Chapter 1: A Kind Soul In A Dark World
110 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luke had always been a kind soul. He would go out of his way to help anyone he came across. When he was going to school at his usual time of 8 in the morning, he saw that an old lady needed help to cross the street. He sprung into action and went to help.

Luke asked Her, "Do you need any help, miss?"

The old lady responded, "Why yes dear could you help me find the grocery store I seem to be lost?"

Luke responded as he usually would, "Of course, I would love to help you!"

Once Luke was done helping the lady to the store, he checked the time. He saw that it was now 8:20 and he only had 10 minutes to get to school when it was 15 away. Luke thought, ' I guess helping her to the store took longer than I thought.'

Luke rushed to school running between the alleyways that he usually doesn't take because of how suspicious they are. As Luke was using the alley as a shortcut, he heard an eldritch voice call out his name

"luke" " Luke" " LUKE"

The voice seemed to have a hypnotic effect, pulling Luke closer every second till he reached the voice, and at the end, there was some sort of portal. Once Luke saw the portal, he reacted as if he had seen perfection, an almost ethereal existence. As Luke started to step into the portal, he started to regain control over himself, but it was too late. He fell into some sort of darkness, so he called out "Help" which no one responded to.

Luke decided that he was going to try and escape. He walked north for what felt like an eternity until he saw a glimpse of light. He kept walking towards the light until it flashed in his face and blinded him temporarily. After Luke regained his vision, he saw that he was on a barren and dead piece of land which only had a set of ruins on it.

Luke started to freak out not knowing what was going on, wondering if someone had kidnapped him or if he died and went to hell. His thoughts were a mess, and he couldn't get a hold of himself and started to scream bloody murder. In the distance, he saw something coming toward him, attracted by the sounds of his screams. He couldn't explain what it was. His mind was still too weak to understand the eldritch horrors from beyond.

After Luke saw that being coming towards him, he ran towards the only cover he had, the ruins, which looked broken down. Luke felt some sort of attraction towards it. Luke took cover in the ruins and caught his breath after running for his life. After Luke caught his breath after a few minutes, he looked outside to see if that monstrosity was still outside. He saw that it was waiting outside for him. Luke started to get a headache and heard whispers in a different language

 

"C̴̪͍̜̹̤̓͗̅̇̂̄̊͐̾͠͠ỏ̶̘͚͈̯̹̗͕͕̳̂̑̿m̶̨̰̼̟̭̳̻͈͇͎͇̫̿͑͛̋̆̏̂̈̀ē̶͚̗̘̰̞̠̜̗̦̈ͅ ̶͙̘̜̖̌̔̌͐̊͐̀̍́̓͘ö̵̮͔̲̦̪̖̮͔́̊̒̐̈͝͝ǘ̴̢͇̰̤̣̜̟̟̔̈́͌ͅţ̴̛̻̫͙͖̤̣͊͛͊́̐͘͠͠.̸̜̯͙̤͎͒̎̎̌ ̵̭̜͙͑́̊̊͂̔̀͛͌̀̓C̵̡̦̝̜̍̏̏͐̊̎̊͋͝o̸͙̞̗̭̝̐̍m̷͎͖̗̬͉͈͈̃̑͊̋͛̾̊̔̀ę̸͕̝͊̎͒͑͑̏͌͠͠ ̷̧͇̟̰͙̞̈́̅͆͐́̎͒̈́̈́̅̕o̴̼̚ű̵̥̲͓̠̑ͅt̵̛͓̟̥̓͌̿̈́͂̒͊̿̍̕͜͝.̶͓̖́̈́̋̊̒͜͝ͅ ̵̧̱̫̺̤͖̦̼̤̬͗͆̒̂̇̔̋͘̕̚C̴̝̠̮͈̱̽̀o̸̧̫̣̻̗͖̬̠͐̌̚m̸̲̥̫̠͎̭̝̖̗͚͖̊͊͊ͅę̸̺͉̪̦̔̀̒͂̋͗͑̽̿͛̊̔ ̶̡̨͕̺̣̖͇̥͔̙̤̥̄̆̓̕ö̴̲͖̖͙̫̺͚̦̲̟̞́u̵̻̗̺͂́̇͋̈̿͘͝͝t̷̛̗̖͖̻̭͎̊̔͒̑͑͒̈́͝͝ͅ ̴̖̠͙̮̥͋̏͋͆̀͌̋͒͠l̶̨̡̙̩̳̺̰̩̦̖̘̇̇̒̿i̷̗͕͇̠̘̠͎̫͑͜t̷̨̛͎̬̙͍̱͈̩͋̑̕t̷̤̳̣̩̗̯͕̹͓̃͋̋̈́̑̊̐͝l̷̛͇͈̰̬͐̌͌͐̋̃̋̿ë̶̫̮̿̋̑̆̐ ̵̡̨̹̼̹͚̞̺̣̮̯̲̃͌̍̆̾́̊̊͒͛̕͠o̶̡̮̹̩̗͇̭̩̺̦͉͐́̓͗̎̏̉̑̆̉n̴̢̩͍̱͉̙̙͇̪̟̏̌̃̍͗̎̊̐͜e̴̡͕̖̣̮̱̲̳̅͝"

 

It was like he was hypnotized and couldn't control his body. Luke started to walk toward the exit of the ruins. Right before he took a step outside, the ruins emitted a pulse of some energy, scaring away the being. Right before the being ran away, Luke heard the strange language in his head again

 

"W̵̛͍͍̬͙̗͛̈́̈́̈̓ḩ̵͈̼̯̦̗̗̲̘̪͉̍͐̋̇̾̊̈̂̔̔͜͝͠a̴͖͋͊͑̈́̕t̷̼͖̘̥̞̓̅̅̏̉̍ ̶̰̻̲̭̩̜̘͇̫͓̃̈̀̂͋́̌̚ẅ̶̢̢̩̘̫̭́̉̅̾͂̍̀̓̂̕͘͝à̸̛̩͙͈͇͉̙͈̅̄͂̈̚͜͝ͅş̴̢̢̼͖̠̣̖̦̰͈͊̀̆͆̒̍̽̈́̏͝ ̷̜̹͈̣̠̝̦̮̝́̄͜ţ̶̨͙̦͔̦͉̝͇͖̔ḧ̸̡̟͍̫̖͔̮͖̗͖͓́̀̈̒a̴̦͖͖̯̍̇͠t̶̲̎́̾̆̂̇͘͝ ̸̛̘͖̮̭̼̠̫̓̏̒̂̎̀̓̅̚͘͝p̸͖͍͈͖͉͚̯̪̫̤̏̽͆͑̽̀̍͋͠ͅr̴̬̜͔̮̮̞̥̰͓̮͎͛̀́̐̈́ȩ̴̫̠̹̫̘̬̙̦̳͓̱͒̒͑̾́͋̈́̓̆͛͝s̸̞͕̻̩͓͒́͗̌̎̐̚s̵̠̳̫͎̐̆͐̋̓̇͗̂͊̀͋ͅu̵̡͎͍̱͍̰̤̗̹̳͆͑̄̾̌̈́̌̾̿͛͘͜ŗ̶̩̤̙̤̯̲̫͓̼̹́̌̇̈͘ȩ̵̪̦̯̙̋̑ ̴̗̯̣̠̩̦͂I̶͕̦̥̫̲̭͋͜ ̶̡͂̾̐̐͊ͅj̴̛̪̠͖̈́̌͛́̓̒̂͛̕͘ú̶͇̝͓̫͉̗̟̯̜̐̐̀̈́̂̀͒͜͝s̷̻̙̯̞̪̗̗̏̃͘͝͠ͅt̶͉̯̠̯̖̊͐̆̕ ̷̛͖̘̖̤̳͇͚͐͌̒̉̏̈̈́̓̈͠f̴̧̼̯͙̫̬̰̺̋̑̾̈̔̇e̷͍̱͔̳̦̗̎̈́̀͝l̸̢̡̟͓͓̹̙͚͒t̸̨̮̟̰̼̟̥̎̽̃̈́̿ ̵̤̝̦̱̞̼͕̺̬̝̖̋̽̓̑̊̑̃̎̓̂̚͘͜I̷̧̛̞̟̖̜͙̒̈́̾͌̏͆͛̎́͜'̵̢͚͖̙̙̯̲̜̪̰̺͓̌͒͗͑̽̆̈̏̇͊̕͠v̷̢̨̧̗̼̳̘͚͓̱̣͒̆̈̔̅̀͋̔͋͜͝e̵̬͍̐̽̑̌ ̸̢̛͉͓̙͖̝̗̠͈͖͕̌̈́̽̀͋͛́̚n̶̢̰͚̦̜̪͇̖͙̦̆̔̒̋̔̀̓̈̂̎ȇ̸͉̰̿̏̀̋͂v̶̛̩̖̞̽͒̋̀̆̈́̀̎̀̋̓͜ę̸̖͉̘͈̇́̑̿͊̚͜r̷̨̃̅͂͗̉̒̆͆̐̕ ̴̤̺͉̟͎̦̳̦̄̈́̇̂͑̚̚͝f̶̨̦̞̫̳̹͔̓̓̂̉̎͑̀̈́̾͊̔̈e̴̢̤̲͗̽͂̀̓͛̍̈͝l̶̤̗̱̯̝̙̰̒͜͝t̴̞̣̥͓͎̗̠͚͙͇͓͕͌̂͌̊ ̷̧̢̛̬͈͔̖͔̰͍̀̉̏͑̕͜ţ̴̡̣͎͕̼̠̳͎͉͐̓̓̄͑͐͗̎̇̓̕̚ͅh̵̡̪̣̪̊̋̈́̄͋̾͒̋̔́̚ä̸̧͕̝̞̭͇̣̩̹́̄͆̕͠t̸̢̺̕ ̶͈̯͉͖̪͛͊b̶̞̟̪̖͒̀͂́͌͘͜͠͝ě̶̻͓̮̻̦̉̇̔͘ͅf̸̧̧̢̻̩̲̻̹͈͈͍̅̽̓̈́̄̀̆͝ỏ̷̡͕͎̰̘̯̝̦͇͇r̸̳͖̍̀ȅ̸̡̦̲̣̤͓̃̑͒͊͂́̔?̴̛̘̰͓͐̈͘͝"

 

After Luke heard that, the being ran away from whatever it was talking about. Now that the being was gone, Luke could leave if he wanted to, but he didn't know what was out there and he felt some sort of feeling pulling him deeper into the ruins.

 

__________________________________

 

Deeper in the ruins

 

*Core awakening*

 

*Detected being in ruins*

 

*Detected being isn't a part of mother's race "Zeshaphines"*

 

*Scanning database for species name*

 

*Error Error Database has been corrupted 99%. Only the most basic 1% of knowledge is left*

 

*Mother race "Zeshapines* was wiped out transferring the Mother race to "Unknown"*

 

*New Mother's race must still pass trials*

 

*Detected over time that trials 1 and 3 have broken, transferring energy to trial 2*

 

__________________________________

 

Back to Luke

 

As Luke was going deeper in, he saw skeletons lining the passage as he went down. Luke made it to a metal door that had a scanner on the door. As Luke was walking closer to the door, the scanner activated and scanned him. After that, he heard a voice in the strange language again

 

"Ă̵̧̗̽̕c̵̮̈c̶̡͎͍̍͝ḛ̶̬̘͌s̶̮͋s̸̝͖̔i̵̭̘͗͂n̵̙̂̿̏g̷͎͖͑̇̑ ̷̩̯̹͌ḃ̷͓̗̗͊e̵̝̝͝i̵̼̓̑n̸̗̜̪̿̈̕g̸̥̞̎̓̚s̵͎̃̍͗ ̴̫͚̤̐̏m̵̯̟̑̇ͅè̶̢̗̯͗m̶̟̏̿̒ö̴͉̊ͅȓ̷͚̩̜̕ȉ̵̞͚̕è̵̠̠͌͜ş̶̟̫̔ ̸̫͇́̐̚͜a̵̟͌́n̵͕̭͝d̴̮͇͐ ̷̠̀ǎ̶͈̾s̷̙̼͗͝š̷̯̪̓i̵͔̺̚m̶͔̳̍̚ì̵̱̱̒͝ḷ̷͑à̸̤̓̀ṭ̸͚̤̑i̷͖̠͛̃͝n̶̟̎g̴̼̤̐͘͜ ̷̇̏͌͜t̷̮̏ͅh̴̠̋͝e̵͇̽ ̴̳̜̯͑l̵̖̥͔̆a̴̬̗̯̚ǹ̴͇͚̻̓̋g̶̰̖͔̀ụ̴̰͌͊̈́â̶̧͙̓g̵̯͋̏ḕ̵̠͝.̸̙̈́ ̸̆͜͠"

 

Luke had another headache from that strange language, but it wasn't as bad as the one from that strange being he had seen earlier. Now Luke heard that sane voice, but instead, it was in English and he could understand it.

The strange voice told Luke, "Sorry for giving you a headache but that was the quickest way for me to learn your strange language. This is the ruins of an ancient civilization that was able to break free from the mortal world and thrive in the abyss till the catastrophe. I'll answer any questions you have if you pass trial 2. I won't respond unless you do so on your own till you do. Just keep walking forward to find it"

Luke's thoughts were a mess and he couldn't form a full thought due to the absolute shock and fear he felt right now. It took him a full hour to at least get enough composure to ask, "If I pass the trial am I able to go home."There was no reply. He was all alone till he passed whatever this trial was.

Luke keeps walking forward trying to find the second trial, which was his only chance to escape, no matter how small that chance might be. It took Luke at least an hour to finally find himself at the second door, which he could only assume was the second trial. Outside the door, there was another one of those scanner things that activated and he heard the voice in his head again

"I know I said I wouldn't say anything else but I just remembered one thing. This second trial will be 2 times as hard as usual due to the fact you get to skip trials one and three because they broke. That's all"

Luke's thoughts went even bleaker now that he knew that the fight he had a small chance of winning just went down as he was only a normal human. Luke took the next hour to calm himself down and get ready to take his only chance to get back home to his friends and family that he already misses even though it's only bee- wait, how long have I been here I can't tell. Not that it matters right now. Nothing will matter if I am unable to pass this nightmare difficultly trial.

Now that Luke had calmed down and psyched himself up for the fight. He got up and started to walk toward the door and the scanner. Once he got closer, the scanner activated and asked in a cold robotic voice, " Are you ready?"

Luke answers with a quiver in his voice, "As r-r-ready as I'll ever b-b-be."

The cold robotic voice answered, "Then walk towards the door and open it, and good luck you will need it."

Luke swore during that last part of the sentence he heard some sort of pity from the voice. As Luke started to walk toward the door, he started to shake but didn't stop and as he opened the door he saw….

7