Chapter 1
1.5k 17 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Aargh”

In a dark and abandoned alleyway of God knows where, three people were gathered two on the floor knocked out cold and one sitting against the wall, Cain was pressing down on a stab wound on his stomach, blood kept on flowing out staining his hands and his abdomen, this was the first time he had ever gotten stabbed and he was experiencing pain he had never know before.

Just a few hours earlier Cain was in his room studying for his semester test which was to take place in about 8 hours, it was late there was so much to cover but very little time.

Cain was in his late teens, he lived with his parents and his little brother, he was nothing special just a normal guy, who had no plans or ideas about what to do with his live, he was also not a bad student, he actually had a good head on his shoulders but the problem was that he didn’t use it too much, he was lazy very very lazy and the result of that was the situation he was in right now, cramming the whole night, but even that was not going to be possible because just after a few hours due to boredom he slowly but surely started to doze off at the table.

Then it came like a lightning strike he was suddenly jolted awake.

“Huff huff” 

He was out of breath and on his knees, naked he could feel the cold nights air, the hard concrete beneath his feet, his body felt tired and heavy and pain was everywhere like his whole body was being pricked by needles.

He could hear loud sirens and dogs barking far behind him, there were people too, shouting but this only made his head hurt like hell, it was like he had been hit in the head with a pipe or some shit.

He didn’t know what was happening he looked around but he was definitely not in his room anymore but some place unrecognizable to him, his gut was telling him to run and the commotion behind him was only making it worse, so confused of his present situation and in pain he started moving in the opposite direction of the noise.

After running for what felt like an eternity to him, he made it to the edge, or more accurately a fence made of steel mesh, of where he was, it seems he was in some sort of port as there were shipping containers everywhere. 

As he stopped and looked around to learn about his surroundings, he heard the shouts of the people chasing him which he had guessed by now, they were getting closer so he quickly climbed it and resumed running away as far as he could.

It was ghost quite after the fence not a single car nor person could be seen on the roads but still not willing to risk it he dashed towards the nearest alleyway limping to find some cover, that’s where he ran into two men.

 It seemed like he ran into a guy who was mugging someone, one guy was knocked out cold on the floor and the mugger was going through his things.

Cain seeing this stopped like deer in front of headlights. 

The muggers too seeing a man suddenly appear out of nowhere panicked but seeing him stop and freeze like a statue he took the chance and lunged at him.

“fuck”

Before Cain could realize and do something, it was already too late he was stabbed in the stomach with a knife.

Adrenalin rushed into his blood and he instinctively threw a right hook at the guy who was still trying to push the knife further in and it must have been quite a strong hook cause the mugger immediately fell to the ground knocked out cold.

Cain too fell down he felt pain, unbearable pain but surprisingly did not pass out.

He slowly pulled out the knife and more blood started to flow out of the wound so he pushed down on it using his hands

He stayed like this for a while but it was a good thing for him as this break allowed him to catch his breath and clear his head a little.

When he finally felt the pain going down and that he had enough energy to move again he approached the knocked out mugger on all fours and started stripping him, he put on his hoodie and his pants along with his shoes but tore up his t shirt into strips and used it as a bandage for his wound, he also found some cash in his pockets it looked like a couple hundred dollars, seems like his guy had made a good haul tonight but had the bad luck of running into him or was it his own bad luck since he was the one who got stabbed.

He did not stay for long after, fearing the people chasing him might soon catch up again, he started moving again but this time even more slowly cause of the added pain.

After running around for an entire night and making sure that he wasn’t being followed, he finally found a motel in the morning.

He did not even think about going to a hospital he was feeling so weak and exhausted that all he could think about was some place with four walls to hide him, some place to rest his exhausted body and this place was exactly what he wanted.

“ting” the door rang as he entered, there was a middle age woman cleaning the counter.

“Welcome................. well, you looked like shit”

She remarked as she looked up and greeted him while chewing on a piece of gum and she was right he did look like shit the mugger’s clothes he stole were not exactly clean and he looked like he had not slept for days.

“Can I get a room” Cain asked

“Sureeee” She eyed him for some time then turned around and took out a key from the rack on the wall behind the counter.

He reached out to grab the keys but she pulled back her hand.

“$50 per night” she declared “cash only”

he shuffled through his pockets and gave her $50 from the money he took from the poor mugger.

He took the keys and went where she told him the room was, it was a small room with a bathroom attached, there was not much space inside but he did not care about that, he immediately laid down on the bed as soon as he entered, he was so exhausted and tired but finally he was safe, he didn’t know what it was but those weak looking walls made him feel safe and secure and with that feeling it didn’t take long for him to fall asleep.

so this is the first chapter to my first story I know it kind of lacks somethings but idk why I could not bring it to life and I feel like I’m going too fast but I’ve already edited it 5 times now and I thought what the hell let’s just publish it and here we are hope you like it

30