Chapter 10: It’s been Five Years…
159 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

LILIANNA

EEU87NK.jpg

They wouldn’t place a hidden camera in the bathroom, would they…

Lilianna glanced up and scanned every cranny. She wasn’t confident in her ability to find hidden cameras, and similarly, she couldn’t be sure Damon wouldn’t hide a camera in a bathroom. In the end, she decided to get in the tub with some clothes on. She wouldn’t let him see Phoenix like that.

The warm water swished against the tub when Lilianna entered, the waves gently splashing her body. Her head rested on the rim as she gazed upwards at the ceiling.

“I wonder how she’s doing…” Lilianna’s throat constricted at the thought of Phoenix in Galathia. Maybe it was because she was now aware of the time-loop, but that world felt empty. Lifeless. She wasn’t even certain if the people in it were alive since they kept repeating the same actions every loop. At least everyone around Lily Bianca did. She didn’t want Phoenix to experience what she did.

Lilianna sensed traces of Lily Bianca’s essence in that body, but she had never been able to talk to her. She loved people, hated wars, and tried everything she could to prevent tragedies from happening. Lilianna would have done the same if she had Lily Bianca’s abilities.

If she had her abilities, it would be easier to get Phoenix out of this mansion. 

The water softly rippled against Lilianna’s chest. She had already stopped moving minutes ago. The water should have been still. 

Lilianna closed her eyes, submerged half of her head in water, and thought.

A part of her soul had merged with Lily Bianca’s. Her body considered Lilianna as its owner and pulled Lilianna back into Galathia if it lacked a soul. It used her to fuel it and move according to the time-loop.

If a part of her had merged with Lily Bianca, could Lilianna also wield her abilities? This phenomenon that had turned her life into a nightmare for five years– could it help her save Phoenix from Damon?

Lilianna’s eyes snapped open, and she surveyed the bath water. Lily Bianca could create and manipulate elements as if she was breathing. If Lilianna was lucky, she’d get a fraction of her powers.

Lilianna sat up, and drops of warm water rolled down her neck to the curve of her spine. She took a long inhale and pictured a bubble rising from the water, similar to how she would manifest the environment in her dream. 

The water brushed against her knee before forming a tiny bubble. Lilianna stared at it for a moment. It dropped back into the bathtub, causing a small splash. A smile escaped her lips. She could use it. However she wanted to! 

She lifted up another small bubble with her mind. This time, she consciously visualized it floating above water, and it did! Lilianna felt like she was floating just like that bubble. 

There was a time when Lily Bianca was kidnapped by Astor in an attempt to get her to marry him. Lily Bianca used a butterfly to flutter around the castle and scan for escape routes. Could she do it with a bubble?

Lilianna glanced at the window beside her. She grabbed its handle and slightly slid it open. Then, she moved back into the water and summoned another bubble. This time, she injected some of her essence into it. Lilianna could feel her body’s consciousness clouding, and when her mind focused again, everything appeared larger. 

She was able to see in the bubble. Lilianna floated up and up until she could slip through the tiny opening of the window, but before she could go further, a strong gust of wind burst the bubble. 

Lilianna’s focus snapped back to Phoenix’s body. Her head felt like it was pricked with needles. She’d have to retry another day when it wouldn’t be as windy.

After taking a bath and dressing up, Lilianna walked back to the bedroom. The scent of lavender shampoo lingered in her nose. Cold air from the air conditioner prickled her skin as she walked over to the bedside table and called for food.

Fifteen minutes later, there was a knock on the door. 

“Come in!”

A woman around Lilianna and Phoenix’s age walked in with a tray. She had murmured her ‘thanks’ to someone from the outside. Her hair was tied up in a bun, but there were multiple flyaways. 

The room was instantly filled with a citrus savory aroma. On the tray, there was baked seafood paired with corn and potato. Lilianna gulped, feeling her stomach growling.

The woman swiftly glanced at Lilianna’s clothes and bruised face before putting her food on the coffee table. 

“Hello.” Lilianna started.

“Good afternoon, miss.” The woman bowed her head slightly. 

Lilianna rubbed her head sluggishly and smiled, “what’s your name?”

“You can call me Jessie, miss.”

Lilianna got up from the bed and stumbled. Jessie hurriedly came over to help her. Phoenix was taller than her, so Jessie struggled to keep her stable. 

“Thank you, Jessie. I wish I could tell you my name,” Lilianna lamented

Jessie’s gaze turned towards her, pity evident in her eyes. “What do you mean?”

“Jessie, I know this might sound like an odd question.” Lilianna carefully settled herself on the chair. Jessie waited for her to continue.

“Have you met me before?” Lilianna whispered as she glanced up at Jessie. The woman slowly shook her head and diverted her eyes, as if trying to find words to say. She couldn’t find any, so their conversation eventually lapsed in silence.

“You see, my memories aren’t exactly the clearest right now,” Lilianna laughed lightly, but her face showed a hint of worry.

“Damon… what’s exactly my relationship with him?” Lilianna’s eyebrows furrowed as if she was trying her hardest to remember. Her voice trembled and carried a hint of desperation.

Jessie looked at her in tears. She hesitated for one moment before stuttering, “I- I’m not sure. I haven’t seen him bring you here before.” 

Lilianna sighed. 

“Can you please stay here as I eat? I really need someone to talk to right now.”

“Okay.”

It was, after all, easier for Lilianna to gather information through another person than by using Lily Bianca’s abilities.

According to Jessie, today was Sunday and Damon was busy preparing for Game Night. Every Sunday it seemed he would invite guests over for an event and share the finest food and drinks. Lilianna rejoiced at the thought that she would not see him again tonight.

Lilianna asked if she could go outside to get fresh air, but like she suspected, Damon ordered his workers not to let Phoenix outside. Jessie offered to tour her around the house, though, to which Lilianna happily accepted.

After she finished eating, Jessie fixed up her tray and told her to use her as a crutch when they were touring around the house. What a nice person… Lilianna made a mental note not to involve her too much in the escape.

After chatting with Jessie for a few hours, Lilianna had an idea of her limitations in the mansion. It seemed Damon let his guard down a little when he realized Phoenix’s amnesia.

She was free to roam about everywhere in the upper floors, but she was only allowed to go to the kitchen and dining room downstairs. Most of the rooms downstairs were locked, apparently. She noticed some security cameras around the house too, so it would be difficult to sneak around and leave through the front door unnoticed. She wasn’t even sure about the hidden cameras.

“Jessie?” Their tour was nearing its end, and the maid had taken her downstairs to show the kitchen. Privy to her coworkers' curious glances, Jessie gladly chatted with them and gave them an overview of the situation. She told them how Damon had assigned her to be Phoenix’s personal maid.

It seemed she had gotten a little distracted, so Lilianna had to call her back in for some more questions.

Jessie swiftly moved back to her side, her smile apologetic, “yes miss?”

“When did you say the guests were coming?”

Right after saying that, the noise erupted from the front door. Jessie’s face paled, and she hastily dragged Lilianna upstairs. “Let’s go, miss!” 

As she was getting nudged in the middle of the stairs, Lilianna heard, “it’s finally Macallan M night!” 

Jessie lightly pushed her through the door, her eyes scanning the outside left and right.

“No matter what, please do not leave the room until further notice,” Jessie’s voice squeaked as she closed the door and left Lilianna alone in the room.

When Lilianna was being pushed upstairs, she took a glance at Damon’s guests. Most of them appeared like they were around the same age as him, some maybe in their 20s. Most of the faces were familiar to her, so she thought they must have been from prominent families. However, one person in particular caught her eye. 

His eyes were a warm shade of brown, and his hair cut neatly. His back was straight, his hair showed streaks of gray, and he walked alongside Damon. Lilianna’s stomach dropped. 

That was her brother. 

Before she knew it, she had been dragged upstairs, door closed, alone in the room. Lilianna pursed her lips. She felt like she had been doused in an iced bath. Her brother maintained his warm demeanor, but he carried himself with more confidence. His hair that had been kept long before was now an undercut. 

She wasn’t surprised to see him in this mansion. He had been friends with Damon for a while.

But she didn’t expect him to look so different. Lilianna had been avoiding thinking about the time she lost in this world, but now she had been dragged back to reality. 

Phoenix’s appearance remained the same over the years, and she didn’t care for Damon so she hadn’t noticed, but this world continued moving while she was stuck in Galathia’s time-loop. Of course it did.

Five years. She had been gone for five years. Lilianna remembered Phoenix saying Isaac had already married. What other events could she have missed?

Lilianna sat down at the desk and rummaged through the drawers. She found a pad and a pen in the first compartment. She grabbed them and drew the layout of the mansion as she remembered it. 

Regardless of her feelings, she had to get Phoenix out of this place. There were cameras in the front door, in the kitchen, the corridors and the dining area. Those only included cameras that were easy to spot, but she didn’t know how many hidden cameras were in the mansion. 

She needed to ask for Phoenix’s input. Lilianna ripped the paper apart and etched the map in her mind. After preparing to go to bed, she lay down and waited for sleep to overcome her.

Hi, I'm alive!! I am currently finishing up with my short story. It's modern friends-to-lovers~ check it out if you want :) She's such a Flirt! It has smut, so if you’re not comfortable with that, feel free to skip it!

4