The Little Supporter
59 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the Guild Bell is talking to Eina, while Kuino stands beside him.

"LEVEL SEVEN?!" Eina shouts, causing Kuino to cover his long ears. "You almost got yourself killed on Level Five not too long ago! Why would you be heading down to level Seven?! There's a limit on how stupid you can be!"

"But Miss Eina, he was with me." Kuino informs. "And he has improved a lot, since then. His Status is all the way up to E now!"

Eina grows confused about Bell's status. "Huh? E? That's impossible."

The three head off to the side and Bell shows Eina his back

Eina reads the Falna. "No way..." She mutters. "Your strength and endurance are both up to E. Agility... D?! Your Status has risen rapidly in only a short time. There are parts that I can't read, but your abilities are real."

Kuino looks over Bell's back and tries to read it, only for his eyes to start hurting as he does. Kuino takes a step back and rubs his eyes.

Bell lowers his shirt and stands up as he turns to Eina. "Then it'll be okay for me to search Level Seven, from here on?"

Eina closes her eyes. "It's true, with this Status, I have no reason not to clear you for Level Seven, but... If I do, the problem is..." She looks at Bell. "Bell, are you free tomorrow?"

Bell glances at Kuino, and he shrugs his shoulders.

.

.

.

Kuino sits in a pew and he kicks his legs in the air as he reads a piece of paper. His hair is undone as it lays off the side of the pew. Morning sunlight shines through the stained glass windows of the church.

Kuino has his shit off showing off his slightly tones body, and the red dragon tattoo that coils down his left arm.

Kuino Indyo

STR E 450 ---> E 467
VIT     E 468 ---> 479
DEX      E 470 ---> 487
AGI  D 598 ---> C 610
MAG A 830 ---> A 850

Magic: Fire Ball, Flame Burst, █████████,

丂ŴㄖR? ㄖF ???ㄖOS

Skills: Magicae venae
Dracones Usus: Velocius incrementum ob background draconem habens.

Development AbilityDraconis voluntatem - (D)

Kuino sighs as he lowers the paper. "Why can't my status be normal for once?" He then lifts up the paper and looks at his new skill Dracones Usus. "And this new skill... it seems to have something to do with my past maybe? Ugh, did my old god have to do this to my status? Maybe I should ask Myrrh when I see here again..."

Kuino then lowers the paper and closes his crimson eyes. After a few seconds he grunts and rolls off the pew and onto the stone floor with a bored look.

"Bell is off with Miss Eina and Goddess disappears somewhere..." Kuino sits up and starts to tie up his ling jade green hair. "Maybe I should head to the dungeon today." He then nods to himself. "Yes, that sound like a good idea, I should stop and talk to Miss Rose first."

Kuino nods to himself, his long ears bouncing. He then stands up and heads down to the basement of the church.

.

.

.

Kuino, with his shirt on now so it covers his tattoo, enters the guild with his glaive on his bad. Kuino looks around for his advisor, but grows confused when he can't spot her.

"Hmm?" Kuino tilts his head.

"Kuino." Rose speaks up behind Kuino, making him slightly jump.

"O-Oh, it's just your Miss Rose." Kuino sighs in relief as she looks up to Rose.

Rose raises an eyebrow, then continues. "Kuino, are you free today?"

"Hmm, yes. But why?"

The corner of Rose's mouth slightly curls up. "Good, meet me outside the guild in twenty minutes." She walks off.

"H-Huh, what? Why? Miss Rose?"

Rose disappears up to the second floor of the guild, leaving Kuino very confused.

"Oh, girls are so confusing sometimes." Kuino mutters as he leaves the guild.

.

.

Kuino is humming a small tune as he sits on a bench outside the guild.

"Kuino, I'm ready." Rose calls out.

"Okay, why di-" Kuino looks up towards Rose, and he blushes.

"What, Kuino?" Rose asks in her monotone voice, she holds a small bag in her hand

"What, Kuino?" Rose asks in her monotone voice, she holds a small bag in her hand.

Kuino looks away. "Sorry, I just didn't think Miss Rose would dress so nicely."

Rose walks up to Kuino. "Well, I felt a little pretty today. So get up, let's go." She begins to walk off.

"Huh, wait up!" Kuino gets up and runs to Rose. "Where are we going?"

"To get some lunch."

"What why, don't you have to work?"

Rose shakes her head. "All I had to do today was some paper work, and I finished that quite early. And besides, I do believe you need a small break today."

"Break?" Kuino tilts his head.

Rose firmly nods. "Yes, you did just fight an Infant Dragon the other day, and have been in the dungeon all of the past two days. You need regular breaks as to not tired yourself out. So I- We are giving you a mandatory break."

"But-"

Rose narrows her eyes at Kuino. "Kuino, are you talking back to me?"

Kuino quickly shakes his head in panic. "No, ma'am."

Rose smirks. "Good, so lets go."

Kuino looks at the bag in Rose's hand. "What's in the bad, Miss Rose?"

"Something for later." Rose states.

'Girls are always so confusing.' Kuino says in thought.

Rose and Kuino move throughout Orario, stopping at several shops to check their products. They stop at a couple carts, getting small portions of food.

Until they come to the Hostess of Fertility.

"Oh, Kuino!" Ayna smiles as she notices him and Rose. 

Kuino smiles and waves. "Hello, Anya."

Anya notices Rose standing beside Kuino, and she grows a smirk. "Who is this, Kuino? Your girlfriend~"

Small hints of red form on Rose's cheeks. "No, I'm his advisor giving him a mandatory break."

Anya just nods. "Sure~ Well, come on it and we'll get you some nice food."

Anya leads the two inside and sits them down at a table. They order some food and Anya walks to the kitchen.

Rose then sets the bag on the table and slides it over to Kuino. "Here, open it."

"Hmmm?" Kuino tilts his head in confusion. He grabs the bag and reaches into it. "Oh." He pulls out a chainmail chest piece. "Will this fit me?"

Kuino brings it to his chest and tries to guess if it would.

"It will." Rose states. "I had it measured to your specifics."

Kuino blinks a few times, and looks up at Rose. "How do you know my measurements?"

Rose suddenly blushes slightly. "Don't worry about it. Just think of this as a gift from me for keeping the town's people safe from that Infant Dragon."

"Aww, thank you!" Kuino gives Rose a bright smile.

Rose's face heats up and she turns away. "It's just a gift, don't worry about it."

Kuino just keeps smiling and sets the armor back into the bag. "I'll start wearing this immediately."

"You better, its not just for show, chainmail is an excellent armor to protect from piercing weapons."

Kuino nods.

.

.

The evening sun shines down onto Kuino and Rose as they stand outside the guild.

Kuino bows to Rose. "Thank you, Miss Rose. I had a lot of fun today."

A small smile forms on Rose's face. "I'm glad, you need to take breaks more often, or you could hurt yourself."

Kuino nods. "Yes, Miss Rose. I'll start taking breaks, so don't worry." He smiles.

Rose smiles. "Also." She walks up to Kuino and leans down to him. Then gives him a quick kiss on the cheek. Red dusts her cheeks. "I also had fun today. So have a goodnight!"

Rose swiftly disappears into the guild.

Kuino remains still and he slowly brings a hand up to his left cheek and holds it. His face slowly turns red, yet excitement shines in his eyes.

"Kuino?" Bell walks up beside him.

"Wah!" Kuino jumps up and panics. "Oh, Bell. Jeez, people need to stop sneaking up on me."

Bell raises an eyebrow. "I was calling your name for like, a minute."

"Sorry, I was lost in thought." Kuino smiles as he looks towards the Guild doors.

"We should head back home."

Kuino looks up to the evening sky. "I guess it's getting a little late."

.

.

"Really, the goddess has a job now?" Kuino asks as he and Bell walk down some alleyway stairs.

Bell nods. "Yup, I saw her today when I was with Miss Eina."

"Wow, that's kinda-"

A little girl suddenly crashes into Kuino and falls onto the ground past him and Bell.

A little girl suddenly crashes into Kuino and falls onto the ground past him and Bell

"Are you okay?" Bell asks the girl as he and Kuino turn to her.

Then they hear some footsteps rapidly approaching and some yelling. 

"You're not getting away from me!" A man swings his sword towards the girl. "You goddamned little Prum!"

Bell swiftly takes his knife out and blocks the man's attack. A light glow surrounds the edge of Bell's blade. The man the backs off and rests his sword over his shoulder.

"What's your problem, Pal?" The man asks. "She a friend of yours?"

Kuino steps forward, slightly pushing Bell behind him. "Maybe she is and maybe she isn't."

"Then why'd you protect her if she's not?"

"Because she's a girl." Kuino narrows his eyes at the man.

The man grows angry. "Huh?" He readies his sword. "What the hell are you talking about, you Long Eared little shit?!"

Kuino reaches for his glaive on his back as he frowns.

"Stop it." The three look up some stairs to spot Ryu. She sighs. "Crossing swords in the city... That's not very peaceful."

"Huh?" The man questions. "Why don't you just keep your damn mouth shut and get lost-"

Ryu's eyes gain a slight glow as she glares at the man ."Don't yell." The man grunts. "I don't want to resort to violence. Because I always go too far."

The man grits his teeth and walks away. "Damn it."

Kuino lets out a sigh as Ryu approaches him and Bell. "Thank you, Miss Ryu. I didn't want to have to fight him, so you saved us."

"No, I was being forward." Ryu states as Bell sheathes his knife.

"Oh, yeah, this girl..." Bell starts and looks to where the girl was, but she's now gone. "Huh? She's gone."

Ryu looks to a corner rounding, but nothing's there.

"Maybe she got scared and ran off." Bell suggests.

"If you got hurt, Bell, Syr would be sad. Be careful." Ryu states, and she turns to Kuino. "If you got hurt, I would be disappointed."

"What?!" Kuino grows confused. "Why?"

"Because I know you can handle yourself."

Kuino sighs and his ears droop.

"Right, I'll be careful." Bell says.

Ryu turns away. "Well, I'd best be going."

"Really, thank you!" Bell bows.

"Have a good night, Miss Ryu!" Kuino calls out.

.

.

.

The next morning Kuino slips on his chainmail over his green shirt, then puts on his small leather armor. He then ties up his hair, before stretching out his arms as he yawns.

He then walks into the main area of the basement and spots Bell, wearing some new armor.

He then walks into the main area of the basement and spots Bell, wearing some new armor

"That new armor looks nice, Bell." Kuino states.

Bell smiles. "Thank you, Kuino. I hope its worth the price."

Kuino then glances over to Hestia. "Goddess, we're leaving now."

Hestia, who's still laying in bed and half asleep. "Sure, see ya later..."

Kuino and Bell look at each other and nod.

The two head out and stand outside of Babel tower, looking up to it. Bell glances around to the people who have supporters. 

"A Supporter, huh?" Bell questions.

"Hmm, you know, Rose always said I needed one, but I didn't want the risk of putting one in danger." Kuino states.

"Misters! Misters! Mr. White Hair! Mr. Jade Dragon!" A young female voice loudly calls out the two from behind.

The two turn around to see the little girl from the day before, with a massive green pack on her back.

The two turn around to see the little girl from the day before, with a massive green pack on her back

"How do you two do?" The girl asks. "Pardon my intrusion, but are you both looking for a Supporter?"

"Hmmm?" Kuino blinks.

"You're the girl from..." Bell starts.

"Are you confused?" The girl asks. "But the situation right now is pretty simple. A poor, unmatched Supporter is here to offer her services to a leftover adventurer and a great one in the making."

Bell leans down to the girl. "No, that's not what I meant. You're the Prum girl from yesterday, aren't you?"

"Prum?" The girl questions. She lowers her hood to show off a pair of animal ears. "Lili is an Animal person. I'm a Chienthrope."

Bell starts to pet her ears, which makes Lili freeze slightly and Kuino to slightly panic. "Really. You're not a Prum."

"Bell, that's kinda rude to do.' Kuino points out.

"Oh...!" Lili blushes and slightly turns away. "Mister...!"

"S-sorry!" Bell apologizes. "I wasn't thinking! I must have mistaken you for someone else."

Lili grows a smirk, which goes unnoticed by the two.

.

.

Bell and Kuino sit at a fountain, with Lili between them.

"So... Why did you ask us, Liliruca?" Bell asks.

"Well, from what I could see, you're both alone." Lili starts. "Considering you're both adventurers wearing a backpack/sack, I just figure... And who wouldn't want to be a Supporter for the upcoming Famous Adventurer Jade Dragon!"

"Oh." Kuino responds as he grabs part of his long hair and brings it over his shoulder, as he starts to rub it.

"So, how about it, Misters? Do you want a Supporter?"

Bell eyes flicker to Kuino, then back to Lili. "Well.. I was just thinking about how maybe I wanted one."

"Really?!" Lili asks in excitement. "In that case, would you take me with you two? I'm poor, and don't know where I'm going to get money, now." She then touches her animal ears, with a blush. "Besides, a man touching me in my special place... You have to do the right thing, don't you?"

Bell's jaw drops as his face turns red, he then glances at Kuino for help. But the elf just raises his hands and shakes his head.

Bell sighs. "Okay, then. Just for today. We'll hire you as our Supporter." 

Lili's smiles brightly. "Thank you so much!"

.

.

Kuino gracefully cuts down a Killer Ant as it approaches him. He then swiftly spins around and stabs another that was approaching him from behind.

A few paces behind Kuino is Bell, killing several ants, and Lili. A Killer Ant spawns on the ceiling next to Lili. "Master Bell!" She shouts.

Bell runs back to Lili and kicks the Killer Ant in the neck, nearly taking it off. It hangs limply from the ceiling. 

Lili claps. "Master Bell, you're so strong!"

Bell wipes sweat from his head. "It's a big help having you here with us, so we can concentrate on fighting, Lili."

Kuino walks over. "It is a little weird though, a good weird."

"You two taking out all those monsters on your own was way more impressive, Master Bell! Master Kuino!"

'They're just Killer Ants, though.' Kuino says in thought. 'They're not very strong.'

Lili continues. "Well, I guess your strength is mainly from your weapons, huh, Masters?"

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Bell says as he looks down at his Black Knife.

Kuino spins his glaive around and looks at the blade. "I guess that could be part of it, now."

"I'm starting to wonder if I'm relying too much on this knife."

Lili's eyes shine as she stares at Bell's weapon.

"Master Bell, Master Kuino, how did you get those weapons?" Lili asks.

"Our goddess gave them to us." Kuino informs as his crimson eyes glance at Lili. 

Bell sheaths his knife. "By the way, what Familia are you part of, Lili?"

Lili bends down and picks up a magic stone. "Right, the Soma Familia."

"Wow, really?"

"I've always wanted to try their wine..." Kuino starts to think. "Now that I think about it, my mother would always get angry at my old god when he got some of it."

Lili stands up and points to the dead Killer Ant in the ceiling. "Anyway, Masters, aren't you going to take that one's magic stone?" Kuino and Bell turn to the dead monster. "I think it isn't too far inside the body. I'll grab the ones that have fallen." She holds out a standard knife. "Why don't we call it a day after that?"

Kuino suddenly yawns. "That sounds good."

Kuino and Bell walk over to the dead Killer Ant.

"Cut off its head first." Kuino suggests as he points the bottom of his glaive at the neck.

"On it." Bell starts to use the knife Lili gave it, but it doesn't cut through the bone. "Wow, it's kinda tough to cut."

"You gotta put more strength into it."

"I am..."

"Put more then."

"How much more do you want me to?!"

"All of it!"

Lili stares at Bell's knife that's on the back of his hip.

.

.

.

The evening sun shines down onto the guild as Bell and Kuino talk to Eina about their time in the dungeon. Kuino has his glaive on his back.

"A Soma Familia Supporter, huh?" Eina closes her eyes as she questions it.

"Is there something wrong?" Bell asks.

Eina opens her eyes. "That Familia mainly concentrates on exploration, and sells a little alcohol on the side. That much is normal, except..." She grows a little sad. "They all seem desperate. Like they're frantic about something." She then smiles. "Anyway, how did this Liliruca girl seem to you?"

"Yeah, she was really nice!" Bell informs.

"She did work hard." Kuino informs.

"Yup!" Bell holds up a pouch that's mostly filled. "I got all this today, thanks to her.

Eina smiles. "I see. In that case, I won't object. After this, it's up to you. In the end, it's yours and Kuino's decision."

"Thank you. I'll see you later." Bell starts to walk away.

Kuino bows to Eina. "Thank you, Eina." He follows after Bell.

Eina watches the two leave, but then spots something. She notices that Bell's knife is missing.

"Bell?" Eina calls out.

"Yes?" Bell questions as he spots and turns around, Kuino stops a few paces ahead.

"Where's your knife?"

"Eh?" Bell reaches behind him and finds that his knife is missing.

Kuino's ears twitch as he hums in questions. Bell starts to panic and his face pales.

Kuino slowly starts to panic. "Bell... where's your knife?"

"I-I DROPPED IT!" Bell screams.

"Fos . .. Kriing!" Kuino yells in Draconic. 

.

.

Kuino swiftly moves through the streets of Orario.

"Bell, where did you drop it?!" Kuino then sighs. "That kid..."

"Kuino?" A soft voice calls out.

Kuino looks to the side and spots Sophia a few feet away, with a book in her hand.

"Miss Sophia?" Kuino questions.

Sophia smiles as she practically skips over to Kuino. "Kuino! How are you?"

"Oh... I'm fine." Kuino's ears wiggle a little. "Though, a little frustrated."

Sophia tilts her head. "Oh, about what?"

"Oh, nothing to worry your little head about."

"I'm not a kid..." Sophia frowns. "I'm eighteen."

"Oh right... So, what book are you reading." Kuino says trying to change the subject.

"Hmmm? Oh, right!" Sophia holds up her book. "It's a book about the Knight Sisters! They're so coooool!"

"The Knight Sisters?" Kuino tilts his head in thought. "Weren't they apart of Callon's party?"

Sophia nods with stars in her eyes. "Yup yup! He took them in when they got orphaned by a bandit attack on their village. Then he trained the up and they become same of the strongest humans to exist in their time!"

Kuino sweat drops. "You really like Callon's stories, don't you!"

Sophia gets really close to Kuino. "He's the coolest hero to exist! Better than Argonaut!"

A warm feeling spreads through Kuino's chest, and he can't help but smile. "I think Argonaut is cool, though."

"But Callon is better, he lived longer and has so many more stories!" 

"He was an elf, so he had a long life span already."

"But the life span of heroes aren't very long." Sophia points out.

"That is sadly true."

"But hey, at least he died honorably." Sophia smiles. "Protecting a kingdom from an invading army..." A tear suddenly falls down her cheek. "It's sad that he had to die, leaving the Knight Sisters behind."

"Miss Sophia?" Kuino calls out.

"Hmm?"

"You're crying." 

"What?" Sophia brings up a hand to her eyes and feels the wetness. "Ahh, it's just... That story is sooo sad." She wipes her eyes, and then bows to Kuino. "It's been a nice talk, Kuino. But I need to get back to my Familia. See you later!" 

Sophia runs off and waves to Kuino, and he waves back.

"Have a goodnight, Sophia!" Kuino smiles, then it twitches. "I wonder if Bell found his knife."

.

.

.

The next day, Bell, having his knife back, Kuino and Lili are back in the dungeon.

"Master Bell. Master Kuino." Lili calls out, the two turn to her. "Thank you for officially hiring me." She then notices that Bell doesn't have his knife on the back of his hip. "By the way, Master Bell, I don't see your Knife."

Bell brings up is left arm and holds a hand over his green armor piece on his arm. "Yeah! I stored it in here, so I won't drop it this time... And not get another lecture from Kuino."

Kuino huffs and turns away. "Weapons are the most precious item in the dungeon!"

Lili narrows her eyes at the armor piece. "I see."

Bell lowers his arm. "Anyway, are you sure you don't need a down payment?"

"Sure. It's just you two, so working out the division of spoils won't be hard. Besides..."

"Besides...?" Kuino glances over at Lili.

"It's more convenient for you two, isn't it?" Lili asks.

"Uh?"

Lili glances up at the two. "Well, shall we get going? If you both do your best, there'll be no problem!

"R-Right." Bell responds.

The three continue down the dungeon.

"I wonder how much we'll get today." Lili questions.

"I hope it'll be a lot." Kuino states.

.

.

.

At the end of the day the three stare into two pouches filled with coins.

"T-twenty six thousand valis?!" The three shout in awe.

"W-we're not dreaming, right?!" Bell shouts. "We really got this much money?!"

"Masters, you two are amazing!" Lili states. "You earned more than a five-man Level 1 party!"

"One step closer to a pile of coins to sleep on..." Kuino starts to day dream.

"Well, like they say, even rabbits can climb trees if you flatter them enough." Bell says. "And that's this, exactly."

"I have no idea what that even means, but I'll go along with is!" Lili says. "This is amazing!"

"I have to agree, with Lili!" Kuino's eyes shine with excitement. 

"Let's try to make even more tomorrow!" Lili then glances away. "Now them, Masters, shall we divvy it up?"

Bell grabs one of the pouches and hands it to Lili. "Sure. Here."

Kuino looks at the pouch in Bell's hands with excitement. "Wow, we can buy Goddess something great to eat with this!"

Bell nods with enthusiasm. 

"Oh, right!" Kuino turns to Lili. "Would you like to get something?"

"Um... This is..." Lili looks at the money pouch in confusion. "Masters! You divided it in half. Don't you two think you should get a bigger share?"

Kuino and Bell glance at each other in confusion, before looking back to Lili.

"Why?" Bell questions. "We never could have made this much on our own. We only did it because you were with us, right? It's all thanks to you, Lili. Thank you!"

"And besides, you should get half of it anyway." Kuino states with a smile. "For being such a good Supporter! We can easily make do with this much."

Bell holds his hand out to Lili. "I'm looking forward to working with you!" He smiles, along side Kuino.

Lili blinks a few times before grabbing Bell's hand and looks down. "You two are so strange." She whispers.

Kuino blinks and tilts his head. He then feels eyes on him and he looks up to the stop of the Babel Tower.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01-04-2024

3913 words

0