Chapter – 34: Clan Base to Guild Base
564 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is the longest chapter I've ever written. I hope it doesn't bore you guy's.

Words: 7000 

Grab your coffee and take your seat. Enjoy. 

______________________________________________

In the dark and dreary room, three figures sat, each fixated on their respective screens. Their eyes remained glued to the screens, their fingers dancing across holographic touchscreens to manipulate the digital screen before them.

Clicking noises resonated through the room as Suzune tapped on her holographic keyboard, situated on a clear table. Mei Mei, who typically didn't display much emotion, let out a rare sign of exhaustion.

"API endpoints for 'Citadel of Sin,' the main hub, and those other four bases are finally done. This was never-ending," Suzune muttered as she continued to type. Her once-neat brown hair was now disheveled, and her eyes were bloodshot, bearing the marks of fatigue with deep black circles beneath them.

"Mapping those virtual spaces is finally complete! Navigation meshes, occlusion culling, and shared assets, finally done," Suzune muttered to herself, venting her frustration with the occasional curse. Her hands never once stopped their rapid typing.

"Master, you need to drink some water. It's been 1 hour and 13 minutes, and you haven't taken a sip. Your eyes look like they'll pop out any moment!" Mei Mei expressed her concern as she rose from her chair. Mei Mei had been assigned by Lucian to design various elements, and it felt like an endless task. She glanced over at Lucian, who was also present in the room.

Suzune, upon hearing Mei Mei's voice, paused momentarily and shifted her gaze toward the young man sitting in another chair. Lucian had a massive screen in front of him displaying a menu with countless textures, data, skins, add-ons, and more. At the base of the screen was a small island, and Lucian sat in the center of the room, manipulating a 3D model and numerous textures.

"Mei Mei... I don't need water right now!" Lucian responded, his eyes mirroring the exhaustion of both Suzune and Mei Mei, marked by dark circles and bloodshot eyes. Lucian was a perfectionist, and anything less than that was unacceptable in his eyes.

"Lu-Lucian..." Suzune stuttered as she crawled over to Lucian's place, Mei Mei watching but not intervening.

"W-what is it, my dear Suzune? Do you need me to massage you? I hope you can stay awake until we connect all the bases," Lucian said, attempting to give a charming smile, but his bloodshot eyes gave it a somewhat sinister appearance.

"I-..." Suzune muttered as she fell over onto Lucian's lap.

"You..?" Lucian inquired, growing concerned that something might have gone awry with his perfect plan.

"I-..." Suzune began to speak.

"Suzune! Tell me what!" Lucian urged, holding Suzune's cheeks and bringing her face closer to his, locking his bloodshot eyes with hers.

"You?" Suzune started.

"I-... I've done my work, so give me my rewards," Suzune said, falling onto Lucian's lap with a thud and drooling from the corner of her mouth.

"Really? Hey, Suzune! Wake up! Wake the fuck up!" Lucian shouted as he shook Suzune. After a minute of shaking, she finally woke up with a loud shout.

"W-what! Where are my rewards!?" she shouted as she woke up, her eyes still bloodshot, locking onto Lucian's blue eyes. She almost lost herself for a second, pressing her lips forward. But before she could claim her rewards, Lucian interrupted her daydream.

"Suzune? Have you completed the setup?" Lucian asked with hopeful eyes.

Suzune, finally waking up, blushed from ear to ear as she nodded in response. "I'm done with it. All you need to do is add textures, skins, and other stuff. I'd love to help with that too, but unfortunately, if I don't get some sleep now, I think I'll die before I get my rewards," Suzune said, holding her aching head with fierce intensity.

"Good. Thanks for your hard work," Lucian said with a brilliant smile, his earlier tiredness vanishing, almost replaced by sheer excitement. He leaned forward, planting his lips on Suzune's forehead.

"Get some rest," Lucian said after the kiss while patting her head. He continued, "Mei Mei, take care of her and yourself." He moved his hands over her forehead and flicked her with his finger.

"What's with that, Master? Obviously, I can't sleep. I won't be a perfect maid if I slept knowing my Master was still awake. I have-" Mei Mei began to speak but was abruptly silenced as Lucian pressed his lips onto hers, shutting her mouth. Mei Mei, blushing, returned the kiss before he pulled back.

"I hope you sleep like a good girl. Otherwise, I'll have to punish you," Lucian said as he pointed toward Suzune. "Make sure she is also comfortable. We don't want our MVP to have an uncomfortable sleep."

Mei Mei looked at Lucian and replied with a short nod, followed by a "As you wish."

Lucian then immediately sat down on the comfortable and soft recliner chair. He picked up the headgear, which was placed right next to the chair, and before putting it on, he inserted his neuro transmitter into his neural port.

The console lit up as soon as he did, along with the headgear, and he dived into the virtual world.

*****

Lucian appeared in Yggdrasil, but instead of the usual burning landscapes of Muspellsheim or the green glades of Asgard, he found himself on a massive white flying platform. It seemed unfinished, lacking textures or details.

"This is going to take time, but I need to do it," Lucian muttered to himself as he leaped onto a smaller flying platform connected to the larger one.

With determination, he accessed the clan option and found what he was looking for.

[Place connected - Citadel of Sin]

"Let's go! The backdoors are connected!" Lucian cheered as he used the option to leave the platform, vanishing in the process. He reappeared in front of a fortress within a dimensional space, the Citadel of Sin. The platform he stood on appeared connected to the fortress.

"Fuh. It's working. Time to go back," Lucian said as he returned to the white plateform.

After three hours of intense work, Lucian was finally finished. He slumped onto the virtual ground, exhausted even within the virtual world. His surroundings had transformed dramatically. The white platform around him had multiplied to form four smaller circular platforms connected by stairs, in an arc.

In the center and atop the highest platform stood a magnificent crystalline castle that glistened as if made of the most precious glass. Each circular platform led to a different base and dungeon, and the once-bland white plateform was now customized to be a beautiful intricately designed plateform that connected everything together.

"At least the basics are done now," Lucian said with a tired smile. The foundation was laid, and now he needed to perform minimal customization for each base and location, but those were the most important tasks. 

Lucian had initially expected the world item [Nuwa Mending the Heaven and Earth] to grant him a well-organized base with access to all the places in a systematic, floor-like order. However, the reality was quite different. The world item had created a complex and tangled amalgamation of lands.

The Forest of Freya and the Citadel of Sin were merged together, as if forming a chimera-like territory. Lust's Abode seemed to be floating and connected to the Castle of Valhalla. Each of these bases varied in size, with the Citadel of Sin being the largest, turning the entire amalgamation into a chaotic monstrosity.

This outcome infuriated Lucian, as he had anticipated a more organized and structured clan base. However, his frustration was eased when Suzune assured him that she could rectify the situation. She pledged to correct the entire setup and align it with Lucian's vision, which made him immensely grateful for her help. Thanks to her, he was able to create this base.

"Time to get some sleep," Lucian muttered as he logged out. The first thing he did upon logging out was sleep for a much-needed 20 hours.

******

"I can understand he wants to design the place all by himself because it's his passion project. But is it really necessary to play alone all day, customizing and spending time in Yggdrasil constantly?" Suzune grumbled as she glared at the maid who was calmly sipping tea across the table.

"Although I dislike that master is dedicating so much time to the game and not even letting me accompany him, I can endure it if it brings him happiness," Mei Mei replied, taking graceful sips of her tea.

"But he's been at it for a month now! And I still haven't received my rewards!" Suzune shouted, slamming her hand on the table.

"Stop being a bother to master. If he promised you something, he'll surely deliver, even if it takes some time," Mei Mei replied, finishing her tea in a single, seemingly unaffected gulp despite its temperature.

"Are you going somewhere?" Suzune inquired, watching Mei Mei rise from her chair.

"Yeah, I'm going to meet my friend. It's been a while since we hung out. With master busy in his addiction and you here to look after him, I can go out with peace of mind," Mei Mei said, collecting the tea cups, even snatching the half-drunk one from Suzune. She continued, "Normally, I wouldn't leave when master is in VR, but with you here, he's in good hands."

"Oh, okay. So, I'll be alone in the house today?" Suzune asked with curiosity as she watched Mei Mei open the door.

Suzune had recently started spending a lot of time at Lucian's house, even after finishing her work. Despite having her own apartment room in the same building, she had temporarily moved in, and it had been almost two months.

"Yes," Mei Mei replied before issuing a warning, "But don't even think of trying something funny with master." She gave Suzune a stern glare.

Suzune flinched and immediately waved her hands. "I-I would never..." Beads of sweat formed on her forehead as she responded.

******

"Mei-chan!" A cute girl in a one-piece dress waved her hand in the streets of Tokyo Arcologies. The bustling streets were filled with people in suits, and young couples seemed to be enjoying their lives despite the grim surroundings.

The girl had long black hair tied in a ponytail, matching her black eyes hidden behind glasses. Her petite face featured slightly chubby cheeks, giving her an endearing look.

"Mizuki." Mei Mei, dressed casually, walked over to her. Her slightly short hair swayed as she approached her friend.

"Mei-chan!" As soon as Mei Mei reached her, the girl jumped and hugged her.

"Stop it, Mizuki!" Mei Mei said, gently separating herself from her clingy friend.

"Come on! We rarely even get to meet! And why do you have to sound so distant all the time?" the girl pouted.

"I'm not being distant. I'm just maintaining an appropriate distance," Mei Mei replied matter-of-factly.

"Leave that. Anyway, let's go! I've found a new cafe, and they have good tiramisu. I'm sure you'd enjoy it. Let's talk there," Mizuki said, taking Mei Mei's hand and dragging her along.

*****

"What!? Are you serious? You did it!?" Mizuki shouted in the cafe, spitting out her drink in surprise. The entire crowd in the cafe turned to look at her, and she quickly lowered her voice, asking in whispers, "Are you serious? You finally got what you wanted?"

"Yeah, I couldn't be happier," Mei mei replied with a blush and a smile, displaying a rare moment of vulnerability and happiness that she usually only showed to Lucian.

"Good for you, girl!" Mizuki said with a smile, observing the blushing face of Mei Mei. Her eyes lingered on the maidenly smile gracing Mei Mei's lips.

"I wish I could be that happy someday," Mizuki continued with a somewhat melancholic smile.

"Are you still thinking about that guy you met in Yggdrasil?" Mei mei suddenly asked, noticing the expression on Mizuki's face.

"I can't deny it. I miss him, and it seems to get stronger every day..." Mizuki sighed, leaning onto the table.

"You should consider giving up on that virtual guy and find someone else. You're quite cute, so I'm sure many guys would love to be with you," Mei mei advised. However, Mizuki wasn't receptive to the suggestion.

"It's not as if I haven't thought about it. Before meeting him, I was interested in other guys, even some of my colleagues. But there's nothing of that left anymore..." Mizuki replied with a sigh. "I can't just give up. It hurts, but... I just can't..." She continued.

"Let me ask you, Mei Mei... If I told you that your master doesn't reciprocate your love, would you be willing to leave his side?" Mizuki asked, looking intently at Mei Mei.

"Never," Mei mei replied without hesitation.

"See. It's something similar."

"But I think you're mistaking something..." Mei mei said. "I don't just love Master; it's not just about love or whether he reciprocates it. I'm meant for him, just like he is meant for me. It's not something as trivial as love and time. My devotion to him transcends that," Mei mei said, her eyes darkening, and a fanatical smile on her face. "If he fell in love with someone else, that's fine. I'll still be the only one he can rely on. I'll make sure of that," Mei mei replied with a sinister obsession hidden beneath her fanatical demeanor.

"Ugh... You're freaking me out," Mizuki replied, shivering as she rubbed her shoulders.

"Do you think your love, or whatever it is, considering you haven't even seen him or met him in real life, is real?" Mei mei asked as she took a bite of the tiramisu on her plate.

"I don't know... But I'm sure I love him..." Mizuki replied.

"Are you sure you can love him even after finding out that he is a fatass incel who lives inside his room all day and jerks off to hentai?" Mei mei asked straightforwardly.

"Ughh... That makes me sick. But... I think I can, and that's why it's creeping me out. Mei chan! I think something's wrong with me!" Mizuki said as she looked at Mei mei with pleading eyes. " Anyway, I don't think he is like that. His father is actually the owner of some conglomerate, and he always bought many cash shop items, so he's not a loser, at least."

"What if he's someone who uses his money and authority to suppress and torture others? Would you still be willing to love him?" Mei mei asked.

"For me, I can. Even if Master was an evil monster who wanted to turn the world into his Haigure army," Mei mei followed, still waiting for an answer.

"Mei chan, I think that analogy is a little messed up," Mizuki said with twitching lips.

"Anyway, I think I can love him, but it hurts because we rarely even talk now. I haven't been able to get in contact with him for a month. Before, I used to chat with him through the chat function, but his account isn't visible anymore. He's not playing the lobby game we used to play before... I can't even find him anymore. I'm as lost as can be..." Mizuki said while shaking her head left and right. "Ughh! What should I do?"

Just as she was lost in thought, she was splashed by a glass of cold water and quickly got up.

"What the heck, Mei Chan!?" She said as she looked at Mei mei, who was putting down the empty glass of water on the waiter's tray, the waiter looking rather troubled.

"You need to cool down. Literally..." Mei mei said.

"That was not very cool of you!" Mizuki said as she tried to wring the water out of her clothes.

"Here, use this." Mei mei handed her a box of tissues, seemingly pulling it out of nowhere.

"Where do you even hide all those utility items?" Mizuki asked as she used the tissues to wipe her face and dry her hair.

"As a perfect maid, it's only necessary that I be prepared for anything," Mei mei replied with her usual line.

After the little interruption, they sat down, and their conversation continued.

"Do you want me to help you find that guy?" Mei mei asked while savoring her third tiramisu.

"Wait, can you really do that?" Mizuki asked, her surprise evident.

"Do you think I've been trained for nothing? As long as I have the player's information, like his player ID and IGN, I should be able to find his real name and address," Mei mei replied with pride.

"Really!? Thank you, Mei chan!" Mizuki exclaimed, immediately jumping over the table to hug Mei mei. Unfortunately, in the process, she knocked over her half-eaten tiramisu.

"I've told you not to get so close. How many times do I have to remind you?" Mei mei scolded, gently pushing Mizuki back into her chair. As she looked at the half-eaten tiramisu on the floor, Mei mei sighed.

"You've done it now," Mei mei stated, her tone more resigned than angry, as she threw another glass of cold water at Mizuki. This gesture was their unique way of expressing friendship.

After calming down, Mei mei inquired, "So, what was his player ID?"

"Yes," Mizuki replied with a smile. "His player ID was 83759290. Don't ask me how I remember it. As for his in-game name, it was LucILuci, with both Ls capitalized."

Mei mei dropped her spoon, her expression now deadly serious. "Can you repeat that?"

Mizuki wondered what had happened as she recounted what she told. And thus began a new drama...

(This was Bukubukuchagama, if you weren't able to grasp from the information.)

*****

In the skies of Asgard, the atmosphere remained constant, with the entire sky bathed in the brilliance of the bright sun, illuminating the world below.

Today, a group of players soared through the sky at a high altitude. Despite the constant wind's attempts to push them away, they found themselves at one of Asgard's edges, a hazardous place where the atmosphere and terrain posed dangers. They were navigating through the [Glades of Nether] while contending with the currents of [Netherstream Impasse].

"Why is this hazardous environment so easy to pass through?" Suzune asked as she gracefully floated, her angelic wings flapping behind her, allowing her to effortlessly maneuver around the opposing wind without resistance.

"That's because Master has provided us with items that render these effects ineffective," Mei mei explained as she also flew ahead, trailing behind the neon green light.

"True, but it just goes to show how Lucian has completely broken the game. This wind is supposed to be impassable, and only the Birdman race is allowed to traverse it, and even they face significant difficulties," Suzune pointed out.

"That just underscores how remarkable Master is," Mei mei responded.

"Yes, he certainly excels at acquiring gacha items. I mean, if anyone had the wealth he possesses and spun the gacha as much as he has, they would undoubtedly amass such game-breaking advantages," Suzune grumbled, despite wholeheartedly agreeing with Mei mei.

"I want you guys to shut up!" A voice echoed from the distant end of the neon green trail, causing Suzune and Mei mei to stop and look back.

Lucian hovered there, his back adorned with two peculiar black wings featuring swirling green patterns. These wings resembled more of dark armor than actual appendages. Unlike the two girls, who each had a helmet with wings on their heads, Lucian had no such accessory. He didn't need it. The impassable environment couldn't affect his ability, [Quantum SinFlux Manifest: Wings]. This was a combined ability stemming from his Quantum Code class, alongside his Vice Vritra class. The glowing green swirling patterns on the black wings resembled data as they propelled him, emitting neon green light that scattered like laser dust into the sky.

Lucian's unruly silver hair flowed down his back, and his beautiful green pupils, thanks to the ability, gazed at them. His body was clad in a black, skin-tight armor, concealing his noble attire beneath.

"Shut up and let's go; I can't wait to show you guys how beautiful I've made it," Lucian exclaimed with a smile conveyed by his emoji.

"Obviously," Suzune responded first, followed by Mei mei's usual "As you wish."

Soon, they soared above the cloud space, and the [LethalStrewm Impasse] finally came to an end. Lucian floated there with a triumphant smile, looking at his creation, which might not have been possible without the girls' help.

In the sky floated a massive crystalline castle that seemed to tower over the very clouds. The castle was situated on a circular platform that appeared deceptively clean but was actually crafted from some of the strongest [Celestial Gold], [Soul Steel] and [Eldrasteel], forged five times over to enhance its properties.

An arched structure surrounded the castle, with four towering buildings on it, each housing its own circular platform, concealing its own secrets. A circular platform connected to the main gates of the grand castle emitted a soothing blue light. An intricate array of blue light connected all these elements together, forming a magic circle that enveloped the entire castle. Above the castle, an amethyst orb floated, radiating a sun-like brilliance. Three golden rings encircled it, shimmering with a captivating purple hue as if they were absorbing its energy.

Adding to this breathtaking sight were the Valkyries, flying valiantly around the clan base. Each Valkyrie wore similar armor, although their patterns varied. Some held shields and swords, while others carried spears and lances. These Valkyries patrolled the area, creating a magnificent spectacle.

"What do you think?" Lucian asked with a proud smile, his black wings slowly retracting and merging seamlessly with his body as if they were a natural extension. His appearance transformed back to his noble attire, and his red eyes returned.

"This is..." Suzune gazed at the castle, her eyes wide with awe. While she knew that the central castle was the Castle of Valhalla due to her responsibility for coding and connecting the areas, she had designed it on a blank canvas. What she saw now was the true masterpiece. The Castle of Valhalla had rarely looked so breathtaking. It exuded majesty and beauty, enhanced further by the arch ring surrounding it and the rings encapsulating the island like structure.

"Master, how many hours did you spend on this?" Mei mei inquired as she observed the straight bridge leading from the blue circular platform to the castle's main gates. She could discern the many references Lucian had incorporated into the design, thanks to her keen perception.

"About 200 hours," Lucian replied, stroking his chin.

"For real?" Mei mei gasped, surprised by the dedication.

Ignoring the time spent, Lucian suggested, "Let's go inside," and held both their hands, teleporting them to the base of the blue circular platform.

"The four towers and circular platforms, the nexuses you see, are actually functioning perfectly. The bases are connected, and the backdoors are operational," Lucian explained, looking at Suzune.

"Thank goodness. Although I completed it, I couldn't help but feel anxious about the outcome," Suzune admitted with a sigh of relief.

"Master, I don't quite understand the backdoor you're referring to. I thought you asked Suzune to sort out the bases? Or am I mistaken?" Mei mei inquired, tilting her head. Her swirling black eyes were locked onto Lucian, awaiting an explanation.

"Well, that's true. Suzune was responsible for sorting out the bases, but she also created backdoors. We were able to do it thanks to the world item. Basically..." Lucian began, holding both their hands and teleporting them to one of the towers in the arch, arriving on the glowing green circular platform.

"Basically, this platform here connects to one of the bases," Lucian explained as he opened his clan menu.

[Location - Lusts Abode]

"We can teleport to the base as long as we stand here," Lucian added, demonstrating by selecting the transport option. They immediately appeared in front of an endless staircase.

"But isn't this a bit counterproductive, Master?" Mei mei inquired. "Doesn't it go against your wish of creating the perfect and impenetrable base?" She tilted her head, seeking an explanation. Suzune chimed in with a giggle.

"Lucian, did you really keep everything hidden from her?" Suzune teased. "It's entirely in line with his vision of an impenetrable base."

Lucian teleported them back to the central circular platform and began to clarify. "You see, Mei mei, those four platforms you see are each a backdoor to one of the bases." He pointed at the green circular platform with a dark black tower. "That's Lusts Abode."

He then indicated the white tower emitting a fairy-like golden light. "That's connected to Sylvan Light Forest of Freya."

Continuing, he pointed at the red tower with a demonic face on it. "That's Wraths Dominion Hall."

Lastly, he gestured toward the violet tower and platform. "And that's the Citadel of Sin."

"I understand that, Master, but wouldn't it be easy for players to just dive into each of them separately? Wouldn't it be simple for more than one guild or clan to converge and try to take over the base?" Mei mei asked, her curiosity genuine.

Usually, one wouldn't create a guild or clan base with multiple entrances like this. When creating a clan or guild base, it's usually necessary to establish a single path that connects to the end of the guild. This prevents the creation of an impenetrable fortress by removing all the entrances to the guild, thus creating an impenetrable fortress. Each of these guild bases was checked to see if they had a way to the end of the guild. However, here Lucian had created four platforms, and the main one was initially open, allowing anyone to attack the main base without any care. In this case, they could attack all the bases at the same time and defeat the entire guild or clan easily since it was divided.

"That's the best part; the base is locked and set. So basically, you'll have to defeat the bases one by one. First Lust's Abode, second Wrath's Dominion Hall, third Sylvan Light Forest, fourth the Citadel of Sin. As for the Castle of Valhalla, no one can enter it unless they have defeated the other four bases," Mei mei's eyes widened, although her avatar didn't show it.

"We exploited the loopholes. The main base, which is the Castle of Valhalla, is unconquerable and untouchable unless you have defeated the four bases. We have left an open path, which means we are not cheating," Suzune explained with a smile.

"Exactly," Lucian agreed.

"But considering we are just a clan, no one would probably care," Mei mei said. However, Lucian had another response.

"Nah, nah, we are not just a clan. We will be a guild," Lucian declared with a smile.

"And how is that possible, master? It's impossible to form a guild unless you have 20 members."

"And that's why I have a world item that can change that," Lucian said as he brought out an item from his inventory.

A small red ruby-like stone floated in his hand between his thumb and index finger. The stone appeared red and had a glowing core inside it. It seemed to change colors depending on the viewing angle.

This was a world-class item Lucian had found during his four years of journey in Yggdrasil. It was an exceptionally precious item that he hadn't used even once because it could only be used once.

[Chintamani]

Class - World

Type - Consumable

Description: A fallen leaf of the World Tree that is said to have become a part of a star. This item is believed to have fallen from that star onto Midgard. The stone is revered and worshiped by mortals and humanoids due to its unnatural ability to grant wishes.

- This item can grant any wish to the player, as long as they don't break the game.

- The item can't be used for multiple small wishes.

- It can't be used to forge any items, as the wish-granting property diminishes the longer it stays in a player's hands.

- After use, the item will vanish back into the stars.

"Lucian, is that the Philosopher's Stone!?" Suzune asked, shocked as she looked at the red ruby.

"Close," Lucian replied, smacking her on the head. "You're one of the Devs, idiot! You should know what world item it is. It's [Chintamani]."

"Wait!? How did you get that item? It was supposed to randomly fall from the sky to a random player on a random date!" Suzune shouted in sheer shock.

"What do you mean? Maybe I'm just lucky," Lucian replied as he tapped on the item's option. He had discovered this stone when he was at one of the edges of Midgard. Midgard was probably the least dangerous world out of all the nine, and even at the edge, there were many mid level players. Despite that, no one seemed to have discovered this stone. Lucian had stumbled upon it purely by chance, as it was stuck in the ground, and he was able to find it because he had used a skill that accidentally revealed the item.

"So, what will this item do, master?" Mei mei asked, still confused about all of this.

"A clan is unable to have NPCs because they are informal bodies of players instead of formally declared entities," Lucian explained.

"That means the 4500 levels of NPC storage that these bases have granted me are as useless as they can be..." Lucian continued with a defeated sigh.

"The only NPCs in the base right now are Mobs and Pop-Ups... Though the Castle of Valhalla has given some NPCs that are customizable, but not entirely, as they come with the base," Lucian said with a sigh.

"Is it really necessary to create Custom NPCs?" Mei mei asked.

"It is!!!" Lucian shouted in reply.

"Being able to create Custom NPCs is like creating your own children... It's like giving life to something that you have worked hard for. I have to create NPCs. I need NPCs. I want my own custom NPCs!" Lucian exclaimed.

"NPCs are like children?" Mei mei murmured suddenly, as if she were in a trance.

Suzune could only roll her eyes, as she had already guessed what Mei mei was thinking.

"Master, do you think we can create an NPC together?" Mei mei asked, her eyes locked onto Lucian.

"Sure," Lucian replied with a smile.

"I would also like to create some NPCs together," Suzune chimed in, as if igniting a friendly rivalry.

"Sure, sure. We will create many NPCs. We have a total of 4500 levels of storage available to us, and we can always expand it by using money," Lucian said with a smile. He was genuinely looking forward to custom NPC creation. He had so many NPCs in mind that he wanted to create.

[You have used the world item «Chintamani»]

[Contacting the Developers...]

[Please wait...]

Lucian noticed the notifications as he used the item.

"Wait! Why didn't you use it when I was on the clock!" Suzune suddenly shouted, realizing it as she jumped onto Lucian's back and held him tightly.

"Do you really want to contact other devs? Am I useless now? Do you really want to throw me away after using me like that? I thought I was enough..." Suddenly, she started pouring out her feelings with an almost tearful voice.

"Stop troubling master..." Mei mei said as she suddenly appeared before Lucian and Suzune and tried to separate them, but Suzune was not willing to let go.

"Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Was it really necessary? Are other developers better than me? Am I doing a bad job? But I'm still learning, I can improve. Why would you discard me like that? You are so cruel..." Suzune couldn't stop ranting as she felt as if her one worth was being taken away from her. Even Mei mei was troubled by this. This girl hadn't shown any reactions like this before, and now, Mei mei was getting even more troubled.

"No one is replacing you, Suzune..." Lucian said as he gently hugged her. Although his warmth wasn't conveyed, his genuine feelings were.

One of the reasons why everyone liked Lucian was his genuine nature and pure personality. He didn't hold deep grudges against anyone, often forgave others, and was rarely angry at anyone. However, some might argue differently, especially considering his scuffle with Touch Me. But in the end, he was still human. Lucian always sought the good in everything and everyone. If you put Lucian in a room filled with violent people for an hour and returned, you'd find everyone chatting heartily. That's just how he worked. There was something about him that made people naturally like him (and it's definitely not just because he's a protagonist).

"Really?" Suzune asked in a hushed tone.

This moment sent shivers down Mei mei's spine. She had been revitalized by her 'Vitamin L' a month ago, and ever since, living without it had become a daily struggle. Here, someone else was occupying Lucian's attention, which irritated her, but she could bear with it. It made her master happy, and that was what mattered most.

"Really... You know I would never discard you. Besides, you should also know that I'll always need your help. After all, you still haven't told me the locations of many world items," Lucian said as he gently stroked Suzune's cheek, causing her wings to flutter, though it shouldn't have been possible. Then, a black shadow materialized, distancing them.

"Master, I think that should be enough..." Mei mei said as she materialized, clutching Lucian's collar.

"You're getting a little too close to her..." She continued, gripping his collar.

"I thought we had an agreement?" Lucian asked with a hidden smile beneath his avatar.

"Khhh." Mei mei could only grit her teeth as she loosened her grip.

"I'm sorry... That was rude of me, as a maid," Mei mei apologized.

"It's fine, Mei mei. You'll always be my first," Lucian said as he embraced her and patted her back, soothing her anger.

[Developer Connected!]

[Management: Please state your wish, and any other things you might have to clarify.]

A notification appeared, followed by a message.

Lucian immediately summoned a golden keyboard in front of him and began typing.

[Lucian Aeternus: I want to create a guild with only 3 players...]

[Management: Are you sure that you want to wish for this?]

[Lucian Aeternus: Yes.]

[Management: Please wait a moment while I review the policies to check if it violates any of them...]

A brief pause, then a message appeared.

[Management: Your wish is granted. The development team will enable your request in under 20 minutes. Please make sure not to log out; otherwise, the initiated process will become ineffective, and the item's usefulness will be used.]

[Management: Thank you for always playing Yggdrasil. Continue to play and discover the hidden mysteries in the world of Yggdrasil.]

"It's finally done," Lucian said with a smile.

"They're not going to decline your request because the policies don't forbid it. In fact, it's probably an easy job for them," Suzune remarked as she held Lucian's hand.

"Is that so? Then should I have just asked you to help me?" Lucian asked, looking at Suzune.

"Hmph. I wouldn't have been able to do that due to my authority, but you could've asked the head dev for it," Suzune said.

"And where's the fun in that?" Lucian replied.

"You're saying that after obtaining cheat classes and blackmailing the authorities into letting you keep cheating. What a scumbag!" Suzune teased, though her voice sounded sweet.

"Master has been a scumbag from the beginning. But why are you calling him that? As a perfect maid, I shouldn't bear to hear someone call Master a scumbag," Mei mei chimed in, suddenly brandishing the two black and white blades Lucian had given her.

"Oh, do you want me to call you a pervert instead? Don't forget that I know more than you should've let me..." Suzune playfully said, giggling.

Mei mei's eyes darkened as she looked at Suzune before asking Lucian, "Master, do you mind if I reset this wretched angel to level 1 so she can grind a little more alone?"

"Mei Mei, let's leave her be. We're still indebted to Suzune. She spent countless nights building the Nexuses. So let it slide. Besides," Lucian continued as he held both their hands, "I think we should all be more friendly, shouldn't we?"

Suzune couldn't help but roll her eyes at the shamelessness of Lucian's words.

"Master, you truly love playing with fire..." Mei mei said in a voice that sounded threatening but was actually quite sweet.

"Of course... If I don't play with fire, despite being the [Candle of Eternal flame], then who will?" Lucian quipped, holding his hands up and shrugging his shoulders. Suddenly, a new notification appeared.

[Your clan has reached the number limit to create a guild]

[3/3]

[Would you like to promote your clan into a guild?]

[Following benefits are entitled to guilds. Please read the terms and services properly.]

(You can skip the following terms and services. As for those who are nerdy 🤓 like me, please continue reading. Don't criticize me for potentially boring you just because I wanted to write something. Feel free to skip if you think it'll be boring.)

[«Clan-to-Guild Transition - Terms of Service»]

Congratulations on reaching the eligibility to transition your clan into a recognized Guild within the world of Yggdrasil. Before you proceed, please carefully review the following expanded Terms of Service, including guild weapons and NPC creations:

• 1 - Eligibility:

- To be eligible for transitioning from a clan to a Guild, your clan must meet the following criteria:

- Have a minimum of 20 active members.

- Maintain a clan base for at least 3 consecutive months.

- Demonstrate 800 CC(Clan Contribution) contributions to the in-game community.

• 2 - Application Process:

- Submit an official application for Guild recognition, which will now include your plans for a Guild weapon.

- Upon approval, your clan leader will be granted Guild Master status, and the clan will officially become a Guild.

• 3 - Responsibilities of Guild Master:

- As the Guild Master, you are responsible for:

- Upholding the game's Code of Conduct and ensuring Guild members adhere to it.

- Managing Guild resources, including the Guild Base, Treasury, and Guild Weapon.

- Inviting and managing Guild members, promoting a welcoming and inclusive environment.

- Resolving internal conflicts and issues within the Guild.

• 4 - Guild Base and Storage:

- Your Guild will have an expanded data storage, provided you have an exclusive Guild Base and expanded storage facilities, will include storage for the Guild Weapon.

- Proper management and utilization of these resources are expected.

• 5 - Guild Weapon:

- Guilds may create a Guild Weapon, which possesses superior data storage compared to any divine-class weapon. 

- The Guild Weapon symbolizes the Guild's strength and unity.

- If the Guild Weapon is destroyed, the Guild will disband, and all members will be labeled as losers for failing to safeguard it.

• 6 - NPC Creation:

- Guilds have the ability to use NPC storages granted by any base conquered by the Guild.

- NPCs created by the Guild are absolutely loyal and will defend the Guild, even after a change in Guild leadership.

- In the event of a Guild's defeat and a change in Guild leadership, the new Guild Master may retain partial access to the Guild's resources, including the treasury.

• 7 - Community Engagement:

- Guilds are encouraged to actively engage with the larger in-game community by participating in events, collaborations, and community-driven activities.

• 8 - Code of Conduct:

- Guild members are expected to adhere to the game's Code of Conduct, promoting a positive and respectful gaming environment. (PS: PS: No racism, No homophobia, No bigotry. You can be misogynistic though. - It's a joke -)

• 9 - Termination of Guild Status:

- Guild status may be revoked if the Guild Master or members violate the game's rules and regulations.

• 10 - Amendments:

- These Terms of Service may be subject to amendments by the game administrators. Guilds will be notified of any changes in advance.

By proceeding with the transition from clan to Guild, you acknowledge your understanding and acceptance of these Terms of Service. We wish you the best of luck in your journey as a recognized Guild within the world of Yggdrasil. Enjoy your continued adventures, safeguard your Guild Weapon, and utilize the power of loyal NPCs to protect your Guild!

Lucian sighed as he read through the lengthy terms and services. After finding everything appropriate, he tapped on the option to promote their clan into a guild, and the guild base appeared. The screen then asked if there were any necessary changes before submitting the guild base for review.

"Suzune, help me out. I need to sort out this world item as one of the guild essentials," Lucian requested, and Suzune immediately moved closer, leaning in to look at the screen with a smile. She was ready to assist him in any important task.

"Let me see..." Suzune said with a smile as she examined the spherical amethyst star-like object at the top of the guild-the one with rings encapsulating it.

"What on Earth?!" Suzune shouted, a bead of sweat forming on her forehead as she finally realized what the item was.

"N-neutron..." Suzune muttered as she looked at yet another world item that she hadn't expected to see.

"Yep, it's the [Neutron Aether Ever-Star]," Lucian replied with a smile.

"What kind of item is that, master?" Mei mei asked, not familiar with the item.

"It's another world-class item, but it's not that useful..."

"Not useful when used for a singular object! You're a maniac, freak, and a genius!" Suzune exclaimed in a mix of fear, frustration, and admiration.

"That was supposed to be a useless world item to power other useless items," Suzune began explaining.

"You've literally been using world-class Battle Rings as an energy siphoning source and powering the entire base with them. Just how did you get that idea? And how did you get this item in the first place? It was supposed to be unavailable and buried at the bottom of the [Seventh Neurastral Ocean]," Suzune continued.(By powering here, it doesn't mean it's replaced for maintenance cost. It's something else, that will be explained later.)

Suzune then had a realization. "No way? You explored the entirety of the Seventh Ocean?"

"Not the entirety, but most of it," Lucian replied with a smile.

"Well, master always had a fascination with the ocean. He used to watch old videos of the real clean ocean, that were recorded and salvaged..." Mei mei commented.

"Hoh... I never knew that," Suzune said as she noted it in her memory, where she kept everything about Lucian.

"Leaving that aside, you already know what it does. Make it an essential for the guild so that it doesn't get rejected," Lucian said as he patted Suzune's head, even though she might want to refuse because she had other plans.

"How about giving me another reward?" Suzune asked cheekily.

"Really?" Lucian asked with twitching lips, although not visible in the avatar.

"Master, do you want me to sever her head from her body? I think she's being a bit too much," Mei mei said, her eyes darkening.

"No, it's fine. It's just a kiss. It's a casual thing people do overseas. Besides, at least she's not asking for my hand in marriage. It's still acceptable," Lucian said with a giggle, trying to play it off as a joke.(I'm just using the stereotype here. Nothing much)

"Okay, let me see..." Suzune said as she held the screen and started fiddling with it.

After 20 minutes, she was finally done.

"It's done. It won't affect the guild formation now," Suzune said.

"Thanks, Suzune," Lucian said as he looked at the processing information.

Unlike other guilds that took a minimum of 2 working hours to be approved, this time, Lucian was already notified of his guild's approval after just 5 minutes.

[Congratulations on forming a Guild! The obligatory gifts have been added to your inventory]

"So, the base is finally in effect?" Mei mei asked.

"Yep, and now all we need to do is climb the ranking," Lucian said.

"And why do you want to do that?" Suzune asked.

"Because it's fun?" Lucian replied.

_____________________________________________________

Advance Chapters on my Patreon.

Patreon.com/AzazelGrim

35