38. New Employees
794 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I will greatly appreciate if you decide to show your support towards my content through tip on PayPal or Ko-fi. Thanks for support anyway even if you don't decide to do it.

_______________________

All four total was around 76 gold coins which was more than normal according to Irene. But when I checked the document I understood why. The bubbly girl was some kind of lesser noble from another country with tons of conditions in her contract - priced at 25 Gold, while the elf was priced at 35 Gold, the mother daughter combo was priced at 10 gold with only two conditions attached one owner can't separate the two for any reason or harm them and two the lady would do anything as long as her daughter was cared for and raised as the owner's own child, and lastly our dear cat girl who had expressions that spelled doom priced at 6 Gold. 

The contracts were some kind of magic that forced both parties to adhere to it otherwise the one in fault would experience insurmountable pain in his/her chest until the terms are fulfilled or they die.

I paid the full price and took them to our home. Once we all reached our home I gathered them in the main empty ground floor area to explain what I wanted from them.

Hikaru - So from today I wish for you to work for me in this shop as my employees. You will be paid for it don't worry and you will not be under the pressure of doing anything else for me. You can choose to deny working for me in that case you must pay me at least half the amount I paid for you guys. Any questions?

All four had their mouth open and shut as if they just had a brain freeze then the Cat girl humphed which caught everyone's attention. 

Cat girl - Are you right in your mind ? Can you not see what condition I am in ? Or do you still expect me to work like this ?

Hikaru - As long as you stay under my roof I promise to protect you, feed you & keep your honour intact. That includes healing you... Don't worry you will be just like before in no time...

Cat girl - Are you kidding me !? No healer in the whole world can heal this much injuries ! Are you claiming to be better than all those priests !? Is this a scam ?

Hikaru - Come here and eat this.

I gave her five energy bars and touched her scared eye with my palm. 

Hikaru - Eat it when you feel hungry...

Cat girl - What the hell ar...e..whoahhhh !! What the fuck !!!?

She must be feeling the changes in her body for me it never felt like much maybe it's different for others. And just as I expected before I did even half of the work on her eye she started eating the energy bars as if hungry for days. And It was done just like that. 

When I removed my palm everyone gasped behind me. I asked her to slowly open her eyes and she did. But when her eyes settled with her surroundings and found my eyes she started crying like a child and threw herself into my arms. It was ugly crying yet wholesome sight to see I just patted her head until she stopped and separated. 

Elf - Howw..! How is that possible ? No Human can do such a feat !!

Cat girl - Can..uhm..can..you..sob...heal the..re..

Hikaru - I can but I won't. Just as you experienced your body can't endure so much healing at once. You need to eat a lot and preserve energy to regenerate those healings elements inside your body. 

Cat girl - Pr...sob....promise?

Hikaru - Didn't I just say protection is included in your working contract ? Nothing can harm you or stop me from healing you as long as you are with me...

Cat girl - I promise.. No I pledge myself in your service master !

Hikaru - Good, You should call me just Hikaru though.

Cat girl - Thank you, Hikaru. I will never forget this kindness...!

Hikaru - What about you three ?

Bubbly blonde - What did you mean by work for you? We are your slaves aren't we ? You can Just order us to do so...

Hikaru - Well let's just say I am not big fan of this slavery stuff. I bought you because I need people who can work for me and whom I can trust plus It would take days to interview and find people that fits my requirements. 

The mother - Are you saying that we are free to choose this ? What if we refuse ?

Elf - There is no way a greedy thing as human would do that...

Hikaru - Of Course I am not running a charity here. But just as I said you can leave if you want to but you need to pay half the amount I bought you in. If you work one year here then you can leave without paying anything I will consider your debt paid. Of course you will also receive your monthly salary that is a separate thing.

Bubbly blonde - WHAT !!?

the mother - Impossible...But you will lose money that way....

Elf - See just as I said too good to be true.... why are you even wasting your time with this scam ? Just order us it's not like we can disobey you....

Hikaru - Just as I said I don't like slavery... I am by no means a good guy let's just say I hate people who think they can control other people and exploit them. So if I could buy and release all the slaves in this country I would but it's not possible... I am just a man after all. And miss elf you can go if you want you just have to change the terms of our contract a bit....

Bubbly blonde - Is it really the truth ? I can go home if I work for a year ?

Hikaru - Yes, though it depends on you. You can choose to continue doing your job if you like it. Of course we will add that into the new contract too.

The mother - My conditions... What if I don't want to alter my contact ?

Hikaru - Rest assured, the contract renewal is for your peace of mind. We can definitely proceed with the original conditions. Know this though I will feed and protect your daughter as long as you decide to work for me I promise that.

The mother - I accept your terms, Mr Hikaru. And thank you for accepting my request.

Bubbly blonde - I also accept the deal, though I would like to revise the contract if possible...

Hikaru - Of Course. Three people. What about you elf San ?

Elf - My country needs me, even if we change the contract I don't have money to give you and I can't wait for a year.... The war would be over by then... My family...

Hikaru - It's fine. You can go to your home, but first we will change the contract to ' i vow to pay the half of money I was bought in by Hikaru. ' Deal ?

Elf - You would just let me go like that ?

Hikaru - You know what happens when you break the contract right ? Is there a way you can cheat it ? 

Elf - Yes. No I can't.

Hikaru - Is two years enough?

Elf - Yes. I promise on my honour as an elf warrior to pay my debt to you once the war is over or die trying. 

Hikaru - Good enough.

I nodded and turned towards the other three and smiled.

Hikaru - Anyway welcome you three to our family. 

    

23