CH15: Into Glasraig
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I lay there for a moment, my chest heaving as I attempted to regain my composure. The remnants of the dream still lingered, intertwining with the palpable sense of urgency and guidance that the voice had imparted. My mind raced with questions, each one vying for my attention and demanding answers that seemed just out of reach.

 

The room remained still, the faint echoes of the farm now replaced by an eerie silence that enveloped me. I took a deep breath, allowing the rush of air to steady my thoughts and ground me in the present.

 

[+LEVELED UP!]

 

I glanced at the notification bar that still lingered before me. Upon opening it, it shrunk immediately and my status bar popped up.

 

[You have unspent skill points]

[Ferdinand Tamadito]

[Human]

<Mage-Class X>

Level 4

[XP:0/1264]

[Status]

<HP:84/84>

<Stamina:34/102>

<Mana:357/900>

<Satiation:45/204>

Weariness: 60%

Fatigue is evident, and the individual may struggle to sustain prolonged activity. Adequate rest and recovery are essential to prevent exhaustion and burnout.

Uninjured

Regeneration rate at normal level [100%]

[Attributes]

[You have 5 free attribute points]

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 10

Agility: 10

Intelligence: 10 [1,000]

Constitution: 20

Charisma: 10

[Buffs]

<Magician's Blood>

[You hail from a lineage of renowned magicians.]

[Intelligence multiplier +100%]

<Arcane Insight>

[Attains a heightened state of awareness, granting the ability to perceive and comprehend one's own stats with extraordinary clarity.]

[You have unspent skill points]

 

The room felt stifling, the air heavy with a mixture of anticipation and uncertainty. I had to decide what attribute I should put my spare points into.

 

My mind raced with possibilities, each option offering a path to further my development and enhance my abilities. I deliberated on the areas that demanded my attention, carefully considering the attributes that would best serve my journey in this enigmatic realm.

 

Strengthening my physical prowess emerged as a priority, which came as a necessary step in improving my resilience and endurance against the effects of weariness.

 

Pushing myself up from the cot, I steadied my trembling limbs and made my way outside, the warm embrace of the sunlight welcoming me as I stepped into the open expanse of the farm. By some kind of otherworldly guidance, I went where my feet took me.

 

I sought out a secluded spot on the outskirts of the farm, a clearing nestled amidst a grove of trees, where I could immerse myself in the solitude and stillness of nature. The rustling leaves and the gentle sway of the branches provided a calming backdrop, setting the stage for the rigorous training that lay ahead.

 

Meditation became my solace, the gentle hum of the trees lulling me into a state of introspection and tranquility. I focused on the rhythmic rise and fall of my breath, allowing the peaceful ambiance of the grove to envelop me. The warmth of the sunlight filtering through the dense canopy provided a comforting embrace, soothing my fatigued body and weary mind.

 

As the day gradually waned, the tranquility of the surrounding forest became my sanctuary, shielding me from the oppressive heat and offering respite from the demands of the farm. I remained immersed in my meditative state, allowing the rejuvenating energies of nature to replenish my spirit and revitalize my senses. I opened my status bar to make sure if I was regenerating.

 

[You have unspent skill points]

[Ferdinand Tamadito]

[Human]

<Mage-Class X>

Level 4

[XP:0/1264]

[Status]

<HP:84/84>

<Stamina:91/102>

<Mana:673/900>

<Satiation:38/204>

Weariness: 31%

The person experiences some fatigue but can still handle regular activities without significant strain. Rest and recovery may be required after intense efforts.

Uninjured

Regeneration rate at normal level [100%]

[Attributes]

[You have 5 free attribute points]

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 10

Agility: 10

Intelligence: 10 [1,000]

Constitution: 20

Charisma: 10

[Buffs]

<Magician's Blood>

[You hail from a lineage of renowned magicians.]

[Intelligence multiplier +100%]

<Arcane Insight>

[Attains a heightened state of awareness, granting the ability to perceive and comprehend one's own stats with extraordinary clarity.]

[You have unspent skill points]

 

I still had not decided what to do with my spare points, unsure of what I needed to develop. I wanted to level up more, but the prospect of fighting creatures made me shiver.

 

The distant echoes of the farm called out to me, the bustling sounds of the evening routine signaling the approach of nightfall. I had not noticed the receding light of the setting sun. With a tired yet resolute spirit, I emerged from the embrace of the grove, my mind reeling with the weight of my reflections. I made my way back to the farm, each step echoing a sense of tiredness.

 

As I re-entered the farm, the flickering lanterns and the warm glow of the hearth greeted me, offering a sense of familiarity and comfort. I was met with curious glances from the farmhands, their expressions laced with a mixture of concern and relief.

 

Pádraig, looking like a seasoned farmhand with weathered features and donning a perpetually quizzical expression, approached me with a knowing look.

 

"Ferdinand, you seem different. Did something happen while you were out there in the woods?"

 

I nodded, replying with a tired smile on my face.

 

Pádraig 's expression softened, and he nodded in understanding.

 

"Aye, I understand, lad. It's kind of a pickle of a situation we find ourselves in. If you need any assistance or guidance, you know you can count on me."

 

With a reassuring nod, Pádraig returned to his duties, leaving me to contemplate my next steps. I then sought out Seamus, whose weathered demeanor concealed a depth of understanding and compassion. Finding him overseeing the evening chores, I approached him with a sense of determination.

 

"Seamus, I have decided to venture into the forest for a few days," I announced, meeting his gaze with unwavering resolve.

 

Seamus raised an eyebrow, his weathered features reflecting a mix of curiosity and concern. "The forest, you say? 'Tis a dangerous place, lad. What business have you there? Are you feeling up to it? You looked a bit weary earlier."

 

A spark of determination ignited within me at the mention of potential challenges, though I couldn't deny the physical strain that still lingered. The thought of encountering formidable creatures and leveling up my skills only fueled my resolve.

 

"I understand the risks, Seamus. I am feeling better now, and I believe this journey will offer me the chance to rewind myself. I am eager to test my mettle against the dangers that await."

 

Seamus regarded me with a mixture of admiration and concern. "You've got a brave spirit, lad. Just mind yourself out there and stay vigilant. Use your wits as much as your strength. And if you encounter any trouble, remember that you’re welcome back here anytime. The village of Kilarney is always open to those who find their way back."

 

I nodded, acknowledging Seamus's advice and gratitude for his genuine concern.

 

"I'll keep your words in mind, Seamus. I appreciate your guidance and support. I'll return as soon as I feel I've made the progress I need."

 

Embracing Seamus's cautionary words and well-wishes, I prepared for my journey into the dense woodland of Glasraig, the forest located just north of Kilarney. Before leaving, Eoin called for me and had a fellow farm hand guide me back to his quarters.

 

Eoin regarded me with a mixture of pride and concern as I prepared to embark on my journey into the depths of Glasraig. He approached me with a steady gait, his face etched with genuine care and guidance.

 

"Ferdinand, are you certain you're ready for this ‘venture?" Eoin inquired, his voice laced with a paternal concern.

 

"You've only just recovered from your bout of weariness. I'd hate to see you exhaust yourself again so soon."

 

I met Eoin's gaze with a determined expression, eager to demonstrate my readiness for the challenges that lay ahead.

 

"I appreciate your concern, Eoin. Rest assured, I feel much stronger now. I won't push myself beyond my limits."

 

Eoin nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of his weathered visage. "I trust your judgment, lad. You've shown great resilience since you've arrived here. Just be mindful of your surroundings and keep an eye out for any dangers. The forest can be unforgiving to those who let their guard down."

 

"I will remain vigilant, Eoin," I assured him, grateful for his words of caution and encouragement.

 

"Your guidance has been invaluable. I won’t be staying long in Glasraig."

 

Eoin patted my shoulder, his touch reassuring and filled with unwavering support. "Remember what I taught you about the staff. It's not just a simple piece of wood. Use it wisely, and it will serve you well."

 

I rested for a few more hours in the farm, waiting until my weariness wore off. I then decided to spend my spare points, putting all of it into my Constitution attribute.

 

[Ferdinand Tamadito]

[Human]

<Mage-Class X>

Level 4

[XP:3/1264]

[Status]

<HP:105/105>

<Stamina:127/127>

<Mana:925/925>

<Satiation:247/254>

Weariness: 0.5%

The individual is full of energy, highly resilient, and capable of enduring extended periods of physical and mental exertion.

Uninjured

Regeneration rate at normal level [100%]

[Attributes]

Strength: 10

Dexterity: 10

Agility: 10

Intelligence: 10 [1,000]

Constitution: 25

Charisma: 10

[Buffs]

<Magician's Blood>

[You hail from a lineage of renowned magicians.]

[Intelligence multiplier +100%]

<Arcane Insight>

[Attains a heightened state of awareness, granting the ability to perceive and comprehend one's own stats with extraordinary clarity.]

 

As I readied myself to depart for the forest, I noticed the presence of Shane, lingering near the edge of the farm. His typically sullen expression was replaced with an uncharacteristic calmness, as if he understood the gravity of my undertaking. I met his gaze, offering a nod of acknowledgment, which he returned with a subtle lift of his hand.

 

Equipped with a sturdy staff and a satchel filled with provisions procured by Eoin, I ventured beyond the familiar confines of the Kilarney farm, guided by a persistent determination to level up. The forest loomed before me, its towering canopy casting a dappled shadow over the earthy path that led deeper into its heart. Using [Fire Magic], I casted a small ball of flame with the staff, just as Eoin had instructed me to earlier. The darkness crept away as the ball of flame settled above the staff, acting as my torch in this journey.

 

As I crossed the threshold into the woodland's embrace, a sense of tranquility enveloped me, the rhythmic rustle of leaves and the harmonious symphony of nature instilling a calming reassurance. I treaded carefully, my senses attuned to the subtle shifts in the forest's ambience, alert for any sign of the creatures that called this woodland their home.

 

The verdant underbrush gave way to winding trails, each one leading deeper into the heart of Glasraig. Beams of moonlight filtered through the dense foliage, painting intricate patterns of light and shadow that danced along the forest floor. I inhaled the earthy aroma that permeated the air, feeling the interconnected pulse of life that thrummed through this untamed realm.

 

Glasraig was alive with the echoes of its inhabitants, a chorus of rustling leaves and distant calls of natural harmony. My steps were measured, each footfall as cautious as one another, trying not to disrupt the delicate balance that existed between myself and the wilderness that surrounded me.

 

A rustling of leaves caught my attention, and there it was…

 

A beast of might and fury.

1