FREEING GAMORA
172 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was going to be a busy day; Lucifer knew that for sure. 

Today, he was well aware that he would have to cross paths with the new friends he had just made.

"Well, the earlier, the better," he sighed as he finished buttoning his shirt. A determined glint was playing in his eyes, and his mind was made; friends or not, they would not be the reason he broke his word. 

 even though the Avengers were not aware of it, he had given his word to Gamora that he would free her. 

Having heard and witnessed the group's view of the alien woman, he was certain that they would not free her even if he asked nicely.

In a way, they had a right to refuse; after all, Gamora and her warriors had been intent on endangering the lives of the people the group was meant to protect. 

The fact that Gamora claimed to never have known just how ruthless Thanos' plan was did not concern them. 

She was their only way to reach the Titan and also their source of information. She was not going anywhere.

Lucifer also realized that even if he was to reach some sort of agreement with the Avengers, they still could not make that decision on their own since they were just puppets. 

They had to 'consult,' and by consult, they meant ask for permission. 

He, on the other hand, did not have the luxury to consult. 

Gamora was key to his plan, and he was not handing her over to SHIELD or anyone for that matter.

Besides, he had every right to keep her as he was the one who had prevented her from leaving in the first place. She was his prisoner.

As for Loki... well, Lucifer could almost tell what would unfold. 

The guy was undoubtedly smart; that much he had to give him. But with the scepter gone, a god of mischief or not, there was no way he was beating HYDRA, not with the level of technology the group had.

It had just taken a few night hours of research for him to fully grasp the might of this organization, and if the Avengers boasted technology, HYDRA took it to a whole other level.

Beside, Loki had a lot of enemies at the moment, so it was a safe bet to make that the guy might not have retrieved the scepter until he returned from Los Angeles back to his own dimension. 

Yes... he planned to go back there once he had rescued Gamora, and why not? All his abilities that had been suppressed by the system had been freed; his wings were back, and so was his ability to travel between dimensions.

He was not leaving for good. That was not happening anytime soon, not after he had witnessed the promises that this dimension held outside of his father's control. 

Instead, he was going to bring the resources he needed to establish a property here, as well as to fund his exploits. 

Handouts were something that Lucifer gave, not received, and he was tired of living a life that was beneath him... I mean, he did not need his resources back in LA... he could make a fortune here as well with all his skills and favors, but that would consume more time... time of which would likely jeopardize his other plans, especially now that he knew that there were multiple players in the game he was about to embark on.

Having finished examining his grooming, which was nothing short of impeccable, he hastily grabbed the hotel key card and the keys to the Stark Porsche, which he planned to use just one more time back to the Avengers compound.

This had to be easy; after all, they were familiar with him.

Barely 10 minutes later, the sleek Porsche pulled over at the Avengers compound right at the same place it had been handed over to him earlier. 

Disembarking in haste, he handed the car keys to the guard at the front door and barely paused to explain things to him. 

He had noted earlier that most of the doors were electronically operated.

Reaching the reception, he flashed his signature devilish smile at the lady behind the computer. 

The charming blend of charisma and confidence had a tendency to disarm even the most vigilant of individuals. With a casual wave, he strolled through the Avengers building, with the key card in his hand.

"Here we come," he muttered with a mischievous glint in his eyes, deciding to forgo the elevator, opting for the stairs instead.

 A sly grin crept across his face; avoiding unnecessary encounters was always a priority.

Reaching the top floor, Lucifer confidently approached the electronically locked door where he had questioned Gamora the previous night.

He noted a modest addition of a bed had been provided for the alien, but she had instead taken a nap on the floor. 

Quickly, he swiped the key card given by the receptionist; a rapid beep and a red light signaled his entry was denied. 

His eyes narrowed.

"Bloody hell," it seemed the so-called heroes had limited access to the cell. 

"No matter,"

it appeared his charming demeanor alone wouldn't suffice for access. 

Chuckling to himself, Lucifer rolled up his sleeves, and suddenly his eyes blazed like hot embers of coals. 

His hand was gently pressed on the door, and as he reached to his highly neglected angelic powers with a satisfactory click, the door slid open and Lucifer stepped in just as a blaring alarm went off.

"I should have seen that coming," he cursed as he hastened toward Gamora, who had looked up on hearing the blaring alarms.

"You... what else do you want? I told you everything," she said, her eyes red with anger.

"That you did, dearie... and now you were to come with me, remember?" Lucifer chimed, offering her his hand.

He knew they did not have a lot of time to spare; any minute now his previous acquaintances would arrive.

But it was already late.

The first Avenger was already standing right outside the door with a satisfactory look on her eyes.s well aware that he would have to cross paths with the new friends he had just made.

more chapters at patreon.com/realmsinus

7