Rated C
110 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before long, five devices were arranged in front of the instructor. These devices took the form of cubes, projecting an array of ever-changing patterns.

"The initial assessment will occur here. Everyone, line up behind the devices."

The applicants obediently formed a queue behind the devices, splitting into five groups.

Staff members positioned themselves behind each device, closely overseeing the proceedings.

"Place your hand on the cube and release your mana," the instructor called out.

The individuals at the forefront followed the instructor's directive, causing the pattern within the cube to shift once more, revealing a letter this time.

"Rated D!"

"Rated D!"

"Rated F!"

"Rated C!"

"Rated F!"

The staff stationed behind each device announced the ratings. The notion that everyone could hear their assessment made those with low skill potential feel a bead of sweat forming on their foreheads, anticipating potential embarrassment. Fortunately, only their skill potential was discernible, not the specific skill itself.

Subsequently, one by one, the applicants took their turns.

"Rated B!"

All eyes turned towards a woman standing in a particular group, and before her, the device displayed the letter "B."

"Rated A!"

However, another exclamation drew their attention. On the opposite side, a young man stood behind the device. He appeared to be around 16 or 17, and while he still carried an air of youthful immaturity, his skill potential exuded an aura of authority that deterred any potential mocking. Even George, who disliked being outshone, refrained from displaying his discontent openly.

The young man glanced around, noticing the focused attention on him. He bashfully lowered his head and retreated to a more secluded spot.

Dante's gaze also shifted towards him.

***

It was soon George's turn.

Observing George, Dante surmised that he was likely aiming for a two-star Medal. The Medals awarded in this place rarely exceeded two stars. The tests for obtaining three stars or higher were more formal and stringent, unlike the one or two-star assessments, which candidates could retake regularly.

"He's aiming for a two-star Medal," Dante mused as he watched George step forward. In truth, George was already a one-star Holder and didn't need to partake in the initial assessment.

Over time, the skills of Holders continued to evolve, creating a love-hate relationship with dungeons. Time passed differently within dungeons, providing an advantage to Holders as more time means their Skill will be more powerful, but it still depends on the Skill potential. Those with a one-star Medal could retake the assessment if they believed their skill had improved.

"Rated B!" Dante was already aware of his Skill potential, so the announcement didn't surprise him, nor did it surprise those around him.

"Wow! Young Master truly is impressive!"

"With a B-rated potential, your future looks promising!"

"So impressive!"

Only three exclamations echoed, all from George's companions. Seeing the lack of response from the other Holders, George felt a twinge of frustration. However, when he heard his companions' encouraging words, he puffed out his chest with even more pride.

One by one, the Holders took their turns. Dante's moment was steadily approaching, and as he waited, he inquired of the system.

"How are you going to do it"

"Host, you only need to place your hand on the device," the system's emotionless voice reverberated in his mind.

"So simple?" Dante murmured to himself. His turn came soon after. Due to the earlier commotion, all eyes turned to Dante. They were eager to witness his Skill potential, given how he had subdued George.

Dante pressed his hand against the cube. He could feel its cold surface, and he heard the system's voice.

"Because Skills originating from the system lack an inherent rating, the Host will be the one to designate the emulated rating," the system explained.

"Set the cube to display a rating of C," Dante replied after careful consideration. He wished to avoid drawing any further attention to himself, having already stood out prominently since acquiring the system. However, he knew this was a mere wishful thought.

Soon, Dante could sense a warm current coursing through his body. This unfamiliar energy flowed into his hand and made contact with the cube. It was a different sensation compared to the coolness of mana; warm, yet soothing.

The pattern on the cube continued to shift until it displayed a C.

"Rated C!"

Suddenly, murmurs spread throughout the vicinity. Some seemed disappointed that Dante's Skill Potential was only a C, but they still admired him for besting George. It was a proven fact that Skill potential alone couldn't determine the true strength of a Holder. Some Holders with modest Skill potential were renowned for their ingenious use of their Skills.

Michael possessed a Skill potential rated as C, enabling him to augment his speed, granting him swiftness. If he diligently honed his physical prowess and used this Skill with precision, he had the potential to surpass a Holder with a higher-rated potential. Naturally, it also depended on the nature of the opposing Holder's Skill. Even if one boasted a potential rating of B or higher, if their Skill solely permitted teleportation without bolstering their physical attributes, a Holder with a D-rated Skill that heightened their physical prowess could still pose a lethal threat.

Most of the participants comprehended this, but upon hearing the announcement, George couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"HAHAHAHA! I was just caught off guard, that's why he managed to land a punch!" George exclaimed, his voice echoing through the area. The other Holders regarded him with a mix of disdain, though quickly concealing their expressions, fearing potential repercussions.

Having seized an opportunity to salvage his wounded pride, George wore a self-assured grin as if he were recounting an absolute truth. His three companions chimed in with enthusiastic agreement, while Jacob could only manage a wry smile.

"Yes, the young master didn't even use his Skill back then!" one of George's companions affirmed. While accurate, they were also aware that Dante hadn't utilized his Skill.

'Fools,' Jacob thought, not entirely surprised that someone with only a C-rated potential could outmatch George.

George and his trio of companions were inseparable, going so far as to undergo rigorous training to emulate George's physique.

Dante, annoyed by their laughter, regarded them with a steely gaze. George and his companions fell silent, a chill running down their spines. However, George's glare persisted.

"Does he possess any semblance of common sense? I just defeated him, and he still dares to taunt me?" Dante concluded that George was beyond reasoning. This only further fueled his determination to seek revenge against them.

After a while.

The Skill Potential Assessment concluded, leaving the audience in awe with two additional A-ratings. Those rated as F still had a chance in the upcoming assessment, provided they could demonstrate the usefulness of their skill.

They were led to an expansive open field, featuring five platforms, each as large as a basketball court. Dante marveled at the substantial investment made by both the Association and the Government in this facility.

Instructors were stationed at each platform, responsible for evaluating the Holders.

"Ahem!" The instructor overseeing Dante's platform cleared his throat loudly to command their attention.

"I will explain about the Skill Utilization Assessment. This assessment is simple, you only have to show your Skills. It includes those who already have a one star medal." The instructor addressed the Holders before him. Despite its apparent simplicity, many applicants often stumbled at this stage of the exam.

1