One Final Gambit
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The American Dream scowls.

 

“...So be it…” He cracks his knuckles. “...Let’s do this the hard way!”

 

He winds his arms behind his back and quickly returns them to his front to create a massive thunder clap.

 

This sends all six of our young heroes flying backwards in various directions.

 

Maka is the first to get back up. She spits blood from her mouth, but still has a wide toothy grin on her face.

 

“Is that all you’ve got, American Idiot?!” She says as she creates half a dozen buzzsaws out of her water and launches them at the fraud.

 

He stands completely still and lets the blades hit him. They all just bounce off of him and he takes no damage.

 

“...Kid…” He glares at Maka. “...You haven’t even seen a fraction of what I can do…”

 

Ash throws a fireball towards his face to distract him.

 

“Hey red, white, and ugly!” Ash yells aloud. “Stop trying to pick on women and fight me like a man instead!”

 

“Hey!” Maka responds to Ash’s statement. “I can take care of myself, you asshole!”

 

“I know, but just let him take the bait.” Ash responds to Maka with a hushed tone and through gritted teeth.

 

“...Fine…” Maka crossed her arms and headed back to check if the others were okay.

 

The American Dream walked towards where Ash and his boyfriend were standing.

 

“...How chivalrous!” He says as he winds up his right arm. “...I’ll reward your thoughtful behavior with a quick death! How does that sound?”

 

“I’d like to see you try, Gruncle Sam!”

 

“...What?” The American Dream stops dead in his tracks with a confused look on his face.

 

“Come on! It is a combination of grandpa and uncle…shut up, it’s clever!” Ash looks towards his boyfriend who rolls his eyes, looks back towards the former hero, and slams his fists together to set them ablaze. “The important part was that I was calling you old!”

 

“...Really…Well, in that case…” Mr. Dream says with a devious smile. “...I am going to have to teach you to respect your elders!”

 

The American Dream stomps on the ground which creates a shockwave around himself, and quickly sprints towards the boys.

 

Ash shoots a barrage of fireballs at Andrew, but he just brushes them all off like he was being pelted with cotton balls.

 

The false idol jumps into the air and slams his fist against the ground in the spot where the boys previously were standing.

 

Ash jumps back and charges up another ball of fire in his hands, but puts it over his head when it becomes too big.

 

“Hey, star spangled asshole! How about you feel the heat of my solar flare!”

 

Ash throws the massive ball of fire at Andrew…

 

…Who bats it out of the way like it was nothing and lets it explode a few hundred feet up in the sky.

 

“Do you have anything besides these measly fireworks in your arsenal, kid?” The American Dream walks towards Ash with his hands behind his head and a bored expression on his face. “You know that fire is incredibly common and such an overrated ability, right?”

 

“Shut your mouth! Fire is awesome!”

 

“...Of course you’d think so…”

 

“...Well…” Ash thinks fast before coming up with an idea. “...I’d like to see if you can handle this!”

 

“...What party trick are you going to show me now?” Andrew says with a yawn. “...You know that you don’t have all day…”

 

Ash quickly charges up another fire attack, but instead of throwing it at his opponent he throws it directly at his boyfriend.

 

“Flash bang!”

 

“Are you out of your mind, kid!”

 

“...Nah!” Ash says with a smirk as the smoke clears “...You just don’t know who you’re dealing with.”

 

From behind even more smoke Takeru emerges with a blade that was radiating with a brilliantly bright green energy.

 

“...You’re fired!” Takeru screams as he launches a giant green projectile at the former hero.

 

“...I thought you said you didn’t like that one?” Ash says with a confused face.

 

“...You know…it may be simple, but it’s effective…” Takeru blushes slightly and looks away. “...It’s growing on me, okay…”

 

Ash giggles and softly punches his boyfriend in the shoulder.

 

“Ow!” Takeru rubs his shoulder.

 

“...I’m sorry, babe, do you want me to kiss it better?”

 

“...Yeah…”

 

“...That is what I thought…” Ash says as he kisses his boyfriend in the spot he punched him on his shoulder.

 

“Hey!” The American Dream steps out from the dust of Takeru’s last attack with a mighty stomp. “Don’t forget, we are still in the middle of a fight, you punks!”

 

The American Dream sprints towards the young heroes again.

 

Ash throws another decently charged fireball at Takeru who deflects it towards Andrew, but the American meathead dodges with ease this time.

 

He reaches both of the boys and clotheslines them both into the pavement which knocks them both out instantly.

 

He brushes some rubble from his shoulder and turns around to look at the other heroes in training.

 

As he does this he instantly notices that Violet, Candi, and Maka have been preparing some sort of combo attack.

 

Candi just grabbed three small vials of sugar from her fanny pack and downs them all in one quick gulp. She then grabs onto Violet by the back of her shoulders who was holding Maka in a very similar way.

 

Candi beams at the fake hero and quickly starts to spin around in a circle. This eventually creates a small tornado around herself, but when she gains enough momentum she launches Violet and Maka high up into the air.

 

“Candi Catapult!”

 

Violet and Maka reposition themselves midair so they are holding on to each other by their hands.

 

Violet quickly spins around in a circle while she is still holding onto Maka in freefall before launching her friend after Making her weigh many times over her natural weight.

 

“One Million Pound Human Cannonball!”

 

Maka slams her fists together to create water blades with her hands while she quickly flies towards The American Dream.

 

“Super Swordfish Slash!” Maka screams at the top of her lungs as she collides with the false hero.

 

Andrew holds up his arms to defend himself, but Maka clashes with him hard enough that it actually sends the hero stumbling backwards.

 

Quickly seizing their opportunity to capitalize on his weakened state, Candi sprints behind Andrew and roundhouse kicks him towards the other girls.

 

Maka creates a giant hand out of water that launches him towards Violet.

 

Violet quickly grabs the fake hero around the waist and starts to do a suplex. She makes him weigh as much as she can possibly make him weigh in that moment.

 

“GRAVITY BOMB!”

 

She slams his head into the pavement with such an incredibly powerful force that it creates an earthquake. This tremor was so powerful it actually caused the rest of the hideout to finally collapse upon itself.

 

After the dust settles and the girls catch their breath they notice the American Dream’s body is submerged halfway down into the pavement.

 

“...Did…did we do it?” Violet says while catching her breath.

 

“...I…I think we did!” Maka cheers. “HELL YEAH!”

 

Candi sprints forward and wraps Maka and Violet in a big hug.

 

“That was amazing!” Candi had the biggest smile that the other girls had ever seen on her face (which was saying something). “I especially loved it when I threw you, Vi, and you threw Maka and Maka yelled out her attack name! We are so awesome!”

 

“...Don’t you think it is a little premature to celebrate?”

 

The girls turned towards Andrew who was slowly unlodging the upper half of his body from the pavement.

 

He fully pulls himself out from under the street, stands up, and dusts himself off.

 

“...But…but how?” Violet, along with the other girls, are in shock.

 

“...I’ll admit, that attack was quite impressive, but I have fought opponents who are much, much, MUCH more powerful than anything you could ever imagine!” He stretches and starts to walk towards the girls.

 

He then puts his hand on his cheek and looks at the small amount of blood from the only scratch on his entire body.

 

“...All of that effort for just one scratch?” He crouches into a runner's starting position. “...I hope it was worth it…”

 

He sprints towards the three girls who try to defend themselves, but the asshole grabs Candi and Maka by their ponytails and uses their bodies as weapons as he slams them into Violet.

 

This attack knocks all three of the girls out cold and Andrew looks over at Love.

 

She was now completely alone. Every single one of her friends and allies were either unconscious or dead.

 

At this moment all she wanted to do was to get away from the situation that she has found herself in…

 

…but she couldn’t move…

 

…She was paralyzed out of fear and was entirely immobile…She couldn’t move even if it was what she wanted to do more than anything else in her entire life at that moment.

 

…Not only that, but she was also scared…

 

…She thinks to herself as her life flashes before her eyes…She literally couldn’t imagine a time in her life where she was more scared than the moment she was currently in and that is absolutely saying something in comparison to the Hell on Earth that she has been through.

 

…Even worse though…even if she could move there is no way she would be able to get away or survive this anyways…

 

…When they entered this hideout she was surrounded by her friends who were all more powerful than she was on top of some of the strongest heroes in an entire city full of heroes…

 

…She was absolutely out of options…there was literally nothing that she could do except pray for some sort of miracle to happen…but she gave up on hoping for such impossible things a very long time ago…

 

The American Dream walked right in front of Love and kneeled down.

 

“...Hey kid…”

 

Love didn’t answer. She couldn’t have even if she wanted to.

 

“...What are you doing here?”

2