Prologue
473 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Welcome to a world that is similar to our own, but fundamentally different in one major way. Our story still takes place on Earth, but this Earth has had a much different history than ours. The main difference between our Earth and this one is the simple fact that in this one there is a small chance that you can be born with powerful abilities. This doesn’t just apply to the humans on the planet though. All living beings on this planet have a sliver of a chance to be born into greatness. Whether that be animals, planets, or even humans.

 

History very much began in the same way. I won’t go as far back to how this world originally got here, but there are some fundamentally different ways that certain events took place in history in this timeline. There was a dinosaur that was powerful enough to destroy the meteor that was supposed to wipe them out. Humans didn’t first discover fire, but instead there was a special human amongst them that was born with the ability to do so outright. Other similar events throughout history were also affected in similar ways. The ice age was caused by a massive ice breathing monster, the black plague was masterminded by one particularly evil man who lived during that time, and the Titanic sank because of a giant sea creature instead of an iceberg.

 

The people and creatures who live on this planet don’t know why things are like this, but for them it has always been this way. With that being said there was one major event they had that didn’t happen in our world.

 

About fifty years ago there was an incredibly powerful new being in the world. A man who had the power to connect himself to the very source of this world’s incredible powers. He didn’t tell a soul what this actually was though. He made sure to keep that to himself all the way to his very grave.

 

He called himself The God Of Life and Death, or Deus Vitae Et Mortis. He used his ability to gain an unfathomable amount of power. He thought of himself as a God amongst men. Everyone obeyed his every whim or else they were practically erased from history. As his abuse of power grew more and more unbearable as time went by a group of rebels were secretly founded. They searched until they were able to somehow learn the false God’s weakness and dispel him from the world once and for all. This organization was originally known as the Secret Hero Society and were the first superhero team in the modern sense, but would later be renamed to the Central Hero Society.

 

One of these legendary heroes was a man who was called Issac Quentin, better known by his alias Sir IQ. After he helped save the world from such a force he founded a school to train new heroes to hone their abilities so that if such a threat were to ever show its face on this planet again they would have a fighting force strong enough to combat it.

Our actual story begins one fateful day as one of the newly enrolled students is about to start his first year at the school.

 

*Knock knock knock*

 

“Hey Lev, it’s time for school. Get up!” A woman yells from behind a bedroom door.

 

Lev Hart, a young man with shoulder length blonde hair puts a pillow over his head to block out the noise.

 

“Get up NOW! I am not letting you be late on your first day of school, mister! That tuition cost us a lot of money, you know!”

 

With that Lev gets up out of his bed.

 

“...Yes…yes mom…”

 

He quickly put on his favorite blue jacket, a pair of black pants, and a pair of pink tennis shoes before grabbing his backpack and bolting out the door.

 

His mother, a brunette who was wearing a blue sundress with a light pink floral pattern on it, grabbed him by the shoulders.

 

“Alright, go out there and become a professional hero!”

 

“...Yes mom…”

 

“...So that you can one day make us a lot of money and pay us back for all the trouble you put us through over the years!” His mom says while tightening her grip on his shoulders with a fake smile plastered on her face.

 

“...Yes mom…” Lev replies devoid of any emotion at all.

 

He quickly goes right outside of his house to catch the bus. This wasn’t just an ordinary bus that anyone could ride though. It was a bus that was sent just for him. The school that he is going to doesn’t actually have a lot of students so whatever new students they get are kind of a big deal. That is why they want to treat them properly so they don’t try to find a different school to train at.

 

The bus ride takes several hours. Lev passes the time by putting on some headphones to listen to a playlist of anime theme songs and video game background music. Whenever he was particularly stressed or anxious this helped calm him down. It made him so calm that he eventually fell asleep.

 

“...Hey kid…kid…”

 

“...Wha…” Lev says while rubbing his eyes.

 

“Kid…We’re here. It’s time for you to get off my bus.” The bus driver says while crossing his arms and tapping his foot.

 

“...Oh…I’m…I’m sorry sir…” Lev says and quickly stands up and bows. “...Thank you for driving me here…”

 

“...Eh…don’t mention it…” He grabs the brim of his hat and pulls it down. “...I’m just doin’ my job.”

 

“...I’m sorry…” Lev says while rubbing his arm.

 

“...You need some more confidence kid…” The driver says as he turns around and goes back to sit at his seat with his hand on the lever to open the door.

 

Lev jogs to the front of the bus and takes a deep breath.

 

The door of the bus opens and he steps out of the bus and onto campus.

10