The Date
6 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking a sip of my drink, I looked out the large window next to our booth. The restaurant looked over the large river several miles out of town. The moon rose slowly, showing off its half-lit side. The setting sun left its peach colour on the clouds.

Over dinner, we made small talk, and I got Leo up to speed from last night's drama at Jack’s.

“Next time you get a call like that, please call me,” he affirmed.

“I didn’t think you used the ladies’ room,” I teasingly smirked as he laughed.

“You know what I mean. The vamps could have still been there. You could’ve run into more trouble.”

“Hm.”

 I thought back to the night. I was focused on Seri and Quinn, that I didn’t think about any lurking dangers. I should’ve called for backup.

Come to think of it…

“I don’t have your number…” I thought out loud, embarrassed.

 “You really don’t use your phone much, huh?” he laughed and gave me his phone.

 

“I was going to ask if that was Quinn next to Seri. Has she come around?”

“It was, and she has. I think you need to change your name to Mr Right.”

He grinned sneakily, and I felt I would regret saying that later. The waitress came closer to the table stopping our conversation.

“All finished? Would you like to see our dessert menu?”

Leo looked at me, and I nodded.

“Yes, please,” he answered.

“You just don’t want to go back to Seri and Quinn yet,” he whispered as she walked away momentarily.

“No,” I defended, “I’m enjoying our time together,” I said, browsing the menu the waitress placed on the table.

Leo plucked it from my hands and glanced over it, “You knew what you were having before you ordered your main,” he stated.

I laughed, “How did you know that?”

“Easy,” he smirked, “You looked over the deserts first before the main.”

 Smiling I ask, “Want to share a chocolate cake?”

He replied with a smile, “Only if there is a scoop of ice cream on the side.”

I grabbed the server's attention to order when I noticed out of the corner of my eye who was serving at the bar.

 ‘Shit.

My hand faulted and played with my hair instead and I retrained my attention to Leo.

“Who have you seen?” Leo leaned forward, eyebrows raised.

“Hm? No one,” I feigned innocence.

His eyes narrowed in disbelief; after a few moments, I yielded.

“Lathen, I knew he worked here, but usually, he doesn’t work Sunday night. He’s behind the bar.”

I didn’t know if Lathen had seen us yet, and I would have preferred it if he didn’t.

“You know I was going to offer to host a circle,” Leo said, diverting the conversation and causing me to focus back on him.

“But?”

“But it would be unfair to invite some and not all. Have Quinn and Devan spoken yet?”

“Not that I know of, but Quinn has begun to realise her fathers’ dislike of me, and she knows she was in the wrong. I think it's only a matter of time before they get back together.”

“You sound sure.”

“They are crazy for each other. Quinn doesn’t make sense without Devan and Vice Versa.”

 

“Then, there’s you being weird around Lathen.”

I rolled my eyes, distraction unsuccessful, “I don’t know if I should wait for him to come to me or…”

“Well, the last time he came to you, look at what happened.”

My eyebrows twitched up; Lathen got slapped by Moi.

“An independent woman like you will be able to handle him.” Leo leaned back into his seat with a grin.

I smiled, “Oh, but I thought I was a damsel in distress?”

“That’s only when I’m around,” he said proudly.

I giggled, “You’ll just have to wait until we are all back to normal.”

“Or… we could have a circle. Just you and me.”

I looked at him suspiciously, to which he wiggled his eyebrows. He had me in stitches.

 

I took in a deep breath as we left. I was going to kill Seri.

It was cold.

I rubbed my hands together just as something warm covered my shoulders: Leo’s jacket. He pulled me to his side, wrapping his arm around my shoulders as we walked to the car.


Despite Seri’s warning, I didn’t get to my house by 10 p.m. I glanced around at the windows; no one was peering out.

“Thank you for tonight. I enjoyed it,” I said, turning to Leo.

“Good. Maybe we should make it a regular thing,” he smiled.

“I would like that,” I said, matching his smile.

He reached for my hand, “I would also like it if…” he trailed off, not finishing his sentence.

I looked up from our hands. He was watching the house, and my eyes rolled, fully aware of what was happening.

Flipping my hand downwards behind my back without looking, I mumbled, “Shadefurlum.”

The blinds and curtains close to the peeping eyes. Looking impressed, he returned his eyes to me.

“You were saying…?” I encouraged, smiling.

He chuckled, “I would like it if you said yes to us being official.”

“You’ve not asked me yet,” I pointed out.

He smirked, “Lexi–”

“Yes.” I cut him off.

He leaned down and kissed me, “Too adorable.”

I blushed at his statement and shushed him.

“Come on. I think Seri is dying to know what happened.”

I groaned at his statement as he ushered me towards the porch. Lo and behold, Seri was gawking from the living room window. She realised she had been caught and disappeared.

 

Before I got to the door, I turned to Leo once more. I was a step higher than him, the perfect height to reach him.

I put my hands on his shoulders. He grasped my waist, and he kissed me goodnight.

Ahem. No canoodling in public.”

I broke away and turned to Seri, giving her evil eyes.

I heard him chuckle and whispered in my ear, “Dream of me tonight.”

I turned my glare to him as he walked backwards until I entered the house and shut the door.

 

Seri started when the door shut, “Lexandria, it is 10:43 pm; you are grounded! …Unless you spill!” She rudely pointed a finger at me.

“You are such a cockblock,” Quinn whinged to Seri.

“I don’t want our girl to give everything away on the first date,” Seri claimed.

“Oh, my gods,” I said slowly in response to Seri, feeling a blush rise.

“She has a point, Lexi,” Quinn agreed.

I rolled my eyes and began to walk upstairs, face possibly beyond red.

“Hey! Come on, girl, spill!” Seri protested.

“It’s a school night, and I’ll tell you tomorrow, promise. Right now, I’m exhausted.” I yawned the last sentence.

Our phones buzzed in unison just before I disappeared up the stairs.

Lathen sent a message to the group chat. Opening the conversation, I saw a photo of Leo and I walking out of the restaurant with his arm around me. The caption read, ‘Had a nice date, Lex?’

All three of us looked at each other. Seri started to grin.

“Good night, princesses,” I said, fleeing upstairs.

“Good night!” Quinn said, no doubt pushing Seri into the spare bedroom.

As I got to my room and shut the door, I couldn’t stop the smile on my face. The photo had been ‘liked’ by Devan and Leo. I saved the picture Lathen had sent and decided to reply before I slept.

[Yes, I did! Thanks for asking 😊]


Pendle

She stood over his lover with an athame in hand; She had been planning this for years.

She pointed the tip to the woman's shoulder while they slept soundly. Pushing the athame into her soft shoulder, she began her spell.

It was child's play. No protection to stop her. It was almost like she was begging for it.

He would regret trying to replace her with another.

A sinister smile crept onto her face as the room glowed green.

Creak.

She could not stop; it was nearly finished. Everything led up to this moment: the preparation, the endless need for more potent magic. As the door opened, she looked him dead in the eye. With a blink, she was gone, and her spell was left behind.

2