Chapter – 5
413 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---------------

Chapter - 5: He who comes from a fairy tale

--------------

[Otakemaru Pov]

Having materialized back in the Sajyou mansion after my exhilarating battle with Lancer, I couldn't help but relish the enjoyment I derived from the fight. It was indeed a rare occurrence for me to encounter a human who could hold my interest for more than a fleeting moment.

In the past, my encounters with strong humans were often brutal and one-sided, with me tearing my opponents apart as fear consumed them in their final moments.

But now, my perspective has shifted. I yearned for formidable adversaries who could provide me with a satisfying challenge, a way to escape the haunting memories of my past and momentarily numb the pain that still lingered.

My usual mask of indifference barely concealed the slight smile tugging at the corners of my lips. It was a peculiar transformation, one that spoke volumes about the changes I had undergone.

In earlier times, encounters with worthy opponents would have led to a trail of blood and fear. Now, they offered a chance for exhilarating battles and the possibility of fleeting relief from the weight of my past.

Now, all that was left for me to do was wait for the remaining Servants to be summoned.

As far as my knowledge went, the Assassin, Caster, and Lancer classes had already been filled. There was also that distinctively red-clad Servant, most likely an Archer, based on their observation point from the other building.

With those accounted for, there should already be six classes occupied. According to my information, there were supposed to be seven Servants in total. It appeared that I would be one of the extra Servants. That meant two unknown entities remained.

"Otakemaru!"

The cheerful voice of my Master cut through my thoughts, drawing my attention to her as she emerged from her room, her angelic smile in place.

"Yes, Little Hime?" I responded with my usual indifference, noting that the young girl no longer harbored any fear of my presence. In fact, it seemed she had grown rather comfortable around me. Humans truly were perplexing creatures.

"I just finished researching stories about you!" My Master proudly displayed a book titled "Japanese Legends: The Three Most Evil Yokai of Japan."

"Oh? Already finished, I see... That was rather swift," I remarked, genuinely surprised.

She had been scouring for legends related to me. Unfortunately, much of the historical accounts involving me seemed to have been overshadowed or forgotten after the rise of Shuten Douji/Ibuki Douji. It was as if my existence had been relegated to insignificance.

Considering the sheer size of the book, which covered a vast array of Yokai from Japan, it was remarkable that she managed to complete it within a matter of days.

She responded to my surprise with a dreamy expression, her voice brimming with excitement, "And what a captivating tale it was! I've never encountered a story quite like this before! To think that its protagonist shares your name! Even though the protagonist book may be somewhat stupid, the journey and narrative are truly enchanting!" Her demeanor took on a fangirl-like fervor that reminded me of someone from my past.

"Is that so? Well, I must admit I find this portrayal of Otakemaru rather underwhelming... Perhaps I should consider erasing this Pan-Human story from the collective unconscious of humanity?" I spoke with a touch of irritation. In the days of old, I might have unleashed my wrath upon the humans in this town as a means to vent my frustration.

"Pan-Human?" She asked, intrigued by the unfamiliar term.

"It doesn't really matter," I replied contemptuously, and my hand went to gently caress her head.

"So do you want to share your story with me? Or better yet, why not create a sequel?" Her lips formed a slight pout, an expression of hopeful anticipation.

"Well..." I began, with a hint of irritation in my voice, "It's a trivial matter."

"Hey, Otakemaru," she insisted, peering at me with her innocent gaze, "when can I witness your feats in person? I am eager to see you fight against the other Servants! Considering your strength, you should have no trouble beating them all!" Her words were full of enthusiasm, as her could see my state from the Master's point of view.

----------

[Ootakemaru]

Parameters:

Strength: EX

Endurance: EX

Agility: B+

Mana: A

Luck: C+

NP: A+ - EX - EX

----------

Class Ability:

Divinity: C+

Avenger: A

Oblivion Correction: B

Self-Replenishment: (Magic) A

Mad Enchantment: B

-----------

Personal Ability:

God Demon: EX

Oni-Kind Demon (Kijin-Kishin): EX

King of Monster: EX

Apex Predator: A+

Yokai Shift: A

Favor of Spirits: B+

----------

A/N: If the servant fight in country the legend born they got buff, so basically mc got power up because this HG in Japan.

-----------

"Patience, little Hime," I replied in a measured tone, my words carrying with them a sense of wisdom, "We need to gather more information about our opponents. When all the Servants have been summoned and I have assessed their capabilities, we will make our move. A wise ruler exercises caution."

"I understand, I understand! But I can't help but feel excited about this! I hope all the Servants will be summoned as soon as possible...." Her accepted my answer with an impatient smile, similar to that of a child anxiously awaiting the appearance of her favorite hero.

"Well..." I leaned back, assuming a relaxed attitude, "Now, tell me what do you want to do? You're bored aren't you, me too..."

"Kill people?"

"Hime, although I can bear the title of Oni, I take no pleasure in killing at random. My actions are driven by necessity."

"Very good! Then how do we deal with those who deserve it?"

"... It is tolerable, but only if their crime is something heinous, such as rape or slavery, or actions that classify them more as monsters than human beings."

I was somewhat puzzled when my Master let out a shout. Being summoned by someone like her was indeed a peculiar experience. In any case, I could try to guide her a little, appealing to her more ruthless tendencies and tempering them with my monstrous nature.

Even though I held the title of Avenger, I could not help but feel the need to protect those around me, especially when I saw them suffering from their own nature, particularly in the case of my Master.

----------

18