My little sister’s hair is long
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today’s Hairstyle: Full French Braid

"Onii-Chan, Saya’s done!” Saya runs over to me with her usual bun. She sits in the chair with her legs swinging excitedly.

“Saya, I can’t start if you keep moving so much,” I point out to her.

“Oh, sorry…” Her legs wilt as she settles down. She’s always ready for a new style and eager for what I can do.

“I know you’re excited, but it’s important that I focus. You don’t want me to ruin your hair, right?” I say, trying to teach her a lesson.

“N-No! You’re not allowed to mess Saya’s hair, no matter what!” She shakes her head back and forth, trying to convince me.

“Alright, then stay right where you are. Let’s begin!” I laugh. I quickly take out the pin that holds her honeybun together. Her hair unfurls down the chair and drops almost to the floor, with only a few centimeters to spare. As instructed, she made sure to properly wash her hair. I used to help her, but we’re getting too old to bathe together. It makes me glad to see she’s learning. I grab near the base of her light brown hair and clasp my fingers around the ends to maintain a proper flow. As it slides through my hand, the light from above makes her hair shimmer. Once I had done that a few times, I got out the comb and separated the strands. Each small follicle of hair was just as important as the next. If it wasn’t taken care of equally, they would die together rather than alone. Since I take care of Saya’s hair so often, it doesn’t have any knots. Letting my comb flow through the hair, waving and matching its feel. Now that it has loosened up a bit, I begin to grab two parts of her hair on the left and intertwine them together. It creates such a comforting feeling in my hand as each strand continues to be woven around each other. Round, and round the hair goes, where it will stop, no one may know. I finish after some time, and as I step back to view my work, I see a castle in the sky with a winding rope hanging down, carrying hundreds if not thousands with ease. Watching as they swing side to side on the rope, yet continue climbing. The determination with the overall sturdiness gives me hope that one day they can reach the top. I walk back and continue braiding her hair. Her right side goes a lot faster now that I’m comfortable with the technique. Since I switched out her hair products this week, it’s a familiarly new smell of a fresh spring garden. Littered with a plethora of fruits. Different smells of each along with the ground and the trees that surround it, giving them a unique smell combined. A peaceful moment for me. Soon after, I finish the second one and stand back. I’m once again amazed at how well I can do. Even just for my little sister.

“Done!” I puff my chest out, proud of my work. She jumps out of the chair and runs over to the mirror, looking at her hair.

“It’s so pretty! Saya looks like a Mad General!” She exclaims. Though it was far from what I was going for, I’m glad she enjoys it. She begins to shake her hair in an attempt to see the ends of it.

“Saya! I told you about doing that!” I hurriedly dash over to her in an attempt to keep all my work from being lost.

“But… Saya can’t see all of her hair… How will I know that Onii-Chan did a good job?” She whimpers at me.

“You have to trust me! Have I ever done you wrong?” I nervously joke.

“Hmm… Onii-Chan is right! Saya always looks great.” She joyously nods, agreeing with me. As she poses in the mirror, acting out her dreams of being a Mad General, I take a look at the time. I begin to panic, seeing that I took so much time on her hair. School starts in about 30 minutes.

“Ok, Saya, I have to head out today. Remember what you promised me?” I grab my bag and begin heading for the door. I feel her grab onto my waist.

“Saya can’t go to school alone.” She squeaks, with her head drooping.

“Come on Saya, you’re 12 now. Big Girls don’t have their Big Brothers walk them to school.” I softly reply to her, patting her head.

“But… But… Saya doesn’t have anyone besides Onii-Chan! If Big Girls don’t have Onii-Chans, then I don’t wanna be one!” She cries out, shaking her head meekly, trying to hold me back.

“Saya…” I kneel down to her.

“I don’t want you to leave me, Onii-Chan. Papa and Mama already have, I can’t lose you too!” She wipes off her tears as more keep falling. My heart cracks, knowing that this is eating at her. It’s been years since they passed, but she was too young to even remember their faces.

“Saya, I’m not going anywhere. No matter where I go, I promise I’ll never leave you behind… Do you trust me to do that?” I smile to give her reassurance. She slowly nods.

“I trust you, Onii-Chan, but if you lie… Saya will get really angry!” She pouts as her tears come to a close.

“Yes, ma'am! Now you’re going to be late to school if you don’t get ready.” I smile as I get back up and head for the door. She waves to me as she prepares. The door closes and I exhale, relieved that it went well.

I promptly run for my life as I barely have any time to get to school. It feels as if I’ll never make it, but I begin to see the school. As it gets closer, I turn a corner and see hair?!

I crash into a girl.

“Ouch… Are you alright?” I groan, rubbing my head.

“I’ll be alright.” She responds to me. Rather than noticing what she was saying, I heard her voice. It was comforting and quiet. A bit higher than most voices, but I didn’t mind. Then I opened my eyes and that’s where it truly hit me what I had seen. Her hair was a French Violet, it draped over her front, running all the way down to her knees. It looks almost perfect. I couldn’t say perfect because it wasn’t done by me! But… Man, was it close.

“Hair- Hello! I’m Suta! Let me help you up!” I dash to her side and reach out my hand.

“Ah- I’m Maizuru. Thanks for your help.” She gives me a bright smile.

My heart almost exploded before I could say anything else.

“Do you want to walk together?” My heart spoke before my head. I wanted to get mad at it.

“Sure.” She giggled. But my heart had just helped me introduce myself.

I find this one to be really cute. Sadly, this isn't my full vision because I was on a time crunch near the end... But I do know what I want to fix that at some point. If there's enough favorites, I might... Yea, you knew I had to make sure I slapped it in somewhere. Heh. Anyways, See you next Friday!

0