to be a girl whose common sense was more broken than mine, albeit I would have never guessed it would be in this way.

Right now, all of us in the house were just trying to get comfortable with the fact that our count had just increased by one with all that entailed with it, which is making sure she felt like she belonged here. We gave our oath to share her burdens after all.

Merry had made her goal of getting her to look as cute as possible and as soon as possible, and out of all of us, Lunamon seemed to actually enjoy the attention she was getting from her new outfitter. A very welcome change to the males in the house who struggled care as much for aesthetics that the two girls seemed very much liked to animatedly converse about. I do hope though that it’s because Lunamon actually likes what Merry discusses with her, and not because she seems utterly starved for affection.

Seriously, just how long had she been in alone trying to find me as she clearly finds it odd that she no longer has to go somewhere to hide from plain sight and stay in solitude!

I swear, we need to have a public outing at one point where the rest of us just have to act like we aren’t having an outing with three different distinct species.

Aurora on the other hand now reminded me of the days when Merry still required plenty more attention as he was back in his overprotective ways, following the little bunny around frequently and answering her odd questions as decisively as possible to not leave any misunderstandings in her mind. Truly the mother hen of the house.

It makes me remember the times how cute it was to watch the little Chikorita reprimand the eventually larger than him Merry in the past as he tried his best to raise her with the rest of us. How time flies.

In a way, he is likely the best out of all of us in just patiently listening to the little rabbit finally having a reliable someone to answer all the questions she had been having for so long that our brief online sessions simply wouldn’t have covered.

Honestly, it was somewhat scary just how much she resembled me from my earlier days, as she hides away a deep bitterness towards her life under that cute exterior persona of hers, a sense of clear learned helplessness as she struggled against what always seemed to just pull her back in, a life she felt she had no control over, and the sheer determination I saw in her eyes trying anything she can to get herself out of it no matter the cost.

So, I will do to her what I wished I had had back then.

I will give her the chance to grow, give her the chance to learn, and give her the chance to improve herself. All that with a clear roadmap that she doesn’t have even a shadow of a doubt to fear losing a path to her goal.

And most of all, I will give her a shoulder to rest upon when she just needs someone to tell her that she was improving, that her effort isn’t being wasted, that she was gradually earning what she wished, control over her life.

We could perhaps solve the original reason she left in the first place by ourselves, but that wouldn’t fix the source of the problem.

After all, she didn't ask us to help deal with her problem, she asked us to help HER deal with HER problem, and we would do exactly that for her. Because that is what she truly wants, to no longer be helpless to do anything, so we will make sure to give her the ability to do what she wants, as we gave our word to share her problems like they were ours.

… In a way, I guess this is repaying the kindness Uxie had given me by giving that kindness now to the next one now that I can help someone deal with a problem so similar to what mine used to be.

Well, now having the most urgent matter of our newest visitors’ motives dealt with, what does it leave us with?

Oh, right, the whole Digimon and the Digital world business, right.

Honestly, I considered reporting this immediately to the Swords of Justice, but I would prefer to first have some factual proof and experience that the place actually exists before I go mentioning it to my co-workers.

… It’s kind of sad that I fully believe most platinum and higher members would trust me without much proof considering just how insane some of the stuff we have to deal with is on a regular basis. Another world apparently living in cyberspace feels like bar for the course now.

There is also the possibility of talking about this to the legendaries. But, well… While I am acquainted with many of them, I can’t say I’m friends with that many of them, so I’m not exactly sure how they would react to this information.

Guess I’m just going mention the possibility to Uxie eventually and see what her opinion is on the matter.

And well, with Digimon and the digital world business being our next big problem to tackle now, I felt we needed yet another meeting to get us all on the same page about the whole thing from our now resident Digimon.

The meeting that I mentioned just now, is actually about to begin right now.

We were all currently setting ourselves comfy as we rested around the lounge area of the living room with a large sofa and a pre-prepared leather chair moved in to the room for our newest member and a table to the side filled with potted plants.

The greenery is the real benefit of living with two pure grass types, one being a very attentive one when it comes to housework courtesy of Aurora, making the overall house quite 'natural' by normal standards of living with plenty of potted plants basically everywhere in the house and even miniature palm tree off to the side in my room.

The three of us veterans in the house were currently on the sofa, with Merry taking my left wearing a cauliflower looking beanie on her right cactus flower on her head while Aurora laid down on my right as I sat down in the middle in a comfortable manner.

I focused on watching the newest resident Digimon standing on the leather chair as I waited for her to get ready.

She had a new pink ribbon around one of her smaller ears at the back of her head and looked much more upbeat than she did a few days ago as she prepared herself to give us a lecture on her home while holding a notebook and a pen in her hands, ready to begin explaining things to us in greater detail.

As I see most of us are ready to begin listening and our newest resident even looked somewhat excited to finally begin to share the details about her more thoroughly, I try to start things by lightening up the mood as I say, "Well, as we are all here now, so do feel to begin teaching us all that you believe should be important for us to know before we take the dive in to your world.

Because while I believe you don’t want us to solve your problems, it still falls within our jurisdiction to help people, and apparently, we are currently linked to one such place that very much needs our attention, so do start giving us a heads-up before we start doing it blind anyways.”

I proceed to give away my turn as I say, ”so please Lunamon, can you start by telling us just what exactly you are supposed to be, as I certainly have never heard of a 'Digimon' before."

She opens her notebook as she begins read out her mostly beforehand prepared answer after taking a deep breath, "So, to the best of my knowledge, Digimon, short for digital monster, are varied group of sapient creatures in a manner similar to the Pokémon I have seen in how their outlook can differ greatly, but the same sub-species look very similar, with a MAJOR distinction to Pokémon that we are beings made of computer data, usually living in a world we call the digital world. The way we also fight differs from Pokémon, as while we do not have 'Moves' we have in-coded special attacks we can call on command upon declaration."

She taps the pen onto the notebook before saying in a commanding tone or as commanding as that voice could do, "DO NOT ask me how anything about that works or how I'm even standing here. Sooo....". She stops a bit before saying, "I guess I'm like a flawless Porygon you have around here… maybe? Who is also not a Pokémon, so don't mix me up with that boring piece of polygons."

She looks at me, perhaps checking that she got the name of that certain digital Pokémon correct.

I answer the stare by saying," Well, yeah, the Porygon I know tend to not be as… animate as you, nor as expressive, they are some of the more unusual Pokémon around. Considering your reaction too, I assume you haven't seen any around your parts either despite them sometimes working with 'cyberspace' stuff."

Admittedly, they are also the reason why I don’t find her being a living being of data not that outrageous, considering we already had one already and I had seen them being not that different from any other Pokémon. They just had a few… eccentries about them, not to mention that they could be reprogrammed by highly specialized coders if they had the right tools to do it.

She quickly shakes her head as an answer and notes "The closest comparison I could think that looked like those polygonal duck Pokémon are the toy like Digimon, stuff like the Toy or Clearagumon line, which look like your children's building blocks built to look like Agumon, a Digimon resembling dinosaurs like Aurora that also breathe fire.”

Well, that is a good tidbit to know in terms of weirdness factors. Then again, sometimes our teapots just become living things, so I don't think I'm in the position to question that.

And as if she just remembered something as her head flicked a bit, she said, "Oh, we also come from eggs, just like Pokémon, a strange coincidence to be honest, considering we don't exactly have genders like you. and instead, just... sort of pop into existence?" She answered seemingly even herself being somewhat confused how her species even came to existence.

Well, that was a bombshell and a half, and uncomfortably, that explanation did remind me of a certain question she had once asked me that was one of strangest discussions I think I ever had in my life. I really thought she was just joking then like with many of her other odd questions and was just enjoying turning our conversation into somewhat fun play.

How else was I supposed interpret someone asking me 'what is a gender', the girls and boys, in any serious manner from a girl I met in a dating website!?

Right now, I was so, so glad, that I answered most of her questions as seriously as I could just because I enjoyed her cheerful messages and tone of getting proper answers from me, but there are a few times that I may need to correct myself now knowing, well, whatever this situation now was.

"Can you clarify just what you mean by popping into existence?" I ask, trying to distract myself from recalling the many previous conversations with her that I may now have to look at in a completely new light.

She answers the question, this time with much less of a certain tone to it, "Well, I don't exactly know much, just that when a Digimon… perishes, they become part of something that my caretakers called the Net Ocean, where that data eventually travels around a bit until it once more leaves the place and reaches a daycare center where it then reforms into a Digitama, an egg that eventually hatches into a Digimon without newly born Digimon remembering what they may have once been.”

“Or at least, that is how my caretakers explained it to me." She addded after a brief pause.

Huh, so reincarnation of sorts then, I guess that somewhat explains the genderless thing, but still, I probably should make sure even if it's an awkward question, so I ask, "So, knowing now that you are genderless, have I perhaps made you feel uncomfortable by using feminine pronouns with you just because of your feminine voice?"

Lunamon quickly answered back without much of a hiccup and quite comfortably as she nonchalantly answers while fiddling with her tiny fingers, "Ah, sure, it's perfectly fine. never really cared too much for that, but I guess I'm most used to being treated as a 'girl' anyways."

Aurora seemed to also have a question of his own as the sound of four vines typing rapidly on the keyboard of his tablet made me turn my head right as he presses the text to speech button, " So, from what I understand, Unlike Pokémon, you are not using Moves, but instead work with something else?"

Lunamon answers to the best of her knowledge, "Well, I don't think I'm the best to truly answer that, perhaps there is a way a Digimon could emulate a 'Move', but for the most part, every Digimon is born with a set number of built in attack commands, that we can upon on demand."

Aurora digests the answer for a bit before beginning to type again and asking, "Could you perhaps show us an example of one of those built in moves of yours, if it isn't too demanding or destructive that is?"

The large eared Digimon took her time thinking something quite animatedly as her ears moved around until answering, "Perhaps? is there a place you wouldn't mind getting wet?" she answers as her head tilts bit while having one arm under her chin.

"Is the shower box good enough?" I suggested to her as the only reasonable enough place in the house to test something with such a condition.

"Hmm…. I think the shower box is large enough yes," She says after pondering the possible damage she might cause before asking me, " Would you lead the way?"

And as politely asked by our lunar lecturer, I lead the way to the testing grounds as the whole house follows me through a small corridor with a few more houseplants sitting on the ground to the side to a small bathroom with a cheap shower box inside it with more than a few houseplants sitting around the shelves and cabinets of the room.

Hey, you may think the plants may be a bit overkill now, but that is the benefit of living with multiple pure grass types. It certainly makes keeping greenery way easier in the house and makes the housemates more comfortable, so I'm milking it for all it's worth, makes the air inside sometimes feel fresher than the outside.

"Just to make sure, this isn't actually going to destroy the bathroom, right?" I check from her, considering we are talking about a supposed 'attack' here.

She reassures as she answers, "Yeah, I can hold this one back enough that it won't actually damage anything."

"Stand back a bit" The Lunar Buneary says as we take note with me and Merry watching from inside the bathroom while Aurora watches the event from just outside the room between us.

Lunamon checks that we are ready and begins to move her two large ears towards the shower box as aforementioned ears begin glowing from the top and yells,

"Lop-ear ripple!"

Was that an echo I just heard? It certainly sounded like one as she spoke out before the attack supposedly began.

I watch as the two ears of hers shoot out from their tips what I would best describe as a stream of liquid soap in a manner like that of a water stream of the Move Water gun, but the bubbles also gave it some semblance to the Move Bubblebeam that somehow got mixed with thick soap.

The floor of the shower box quickly fills up before Lunamon stops the 'attack.'

Right as I am about to say something, I see Merry already walking towards the unique substance before I even manage to say out a word of caution or ask any questions from the source as the Maractus proceeds to play with oddly jellylike soapy substance around her arms, seemingly completely unharmed despite the thing being a supposed 'attack'.

"Merry, you do know that may have actually been dangerous right?" I say to her and almost facepalm at that act of recklessness of hers."

The guiltless cactus gives me a shrug as an answer while not even turning to face me before going back to experimenting with the weird liquid.

"It IS safe, right Lunamon?" I ask and demand an accurate answer from the actual source of the substance. who very convincingly answers my question with "Well, I did say it could be used for cleaning, so yes, very safe." reassuring me that her supposed 'attack' was truly safe to mess with

Aurora and I thus also proceed to check on the soap like bubbled liquid with that confirmation of safety.

Hmm, definitely has defensive potential with this weight, not to mention if the number of bubbles could be increased, could make for a solid distraction and a way to nullify attacks.

Also, it does in fact very seem like soaped water, as my hands certainly do feel a bit cleaner at least without discomfort.

Aurora, being the first to get bored with the new toy, proceeds to hold the keyboard steady with a larger vine while typing with three others as he asks with the press of the familiar button, " Was the cry earlier something necessary for the move to work? Can you perform the 'attack' without it? "

Aurora, being always on point with the questions, asks what I was also about to ask but was too busy playing with bubbles like the proper adult I am.

Lunamon honestly looked like Aurora had said something absolutely sacrilegious to her, but something must have popped up in that head of hers as the expression quickly turned into a contemplative one.

"It's... possible. but it greatly diminishes the power and the precision of the attack, as I would basically be skipping the command line by doing that, thus losing a lot of the imprinted automation in me that aids in performing the attack. It requires a lot of training to make it even close to the command-line version, so most Digimon do not bother."

Huh, interesting, so the earlier yell did have a purpose then, and wasn't just another one of her quirks then. I might just have to order a few voice-based Move denying Silence orbs from the Swords of Justice and test how they interact with the 'attacks' as that may just become a strong trump card if it does work as I hope it does if yelling out those commands is as common of a thing as I expect to be with Digimon.

I'm certainly glad we aren't dealing with another Azelf here. I don't need a member in my team yelling our intents out just because they think it's cool.

"Any more attacks you could show off? according to what I saw in the DigiDex, you had three other moves as well." I asked her to sate my curiosity.

"Umm… probably not a good idea, as the other ones may just break something" The Lunamon answers with some hesitance, likely wondering the possible damage she may cause otherwise.

Fair enough" I answer as I wave my hand around a bit in dismissive manner, feeling we should be moving on to other topics anyways.

Feeling curious about a certain aspect while I watch Merry have way too much fun with the gradually dispersing bubbles, I ask our resident Digimon, "When you said you are like Pokémon in the way you resemble each other, does it mean there are others that look very much like you, and if so, does it also include everyone calling each with their' species' name as in, is every 'Lunamon is called 'Lunamon?

She … floats (!?) from the ground in a way resembling that of the ghost Pokémon Misdreavus as if hovering in the air before landing onto my shoulder as she answers my question, turning her head to face towards my own while feeling surprisingly light for her size as she sat down to answer my question, "Yes, that is actually how we usually do things, some do take a name like you humans do, but it's not that common from what I know."

"Thank you for the very complete answer," I give her an honest thanks for the showcase before about the obvious oddity I just witnessed," by the way, did I just see you flying?"

She answers back in a way as if it was nothing special to mention before, "Well, yes, but it's sort of exhausting, so I can't really go a large distance without needing a break nor do I like to do it without a good reason, so I tend to prefer walking over flying in most cases."

"SO, please," She says as she gives me an innocent smile, totally not hiding her intentions as she proceeds to say, "do carry me out of this when we leave this room, you wouldn't want to make me tired for flying again, right?"

We hang out a little longer in the bathroom discussing various things and generally just hanging out as friends as we wait for even Merry to have enough playing with the bubbles, even if she certainly looked like she would ask our new soap generator to toy with later as we walked back to the place to lay down again and continue the discussions.

Aurora and Merry respectively took the left and right side of the sofa again while Lunamon was still sitting on my shoulder and was showing no signs of leaving, so we moved on to the next question to cover.

I pick out the odd blue PokéDex like device from my pocket show it towards the still riding on my shoulder Digimon, "Can you next explain what you know about the DigiDex to the best of your knowledge?" I asked our resident expert on the subject.

She was about to answer but then she remembered that her notebook and pen was still on the leather chair in front of us, so she proceeds to stare at me as if to ask for something.

Yeah, it wasn’t hard to guess what she wanted me to do, “Fine, I’ll go pick them up for you.”

The lunar rabbit, now committed to finishing this meeting sitting on my shoulder, proceeds to teach us on the next relevant topic, "The 'DigiDex', is in simple terms, a technical slash mystical marvel that according to the legends and fables, enables the partner Digimon to reach heights they wouldn't be able to reach alone thanks to their partner, possibly even reaching or perhaps even eclipsing the deities of old in power."

She continues after a short pause as if thinking how to best tell the next part, "So, this device being mystical and all, connects a Digimon and their recipient to each other, creating a very special bond that can be hard to describe to an outsider, but know that I am ready to protect that bond with my all right now, and hope you do so as well, partner" she kindly smiles at the me as she finishes her explanation.

Well, that helped me understand that whatever this blue brick is a bit better and little bit more about the bond that was still very much still a mystery to me.

So far, it has been nothing but a pleasant and unintrusive experience with Lunamon clearly not minding it, but I would very much like hear an opinion on the matter just for the sake of my mental sanity.

I may have to contact the three friends I have as there is basically no one else as knowledgeable than them when it comes to dealing with the mind, but it's more than likely one of them comes to visit here before I even get the chance to try contacting them.

Still, things to put on the Todo list for now unless things about it change even a little bit.

"So how exactly am I supposed to help you reach 'new heights' with this thing, because so far, I have found nothing in this device that it does anything but scan things for me." I ask her as I stare the small interface on the device with nothing but the standard Pokedex scanning function in it.

To my surprise, she looked stumped at the question, looking a bit uncomfortable around a bit until finally answering silently," I…. don't know?"

I looked at in disbelief before I parsed out, "You… don't know how it works, the device that you yourself deemed so important to somehow make you stronger that you went on a month’s long journey, leaving your home in order to find me and to get stronger, and you don't even know how it does it?"

"Yes…. It's just supposed to do that, somehow, the stories don't give many details about", she reluctantly answers before explaining that she knew of the detail, The stories only cite that it uses the bond for the Digimon to somehow reach greater heights in times of crisis with their partner, but not much details on how exactly all that is supposed to work," before finally saying "sorry" to me for her lack knowledge on an understandably important subject.

 

Okay, yeah, guess she really was that desperate then. 

 

Just how bad was it really out there for her to get so distressed that she felt that leaving her home for what could essentially be considered a blind hunt to chase a legend was the only reasonable option considering she doesn't seem like foolhardy or the heroic type to me.

She continues her planned explanation as she mentions the next bombshell that is another function of the device I was holding, "According to the stories, to travel into the digital world, you must point the DigiDex towards any device connected to the information network and use the scan function of the device. The device should light after a little while and begin transferring you to the other side."

My trusty Bayleef was now giving an open mouth of disbelief while Merry looked absolutely fascinated by this discovery.

"… Are you serious? actually serious? Is it really that simple? Just point at an electronical device with an active internet and it just sends you into what I would best describe from what you’ve told me would be another region in the world or a full-on different dimension?"

An innocent sounding answer of "Yes?" was her answer to my question while she tilts her head to the side.

Ok, fine, more mystery stuff that makes no sense. Machine, internet, device, boom, new world. understood, move on. That is at least one more actual practical use for the mythical brick if scanning any device connected to a global communication network is enough for it to work. That is still less confusing than understanding the automaton legendary squad that is the Regis conversing with each other.

I guess it's named the Digital World for a good reason then if it truly is connected to cyberspace. It Probably would really help if we had a Porygon or the electronic possessing ghost Pokémon Rotom to give us a better idea of all of this, but last time I heard from rest of the world and our resident Digimon, Porygon aren't exactly visiting entire worlds with literal new sapient species in them.

She lastly adds after taking a breather, "And also, there tends to only be a limited number of DigiDexes around as no one knows how or where they came from, but when a DigiDex appears to one of us, It tells us that somewhere, there is someone that would help you reach your full potential and gain a precious friend to help solve a crisis in our world."

"… And how does the hero and chosen one stuff fit in all this considering you were so focused on it?" I asked her, noticing the clear missing and important detail of the previous explanation now that she mentioned the crisis dealing aspect.

She quickly answers my questions that sounds awfully familiar to us she explains, "Well, DigiDex only tend to appear to Digimon when our world is about to face a peril, so when they do appear, it tends to mean something bad is about to happen, so we must find our destined partner so we can solve it like heroes!" and finishes the explanation with a clear cheer to her voice.

A look of horror seemed to dawn on Aurora who as always is on the same wavelength at me when it comes to realizing and understanding things when it comes to us.

I decide to finally vocalize the realization and interpretation to our lecturer," So, in summary, when your world is at peril, they need someone else to clean up their mess, dubbing those cleaners as 'chosen ones'.  

…Which I guess now makes me 'double chosen', 'Digi one' or even perhaps, ' Digidestined the chosen one' or whatever you or your legends want to call it."

I turn to the dinosaur to my right to finally finish my conclusion, "So yes Aurora, congrats on figuring it out early, do you want a cookie from the now digital destined the chosen one?"

The facepalm my starter was boasting now with a whopping five vine whips over his face as aggrieved sound of 'bay.... 'Echoed in the room told me everything I needed as an answer.

I decided to summarize this to all of us here and for those who may eventually watch this as the green dinosaur was having his moment, "So, mystery device, somehow very important and yet seemingly mostly useless outside of scanning like a regular PokéDex.

And yet, it also gives off an odd otherworldly feel and is apparently also a sort of key to enter the other world that is somehow related to computers.”

I raise my voice a bit to give out a clear message to that special someone who is likely going to be listening in one day, "SO, you heard the girl, no touching this thing without a very good reason, not opening it up, not throwing in the bathtub, no whatever prank you may have in your heads, YES, I'm talking to you Uxie, this is too valuable for such games, and breaking it will make Lunamon and me cry very much, and no one wants to make Lunamon cry, not even if it gives you ancient rascals a chance to anger me again, so please for the love of everything, stop your sisters from touching this thing!”

Lunamon was certainly looking both distressed and understandably a bit confused now as the rest of us shared a sigh to that charade of warnings I just made.

Noticing the curious and concerned look of our newest member in the house and realize why that is, I exclaim, "Ah, right," as I slam my right fist into my left palm before continuing, "You are new to this house after all, so guess I should explain and warn you bit about the insanity you should come to expect if you intend live with us now, which includes our most common odd visitors."

"So, our house tends to be commonly visited by three certain goddesses that we befriended and became friends with a good while ago, those being the goddess of willpower Azelf, the goddess of emotions Mesprit, and the goddess of knowledge Uxie."

"Aurora, can you show our newest resident of some images of our common visitors?" I ask him as he promptly shows our lunar rabbit three images from his tablet, depicting three of the goddesses with a similar physique of a small grey humanoid with two tails and yellow eyess with their main difference being the shape of their heads and the fact that Uxie kept her eyes closed at all times.

The main distinct points between the three were that Azelf had a soft triangular blue head, Mesprit had a purplish pink head with three appendages flowing like hair out of hers, and Uxie having a helmet like yellow head with grooves in it.

"So, why am I warning you about our friends specifically you ask? Well, they have a tendency to pull pranks around this household when they come to visit.”

I begin to list some of the more situations as our lunar rabbit looked like she was still processing the god part as I say, “These pranks include things like spying on your memories and placing harmless things in there like inserting reactions and emotes to your past happenings that eventually fade over time, making you laugh and cry of sadness at the weirdest of things while doing both at the same time, or making you feel like you both won the lottery and lost your ticket to that  winning lottery for the stupidest of things you can imagine."

Please Uxie, at least use the Bolthund dog emotes more, I'm already sick of dancing Litten cat emotes swinging around various parts of my mind. At least make the changes look more unique and interesting, like adding a glitter effect in Lunamon's eyes' whose currently baffled eyes looked at me like I was going crazy until she seemed to have figured I was actually being serious about everything as no one else seems give an objection to what I just said as her speechless stare looked at me.

I focus on our newest still speechless guest with a strong tone in hopes she will remember my advice in the future, "So, if you start seeing rascals little larger than you floating around with some red gems stuck in their body, don't panic if you start feeling all hyped up or start laughing at the weirdest of things, you might just be having a case of a lake trio prank, so don't worry too much.

While they are all technically terrifying if you start thinking deeply about it, they are still our friends who I trust. So just ask them to stop if you believe they are going too far with you."

I shrug as I give my last and probably less valuable advice," Or just give them your best punch and yell at them and be on your way after bantering with them a bit, that tends to work too."

Lunamon stares at me silently for a fairly decent time as her mind gradually processes and makes the conclusions on what she just heard, until eventually she blurts out a question in an agitated voice that with a mix of awe and fear and disbelief it in, "You…. you have living, breathing megas here in this world!? and those deities actually visit this house!?"

Oh, oh no. noooo…

"Just tell me what megas are and just gets this over with…" I ask, already resigned what was about to come.

She looks still a bit unsettled at my tone but answers the question relatively quick, "Megas are a level for Digimon that is considered the stuff of legends encompass the deities in our world. No one has ever seen or heard of one in a long time, and many are worshipped in our culture for a reason or another, either by what they can theoretically do, or what they have done in the past."

So, in short, legendaries. Great, just great, no world is free of that madness, who cares if no one has seen one, they might be just hiding, or playing a stupid game of hide and seek lasting centuries. You can never know what goes on in their heads.

"Then the answer is yes then. We have 'megas' here. And yes, we are in fact being visited by some of those 'megas' every now and then" I confirm to the rabbit who very much didn't seem to like my answer and proceeds to hide behind ears to silently mutter something in the lines of 'not being ready for this'.

"And you are certain there are no 'megas' out there, not even one?" I ask as my desperation sinks a bit into my voice as my mind stops pondering the insanity of some of my previous missions dealing with such beings.

The answer I got was an incredulous expression as she pondered whatever was in her head before being increasingly uncertain considering the most recent revelation she just heard as she says, "Umm, no? I have never seen a mega, nor even heard of a living one, with ultimate's being the strongest existence around that I know that currently exist. the only reason I even know what I believe you mean by mega are from folktales and legends… so I very much hope not…"

She tries to ask me some advice as she silently adds,".... Should I..... prepare an offering before one of those supposed visitors comes to the house?" but she seemingly got lost in her own thoughts as she stopped waiting for an answer as she muttered to herself silently, "What would megas dealing with the mind even want though...."

I almost decide to give her a suggestion, but quickly realize that it likely wouldn't make much of a difference if they had already decided to prank you, so I left her on her own devices as I couldn't think what I could really say to someone who now just realized that a deity may just be directly in front of them soon as someone who had that experience perhaps a way too often now.

Haaah…. at least these ‘megas’ aren't openly doing stuff from the sounds of it, so we just have to be careful and not poke the wrong nest at the wrong time….

…. Yeah…. going to have to figure and plan out an escape plan out of digital world ASAP if that does happen….

Frick, if there are genuinely angry legendaries out there ready to get me, I swear if that really is the case, I'm going to hijack the Mossdeep space station and get the heck out of this Arceus doom filled world before someone decides to try blow me up again along with the rest of us regardless of the world its now coming from.

Actually, that may not work either, we already have some infecting the moon already, so they must have already spread elsewhere as well. and no, I don't want to hear another game of Caverns and dragonites going wrong on the moon, requiring a third party to consulate a compromise if something should get rerolled before someone decides to 'smite' someone, creating another hole on the poor lunar comet.

At least I'm not one doing the patching up, benefits of not having ground or rock types for clean-up duty on the team.

Now that I think of it, didn't the DigiDex mention that Lunamon are made of moon observation data, perhaps that also includes all the CND stories that happened up there, questions, questions.

"Out of curiosity, does the name 'Lunala' or 'Cresselia' ring any bells to you Lunamon?" I asked her, trying to gain an actual answer to the odd thought I just got in my head.

She snaps out of her thoughts from my voice and if she reacting to those names before she begins to ponder for a bit, seemingly actually knowing something about the subject before saying, "The names do ring a bell, albeit I don't really understand why, something about 'Solga the mighty paladin of the sun'?"

…. Yes, yes it does include the CND stories, which means the digital world is already poisoned by their madness. Oh Arceus, there are living beings literally being born and made from that madness!

"You just mentioned 'megas' and 'ultimates' and I remember The DigiDex mentioning you being a rookie Digimon. are there more of these classifications and can you specify just what exactly do they mean?" asks Aurora with his message as I am dealing with the newest revelation still smiting my mind.

The currently mentor on this subject considers his question as she begins to flip her notebook until finally landing on the spot she seemed to be looking for as she begins answering right after she takes a deep breath, "Well, for us Digimon, we categorize ourselves into different stages in terms of our form's strength, albeit enough training can let you surpass your stage, but most the time the higher stage of Digimon will win against a lower stage one."

"The first two are baby and in- training, you can consider those the about as strong as a kid here, most are pretty cute and innocent to be honest."

"The next stage, Rookie, is what I am, the third and first more longer lasting stage where many stay for their whole existence."

Feeling I should ask this as this had now become relevant "… out of curiosity then, just how old are you?"

"Ummm, some time? we Digimon aren't as interested as you humans are about keeping the track on time that accurately."

So she might actually be a brat then, figures my date would manage to somehow be weirder than even the worst-case prediction and somehow get me a perhaps brat that is also not human, but considering her overall countenance, I Think Pokémon years in terms of mental maturity are likely more accurate for Digimon even if she could be on the younger side.

The little lunar rabbit continues her explanation saying, "The next stage after rookie is Champion, the second most common type you can see. Most of them are fairly large, and most are definitely capable of taking multiple of me's without even trying."  She looked a bit saddened as she gave that last detail.

"Hmm, so something like Tyranitar in terms of scale? or are we talking about bigger here?" I asked her to get a picture in terms of the scale we were talking about here.

"Ah, I recognize that name." she softly exclaims before comparing the aforementioned large bipedal reptile with the Champions in her head, "Yes. many Champions would be quite close to that size and power, but some can be way smaller and still be stronger, or perhaps even larger than the 'Tyranitar' you speak of."

Ok, nothing we haven't dealt with before then. So far so good.

She continues while swapping the ear she fiddles with, "The stage after that is much, much rarer, eclipsing the Champions in power, The Ultimates. Compared to champions, you would need multiple champions to take down an ultimate in most cases, and if my poor village ever catches sight of one, we are evacuating without a question, as there won't be a village soon anymore." she finishes as she shivers at that last bit of information.

That…. could be an issue but still doable if we went all out. Would definitely need to get Mephis back on the team immediately if we ever intend to deal with something like that. She is absolutely going to love hearing this knowing her, and honestly, I'm glad to have a proper reason for her to come back to us, the brief peaceful life just didn't seem to fit her.

… I Probably need to have to bring the trump card as well just to make sure. I Just wish It didn't have such a large drawback, but I don't think I can risk our lives by something as petty as my own discomfort.

I began to ask the most relevant topic now that the actual threat was being evaluated, "So, now that I have a decent idea on just what kind of power we are possibly going to face there, can you please tell us everything that you know about your world and whatever the looming threat might possibly have made the Digidex appear?"

I continue as I show my expertise on the matter by giving her some examples, "Is it perhaps an Evil idiot looking to take over the world? “

“Or is it a god of whatever having a tantrum again over the most childish of reasons?"

“Or perhaps something broke again and is now causing imbalance in the world, causing everything to go haywire.”

“Or maybe even an overconfident kid looking to take over the world and somehow succeed at it?”

“OR perhaps and maybe the worst thing, having to babysit some idiots who if unchecked have a fight at a location totally too important to our ecosystem to be used as an earthshattering battlefield for the most petulant of reasons, EVERY. SINGLE. DAY?"

She looked more than overwhelmed as she was parsing up my rant, before deciding to answer me in a tone that oozed with uncertainty, "… No, I don't think it's none of those?"

"Then, what is your guess then?" I asked her, hoping for some concrete information on just what we are going to be dealing with.

She thinks for a bit how to best deal with a question before deciding," …Well, let me first try to explain my home and then try to explain my suspicions."

She takes a deep breath before beginning her explanation. "So, my home, The Digital world, the place where I come from, is also what some seemed to call the Tojoh zone. It is split into 8 different zones guarded by the eight warlords. The distinct zones have stayed mostly isolated from one other as the relations between the zones aren't exactly harmonious as fights between the different lords happen quite frequently."

She tilts her head a bit as if thinking how to best go through the next bit before saying, "The best way I would compare to how it looks from yours? Well, I guess your home is similar to mine, but looks less saturated than ours, the sky certainly looks less blue here, same for the grass. oh, and no random bits of garbage data flying around I guess."

Well certainly sounds close enough to ours, at least it's not another Reverse World case of weirdness where the laws of physics just decided to give up and let people just walk however and where-ever they wished.

She continues telling me an interesting detail that hopefully won't be an issue to us, "Every so often in our world as you travel around, especially around dark caves and tall foliage, you come across Encounter ghosts, that my caretakers explained as something formed out of garbage data that resembles us Digimon but look illusionary and only have basic level of intelligence that is mostly focused on combat. Also, they tend to be fairly weak, so most of us more experienced just use them as target practice, but it does tend to force us to move in groups just to be safe."

Her expression takes a more somber look as before continues saying,” I live in Route 40, A very sandy and large beach range If had to explain my home to you quick, plenty of fish, so starvation is never an issue, but unfortunately, it's not exactly the a place you can hide a fishing community well, so unfortunately for us…."

she drags out a bit as her voice takes a more bitter tone as she continues, "Plenty of raiders come that are stronger and try to steal whatever we have. “Or worse and just…. play with us, ….at the expense of us…." she pauses after trying her best to sugarcoat the horrible memories that we all can at least somewhat sympathize with here.

She hits her cheeks a bit as if to get her situation together again as she continues her explanation, "The governing lord who is supposed to guard the area is the Warlord Mercurymon of the Chrysolite city, The city of steel. Its A beautiful city all things considered, if a bit too shiny and metallic for my tastes with plenty of robotic Digimon around.

As to what I know about Mercurymon, He is a Bipedal metallic green Digimon who wields two shields that reflect attacks back at his opponent. He was willing to give us his protection for a while, but at some point, we just stopped hearing from him and the raids on us only kept increasing and getting worse, making our lives increasingly harder before I left to find you."

"Route 40? that is an interesting name for place, is that normal? And what tier is this Mercurymon with the earlier classification? Is it Ultimate?" I asked her, wanting to confirm the power of the first influential enough name given to me and checking if the naming scheme for her home is considered normal there.

"Yes, every non-major location is numerically named in our world, starting from one. Honestly, it took me time to get used time to get used to that every single place had a non-numeric name here, I horribly inefficient if I do say so. and to your other question, Mercurymon is a champion, a very strong one at that. I haven't heard of a Warlord that wasn't one, albeit I don't know much about the other zones that much so I can't really be certain, sorry." She answers, somewhat apologetic for her lack of information.

"… Anything else?" I check, wanting to pump out as much information from her as I can.

"…No, not really. As I said, I have lived my life so far in route 40, only visiting Chrysolite city a few times which was where I studied about the DigiDex before coming into this world.” She answers me after failing to think of anything else of clear relevancy.

"So, in summary, the only oddity you got is that the Warlord in your territory had been somewhat absent recently and the increased raids towards your home.”

"… Yes… sorry for not being of more use." She looked apologetic for lack of understanding the larger picture of her world that well.

Ok… could be worse I guess, at least the signs aren't so stupidly obvious world ending stuff then.

"Well, do you have anything you worship, any gods or creators that people adore and pay respects to, you know what I'm talking about here right?" I ask her, considering this might very well be relevant with our luck.

"Admittedly, I never really focused too much on those details," she admits her lack of understanding on the matter before saying," But our village did pay respects to Neptunmon before going on a fishing trip."

"Oh!" She suddenly exclaims as if remembering something before saying what, "Phoenixmon and Saberleomon are said to be guardians who protect our lands, as there is a place to pay respects to each in Chrysolite City." She answers me once again, trying her best to remember any details that might be relevant to the question.

Well, those names are immediately going into my 'do not piss these ones off' list.  

Knowing my luck, I better burn those names to memory, so I don't accidentally anger off the wrong being by accident by randomly passing one of them and not knowing just how important they actually are before pissing the wrong thing off, Because that is just how little I trust my sanity when it comes to these things….

Summarizing my current conclusions as I realize our resident Digimon has no more details she wishes to add, I say, " So, With the problems there apparently not being as bad as I had feared and even somewhat reasonable in perspective for us to handle, we might not be looking at an absolute impossible situation out there, but Ultimates from what I understood, are still a significant and real threat out there to us if we ever encounter one, a threat that we must take serious cautiousness against which means we cannot let our guard down out there."

As I believed most of the important bits had been covered now, so I felt it was time to deal with one problem that could cause problems in the future if it wasn't dealt with fast as I begin to suggest,

” There is still one last one matter to be deal with, and that is considering how we are going to address you in the future Lunamon, because from what I understand, that is the name of your genus and not a unique name specifically to you.”

I begin to explain to her why this was an issue as I say, “I for sure ain't going to be dealing with a situation of having more than one of your lines in one place and calling each of you Lunamon in an emergency because that is just going to spell disaster with possible lives on the line, so we are just going to have to deal with that issue now."

I turn my head up and gaze straight to Lunamon and ask her," So, unless you have actual gripes against having a new name, do you have any suggestions, or should I start throwing choices for you to pick at?"

She began pondering silently which I took as her not having a problem with it, so I threw the first proper thing that comes to my mind at her, "You fine being called Livis?"

"… Does it have a meaning?" she asks me back quickly, certainly curious about my answer as the two ears at her back twitched a bit.

"Not that I know of, does every name need to have some clear connection? a name is a name, I could name you 'number one' and it would have as much relevance as luna or Selene." I say to her, giving my opinion on the matter when it comes to names.

I further iterate my opinion on the subject, "Seriously though, do you REALLY want to be called by something related to the moon? because I can't really think of anything more unoriginal than that.”

“And besides, the rest of us have been holding names that bear no relevance to what we are or look like whatsoever, so don't think about it too much and just accept one that sounds pleasant enough to you."

"Marraeeeep" came a totally unhelpful teasing call from Merry trying her best to imitate a certain electric sheep Pokémon.

"Merry, just because you made it relevant retroactively does not make my previous point untrue."

She opens the lid of the tablet around her neck and begins to type a message before the sound of the familiar cheery female sounds out," We could make it very relevant for you two if you wanted to, just give me some dyes and use the rainbow-colored sock I made for Aurora's leaf, and we are all ready to go!"

"No, for the nth time Merry, I'm not dyeing my hair silver for a dumb joke, so don't try spinning this into getting me goaded into doing it, I'm not that desperate for dumb jokes yet." I answer her attempt to once again get us all to look like our namesakes.

 I swear, she likely has a Mareep sheep costume all waiting in her endless void that is her closet just waiting to show up.

A scoff came from the green dinosaur at that declaration, fully showing that he totally didn't believe my statement.

…Not like I can deny that accusation, ill dye my hair any day if I know I'm guaranteed to get something more than just a lame quip out of it.

"Why did you pick that one specifically for my name then?" The curious rabbit asked me after some deep pondering.

"It was the first thing that came to my mind when I looked at you, it just seemed fitting to me."

She seems to contemplate my answer once more as her right hand moves just below her mouth as I patiently wait for the conclusion to come up from her.

"Then, let me reintroduce myself, I'm Livis, A Lunamon, Partner and bond of Silver!" She yells out with a clear positive upbeat in it as she threw her right hand high up on the declaration.

Good, I was expecting us to be on this for a bit longer, but a fast resolution to a problem is always fortunate, and seeing her positive outlook, it didn't look like it would become a choice she would regret, not like we couldn't change the name anyways if it does become one.

"Think we have covered everything that had to be checked and covered out urgently” I say as I begin to present what I think we should as the de-facto leader of the Team.

"So, this is what we are going to do. “

“First, we prepare ourselves the best we can before diving ourselves blindly into danger, starting with getting ourselves back into shape with spars and getting Livis familiar with our team and how we fight while also teaching her as much as we can before we take our first dive into the unknown.”

I look at Merry as I say," We need all our equipment to be in top shape, so I'm very much going to look forward to your work Merry, I suggest you start preparing for all of us to have our stuff prepared by the time we try our first dive into this unknown world to us."

I suddenly remember a certain detail as I exclaim, "Oh! And do remember to make our newest team member her own Rescue Team Scarf quickly! kind of necessary if we want to use some of our tools and because I don't want her feeling left out as she is part of the team now."

"Maaa!" "She confirms she understood me and begins to abruptly leave as she cheerfully bounces pushes herself off the sofa with her left arm, landing on her stump and begins to hop away!

"WAIT, COME BACK! I DIDN'T SAY TO DO IT RIGHT NOW! I WASN'T DONE YET!" I yell at the one way too eager to begin as I try to reach at her frantically with my right hand.

The cactus abruptly stops before turning back towards us while hopping back towards us and sits back to her seat on the sofa albeit somewhat reluctantly.

"Haah…. "I sigh at that derailment before continuing to say, "Anyway, Once the preparation is done, we prepare for our first scouting mission into the Digital World with our main objective of getting our feet wet with the surroundings.”

“Our objective is thus not to fight, but to explore as much as we can, if anything out there happens to be even remotely threatening, we prioritize retreating and plan how to deal with later, because I am not dealing with a possible ultimate without a proper plan."

And with my initial quick plan now fully established and told to the rest of the crew, I decide to conclude our standard meeting the traditional way.

"So, with all of that done, let's finish our team meeting the way we always do. Let's go with routine three this time."

Our newest teammate looks somewhat confused at us as we prepare to take our positions, so I tell her," Just stick to my shoulder and just try your best to do anything what everyone else is doing."

Livis promptly still looked very much confused as everyone goes towards the clothes racket close to the entrance of the house and picks up a top hat except for Livis as we all move behind our large sofa that already has two theatre lamps behind it in position with a switch for activating each separately next to them.

Aurora shuts out the light with a long reaching vine before we start presenting ourselves to literally no one.

"Prepare for trouble!" "I rise from behind the couch from the left side as the right light activates and focuses onto my face all thanks to aurora's vines as I use the top hat to hide my face with the exception of my grin.

"Deal with double!" Says the Bayleef as he slowly rises from the right side with a similar motion, hiding everything on his face except the smile just as I did, all the while the light on the other end shines on him while he uses a more menacing text to speech sound.

"To protect the world from devastation!" Says the Maractus as she jumps and hangs on the sofa between the two of us, only showing arms and head while also hiding everything of her face but the  zigzag smile while using a more mature feminine voicebot  as both the lights towards her grin.

"To unite all people of our nations!" I say as I move the hand holding the top hat towards the middle as if presenting it to Merry in the middle while still keeping my grin.

"To denounce the evils of fear and terror!" Says Aurora using the timer function of the tablet for the message as he places the hat with a vine towards the middle from his position as he grins like I do.

"To extend our reach beyond to correct worlds away of error!" Says Merry as she does the same as Aurora and me.

"SILVER!" I yell out my name in a menacing tone right as I place the hat onto my head.

"BAY!" yells the Bayleef in a menacing tone as he places his hat on his head.

"MAR!" Yells the Maractus in a menacing tone doing the same as the two of us just with a bit more cheerfulness to it.

"---- LU-- LIVIS!" Yells the utterly out of her depth Livis as she forgets her new name for a moment as she tries her best to keep up while looking around us still very much befuddled.

"Team Righteous Shines bright at the speed of light!" I declare with a commanding tone as I take the hat off my head and present it to the sky with my right hand.

"Surrender now or prepare to fight!" yell the two other members of this act as they do the same.

"RIGHTEOUS GO! GO TEAM RIGHTEOUS!!!" I yell out as I throw out the hat towards the roof.

"BAAA!!"/ "MAAA!!" /"OH-OHHH!" yell out my other team members, as they very soon do the same with their hats with the exception of Livis who did not have a hat prepared for her yet but tries her best anyways.

Livis thought of the display she just experienced with a slight bit of confusion and awe, Not really knowing what to expect from all of this anymore, but she felt like she understood just a bit more just of the now home she had ended up in.

 

 

 

Unusually larger chapter, but i just coudn't see any reasonable way to split this one without it feeling forced. Most chapters in the future will be around the size of 4-8k words

Anyway, next one is coming tomorrow

Cheers, Author

2