…And The Law Won!
61 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Warning: Some Intense Violence

 

Miller Mercury walked over to the podium that Violet and Love were currently standing behind with a smug look on his face.

 

“I wonder what could have possibly gotten such an unexpectedly strong reaction…”

 

Violet looks at Love with a concerned look on her face.

 

“...Tell me…what are you hiding, Mr. Hart?” Miller says as he slams his hands down on the podium.

 

*SLAM SLAM*

 

“...Mr. Mercury…Stop badgering the witnesses…” Judge DuVall says with a stern yet not entirely readable expression. He puts his gavel back down and folds his hands.

 

“...My…apologies, your honor…” Miller backs up and leans against his and Midas’ desk.

 

DuVall turns towards Violet and Love.

 

“...With that being said…would you like to explain what happened Mr. Hart…it seems like you know something about Mr. McKennedy that the rest of us don’t…”

 

Violet tries to say something, but notices a tap on her shoulder and a small nod from Love who walks up to the microphone to speak for herself.

 

“...I…I was present for the death of Andy McKennedy…”

 

Everyone sat in silence and was at the edge of their seats including even the likes of Miller Mercury, Maximilian Midas, and Eustache DuVall. The room was so quiet that you could easily hear a pin drop.

 

“...I…uh…you see…”

 

Love glances over at Maka who had a concerned look on her face.

 

Love takes a deep breath.

 

“...I can tell you…that Midas himself didn’t order for the death of Andy specifically…because the person who killed him…was…”

 

Everyone was leaning in as closely to Love as they could.

 

“...It was…NOIR!” Love cries out as tears start to form at the corners of her eyes.

 

“...Wait…” DuVall responds. “...So what you are saying is…that the Shadow Union was responsible…”

 

Love wipes a few tears from her cheeks.

 

“...N…not entirely…As far as I know…Midas hired the Shadow Union as bodyguards so that they could make sure that their meeting would be uninterrupted…I am pretty sure that…Noir…acted on his own accord…With that being said…Midas did still specifically tell one of his henchmen to kill The American Dream…along with an order to kill the rest of us…you know…before Mr. McHail saved us all…”

 

“...So…both the Shadow Union and Midas are both guilty then?” DuVall asks the timid blonde.

 

She nods her head yes.

 

“...And what you are telling me is the absolute truth…”

 

“...Y…y…yes…”

 

DuVall turns towards the gallery.

 

“Those who are either faculty at or enrolled at SUPER, would you say that Mr. Hart is a trustworthy person?”

 

All of Love’s friends along with Isaac Quentin nod their heads yes.

 

Love feels a pang of guilt in her heart, but doesn’t say anything.

 

“...So…Mr. Mercury…it appears that your accusation was unfounded…”

 

“...What are you talking about? I didn’t accuse anyone of anything!” Miller slams his hands on his desk.

 

“...But you were insinuating it…Were you not?”

 

Miller doesn’t say anything in response to this.

 

“...It appears that Mr. Hart was just rattled because he witnessed a murder in front of his very own eyes…The same reaction he had when he first stepped towards the podium when we asked about The American Dream…He may be very shy…but I have no reason to believe that he is being untrustworthy in the slightest…”

 

The guilt in Love’s heart grows stronger, but she still resists the urge to say anything.

 

Miller starts to sweat and quickly flips through the papers in front of him trying to find any sort of loophole to get him and his client out of this situation.

 

“...I…um…I…” Miller Mercury stands up and points at Love. “I THINK THAT MAN IS LYING! HE IS THE ONE WHO KILLED MR. MCKENNEDY!”

 

DuVall slams his gavel down with great force.

 

“THAT IS ENOUGH OUT OF YOU MR. MERCURY! CONTROL YOURSELF OR I WILL THROW YOU OUT OF THIS COURTROOM MYSELF!”

 

Miller is taken aback by this. He sits down, folds his arms, and puts his head down onto the desk in front of him.

 

Meanwhile, Midas is sweating and tugging at his collar.

 

“...Alright…I think that I have reached a decision…but…at the very least I would like to hear the opinions of our city council before I conclude today’s trial…”

 

DuVall looks over to the five members of the Central City Council.

 

“...Let us start with you, Sir Quentin…”

 

Isaac stands up and clears his throat.

 

“I…personally believe that Midas…”

 

Isaac sits back down and takes a sip of his tea.

 

“…Is guilty…”

 

Juanita De La Primera stands up next.

 

“I trust the word of my former boss more than anyone else in this entire city…so I also say that Midas is guilty.”

 

After her it is Warden Alvin Aleric who has a psychotic grin on his face.

 

“...I can’t wait to see the look on his face as I get to introduce him to a few of my new toys…I also say guilty! Lock him up!”

 

Police Chief Eiss McHail stands up after him.

 

“...Do I even need to say it…” Eiss says with a stoic expression.

 

“...Yes…” DuVall quickly responds.

 

“...Fine…guilty…”

 

Finally, Mayor Rusty R. Roseybelt stands up. He uses a small rag to dab sweat off of him forehead before he speaks.

 

“...First of all, I would like to thank Mr. Midas for all of the help that he has given Central City economically…That was mighty helpful of you…”

 

A glimmer of hope appears in both Midas and Mercury’s eyes.

 

“…but, with that being said…I don’t want to be a party pooper here today…so I will…also say guilty…”

 

Midas and Mercury’s hope is now gone.

 

“...Interesting…” DuVall says. “...Before I conclude today’s trial…do either you or your Mr. Midas have anything else that you would like to say to the court?”

 

“...I…uh…” Miller turns to Midas. “...It has been a pleasure working with you…”

 

He taps his boss on the shoulder and proceeds to quickly sprint out of the courtroom.

 

“...OH NO YOU DON’T!” Candi stands up and pulls a vial of sugar from her fanny pack downing it all in one quick gulp.

 

Candi quickly sprints out of the courtroom and also quickly comes back dragging Miller along with her.

 

“...Alright…for leaving the courtroom during a trial, I sentence you to ten years in the Iron Wall prison…”

 

“...Hey…hold on a second…” Miller puts up his hands defensively. “...This trial was for my boss…I mean Mr. Midas…This didn’t have anything to do with me…”

 

“...Hmmm…” DuVall thinks to himself for a second. “...Let’s make that twenty years…”

 

He slams his gavel down.

 

“...As for you Mr. Midas…I hereby sentence you…TO LIFE IN PRISON!”

 

DuVall slams his gavel down.

 

“...Also, all of your assets will be seized and your wealth will be redistributed to the citizens of Central City…”

 

“...What…what do you mean redistributed?” Midas is rubbing the back of his neck with sweat pouring down his face. “...Is it hot in here to anyone else?”

 

DuVall leans over his desk and towards Midas.

 

“...I think you know what I mean, Mr. Maximilian Midas…”

 

Midas quickly stands up and starts to hyperventilate.

 

“...I…I…” Midas grits his teeth. “THIS WILL NOT BE THE END OF MY EMPIRE!”

 

He turns his entire body into gold and tears the handcuffs that were on him in half. He also quickly takes the gloves he was forced to wear off and throws them against the ground.

 

Tears formed at the corners of Midas’ eyes.

 

“IF YOU WANT TO TAKE EVERYTHING FROM ME! THAN YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE IT FROM ME BY FORCE!”

 

He kicks the desk that was in front of him towards DuVall.

 

The Judge slams his gavel down on the desk that was flying towards himself. This causes the desk to splinter.

 

“MCHAIL! ALERIC! STOP HIM!” DuVall points at Midas.

 

McHail nods and jumps towards Midas.

 

“...Ice Age…”

 

Eiss tries to touch Midas, but the golden man jumps back and out of the way.

 

A giant handcuff flies through the ice and towards Midas’ torso, locks around him, and yanks him back.

 

“Ball and Chain!”

 

Alvin Aleric summons a giant black iron ball and slams it into Midas’ stomach.

 

This causes Midas to cough up blood, but his blood was also made of gold.

 

Juanita De La Primera touches the one on her forehead and creates four copies of herself that respectively have a two, three, four, and five on their foreheads.

 

“Crujido De Números!”

 

Juanita then points towards Midas as her clones dogpile him.

 

All of the clones suddenly turn into gold as Midas breaks out of the pile.

 

“DO YOU THINK THAT WILL BE ENOUGH TO STOP ME?!?! I AM THE RULER OF THIS CITY! I AM…A KING…no…I…I AM A GOD!”

 

Midas slams two of Juanita’s clones together as they crumble into pieces.

 

This causes Juanita to wince in pain.

 

He then takes the two other clones and throws them directly at her.

 

Juanita braces herself for the attack, but after a few seconds she realizes that she is fine.

 

The golden statues were floating in front of her while they were surrounded by a pink aura.

 

“...Gracias Sir IQ…”

 

Isaac just gives her a small smile and a nod, puts the statues down besides himself, and turns towards Midas.

 

“...Isabella…”

 

Isaac’s daughter perks up and quickly responds.

 

“...Yes dad?”

 

“...Mind helping out your old man. This will only take a moment of your time.”

 

“...I don’t mind at all…” Isabella says as she puts down her cup of tea, stands up, and quickly walks to her father’s side.

 

They both point their canes towards Midas.

 

“NO! NOOOOOOOOOO!” Midas screams as he rampages towards the family. “THIS WILL NOT BE THE END!”

 

“...This isn’t your story, Max…” Isaac says with a stoic expression.

 

“...You are just the villain…” Isabella continues with a small smirk.

 

A giant ball of pink, crackling energy emanates from the bottom of Isaac and Isabella’s canes.

 

“...SUPER PSYCHO SHOCK!” They both yell out at the same time as the projectile flies towards Midas who was still running towards them with reckless abandon.

 

As the energy ball collides with Midas’ skin he screams out in agony as he falls onto the ground.

 

He continues to writhe for about another two or three minutes before he passes out from sheer pain.

 

As he loses consciousness his skin turns back to normal.

 

As do Juanita’s clones.

 

She walks over to them.

 

“Juanita De La Segunda, Juanita De La Tercera.” Juanita says to her clones.

 

“Juanita De La Primera” The clones say in unison in response.

 

Juanita snaps her fingers as the clones are absorbed back into her own body.

 

At some point in the middle of the fight Mayor Roseybelt had fallen off of his chair.

 

He slowly stands back up and dusts himself off.

 

“...My…that was sure something…”

 

“Are you alright, mayor?” Juanita says as she approaches him.

 

“...I am fine Miss Primera…Thanks for asking though…”

 

After the dust has settled and the fight is over, everyone in the courtroom turns towards Judge Eustache DuVall.

 

DuVall dusts himself off.

 

“...Mr. Aleric…”

 

The Warden nods towards the judge.

 

“...Make sure to put Mr. Midas in the most secure room in your entire prison…”

 

A sinister smile climbs onto Alvin’s face.

 

“...With pleasure…”

 

“...Also, take Mr. Mercury with you as well…”

 

Alvin nods, walks over to Max and Miller, puts them onto his shoulders, and leaves the courtroom.

 

Maka, Candi, Ash, and Takeru quickly walk over to where Love was standing.

 

“...Hey…” Maka asks her friend. “...You okay?”

 

Love thinks for a moment and nods her head.

 

“...Yeah…I am okay…” She smiles softly. “...I can’t believe we actually won…”

 

Candi quickly wraps her friends into a big hug.

 

“WE DID IT! HOORAY!”

 

“FUCK YEAH WE DID!” Maka shouts along with Candi.

 

“Justice prevails!” Violet adds.

 

Ash and Takeru turn towards each other and  kiss each other on the lips…This quickly turns into a full on makeout session right in the middle of the courtroom.

 

Maka, Violet, and Candi look at Love again. All of the girls have huge grins on their faces.

 

Love blushes and sweeps some hair behind her ear.

 

“...This is great and all, but…I think we should go back home…” Love says as she yawns. A tired look started to creep onto her face as the exhaustion from the day catches up with her. Despite this she still held a smile though.

 

“...Yeah…Let’s go home…” Violet agrees.

 

The friends are driven back to SUPER and head back to their dorms.

 

Love walks into her dorm room, jumps onto her bed, and falls asleep almost instantly.

A younger Love is seen in a dark room with a singular lightbulb hanging from the ceiling.

 

“...So…How long have you had these feelings?” A voice comes from a figure that was still halfway shrouded in darkness.

 

“...Uh…I dunno…” Love says as she looks down at the ground.

 

“...You know these feelings are sinful, do you not?”

 

Love doesn’t respond. She just sits there, waiting for the man to continue.

 

“...Don’t worry, sport…” The man grins in the darkness. “...We have ways to take care of that problem here…Just let us help you…”

 

Love gives the smallest of nods.

 

The man takes her hand and leads her to a different room.

 

“...Sit here please…” The man’s grin is somehow ever bigger than it was before.

 

Love does as she is told and sits down.

 

She is then strapped into the chair as the man walks to the side of it and puts his finger next to a switch.

 

“...Just to let you know…this is for your own good…”

 

The man flips a switch that administers a small, yet painful shock to Love who cries out in pain.

Love wakes up in a cold sweat with tears streaming down her face.

 

She calms down a little when she notices where she is.

 

She then lays back down as stares at the ceiling.

3