RESEARCHING THE MCU 1
393 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He stood there, basking in the warm shower like it was a cozy hug. He could not believe that just the previous morning, he'd been chilling in his penthouse Jacuzzi, It felt like a lifetime had passed since then.
  He turned off the shower, did a head shake, and snatched a nearby towel, drying off in a hurry.
The hotel he picked wasn't the fanciest, but it wasn't a budget motel either. It was somewhere in the middle, the kind that makes you feel okay without feeling like you're turning into a cheapskate. 
Last night, after finishing the quest, he received 20 celestial points that he turned into $10,000. For him, it was peanuts, but it gave him a breather. 
Still, the hotel cost him $300 a night, which made him think about budgeting for the first time in his life.
He had also dropped $700 on a spare suit, so now he looked sharp with a smile that hid his money worries. He checked himself out in the giant hotel mirror, knowing that even if he was broke, he'd look like a million bucks.
Today's agenda was straightforward: get a shave and buy a new phone. The phone was crucial because he needed to figure out this MCU world he'd landed in. Until now, he'd felt like a lost guy in a maze, but the familiar American lifestyle gave him some comfort.
At the bedside table, he hesitated for a moment, hand hovering like he was reaching for car keys. But reality kicked in – he didn't have a car here. So, he grabbed the hotel key card, cursed his habit, and left the room.
Through the hotel hallway, he noticed the regular folks doing their regular stuff, oblivious to his extraordinary situation. He looked like any other well-dressed guest.
His first stop was the hotel's barbershop. Lucifer wasn't one to let his grooming slide, even in this strange world. He got comfy in the barber's chair, as the barber put a fresh cape around him.
  being super curious about this new dimension, Lucifer couldn't help chatting with the barber.
  "So, my good man," he began, "What can you tell me about this place? I seem to have found myself in a bit of a predicament, and I'm keen on understanding the lay of the land."
The barber gave him a look through the mirror-like he knew something Lucifer didn't. "Is it your first time here?" he asked.
Lucifer chuckled softly. "You could say that. It's been a rather eventful journey, to say the least." The man sighed knowingly. "Are you a tourist or have you fully moved here?"
Lucifer had to think for a moment. He hated to admit it, but he didn't know how long he'd be stuck in this dimension. "Well, I will be staying for quite some time," he finally said.
The barber kept working on Lucifer's beard while filling him in. "Well, sir, you'll find that New Yorkers are a unique bunch. They walk fast, talk fast, and always seem to be in a hurry. If you want to blend in, you'll have to pick up the pace. And, of course, you've got to have a favorite coffee joint – it's practically a requirement. The locals have their coffee preferences down to a science," he explained with a wink.
Lucifer nodded. "Well, that's interesting. I was quite accustomed to a different pace of life, but I suppose I'll have to adapt."
The barber chuckled. "Adaptation is the key here. And speaking of adapting, you might want to consider your attire. Your suit is sharp, no doubt, but in this city, people tend to dress more casually. Maybe mix in some jeans and sneakers once in a while if you want to blend in."
Lucifer raised an eyebrow, thinking about ditching his usual fancy attire. "Jeans and sneakers, you say? I'll have to give it a try. It's quite the departure from my usual wardrobe, but I suppose it's all part of the experience."
The barber chuckled. "That's the spirit! Now, when it comes to food, New York is a food lover's paradise. You've got your classic street vendors, pizza joints, and fancy restaurants. But a real New York experience is grabbing a slice of pizza from a corner joint while standing on the sidewalk. It's practically a rite of passage."
Lucifer grinned, intrigued by the idea. "Pizza on the sidewalk? Sounds like quite the adventure. I shall make it a point to indulge."
The barber adjusted Lucifer's head as he continued. "And don't forget, the subway system is the lifeline of this city. It can be a bit confusing at first, but once you figure it out, it's the fastest way to get around. Just watch out for those performers and panhandlers."
Lucifer smiled, remembering that he'd been part of those performers just the day before. But he still took mental notes of these valuable tidbits of information.

"Subway, pizza on the sidewalk, and a New Yorker's pace. I appreciate the guidance, my friend. It appears that I have a lot to learn about this city."
The barber wrapped things up by dusting off Lucifer's shoulders and giving him a mirror to check out his fresh shave. Lucifer looked at his perfectly groomed reflection and couldn't help but smile, his signature charm showing through. "Well, my good man," he said with a sly grin, "I must say, you've certainly worked wonders. Thank you."
The barber returned the smile, offering a friendly pat on Lucifer's shoulder. "Well, sir, welcome to the Big Apple."

check my patreon below to read more chapters ahead.

12