Chapter 1 The Hideousness in beauty
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(POV Andraya)

 

I have always wondered what the inside of a castle would look like, if it's as cold and depressing looking as the ones in those pictures online or if it's as beautiful and colorful as they are in movies or anime or other formers of media. Ironically, after being isekaied to this world, I found that both are true, especially in this garden I'm in. In between the mighty walls of the castle there is an area where natures beauty is shown to the royalty, who naturally don't have time to go outside because of their 'royal duty' (ha duty) and there staff, who maintain the garden and everything inside and outside of the castle. Flowers and plants of various shapes, size, and color sprawl throughout this relatively sizable outdoors area, like a living bouquet. Pathways thought this garden to make sure you get a close look at the rare and wonderful flowers without ruining it with an imprecise hand, pristine benches on the side if you want to relax your feet and just enjoy the moment, and even a gazebo with a table and chair inside if the royalty and high up workers want to have a tea parties. Hell, even when losing my ability to see color ever since I came here, I still sit on one of the benches and read a book just cause of how calming the vibe is... if you ignore the ugliness of this place.

"Is it true that he constantly flirts with any guy he sees."(maid 1)

"Not only that, he constantly tries to woo the hero into doing the deed. Even when he is in public."(maid 2)

"Are such barbaric actions allowed in there 'earth', it must be quite the shameless world."(maid 3)

"No way, he must just be one of the more savage person in his world. After all, there's no way someone as handsome and gentleman-like the hero would live in such a world."(maid 2)

As this is a very relaxed area to be in, there are a couple of people who go here to relax or even talk amongst one another on the job. Which itself is not a bad thing, but if you so happen to be very unpopular this is a place, people will talk behind your back if you look like you are not paying attention. At first, it was not that bad, only some people wandering what kind of person I am. But now after a month of being here it is const-

"I can't believe how ungrateful that guy is."(guard 1)

"I know right, just taking stuff from the royal library, casually dirtying the floors of the royal palace, and sitting of the bench that master woodworkers perfectly built, just because it's there, who dose he think he is."(guard 2)

"If it wasn't for the hero, I would have personally take him to a secluded area and beat him half to death."(guard 1)

"ha, be careful he might like it too much and fall in love you."(guard 2)

"ew, don't even joke about that stuff, it's disgusting."(guard 1)

mother fucker, I can't even finish my internal dialogue without not-so quiet people interrupting me. Anyway as I was saying, after a combination of jealousy, classism, homophobia (how classic), and more, It's now a very common occurrence for people shit talking behind my back while I'm minding my own business. Thanks to the hero, no ones know his true name for whatever reason so everyone just calls him the hero, no one will try to directly harm me. So all they will do is indirectly harm be or just talk behind my back like fucking everyone here. Even with the hero's protection, it's still a pain in the ass and kinda insulting that they think I can't hear them, but it also makes it convenient. especially when talk-

 

"Did you hear about how he talked to the captain of the 9th division."(worker 1)

"It was more like useless complaining about how hard his workouts are from what I heard, he didn't even try to speak more refined and just kept on talking like a street commoner."(worker 2)

"I mean didn't his parents ever-"(worker 1)

Alright that's it, if I sit here more I'll probably start losing my mind. So to shut them up I put my bookmark and loudly closed my book for dramatic effect, and it seemed to work and they all quiet down. After that (debatably) unnecessary bit of theatrics, I calmly stood up and started walking towards my room. I was hoping to relax before the party happened but that just made me more irritated.

As I walked through the halls of this big as fuck castle, people who are walking through make sure to be as far away as possible like the pelage. People don't even want to be close to me if they have to, it's that bad. But I got used to it, sure as hell makes it easier to walk around not worrying about bumping into people.

"Mr. Andraya, do you have a moment."

As I turn around I see the bane of my existence, a person. More specifically a beautiful priestess with white color eyes and hair, still don't know how I can tell what color is what when I'm colorblind but whatever, wearing her uniform which is a combination of what I would think a priestess would wear and light metallic armor. But the most important detail was that smile that I see in every clergy member in this place, as if it was copy and pasted.

"Hi Kizza, is there something you want from me, also my full name isn't Andraya Andraya" (Andraya)

"Why must you assume that I ask you of something, can't I just have a conversation with the hero's best friend, and I will stop calling you Mr. Andraya once you reveal your last name."(Kizza)

I sigh and say "look, I'm in a bit of a hurry can you be straight with me and say what you want."

The person in front of me is Kizza, she is our healer in the hero's party and part of the hero's harem, which is an official position... that she and 2 other woman have when me and hero got here. Thankfully he is a pretty decent human being so he only just hangs around with them. I would feel bad for her but she fucking hates me and only sees me as an eye sore at best, but she can't be rude to me at the request of the hero. So the best she could do is to schemed behind my back while smiling when we're face to face. Lucky I have enough experience with her to know what she means when she says something. For example when she says-

"I am simply reminding you that tonight's diplomatic party has important nobles from not only the human kingdom, but from the dwarven and elven kingdom as well, so please be on your best behaver. It's best for all of use."(Kizza)

actually means 'This is an important party so you better not do your weird shit or the king will finally kick you out.'

"If your worried about me not being on my best behaver then why must I have to come, can't I just stay in my room. I mean, I'm alright at fighting but not so good to be in a boring party"(Andraya)

"But you are in the our party who are tasked with slaying the evil demon king. Even thought you still don't have a mastery in magic, as you are still wearing that weird clothing on your face called 'glasses' to see correctly, leaders will still want to meet with you."(Kizza)

Ooo here's another one, what she is actually saying is 'You are in our party even though you still have that crutch on your face that screams 'I have no talent in magic and just dead weight.'' Can you tell that she hates me.

I sigh and said "Fine, I'll try to be on my best behaver, not like I have any chose. So as long as nothing bad happens like some random people challenge me into a dual and beat the fuck out of me I'll be fine."(Andraya)

Kizza eyes widens and her perfectly manufactured smile crackles a little bit and says "wha-how did you... come up with such a ridicules scenario."

I also forgot to mention that fact that her and Sefla (another party member) hired some people to jump my ass in the middle of the party and humiliate me. How did I come to know of there plan, well non-existent person in my head to keep me company (god I'm lonely); it was a combination of some light detective work and that fact that people LOVE to talk about rumors, mostly the ladder.

"Is there anything else that you would like to warn me about or can I go back to my room to prepare for the party?"(Andraya)

After she recovered herself she relayed "No, that is all you may be on your way."(Kizza)

I turn around and walk back, noticing the stare of hatred that Kizza was giving but I ignore it and continues until I reach my barley decorated room and immediately slumped onto my bed. Turns out I was more exhausted then I originally thought... and there's the party as well.

"fuck me"(Andraya)

After I regain some of my energy, I walk towards a desk that looks out of the window and sit on the chair and enjoy the view of the city below. Buildings of residence, commercial, other types of long named buildings that make me sound smart lined beautifully with the perfect mix of plants and mankind-made stuff with the beautiful mountains in the distance that brings perfect symmetry just brings such beauty higher and the good view from my window makes it almost complete. But I have been on those beautiful streets and the peoples eyes are not forefield, hollow, wanting to escape, but for one reason or another can't. That makes such a perfect sight, an eyesore, yet I still constantly take a view on this window... why do I do that. Is that fact that I can still enjoy it in spite the flaws, no that's not it, I can't not notice it. Is it because I’m bored out of my mind, no I still have that book that tells the tales of the previous hero’s. 

Is it because… I wish for a sight as beautiful as this without such hideousness hidden with it. That would be nice but what the hell can I do, I’m just a dude that was accidentally teleported to this world, there’s nothing that I can do; And yet I am going to do something very dumb later tonight even when I know my actions will at best be a minor inconvenience. Ha, and yet I am not hesitating at all.

I sit there staring at that soulless painting of a window pondering such useless philosophy until I realize that it’s almost time for the party and start to get dressed. Once I’m done I leave my room and head towards the party, unusually  exciting for the mischief that I will cause.

0