The Start of an Adventure
128 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(I've had to do days of research on Danmachi stuff, because there's just so much to learn. I've seen the anime up to season 2, but there's still a lot of stuff I need to learn.

Also Kuino's theme is Elves Army by Ronen Sakal.

The first time I actually have a theme for a character without needing the help of the readers.

Also at the end of each season I will have my own arc for Kuino. I have the first one fully planned out and most of the second, but I still don't really know how long those chapters will be. But I do hope you'll stay and give the first few chapters a read, just to give it a taste.)

"Long ago, we the gods descended to the lower world of you, our children, seeking excitement. And so we decided... We would live here in the lower world forever. Sealing our godly powers away, we would live happily, surrounded by discomfort and inconvenience."

In the large city of Orario, many adventures make their way to a large tower. This tower is named Babel and it was built over a dungeon that resides below it.

"The only thing we could grant to you is the Blessing. The power to fight monsters. Those children to whom this power is granted become family to the god: Familia."

Deep within the dungeon the growls of many monsters echo on the 14th floor. Then a high pitched scream rings out.

 In other words, you two are my family now. The two sole members of the Hestia Familia. Are you two listening, Bell? Kuino?"

Runs around a corner is a male Elf, with slight feminine features, with long jade green hair that's put into a pony tail, that goes down just to his shoulders. A few strands of hair frame his face. A pair of crimson eyes and long ears. A green shirt with a short right sleeve and the left sleeve goes all the way down to his hand, it covers his hand leaving his fingers free. 

A pair of green pants with brown boots, a black belt on his waist. He also wears some small leather chest armor, and some on his legs. He has a brown cape with golden edges, a Jade Dragon is sown onto the back.

This Elf stops and puts his back against the wall as he holds a simple glaive with a wooden handle and a few chips in the blade, to his chest. He takes several deep breaths as sweat drops down his brow. 

This Elf is named Kuino Indyo. He's also 5'6'' (170.7 cm.)

"Oh, I hope they lost me." Kuino's soft voice rings out.

After taking a few deep breaths, Kuino wipes the sweat from his head and slowly peeks around the corner, only to see a large pack of Kobolds just beyond it.

After taking a few deep breaths, Kuino wipes the sweat from his head and slowly peeks around the corner, only to see a large pack of Kobolds just beyond it

Kuino blinks a few times, and the large pack of Kobolds roars at him and he screams and starts running. The Kobolds swiftly give chase.

"Daar los ni fos Zu'u laan!" Kuino screams in a strange language as tears fall from his eyes.

Kuino keeps running, his hair swaying behind him and ears bouncing with each step. He keeps running until he slides around a corner and swiftly comes to a dead end.

Kuino's ears droop as he stares at the wall in front of him. "Oh... crap..." He turns around to see the Kobolds run around the corner.

Kuino yells as he points the blade of his glaive at the pack. "Feel the wrath of these heavenly flames: Fireball!"

A large fireball appears at the tip of his glaive and flies into the Kobolds. They all go up into a burst of flames as their howls of pain echo in the floor. Kuino falls to his butt as he watches all the Kobolds burn alive.

He then sighs as sweatdrops. "As a great wizard once said, 'Fireball solves everything.'" 

Kuino raises an arm up as a burning Kobold falls in front of him, he slides back slightly as the heat starts to slightly burn him. He watches as all the Kobolds disappear, along with the fire, leaving behind magic stones.

Kuino sighs in relief as he stands up and starts collecting the magic stones and putting them in a pouch. He then looks around for any more monsters, before bending over and sighing. "I really shouldn't have come this deep."

Kuino puts his glaive on his back and the pouch on his belt next to a slightly large pouch. His ears twitch as he looks around.

"I should head back up." Kuino scratches his cheek. "Maybe Bell's in the dungeon, if he is I should see how he's doing." The wall behind him starts to crack open and more Kobolds start to come out. Kuino starts to shiver and runs for his life. "I shouldn't have come this deep!"

.

.

.

Kuino slowly walks out of the dungeon with a tired look, several scrapes line his body. A few passing adventures give him confused looks. Kuino puts a hand through his long hair as he yawns, revealing all his teeth are sharp.

"Isn't that Jeidodoragon?" An adventurer questions. 

"What go him so rough looking?" Another questions.

"I wonder why someone like the Jade Dragon isn't in a more popular familia." Another adventurer questions. 

Kuino sighs as he makes his way out of Babel. 'I didn't see Bell down there, so maybe he's back at the church?'

Suddenly he crosses paths with a familiar face.

Suddenly he crosses paths with a familiar face

"Miss Wallenstain?" Kuino tilts his head.

Ais stops in front of him. "Kuino." She gives a slight nod. "Just coming out?"

Kuino nods. "Yeah, I went in there at first light this morning. Made my way down to the fourteenth before coming back up." 

"It is not recommended to go down that far without a party."

Kuino nervously laughs as he scratches his cheek. "Yeah, I know. I just wanted to see if I could handle it..." He grows a dead look in his eyes as he looks down. "I couldn't. But I must head back to the guild, so see you later!" He waves to her as he walks off.

Ais gives a small bow. "Have a good day." 

"Ais, come on!" A loud voice yells from the side. "We gotta turn these stones in!"

"Coming."

.

.

Kuino smiles as he walks through the streets of Orario. 

'It's been nearly two years since I've arrived here. Been about just over a year since I've been in Hestia's familia.'

A few street vendors call out to Kuino and he waves back at them.

'And it's nearly been thirteen years since...' Kuino shakes his head. 'I shouldn't think about that, I need to be happy for the present, not be sad about the past. Though I do wonder how the other three are doing, being under Uncle's care?'

Kuino arrives at the guild and he enters it with a smile. He looks around, spotting many adventures around looking at the mission board, chatting or flirting. He looks around and spots his advisor.

"Miss Rose!" Kuino calls out with a smile as he runs over.

Rose's wolf ears flickers and she turns towards Kuino, with a look of indifference on her face

Rose's wolf ears flickers and she turns towards Kuino, with a look of indifference on her face. "Kuino, good to see your still alive."

Kuino reaches Rose and he gains a smirk and pounds his chest. "It is hard to kill the great Kuino Indyo!" He laughs with confidence. 

Rose just stares at him, and Kuino stops laughing and grows nervous under her gaze. She then turns around and starts putting books on a shelf. "So how far down did you go today?"

Kuino grows more nervous as he starts to touch the tips of his fingers together. "Uh... hehe... the fourteenth floor..."

A book drops onto the ground as Rose freezes. She slowly turns around and glares at Kuino. "Even for a level two it is dangerous to go down that far without at least another level two. You know that!"

Kuino's ears droop as he shrinks under her glare. "Sorry, I just wanted to test myself."

Rose sighs and puts a hand on her forehead. "Look, Kuino, I don't want to see you hurt or anything, so please don't go that low without another level two or a party. Please."

Kuino straightens up and nods. "Yes, ma'am."

A ghost smiles forms on Rose's face. "Good, now go turn in your stones and get some lunch."

Kuino's crimson eyes glow in excitement as he runs over to the receptionist desk and deposits his magic stones. He receives 3,200 Valis. He then heads towards the door and comes across another familiar face.

"Hello, Miss Eina!" Kuino smiles.

Eina smiles back at Kuino as she shuffles some of the papers in her arms

Eina smiles back at Kuino as she shuffles some of the papers in her arms. "Hello, Kuino. How are you today?"

The two elves walk towards the doors of the guild.

"Well, Rose kinda got mad at me." Kuino states.

"Why is that?" Eina asks.

"Well... IWentDownToTheFourtheenthFloor."

Eina blinks a few times. "...What?"

"Hehe, never mind."

The two exit the guild.

"Well, whatever you did, please don't make Rose mad." Eina asks. "She does worry about you all the time, so don't make it harder on her."

Kuino rubs his head. "Okay."

"Miss Eina!" Bell's voice rings out. "Kuino!"

"Bell." Eina greets as she looks over to him.

"Bell! Druv los sos pah avok hi! " Kuino screams in a strange language.

Bell, who is completely covered in blood, waves as he runs towards them. Eina screams in fright, making her papers fly everywhere.

"Please tell me more about Miss Ais Wallenstein!" Bell shouts

"Please tell me more about Miss Ais Wallenstein!" Bell shouts.

.

.

In the guild Eina sits across from a washed Bell, and Kuino. Bell told Eina and Kuino what happened to him.

"You shouldn't have done that." Eina says to Bell. Then she lightly glares at him as she leans forward. "Going down to level five like that. Just going down into a dungeon solo without a party is dangerous enough! You two really should work together instead of going in and working alone! What am I always telling you Bell? An adventurer shouldn't go looking for adventure! And Kuino, do I need to get Rose to give you another lecture?"

Bell bows his head. "I know, I'm sorry."

Kuino shakes his head. "No Miss Eina, sorry."

Eina leans back in her seat. "Bell, you are very, very lucky. You're a level one adventurer who's only just started going down into the dungeon six months ago. You got attacked by a Minotaur and still managed to get back in one piece. And you're lucky you have a level two adventurer sitting next to you, that can help you in the dungeon."

Kuino smiles and nods.

"Right." Bell replies as he looks down.

Eina leans forward and flicks Bell on the forehead. he looks up at her. "Anyway, I'm glad you're alright. Anyway, be more careful next time. And maybe stop running through town drenched in blood, okay?"

Bell smiles. "Right."

"Yeah, that can make a lot of the people in the guild worry, if you do that." Kuino scratches his cheeks he laughs.

Bell glances at Kuino in questions as said Elf quiets down. 

Bell then suddenly grows nervous. "Anyway... Do you know anything about Miss Ais?" He asks Eina.

Eina puts a finger on her chin. "What?" She grows a smug look. "You mean Lady Wallenstein, the one who saved you?"

"N-No. I mean, yes."

"Have you fallen for her?"

"Yes!" Bell suddenly shouts as he puts his hands behind his neck.

"That was quick." Kuino mutters.

Eina puts a finger on her cheek in thought. "Ais Wallenstein. A member of the Loki Familia. Currently a level five. Probably the best or second-best sword in Orario, the gods have granted her the title of Kenki, or 'Sword Princess'."

Bell rests his arms over his knees. "Even I know that about her."

"Well, she is a nice person." Kuino states. "I've spoken to her a few times over the past couple years."

"Well, what is she into? What are her favorite foods, and, well..."

"Does she have a special somebody as a partner?" Eina finishes for Bell.

Bell swiftly leans forward. "Y-yeah!"

"Let's see... Not that I've heard about, yet."

Bell grows a big smile. "Really?"

Eina smiles and her glasses shine. "Still, considering this realistically, I think this will be kind of difficult."

Bell frowns in disappear.

"Miss Eina, you didn't have to put it like that." Kuino sweat drops.

"I had to give it to him straight, Kuino." Eina states.

The three get up and head towards the entrance, Kuino stays a few steps behind them.

"You've already been given the Blessing by the goddess Hestia, and are part of the Hestia Familia, right?" Eina asks Bell. "There'd be all sorts of problems with you trying to approach Lady Wallenstein, who's considered a high-level member of the Loki Familia. You know that, right?"

Bell sighs as the three stop and he looks to his advisor.

"Come on, cheer up." Eina smiles. "Now, go cash in the magic stones you earned today."

"Right..." Bell walks over to the receptionist desk.

Kuino walks up beside Eina. "I think he has a chance with her."

Eina raises an eyebrow. "You know it'll be impossible."

"My old god always said, 'If it's impossible, then do the Impossible.' So I think he can do it."

Eina smiles. "He must have been a wise god."

Kuino closes his eyes crimson eyes. "Sometimes... if he wasn't sleeping, or eating turkey... or getting yelled at by his wife for doing stupid things." Kuino sighs. "Times we're simple then."

Bell walks back. "Well, I think I'll call it a day. You coming back too, Kuino?"

Kuino nods and him and Bell start to walk out.

"Bell." Eina calls out, causing him to stop, Kuino walks past him and stops by the door. "You know, women are attracted to strong, dependable men... So, maybe, if you don't give up and work really hard, a stronger you might catch Lady Wallenstein's attention."

Bell smiles brightly. "Hai!" He then bows to Eina. "Thank you so much, Miss Eina! I love you!"

Bell runs over to Kuino as the elf opens the door and runs out. Kuino follows after Bell.

Eina puts a hand on her cheek. "Maybe I was too easy on him."

Rose walks over and stares out the doors. "Those two are gonna cause so much trouble, I feel it."

Eina smiles. "Oh, be happy that you have an adventurer that hasn't died on you yet."

Rose just huffs and walks off.

The sun sets over Orario and magic lamps start to turn on as Bell and Kuino run through the streets, towards their home.

"Kuino, this world is a dangerous place, dangers fill every corner of it." A firm male voice echoes in Kuino's head. "So us gods and their Familia's are here to make it a safer place for everyone. We will once day make this place a paradise where there are no dangers. That's the dream of my Familia."

'A paradise for everyone to live in, it's a hard dream to achieve, but it's something I strive to accomplish.' Kuino says in thought. 'I might not even get close to it, but at least I have a goal to work towards, a reason to stay as an adventurer and get stronger.'

Bell and Kuino arrive at a slightly run down church. Several windows have been replaced and the doors look slightly new. Some boards cover up a few other windows.

The two enter the church and head into it's basement.

"Goddess, we've returned." Bell announces.

"YAY!" Hestia, their goddess, tackles Bell into a hug. "Welcome home, Bell, Kuino!" She then hugs Kuino. She looks up at her two Familia members. "You've both returned early today."

Bell smiles

Bell smiles. "Yeah, I nearly got killed in the dungeon."

Kuino nervously chuckles. "That's not something to smile about."

Hestia starts to check over Bell and Kuino. "Are you two alright?! Do you hurt anywhere?! If either of you get killed, it would be such a shock to me!" 

Hestia lifts up one of Kuino's long ears and he shivers a little. Bell grabs Hestia off Kuino and sets her on her feet.

"You act kinda like my mom did." Kuino states.

"I feel like I'm your mother!" Hestia states.

Bell chuckles and kneels down to get on Hestia's level. "We're fine, Goddess. We're the only members of the Hestia Familia. I wouldn't do anything that would leave a goddess stranded by the wayside and neither would Kuino."

Hestia smiles. "Alright, then! Seeing as you've said that, I'll relax and expect you two to be just fine!" She bounces a little. "Oh, yeah! Today, I brought you both a tasty treat!" She moves to the side and motions to a nearby table. "Ta-daaa!"

On the table is a bowl of potato balls.

Bell takes off his coat and hangs it up

Bell takes off his coat and hangs it up.

Kuino takes off his cape and hangs it up, then leans his glaive under his cape. Then he starts to untie his hair. "What's with the potato balls?" 

Hestia puts her hands on her hips and smiles brightly. "I started a part time job with the food cart here, right? A customer was full, so he gave them to me!"

Kuino undoes his jade green hair and it falls just past his shoulders. He runs his hands through it a couple times. He grabs a chair and brings it over to the table.

"Why don't we turn dinner tonight into a party?" Hestia asks. "Bell, Kuino, you two are not going to sleep tonight!" She gives the two a wink and a thumbs up.

Kuino sighs in sadness. "Darn, I like sleeping though."

Bell gives small claps. "That's wonderful, Goddess!"

Hestia giggles to herself.

.

.

Moonlight shines down onto the church as the three inside start to eat. Kuino sits on a chair across the table from Hestia and Bell, who are sitting on a slightly ruined couch.

Kuino grabs a potato ball and sprinkles some salt onto it. 

Hestia takes a bite of her potato. "Still, not many people seemed interested in joining this Familia. Then again, I'm not a well-known god, so I guess it can't be helped."

Kuino takes a bit of his potato and smiles as he puts a hand on his cheek.

Bell sprinkles some salt onto his potato. "Even though you can receive the Blessing under any god's patronage." He bites into the potato.

"Well, as for me..." Hestia starts, she glances at Bell with a smirk. "I wouldn't mind it just the three of us a little longer."

Kuino stops mid bite and looks between Bell and Hestia. Bell glances at Hestia and she blushes and looks away.

"Nothing!" She shouts. "Nothing!" She then brings the potato up to her mouth. "It must be hard for you two, carrying this burden just the two of you."

"Please don't be concerned." Bell says. "Even the Deusdea have to work, too."

Kuino finishes his potato and rubs the back of his head. "Hehe, this isn't that big of a burden. So please don't worry about it."

Hesita rapidly eats her potato

Bell then speaks. "Look how you procured this fine dinner for us tonight."

"Yeah, but all I got is this." Hestia says. "I wish I could use Arcanum, the power of the gods, but there's a rule against activating it here in the lower world. I'm sorry you two pledged yourselves to such a lame god."

"Goddess, what are you saying?!" Bell nearly shouts.

Kuino stands up rapidly, nearly knocking his chair over. "Yeah, come on, please don't say that!

"Our Familia is only just getting started! If we just get through this, our lives will get so much easier! Right?"

Tears start to form in Hestia's eyes. "Bell...!"

"Goddess, I will help bring you to a great victory, with that victory there will be many people lining up to join us!" Kuino throws his hands up. "Then we will be able to afford as much turkey as we want!"

Hestia smiles. "Kuino...!" She gives the two a big smile. "Thank you. I'm so happy to have met the two of you." She sniffs and rubs the tears away from her eyes, before standing up on the couch. "Okay, them! For the sake of our future, let's update out status!"

"Right, Goddess!" Bell and Kuino agree.

Kuino goes up first and he takes off his shirt, revealing a large red dragon tattoo on his left arm. The tail wraps around his left shoulder and coils down his arm where the head is on the top of his left hand. 

Kuino has a slightly toned stomach with a little bit of muscle on his arms.

 Kuino lays on the couch and Hestia sits on her back as she drops a little blood onto her Familia symbol on his back. Bell watches in amazement as Hestia watches Kuino's stats increase. Then after she finishes updating his states she puts a piece of paper on his back and "Prints" his stats onto it.

"You are growing strong pretty fast, Kuino." Hestia states. "But don't let that get to your head, so always keep at a steady pace and don't push yourself to hard."

Hestia gets off Kuino's back and he sits up. "Yes, Goddess."

Hestia hands Kuino the paper and he reads it over. 

Kuino Indyo

STR   F 350 -->  F 354
VIT    E 400 -->  E 425
DEX  E 410 -->  E 423
  AGI   E 480  -->  D 503
MAG B 700 -->  B 750

Magic: Fire Ball, Flame Burst, █████████
Skills: Magicae venae: Magia percurrit sanguinem, magicam augens.
Development Ability: (D) Draconis voluntatem: Cum contra fortiorem hostem pugnant, status crescit ut facultas pugnandi utentis fortior sit. Quo firmiores hostes, eo majores stati aucti sunt.

'My stats still won't tell me my real last name.' Kuino says in thought. 'I don't remember my last name, Indyo was just something my old god would call me.'

"Wow, you got a good increase in all stats, Kuino." Bell says in amazement.

"Yeah, but my magic is always ahead of everything." Kuino then turns to Hestia. "And you still can't read my skill and development ability?"

Hestia shakes her head. "I don't know why I'm not able to read it. I even put the description of the skill and ability in there today, to see if I could read it, but I still can't. But I am curious why I can never get your third magic to print probably, or for it even to show up correctly when I'm looking at it. I just feel like you should consider yourself lucky to have a third magic at such a low level, most don't get it till much later, and some don't even get the third at all."

Hestia then rubs her eyes. "But, there is a weird... glitch... in your stats. It seems to maybe be another Magic or another skill. I can't tell. It hurts my eyes just looking at it, it's most likely a skill, having a fourth magic slot is like, impossible. If only your old god was here, he's probably the reason for it."

Kuino sighs. "I want to wait a while longer before I level up, I want to get all my stats to S before leveling up. I want to be as strong as possible for each level."

Kuino sets the paper down and stands up, he starts putting his shirt on.

Hestia nods. "I guess that makes sense, but don't push yourself to get there."

Kuino gets his shirt on and nods to his goddess. "Yes, Goddess."

Kuino walks off as Bell starts to take his shirt off. Kuino walks into the bathroom and grabs his tooth brush and starts to brush his abnormally sharp teeth.

'My old Familia was full of powerhouses and many famous adventurers.' Kuino mindlessly starts to brush his teeth as he gets lost in thought. 'Like the Magnus of Flowers, the Crimson Demon, The Crimson Chief, Golden Arrow, The Bard. That's just a few of the many.' He sighs as he brushes a little bit of hair behind his ear. 'After the incident, there are only four of us now. We had to disband after all that, they stayed with my Uncle. I stayed for a while, but I just had to get out of Draco aureus and come to Orario.' 

Kuino slowly stops brushing and his ears droop. The after a few seconds he shakes his head.

"Ugh, I can't be sad, that all happened a long time ago." Kuino whispers and he smiles and continues brushing his teeth. 'I must be happy in the present.'

Bell walks up beside Kuino and starts brushing his teeth. Kuino feels an angry presence behind him, and he looks back to see Hestia pouting and glaring at Bell. Kuino grows confused.

.

.

.

Morning light shines through the floor boards of the church and into the basement. Kuino is laying in a mess of blankets on the floor. Light shines onto his face and he groans, covering his head with a blanket. Soft snores are are under the blanket a few seconds later.

Bell's grunts of confusion and embarrassment rumble Kuino from his slumber. He yawns and sits up. His long jade green hair is messy and his eyes show off tiredness. He looks to the side and sees Bell panicking as Hestia invaded his cough and is sleeping on him. 

Kuino just blinks in tiredness a few times before yawning and getting up. "I'm too tired for that." he whispers as he grabs a brush off a nearby table and starts brushing his hair.

Bell manages to get off the couch without waking Hestia up and he gets ready for the day. Kuino keeps brushing his hair as Bell puts on his coat.

"Do you want me to wait for you?" Bell asks as he stands at the bottom of the stairs.

"No... I'll meet you in the dungeon." Kuino keeps brushing his hair, grimacing as he brushes a few knots out.

Bell nods. "Okay, don't be too long." Bell goes up the stairs and heads out.

Kuino yawns as he sets down his brush and stretches.

"Bell, you idiot..." Hestia mutters in her sleep.

Kuino's long ears twitch a couple times, but he just starts putting his hair into a pony tail. Then he silently gets up and grabs his cape and puts it on. He adjusts his outfit a little before looking at a nearby mirror.

Kuino chuckles and puts a hand over one of his crimson eyes. "Everyone will fear the name of the Jeidodoragon!" He throws a hand out to the mirror as he poses, his eyes shine as well.

Everything is silent except the snores of Hestia. Kuino sighs and grabs his glaive and heads up the stairs.

.

.

Kuino smiles to himself as he walks down the mostly empty streets of Orario. He hums a tune as he looks up to the bright blue sky. He passes by the fame Hostess of Fertility, when suddenly something jumps out from inside at him.

"Kuino, Nya!" A cat girl hugs Kuino.

"Hello, Anya." Kuino smiles.

"Are you heading to the dungenyan today?" Anya asks as she takes a step back from Kuino

"Are you heading to the dungenyan today?" Anya asks as she takes a step back from Kuino.

Kuino nods. "I'm heading in with my Familia member, Bell, today."

Anya smiles. "Well, good luck!" She perks up. "I made this for Yonya!" 

Anya holds out a little box covered in cloth. Kuino grabs it and looks at it.

"You know you don't have to do this for me." Kuino states.

"I know, moew!" Anya gets close to real close to Kuino. "Nayabe I like doing it for a handsome elf like yourself." She winks as Kuino's face slowly turns red.

'Always with the flirting with her!' Kuino yells in thought. 'I can't tell if she likes me, or if she just likes teasing!' He clears his throat, as his blush slowly disappears. "W-Well, thank you, but I must go now!" 

Kuino goes to take off, but he suddenly shivers. A feeling as if someone was looking right through him. He shakes off the feeling and runs towards Babel.

Syr walks out from the pub and glances in Kuino's direction. "Was that Kuino?"

Ayna nods and smirks to herself

Ayna nods and smirks to herself. "Hehe, Yup."

Syr hums as she looks at the jade haired elf.

.

.

.

Kuino flips through the air and lands on a Kobold's back, before stabbing it through the hair with his glaive. It lets out a roar before falling to the ground and disappearing, leaving a magic stone behind.

Kuino lands on the ground and flicks the blood on his glaive to the side. He looks behind him to see Bell starting to pick up the magic stones they left behind. Kuino picks up a couple of stones before heading over to Bell.

"How long till I catch up to Miss Ais at this rate?" Bell questions.

"Realistically..." Kuino steps up beside Bell and slightly bends over. "A very long time."

"Thanks for the confidence, Kuino." Bell sighs. "Miss Eina's always telling me that building experience is important, but..." Bell picks up a Kobold tooth. "Hm? A dropped item! Lucky me!"

Kuino smiles. "Good job, Bell. Maybe we'll get another one later today."

Suddenly cracking is heard behind them and they both hum as they look back. Many cracks appear on the walls as Kobolds climb out of them. 

Bell sweats a little. "That's a lot of them."

Kuino gives a scared chuckle as he twirls his glaive and points it towards the pack of Kobolds.

"Should we run?" Bell questions. "But..." Kuino looks at Bell in question as he sees a blush grow across the boys face. "I'll..." He runs towards the large pack of Kobolds with a knife in hand. "I'll give it a try!"

Kuino shouts in shock. "BELL!" Kuino lowers himself towards the ground. "With Heavens swiftness I will catch up to you: Flame Burst!

Flames shoot out from behind Kuino and he launches towards Bell and the Kobolds.

.

.

.

Later that night Bell and Kuino had their status updated and Bell yells in shock. Hestia is pouting on the end of her bed. Kuino has his cape off and his hair undone.

Kuino looks at his stats. "Finally, my strength got a larger increase today, oh, my endurance did too." He rubs his cheek, where a small bruise is.

"Goddess, are you sure this isn't a mistake?!" Bell screams. "My experience level's risen over 160!" He turns to Hestia and points at the paper. "Look, I only took one attack, and my endurance climbed to nearly 30! My strength and skill, too! This has never happened before!"

Hestia don't respond and just stands up, keeping her back turned to Bell. Kuino tilts his head in question. 

"G-Goddess?" Bell calls out as he reaches out to her. Hestia just keeps pouting as she glances at him. "Um, well... That is... Wondering why I'm suddenly improving so quickly."

"I could care less!" Hestia opens up a wardrobe and grabs something within.

"Goddess?" Kuino calls out as Hestia puts on a coat. "Um... where are you going?"

Hestia slams the wardrobe shut and stomps towards the stairs.

"I..." Hestia starts. "I have to open the food cart!" She points at Bell. "Since you spread your wings all by yourself, you can have a lonely feat with Kuino, too! But if you two go out, make sure to stay together!" She runs up the stairs and out of the church.

Bell and Kuino are stunned and remain silent and still for a few moments. Kuino then turns to Bell. "What did you do?"

"I don't know!" Bell nearly shouts, then gets hit in the face by his coat.

"Come on, let's go out to eat. There's a place I want to show you that has really good food." Kuino says as he puts on his cape and ties his hair back up. 

.

.

Kuino and Bell arrive outside of the Hostess of Fertility. 

"The 'Abundant crop of hostesses' Pub..." Bell reads the sign next to the pub's open door.

"Trust me, Bell, this place has the best food in Orario." Kuino says in excitement as his crimson eyes shine.

Suddenly Syr walks out from inside the pub. "Mr Adventurer! You came." She notices Kuino. "Ah, Kuino, I haven't seen you in a long time!"

"Yeah." Bell smiles.

Kuino gives a small bow. "Hello, Syr." 'She always gave me a weird feeling, I could never figure out why.'

Syr turns to Bell. "I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Syr Flover." She gives a small bow.

Then Syr drags the two inside and seats them right at the main counter, where Mia, the owner of the Pub, sets down a large plate of food in front of our two adventurers. A large plate of roasted turkey is set in front of Kuino and his eyes shine with stars as drool falls from the side of his mouth.

A large plate of noodles is set in front of Bell.

"Are you a friend of Syr's and Kuino's?" Mia asks. "You're cute for an adventurer."

Bell stares at his large plate of food in shock

Bell stares at his large plate of food in shock. Kuino is happily humming as he chews on a turkey leg, his ears wiggling as well.

"Please don't tease me." Bell asks.

"Thank you, Mama Mia!" Kuino smiles.

Mia laughs. "You're a good kid, Kuino!"

Bell then starts to mutter, loudly. "This cost 300 valis, Kuino's 350. The drinks are 400 valis. Thanks to that dropped item, I have 4400 valis on me, but I want to save some for the Familia, so..." A large plate fried catfish is set next to Bell and he yells in shock."

Mia winks at Bell. "You don't have nearly enough, right? This is today's special."

"I didn't order it, though!"

"You're so straightlaced for a kid! Be more like Kuino, relaxed!" Mia motions to Kuino.

Kuino freezes up, a turkey bone sticking out the front of his mouth. Buts of turkey and mashed potatoes cover the sides of his face. Kuino slowly takes the bone out of his mouth and cleans up his face as he nervously laughs.

Mia walks off.

Bell looks at a nearby board. "Today's special is..." His eyes widened in shock. "850 VALIS?!"

Kuino waves his hand as he sticks another turkey leg in his mouth. "Ehh, just enjoy the food, Bell."

Syr pops over. "How is it? Are you enjoying yourself?"

"I'm overwhelmed." Bell states.

Kuino raises a hand and speaks with a mouth full of food. "I'm enjoying myself."

Sry giggles. "Sorry. Looks like I'll be earning a lot tonight."

Bell deadpans. "Good for you." He takes a bite of the fried catfish.

"Isn't this place interesting, with all the different people who come? They say the more people there are, the more there is to discover. It makes my eyes shine to see all this. Maybe it's how coming in contact with others is an interest of mine. Or how it makes my heart throb..."

Bell slurps on his noodles. "Yeah, sounds pretty amazing."

Kuino sips on his drink. "I like meeting people, most of the time. I can get kinda nervous though."

"Meow!" Anya shouts at the entrance of the pub. "The party with the reservation's arrived-meow!"

Everyone goes quiet as Loki and several members of her Familia walk in. Their Captain Finn Deimne, Tiona Hiryute, Tione Hiryute, Bete Loga, Vice-Captain Riveria Ljos Alf, Gareth Landrock, Lefiya Viridis and Ais Wallenstein.

Kuino glances at the Loki familia, and his eyes land on Riveria.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6772354f39635a706e555a634e513d3d2d313339343533343638332e313739336233626336346161396637343131313031393037303137382e6a7067

 He lets out a thoughtful hum. 'She looks kinda like...' He starts to choke on some of his food.

Bell gasps and some noodles fall out of his mouth as he spots Ais.

Adventures start to murmur among themselves.

"Bell?" Syr waves a hand in front of Bell. "Bell?"

Kuino slams a hand on his chest and a bone flies out of his mouth and onto his empty plate. He takes a few deep breaths of air.

A few minutes later Loki and her familia get their food and drinks. Loki herself raises a mug up. "Everyone, nice work in the dungeon! Tonight, we feast! Drink hearty!"

Everyone hits their drinks together. "Drink hearty!"

Loki and her Familia start to drink and eat.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f714d446c45784f4e7374713654773d3d2d313339343533343638332e313739336233636564343533626665353532303634393230323339302e706e67

Syr, Bell and Kuino watch the Loki Familia.

"The Loki Familia are some of our best customers." Syr states. "Their patron god, Lady Loki, seems to like coming here."

Loki tries to get handsy with Ais, only to get hit on the head by said girl. Loki falls to the ground with a large bump on the head.

"Ais dear, that hurt!" Loki cries.

"Ye reap what ye sow." Riveria states.

Bell gets lost in thought while staring at Ais.

Kuino takes a large sip of his drink, and lets out a burp. "Oh, sorry."

Syr chuckles. "You know, Kuino, you really don't have the mannerism of an Elf."

Kuino chuckles and rubs the back of his head. "Well, I really didn't grow up with other elves honestly. Only my father and a couple of his friends were the only elves in my old Familia. They we're the only ones I ever talked to before moving to Draco Aureus."

"Oh, I've always wanted to go there. I heard it's a pretty big and important port city."

"Funny enough, my Uncle runs the city."

"Sir D-"

"Okay!" Bete's voice rings out, interrupting Syr. "Ais, it's about time you told everyone the story!"

"The story?" Ais asks.

"You know! On the way back, a few Minotaurs escaped, and you finished the last one on level 5, right? The time with Tomato Guy!"

Bell lightly gasps, Kuino's ears twitch as he looks at Bell shocked expression. 

Bete continues the story. "So, anyway, there's some newbie kid running around down there, and he takes off, with that Minotaur on his ass! Ais  slices it up, and the kid gets drenched in bull blood!"

Bell looks down and starts to shake as he grips his knees tightly. Kuino eyes soften. "Bell, don't let them get to you." He whispers to his friend.

"Looked like a big, red tomato!"

The Hiryute sisters laugh, though most of the Familia have disapproving looks.

Bete continues. "And know what happened? Tomato Guy runs off somewhere, screaming. He ran from our princess, the one who saved him!" He starts to laugh as he slaps his knees. "I mean, man, what a loser!"

Bell drips his pants tighter.

"I don't think it could have been helped in that situation." Ais states.

"Bete, that's enough." Riveria orders with an unhappy look. "It was our own error that allowed Minotaurs from level 17 to escape. You should be ashamed."

Bete slams his hand on the table. "What? Is the trash talking trash to me? What did I do wrong?"

Bell starts to heavily shake and grit his teeth. Kuino has a large frown on his face as he picks at what's left of his mashed potatoes. 

"Ais, what do you think?" Beta asks and leans over the table towards her. "For instance, who would you prefer, me or Tomato Guy? Well?!"

Finn holds up his hands. "Bete, you're drunk."

"I asked you a question, Ais. If that kid tried to woo you, would you accept? 'Caz I don't think so!"

"What a massive jerk." Kuino whispers in frustration as he angrily eats a little bit of food.

Bete leans slightly closer to Ais. "What? Some lame-ass nobody who's weaker than you? He has no right to stand next to you! Your own pride would never allow you to do it! A nobody wouldn't suit Ais Wallenstein!"

Bell suddenly stands up and runs out of the Pub.

"Bell!" Kuino holds his hand out and sighs in sadness as his ear droop.

Syr takes off after Bell. "Bell!"

Mia pops over. "What's going on?"

"Personal thinks Mama Mia." Kuino states and he grabs a large pouch off his belt and dumps a large amount of Valis into his hands and puts them on the counter. "Please don't be mad at Bell, it's not his fault. The food was really good, thank." Kuino stands up and gives a small bow to Mia as he puts his coin pouch back on his belt. "Have a good night."

Kuino walks out as Riveria ties up Bete and hangs him from the ceiling. 

Kuino glances at Bete and whispers in his foreign language. "Gahrk."

He passes Riveria and the two lock eyes for a few seconds before Kuino exits the pub.

Riveria watches Kuino leave with interest. 

"Some wrong Riveria, other than the obvious?" Finn asks.

"...No..." Riveria states. 'He looked so much like...'

"Riveria, let me down!" Bete shouts.

.

.

Kuino stands in the middle of the street and stares up to the tower of Babel. The moon shines just behind it.

"Bell, you can't let them get to you." Kuino whispers. "It's an important part of being an adventurer, not everyone will like you. I had many of the same experiences as you, cause there are a lot of people who don't like elves."

Kuino continues on his way towards the dungeon and after a few minutes he reaches the entrance.

'I really should have brought my glaive.' Kuino grumbles in thought. 'But maybe this'll help get my strength up, by fighting with my hands.'

Kuino goes to walk in, but he hears a commotion to the side.

"Come on, girl." A male adventurer is heard. "A new level one like you shouldn't be going in alone, you should come with us."

"Yeah, girlie, come with us." Another male is heard.

Kuino looks to the side and sees two male adventurers standing in front of a short female adventurer.  

"B-B-B-But I don't w-w-want to." The female slightly stutters with fear and nervousness. She tries to back away, but one of the males stop her.

"Oh, come on, it won't be that bad."

"There's always these kinds of people." Kuino huffs and walks towards them. "Hey, if she doesn't want to go with you, you shouldn't force her."

The three look over to him.

"Get out of her Elf, this doesn't concern you." The first male adventurer says.

"Man wait, that's the Jade Dragon." The second male adventurer states.

"So?"

"Haven't you heard that his fire magic is hotter than most! I ain't gonna stick around to get my dick burnt off dude. So let's go."

"Fine, she isn't even that good looking away."

The two males walk off as Kuino walks over to the female.

"Thank you." The female quietly says.

The female adventurer is not very tall, standing at 4'9'' (149 cm.). She has white hair with green highlights. Her left eye is pale gold while her right eye is ice blue. She wears some simple ice blue clothing with some leather armor. She has a large chest for her size.

A short sword is strapped to her waist. There is a noticeable scar on the left side of her head.

"There's always people trying to pray on the new female adventurers." Kuino states. "So I recommend coming with a Familia member next time." He smiles and holds his hand out. "Kuino Indyo, I'm from the Hestia familia.

The female slowly brings her hand out and grabs Kuino's hand and shakes it. "Sophia Bell, I-I'm from the Hermes Familia."

"Oh, that's cool. I wanted to get into Hermes, but they weren't taking people at the time."

The two let go of hands and Sophia grows a small smile, though she slightly sweats with nervousness. 

"I really only got in because my sister's in it." Sophia states. "She's r-r-really strong and cool, I want to be just like her. You may know her, her Alias is Freelancer."

Kuino gasps. "Wait, your sister is Freelancer?! She's really cool, wasn't she apart of the Astraea Famlia originally?"

Sophia nods. "S-She... She left because she felt like she failed as a Familia member. Letting many of her friends die. I also think it was because her two childhood friends died in her arms, and she couldn't handle being near the people that would remind her of them."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"I don't really remember them, I was stuck at the orphanage most of the time." Sophia sighs. "I hate putting all that on you, because we just met."

Kuino smiles. "Well, even though we just met, I feel like we'll be great friends!"

Sophia grows a small blush as she smiles. "Friends... I like that. So Kuino, I hope to see you again."

Kuino nods. "I hope so too." He turns and starts to run into the Dungeon. "Since you're new, I recommend only going to the third floor, and don't stay in here too long!"

Sophia waves to Kuino as he leaves, and she grows excited. "Oh, I can't wait to tell Ambré that I made a friend on my first day!"

.

.

.

Bell takes a couple breaths as he gets off the floor. Suddenly war shadows appear behind him and he turns to them.

"War shadows?!" Bell shouts.

They all go to charge him.

"Fireball!" Kuino's yells.

A large fireball blows up the group of war shadows, revealing our Elf standing behind them.

"Kuino?" Bell questions.

Kuino jumps over the fire burning between him and Bell. He lands in front of Bell and gives his slightly shorter friend a smile. "Remember what Hestia said, we need to stay together. So come on, let's take on the dungeon, together!" He holds his hand out.

Bell smirks and grabs Kuino's hand. "Together."

A couple of Frog Shooters hop towards them. The two smirk to each other and charge towards thier enemies.

'If I'm gonna become stronger, I'd like to have a few friends by my side while doing it.' Kuino says in thought as he readies his fists with a large smile on his face, showing off his sharp teeth.

.

.

.

The sun rises over the horizon as Hestia leans against the church doors. "Bell, Kuino, where have you two gone? They didn't come back at all last night. They wouldn't leave me like this, would they?" 

Footsteps echo and Hestia gasps as he looks to the side and sees Bell and Kuino slowly walking towards the church.

"Bell? Kuino?"

Both Bell and Kuino look in rough shape, well Bell more than Kuino.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6a725936435f666a4837495658673d3d2d313339343533343638332e313739336237366239643035346365363837383534373432363630382e706e67

Kuino has several bruises and scrapes on his face, his clothing has several tears. A little blood falls from the side of his head and the corner of his mouth. He has bags under his eyes as he can barely keep them open.

Hestia runs over to them, and catches Bell as he starts to fall over. A few drops of blood fall to the ground below Bell. "Bell!" Hestia shouts.

"Goddess." Bell looks up to Hestia with a smile. "I want to be strong."

Hestia smiles. "Right."

A loud thud is heard behind them and the two look to see Kuino laying face first on the ground. 

"Kuino!" Hestia shouts in worry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Well, I hope you liked the first chapter. The next won't be out till February or January. This is also the longest first chapter to a book I have made. The second being the my MGSV story, at about 6500 words.

11-02-2023

7957 words

2