Love Versus Calder!
61 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Love, now with her glowing red eyes, quickly stands up and looks towards Calder.

 

Love conjures her bow and knocks a red arrow.

 

“...No…be more specific…OR ELSE!”

 

Calder was taken aback by this. Amidst the chaos he somehow completely forgot about Love’s power.

 

“...No…that’s alright…” He says as he tries to weasel his way out of the situation that he created.

 

Love shoots an arrow as Calder quickly dodges. It pierces through the wall of the gym and continues to fly for who knows how long.

 

She immediately knocks another arrow.

 

“Say it! Tell me how you really feel, you coward!”

 

She slowly walks towards Calder while pointing her bow directly at his chest.

 

“...But I…”

 

She shoots another arrow at his feet. This creates a massive crater in the ground that Calder barely manages to avoid.

 

She knocks another arrow.

 

“...Look…all I was saying is that I think you look cute…Is that such a bad thing?”

 

Love shoots another arrow which Calder dodges again. It files through the hole that was already in the wall.

 

“What about when you tried to kill me after class a few months back?! Or the time you made a fake news article just to make me look like a creep?! That isn’t even mentioning all the different times you have verbally harassed me and my friends! Was I “cute” back then or are you just trying to get away with some more bullshit?”

 

“...Look…” He defensively puts his hands up. “...You are further along in your transition now and…”

 

Another arrow immediately flies towards Calder’s head. She immediately knocks yet another arrow.

 

“ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?”

 

“I COULD ASK YOU THE EXACT SAME THING!”

 

She releases another arrow and replaces it again.

 

“OH NO THE FUCK YOU CAN’T! NOW THAT YOU ARE CAUGHT WITH YOUR TAIL BETWEEN YOUR LEGS YOU ARE TRYING TO BACKTRACK, BUT I WON’T LET YOU GET AWAY WITH THIS!”

 

“...You know what…now I don’t want to fuck you anymore!” Calder aims his hand towards Love as icy mist emanates off from it.

 

Calder blasts a torrent of ice at Love, but she fires another arrow and it dissipates with ease.

 

As Calder puts up an ice wall to defend himself, Love shoots another arrow which destroys the barrier instantly.

 

“You know what! Screw you!” Calder puts his hands out in front of himself as he prepares his next attack. “ICE AGE!”

 

A giant wave of ice flies towards Love, but she rapidly shoots a barrage of arrows that leave nothing left of Calder’s attack.

 

Calder creates a path of ice behind himself and slides backwards.

 

Creatures made out of ice start forming on the path as Calder drops another dry ice bomb which covers the room in even more mist.

 

“Sub Zero Sniper…”

 

A red arrow files towards Calder and clips his shoulder.

 

“AAAHHH! FUCK!” He cries out as he grabs his shoulder.

 

Love fires more arrows and easily takes out all of the snow creatures that Calder just created.

 

Calder tries to use his good arm to fire another ice attack, but love shoots him in that shoulder as well.

 

Love slowly approaches Calder with another red light arrow in her light constructed bow.

 

Calder is now cowering on the ground trying to get away from Love.

 

“Stay the fuck away from me!” He yells.

 

Love shoots another arrow at his feet.

 

Love just stares at him with bright red eyes that are the highlight feature on Love’s furious looking face.

 

She doesn’t say anything to Calder in response. She just knocks another arrow and aims it right between his eyes.

 

“...I’m…I’m sorry…” Calder is starting to cry now, tears almost immediately streaming down his cheeks. “...but…please…please don’t hurt me!”

 

Calder is using his arms to defend himself from Love.

 

“...Pathetic…” Is all that Love says as she puts away her bow and arrow.

 

As she walks away Calder takes a deep sigh of relief. He tries to get up, but with the condition he is in he suddenly realizes that he is not going anywhere. Not only were his shoulder injuries making it nearly impossible for him to use his arms, but the exhaustion of the long fight was also starting to catch up with him.

 

Love creates another red arrow and holds it in her hand as she approaches Ash.

 

He was still frozen solid, but she uses the heat from the arrow to slowly yet surely thaw him out of the block of ice.

 

When the ice is melted enough for Ash to move again he covers himself in flames to melt the remainder.

 

“...Thanks Love…” Ash says as he remembers where he was.

 

Love, as her eyes were turning back to normal, nods at her friend.

 

Exhaustion sets into her as well as she falls backwards onto her butt.

 

Ash looks over at Calder who is currently out cold.

 

“...Don’t worry about Calder…” Love says to her friend. “...I took care of him…”

 

“...Nice…” Ash responds. “That punk finally got what’s been coming to him…”

 

“...Could you please help me unfreeze everyone else?” Love asks.

 

“...Oh…for sure…” Ash says as he walks towards the others to unfreeze them all (starting with Takeru of course).

 

Love, now both out and proud and finally done with Calder’s bullshit, lays on what remains of the ground of the gym and drifts to sleep.

Quite a few hours later Love wakes up. She finds herself in a hospital bed.

 

“...Oh, Love’s awake!” Candi says as she approaches Love’s bedside.

 

Candi, Maka, Ash, and Takeru were all in her room waiting for her to wake up.

 

“...Hey guys…” Love says as she leans up in bed. “...How long have I been out?”

 

“To us, a few months.” Candi cheekily responds.

 

Love rolls her eyes with a small grin on her face.

 

“...I mean, how long have I been out cold…”

 

“Only a couple of hours.” Ash responds. “That was still earlier today. It’s just about 8:30 right now.”

 

Love looks around the room.

 

“...Hey…Where is Violet?”

 

“Don’t worry!” Ash says. “She’s fine. She is just resting in another room. Calder broke a few of her ribs, but the doctors said that she should recover just fine.”

 

“What about the others?” Love continues to question.

 

“Everyone is fine.” Ash reassures her. “Most of the other students and teachers are also up and about already. The person who took the most damage was definitely headmaster Isaac though. He took quite the beating, but they said he should also be good to go in about a week or so.”

 

“...Oh…That’s good to hear…” Love says as a weight lifts off of her shoulders. “...What happened with Calder?”

 

“Zari called Eiss and…let’s just say I wouldn’t want to be Calder right now.” Ash tells Love. “He said that he is pulling Calder out of SUPER entirely and making him work with Warden Aleric. He isn’t in prison or anything like that though. Alvin is just making him clean some toilets at the jail with a toothbrush and stuff like that, but he will probably be doing so for a very long time”

 

“...Thank god…” Love says. “...Despite what he had done to us I didn’t want him to suffer too badly. I am not the type of person who would wish jail time on anybody, but I am glad to hear that he is actually paying for his crimes…”

 

“...So…” Candi said while suppressing a bigger smile on her face. “...I didn’t know how long you were going to be out for so I made you…this!”

 

Candi pulls out a cake. It says “Get better soon Love!” in pink frosting. Love actually noticed that the entire cake was themed with the colors pink, white, and blue.

 

“...Wait a second…are those…”

 

“Yep!” Candi responds with a smile. “It’s a trans pride cake, but it is multifaceted in what it is actually celebrating though! Which is both you coming out and you waking up!”

 

“...Thank you Candi!” Love said while tearing up. “...Thank you so much!”

 

“Don’t mention it!” Candi says with a blush. “Anything for a friend!”

 

Maka walks up to Love’s bedside next.

 

“...Hey…so…that is not the only thing we did for you while you were out…”

 

She was holding a bunch of papers in her hands that she gave to Love.

 

After seeing what they were, Love drops them into her lap and covers her face with her hands to cover up her tears.

 

They were tears of joy of course!

 

There were multiple papers. One said that Love’s name and pronouns have been updated in the school system while another said that her name had been legally and officially changed to Love Hart. Basically, if it was somewhere that Love’s name or pronouns had to be updated in, her friends have done it for her.

 

“...You guys…” Love said as she sobbed tears of job. “...I don’t know what to say…”

 

Candi, Maka, Ash, and Takeru surrounded their friend and gave her a group hug.

 

“...You don’t have to say anything…” Candi whispers to Love. “...All you have to do is enjoy yourself…”

 

Love continues to thank her friends and sob as the day goes on.

END OF SAGA 1!

3