Chapter 21: First Spells learned
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trying to find his way out of wherever The Master had teleported them, Luke found a door and opened it, leading Luke to his own room. Once in the room, Luke noticed on the bed there was a letter that read, "I see you found your way here,Luke. This is your room, which I created in a separate sub-dimension in the forest for you to be safe for the time being. In this room, you will find all your daily necessities you need until I come find you later. On the table in front of you, there are two books on the basics of abyssal energy and how to manipulate it." Luke picked up the books and started to read them, but stopped at the end of the first page. Luke put down the book, thinking, "This is really the book he gave me? This stuff is so basic. What type of book is "Intoductions to Magical Energies"? How strong is the technique "AꚶɌĬtዛᙏiᕔᙁ ĬnꕷĬgዛt" they make these books look like childrens books?" Luke sat down on his new bed and got into a meditation position. Back in his mind palace, Luke started to search for books on spells instead of continuing the "Introductions to Magical Energies" due to not fully trusting anyone in the forest, not even the Master who saved him from the other Masters of the forest.
 
Luke found the section on spells and got to looking for offensive spells. There weren't too many offensive spells restored in the core, but it was enough for Luke for the time being. Once Luke picked out two offensive spells, Abyssal bind and Flames from the Depths. Abyssal bind: summons a number of abyssal tentacles depending on the amount of energy used. The spell traps the target in place by grasping the target with the tentacles. At higher mastery, even the target's soul can be trapped in their body. Flames from the Depths: summon an indistinguishable flame from the depths of the abyss. The flame is a dark purple that keeps burning forever until the supplied magical energy runs out. At higher mastery, the flame can sustain itself with the ambient magical energies. Now that Luke had chosen his offensive magical spells, he knew that he still needed a defensive spell. While searching for a defensive spell, Luke found the utility magical spells section. There were only two books restored in this section, which surprised Luke. Luke was curious what spells could be considered utility so he went to check out both of the books.
 
Grabbing the closer spell Luke read the title Myriad Races Perception, but Luke started to get a headache just from reading the spell's title, and this one had no description along with it. Luke didn't want to experience the same extreme headache he would get if he read the spell and learned it, so he put the spell tome down. Luke turned his attention to the other spell tome titled Magical Perception. Magical Perception: use the surrounding magical energy to perceive the area around the user. Depending on the user's magical control, the size of the detection area increases. Luke started to feel a small headache after reading the title, but it was more manageable than the one he felt from the other spell tome. Now that Luke wasn't distracted anymore by the utility spells section, he started to look for defensive spells again.
 
Luke found the defensive spells section shortly after setting off in search of it. It looked to have around the same amount of spell tomes that the offensive section had. Luke started to wonder what other spells he would find in the utility section in the future and if there were as many utility spells as offensive or defensive. Luke snapped out of it and went back to the task at hand. Searching through the defensive section, Luke only found a single magical defensive spell that he was able to use due to his insignificant magical prowess. The title of the tome reads Screen. Screen: Deploy a thin membrane created by magical energy, taking on the properties of the magical energy used. Depending on the energy used, the ability will change, with the key ability staying the same, which is the ability to reflect incoming attacks, depending on the user's prowess. Luke grabbed the four magic tomes he chose and found an area of the mind palace meant for reading created when he awoke. Luke noticed after he started to read that the headache from before was slightly better. This room seemed to have some sort of mind-calming effect. Deciding to test this, Luke got up, walked back out into the library section, and sat back down to read. Sure enough, that headache was worse out here. Walking back to the reading section, Luke started to get back to reading the magic tomes he picked out now that his experiment was out of the way. Luke picked up the defensive tome Screen first because he knew that right now his physical body was his weakness. Luke turned the first page of the tome and was immersed in the tome immediately. "The spell screen might be a basic spell, but the applications are endless when it comes to defense due to this spell's ability to adapt to the magical energy used to cast it; for example, if light energy was used, then the spell has great defensive capability against darkness magic. The base of the spell is spreading out the magical energy into a thin layer of your energy, choosing and reinforcing it with our spiritual strength…"
 
Luke woke up from his trance after having finished the tome and realized how much time had passed while he was reading the tome. Luke was shocked that he had been reading the book for the past few hours because of how he was so focused and in a trance that it felt like only five minutes had passed. The tomes contents were now in Luke's brain. Now Luke only needed the magical control that was required to form Screen before he could cast it. As he was about to sit back down and read the next few tomes, Luke felt like someone was trying to wake him up. Luke's eyes popped open, and The Masters face greeted Luke as soon as his eyes opened. The Master said, "Ive been trying to wake you up for the past 2 hours." Luke's eyes widened. "Two hours. I thought it had only been half an hour at max!" The Master replied, "You were so focused on meditation that time felt different even though 10 hours had passed, but besides that, come along now. I need your help with something." The Master then walked into a portal that appeared in front of him. The portal was still floating in the air, waiting for Luke to step across. Luke got off his bed and started to step through the portal. On the other side…

0