Why I Hate Work
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked, seeing all the best things in this world and beyond! Books, Fictional books to be precise, the gateways between worlds. I left, dismayed as soon it was time for work, a world of capitalism and greed. I ran past a paper stand with one strange paper, ‘A Leading Scientist in Theoretical Physics Has Found a Way to Open Other Dimensions’. Damn clickbait, I thought as I continued running.

  As I ran back to my car, I passed the article again. I drove to my work yelling at people on their phones walking in the road during a green light and cars stopping. Why the heck are people so distracted while driving, it was ridiculous. I didn't hit many red lights and barely managed to get on time, exhausted I ran up the stairs, dang colleges leaving me to run as they went up the elevator. 

As I had arrived the manager scolded me for getting there barely on time. So, I worked, worked, worked, and worked. As I had continued working, I kept getting this nagging feeling something was happening. I used my break and looked at the News and there was my company's name on all of them, so I looked and found out that the portal discovery wasn’t a hoax. How hadn’t I noticed that we were working on this, this was a big thing. So that was why I was so much busier today and why our stocks went up so much! I left for lunch and crossed half the road when a levitating portal opened, shrouded in an aura of darkness, and a petrifying voice announced, "Mere mortal dare to summon me. Ha, you selfish mortals aren't worth my presence, but this may be.”

  The thing snapped. I ran frightened. How was this happening? As I ran, and ran I heard something, felt something. I looked up and saw a screen? Something like a translucent video screen that reads ‘Quest 1’. Then it read ‘Quest difficulty: ???  Completion requirements: Survive Duration: 2 Hours.’ Survive, how do I see this, why is it here? How can this happen? Why does it say that? Wait, it added something. ‘Quest reward: Unlock Potential’. What does it mean, and ‘reward’? I couldn't contemplate whether or not I was hallucinating because while this was weird, I was going to try to survive anyway, so I might as well ride this out. Then something landed in front of me.

(I wrote this a long time ago, so this is probably bad, sorry)

Should I continue this or do a different story I have saved?
  • Continue this.
  • Stop and do a different story.
  • You're the author you choose.
Total voters: 1 · This poll was closed on Jan 9, 2024 05:41 PM.
0