Chapter 10: True Memories
19 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luke's mind was at peace right now. After meditating for 20 minutes, Luke felt the pull from his mindscape and responded to it. Once Luke appeared in his mindscape, he was back right in front of the lake with water that looked like the void. Luke instantly started to hear the voice again, but this time with extra bits to it: "Find the truth and remember. Search your memory for the hidden truth."

 

Luke tried his best to remember whatever the voice was talking about, but he was drawing a blank. Luke decided that instead, he would search his mindscape for the truth. Luke somehow knew that he needed to walk deeper into the dark side if he wanted to find the truth. While walking deeper, Luke noticed the landscape becoming more eerie, and somehow it was inducing fear in Luke. Luke knew that he needed to trek on and forget about the fear, but that was easier said than done.

 

On Luke's journey, the landscape was desolate, with no living organisms around. Luke was shocked when he realized that the landscape had changed to a field, and he didn't notice. Luke went on guard after realizing it because he didn't know if something would finally show up. Luke saw in the distance a copy of himself, but this version of him was a mix of purple and black. This different version of Luke didn't come towards him; rather, it ran away from him. Luke gave chase. Luke tried his best to catch up to see if he could question the being. While running after the being, Luke felt like he couldn't get any closer to this being, almost like the being was purposely leading him somewhere. After following the being for a while, Luke saw a sphere with a galaxy somehow contained in it. The galaxy was spinning in the sphere. Once the being made it to the sphere, instead of attempting anything harmful towards Luke, it pointed towards the sphere. Luke didn't know what the being wanted him to do, so he asked, "What are you telling me to do?"

 

The being unable to respond just keeps pointing at the sphere. Luke didn't know what else to do, so he walked up to the sphere and touched it. When Luke touched the sphere, it dragged him into the sea of knowledge, which recorded Luke's memory before it was wiped, but Luke had no clue where he had just been taken. Luke looked around and saw that he was transported to the middle of a sea with bubbles rising out of it, each containing something different. The next second, a bubble rose in front of Luke. The bubble had a miniature version of Luke standing in it. Luke was curious about what it was, hoping to finally figure out the mystery of the truth. Once Luke reached out and touched it, he was dragged into the bubble's realm. Once inside the realm, Luke had his missing memories play out in front of him.

 

Luke saw how he found the abyss portal on his way to school. Then he witnessed the close fight between the clone and him and how Luke almost lost his life there. Luke then heard the robotic voice from back then tell him, "Challenger beat trial two. Challenger has proven capable of being the new Mother Race. The challenger life force has been detected as dropping. Emergency protocol: scanning Mother race.Detected no abyssal energy..." The words cut off as Luke passed out in his memory. The memories then cut to when he was fighting Zguk.

 

Luke saw how Zguk beat him. Luke, in the memory, was all bloody, with his limbs flopping around. Then Luke heard the voices that took away his memory. Luke saw how he tried his best to fight the force taking his memory but was defeated in the end. The purple and black version of Luke then appeared in front of him and put its arms out for a hug. Luke went in for the hug, and they fused back together. Luke had regained his memories of what had happened and vowed to get revenge. Luke had also gained new memories, now knowing what that different version of him was. The being was his other half, where he was the human side and it was the abyss side. Luke had also realized what that form he was transforming into was; it was his true form with the abyss side coming out. Now Luke knew why his emotions were changing as well. The abyssal energy corrupts all, making them less emotionful, which had already started to happen to Luke.

 

Luke had backed out of his mindscape. Luke was going to spend the rest of the day as a chill day before he really started to train for revenge. Luke spent the rest of the day lightly working out in the woods next to the ravine. Luke also planned to transport the supplies he needed to make his base in the ravine. For the next 3 hours, Luke did push-ups and sit-ups and ran 10 miles in the woods for his training. Luke went home that day, all drenched in sweat. When Luke walked into the door, his parents confronted him, asking, "Why didn't you go to school today? We got a call from your first-period teacher saying you were absent." Luke told them straight up, "I skipped today; I'm planning on dropping out of school; I don't need it." Luke then walked upstairs, ignoring what his parents said. Once Luke was upstairs, his parents got to talking, and Clyde said, "I swear if he doesn't get his shit together, I'm going to kick his ass out!" Gwen responded, "Come on, dear, you don't mean that he is still your kid. Let's hear his plan first tomorrow." Clyde didn't respond, so Gwen took that as him agreeing. Luke woke up the next morning and got ready to start his training, but his parents walked into his room and said, "Look, son...

 

2