Chapter 13: Wanted
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

One of the boys spoke up and said, " W-W-We thought we saw our friend Luke, who had been missing for a few days, so we went up to him and started to talk with him." The boy's voice quivered, and he was shaking while recounting what happened. The boy continued his story: "Luke seemed like he was annoyed. We talked to him, and he started to walk away, but we kept bugging him till Luke revealed that whatever that monstrosity he turned into was, it was something not of this world." The boy started to convulse when he started to think about it, and the monitor started to beep. The nurses and doctors rushed in to check what the sound was and saw the boy convulsing. The two other boys were taken out of the room by nurses along with Detective Smith while the doctors dealt with the boy convulsing. Detective Smith went down to the lobby and started to make his way back to his car. Once in the car, Detective Smith called his superior, Corporal Ali, to tell her what he found out. "Hello Corporal, I found a suspect named Luke. He was an old classmate and friend of theirs." Corporal Ali responded over the phone, "We need to find out all we can about Luke and give a picture of him for the units to help find him."

Back in the precinct of Thompsonville, the sergeant was giving out instructions to all units on how to proceed if they found Luke: "If you find Luke, don't engage; call for backup. We have no clue if he is dangerous or not." Everyone gave a nod or something similar to the statement and then headed out.

1 and a half months Later

Back with Luke, who was on his way to a grocery store. In the store, Luke made sure no one was around and started to stuff food and water into his bag. After Luke made sure he had enough food to last for two more weeks, and started to head back to his lair. Luke was walking back to his lair, taking the backways to stay out of sight, but there was a squad car protocoling the backways. The squad car saw Luke and started to drive towards Luke, but Luke started to run, thinking this was because he had stolen food. One of the officers in the car went out to run after him, and the other stayed in the car to call for backup. Luke tried to outrun the cop, but he took the wrong turn and found himself at a dead end. The officer caught up to him and said, "Put your hands up and get on your knees. We need to ask you a few questions back at the station." Luke did what the cop wanted, but when the officer got close enough to touch, Luke channeled a small amount of abyssal energy into the officer. Once the officer felt the energy, he was exposed to the horrors of the abyss, resulting in his death by bleeding out all his orifices. Luke ran off after killing the officer, not feeling even the slightest amount of guilt.

Back with the other officer, the reinforcements arrived and started to help look for Luke, but he was long gone by now. They did find the body of the officer and reported it. The cops swept the area for any evidence and let the medics bag the officer. Back at the station, homicide was involved now. The captain of the department, Jose, wanted everyone to work overtime on this case because the dead were one of their own.

Luke ran the rest of the way back to his mage lair. Once Luke made it to the safety of his lair, his mind was racing with thoughts: "I just killed someone; why don't I feel any guilt?" "They are going to be after me now that I've killed someone. I have to be careful." After calming down, Luke started to unpack his food and water. Luke started to think that to survive, he had to start to experiment with abyssal energy. Luke wanted to try and find an application for the abyssal energy, so Luke started meditating to get in the right mental state and then go to the sea of knowledge. Now in the right mental state, Luke could go to his mindscape with no problem. Once in the mindscape, Luke went right toward the sphere where the sea of knowledge is. Luke reached out to the sphere and touched it, taking him to the sea of knowledge. Once inside, Luke explained, "I can never get over how amazing this is!" Luke started to look around for any bubble that would teach him how to manipulate abyssal energy. Luke found a bubble that he thought was it. In the middle of the bubble, there was purple energy swirling, making a vortex in the center…

0