Chapter 2: The Newborn Scion
20 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

John's journey into the unknown had taken a dramatic turn. As he passed through the enigmatic portal, he felt a surge of energy course through his tiny form. The very essence of his being was changing, and he was reborn into a world of untold potential.

His new surroundings were unlike anything he had experienced as an infant. Vast, mystical landscapes stretched out before him, and towering mountains, shrouded in ethereal mists, loomed on the horizon. He had been reborn into a noble family, the House of Drakenvale, known for their mastery of cultivation.

 The world he now called home was Etheria, a realm of profound magic and intricate cultivation. The very air was alive with mystic energies, and the pursuit of power was paramount. It was a place where humanity coexisted with ancient, mythical creatures, and where the balance between light and darkness was a constant, precarious dance.

 Etheria's inhabitants pursued cultivation to enhance their power and attain enlightenment. The cultivation system was divided into five distinct levels:

  1. Qi Disciple: The entry-level cultivator, who learned to channel and manipulate Qi, the life energy of the universe, for basic combat skills and physical enhancements.

  2. Elemental Adept: Adepts had a deeper understanding of elemental magic, mastering the control of fire, water, earth, and air.

  3. Mystic Sage (Ethereal Sage): The ranks beyond Elemental Adept remained shrouded in mystery, offering power that transcended the mundane, drawing from ethereal energies.

"Welcome to Etheria," a soft voice echoed in John's mind, accompanied by a warm, glowing presence.

"Ding," a melodic sound followed, and a translucent window materialized before him, displaying his current status:

[System Status]

  • Name: John
  • Level: 1 (Qi Disciple)
  • Experience: 0%
  • Cultivation Path: Unlocked
  • Bloodline Power: Devouring Essence

"John," the voice continued, "I am your System, a guide in your journey. I will provide information about the cultivation system and Etheria's world background, as well as help you harness your bloodline power."

Beside John's parents, Lady Seraphina Drakenvale and Lord Ealdred Drakenvale, who were both cultivators of significant power, a conversation unfolded.

"John," his mother lovingly whispered, "you will be our pride and power."

Lord Ealdred Drakenvale, emotionless as ever, stated, "Seraphina, our legacy will be unparalleled."

With his mother's love, his father's unfeeling determination, and the System's guidance, John's story would be one of growth, development, and the pursuit of power, from infancy as a Qi Disciple to greater heights in the ruthless embrace of the House of Drakenvale.

2