Chapter 49-Memories Of The Past [F.D.3] (5)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Location: Focalor, Theul Village]

[9:15 AM, May 29, 134710, AP]

"Then, I'll be going now, brother, sister" Nepheria said as she held her backpack in her back as both Vernon and Nathalia looked at her with sad eyes, like a father and mother who loved their daughter so much they didn't want her to go, but Nepheria must go because she needs to attend school. After all, today is the time when Nepheria will be the head student of her grade at the school as an exceptional student from her previous school.

"Is the food inside your bag? What about the gun I gave you to protect yourself from those perverted boys? You must have those, right?" Vernon said as he cared for Nepheria if she had the food that he gave her, and he also asked if she had the gun he had created for her to defend herself, and of course she had the gun that Vernon had given her. She is actually complacent about bringing it with her or not, but with the consistent nagging of Vernon saying that she must bring the gun with her, so she just brings it with her.

"What about water? Did you bring water, right? What about the bomb I have given you to instantly evaporate multiple enemies? Do you have it? No, you must have it, right?" Nathalia said, as she too cared for Nepheria very much like Vernon, that she even asked if she had the water that she gave her and also if she had the bomb that she gave her to eradicate those filthy enemies.

"I'm not going to a war, big brother, big sister. It's school, a place where kids learn, and yes, I have all every single weapon, gadget, and food that you have given to me inside my never-ending backpack that big brother Vernon gave to me" Nepheria said as she looked behind her, looking at her overprotective brother and sister as their eyes had a look of a kitten that is abandoned, making Nepheria feel bad, but she knows that this is a technique that they used so she wouldn't go to school and just stay to school.

"You might be right, but there's a possibility that criminals would come to school and capture children for their sick, twisted experiments" Vernon said to Nepheria. There's a chance that an organization that captures children and does its experiments on them will turn the children's into an abomination. He knew this because he had fought multiple such organizations.

"That would not happen, brother. Have you forgotten that you are the one who created a barrier in the school, and I trusted that Big Brother's spell would not be broken by some criminals because I know that even if it's broken, Big Brother will come to save me" Nepheria said as she believed that the barrier that her brother created around the school could not be broken by some criminals, as the toughness of the barrier is no joke. It could even hold out explosions as strong as the explosion of a universe. On top of that, she believed Vernon would save her if such a thing ever happened. Hearing this makes Vernon happy, as tears fall down his cheeks because Nepheria trusted her. To him, there's no greater pleasure than your own little sister trusting him that much.

"To think you regard me so highly, I'm so happy. Now I can die happily" Vernon said, as he was so happy to the point that his soul slowly went out of his body, slowly ascending to the sky. Seeing this made Nepheria panic, but Nathalia grabbed the soul and threw it back to his body. Vernon, who was drooling as his soul just returned to his body, suddenly woke up from the sudden slap in his back.

"Hey! Wake up. If you die now, who will save Nepheria if you're not there?" Nathalia said as she looked at Vernon, who lay down on the floor because of her slap. Although she was a little jealous that Nepheria trusted Vernon, she also understood that Nepheria trusted her too, because they are family. After all, if Nepheria was in danger, she would make sure to save her.

"Ah! That's right, it's not time yet because I will surely protect Nepheria and Nathalia too with all I can, so that's why leave everything to me because I will do everything that I can for the both of you" Vernon said as he raised his body and stood up properly as he looked at the sky with such ideal. Both Nepheria and Nathalia looked at him with a smile, knowing that Vernon would protect whatever it took.

"Is that so since my brother said that, then I have nothing to worry about. Then I'll be going to school. Bye, bye, big brother, big sister. I'll make sure to return home safely" Nepheria said as she ran to where her school is located while leaving the smiling Vernon and Nathalia looking at her, knowing that their little sister is growing up.

"Are you sure about this, Vernon? I know we both love our little sister, but the school is very strict, and she is too kind for that kind of school" Nathalia said with worry for Nepheria. As she knows how brutal the school really is, there's a high chance that Nepheria would die due to her kindness, as that place is a brutal war of noble children that wanted to gain very high authority after they finished their school. She knew this because she and Vernon enrolled at this school, and they are the highest-ranking and most precious students of the school.

"Nepheria needs to grow. She can't always be too reliant on us. I'm already dying, and Nepheria would only have you. That's why I wanted her to grow before I died. I want to see that she can live happily even without me" Vernon said with a sad voice. Nathalia, looking at this, understood that Vernon was already dying due to the effect of the curse. The loss of memories became more frequent, to the point that a whole year's worth of memories suddenly disappeared. Even the backups they had created for Vernon's memories also disappeared, making them useless.

"Sigh, then let's go. We still have a lot to do, like creating new spells so you won't die so easily and break that curse that you have" Nathalia said as Vernon followed her to the tower that they worked on.

0