Chapter 49
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Some time passed, and Oliver entered the house where the three vampires lived again, wearing casual clothes, but as always, with a backpack on his back.

Zoe closed the door after Oliver entered and looked worried at his injuries.

"Does that hurt?"

"Leave him be," Dylan said as he sat on the sofa next to Wander. "He's so well that he's even cracking jokes."

Oliver smiled at the remark and went to the same corner of the wall to sit down.

"Still upset? I told you I was just joking."

As he sat down, Oliver continued to smile but leaned against the wall and spoke again.

"So, did you find out anything else? Did you do what I asked?"

Upon hearing this, Zoe hurried to the table, picked up a piece of paper, and then handed it to Oliver, saying,

"It's a simple drawing, but it should describe the place perfectly, at least the entrance, waiting room, and doctor's office."

Oliver took the paper and examined the drawing in detail.

As she had said, it showed a large square with some chairs drawn that appeared to be the entrance, the place seemed open, and there were signs of other rooms, but with fewer details because they hadn't looked at them.

But what mattered was the path to the doctor's office, which led to a long corridor with more chairs and at the end a location labeled: "Doctor's Office."

Upon seeing that, Oliver smiled and stood up.

"Congratulations to whoever did this, it's well-drawn."

He looked at the two vampires who shrugged, while Zoe smiled. Oliver placed the paper on the table and said, "As I said, I want two of you to come with me, one will stay at the corridor door to prevent more people, whether professionals or civilians, from coming in, while the other will be in charge of blocking the door so she can't escape and turn the numbers against us. Do you have a photo of the place?"

"We do," Wander said, unlocking his phone, revealing an image of a hospital. He quickly swiped to show the entrance and the outside of the doctor's room. "You mentioned there was a chance she might detect me or find them just by smell, so I thought about that and used satellite images. It wasn't difficult, but we don't have an image of the interior."

Oliver took the phone and examined the detailed images that revealed the hospital's surroundings and smiled, saying, "Good job, is there anything else to add?"

"You told us to do some tests to discover weaknesses, but in the end, nothing significant," Wander sighed with a slight smile and continued, "Unfortunately, garlic and crucifixes don't work on us, so you'll have to rely on combat against that woman."

Oliver laughed a bit more relaxed and said, "I had an arrow with a garlic blade, it's a shame I won't be able to use it."

"Unfortunately not," Wander smiled and continued, "It seems that the demonic nature of vampires in fiction doesn't apply to us, but the sun and the moon still seem to affect us, it's something more akin to animal behavior than folklore."

"Given that you can turn into a bat, it makes some sense; it's not like you'd burst into flames in the sun, but you're creatures of the night. Maybe there's a connection. Did you find out anything else?"

"Nothing special, I can only say, be careful if she turns into a bat, but even though she becomes smaller and harder to fight, she's still just a regular bat, so if you aim carefully, you'll be able to hit her."

"Good to know, that will be quite helpful, thanks."

Oliver continued to look with a smile, and Wander smiled more comfortably in response.

"I tweaked your plan a bit, and I'd like you to hear me out..."

Again, he picked up the phone and placed it on the floor where everyone gathered to see.

"There's a whole air conditioning system connected to the hospital and also in the doctor's room. Thanks to this, there isn't a large window she can escape from, but we also don't have a clear image of her."

"That's enough, but there's still a place where air passes," Oliver pointed with his finger to a small high window that was slightly open, causing him to furrow his brow as he said, "Perfect for a bat to get out."

"Also for them to get in, she doesn't seem to have done it on purpose, but it should serve her well."

Wander stood up, still weakened but clearly more alive, as he concluded his plan.

"The idea will be the same. Zoe and Dylan will protect the corridor. One will stay at the door to prevent her from escaping, and the other will stay at the corridor entrance to prevent anyone from the hospital or a civilian from entering the area. But there's still the problem of the window."

Oliver squatted down and placed the drawing on the floor with the phone on top while he seemed to analyze it, and then Wander continued.

"I want to take care of that..."

He went to sit on the floor, but lost his strength while doing so and fell, surprising his friends, who hurried to help him. But Wander showed his hand, saying it was okay as he continued.

"It's a small space, she can get out, so I want to block it with something or lock it from the outside when the fight begins."

As he finished his sentence, both Zoe and Dylan exchanged worried glances, but Wander continued, looking down at the drawing and the images on his phone screen.

Of course, here's the translation of the passage into English:

"I know it's dangerous, and I also know I'm weak, and I won't be able to fight, but it's the best I can do for you, trying to ensure at least a chance of victory." He lifted his head and looked at Oliver. "I want to fight in some way, no, I will fight with you."

"If something happens, we can enter the room too," it was Dylan who took a step forward and said. "I don't want to let you go either, but if she escapes through that window, it will be difficult to find her again before the full moon; she'll just hide and kill Wander... if it happens, it will all be in vain."

Dylan sat on the floor next to the two and continued.

"We tested and know that when we turn into bats, we are like normal animals... if she transforms, and we manage to catch her, it will be much simpler."

"Is the idea to kill her?"

Oliver questioned while keeping his eyes on the images, seeming slightly distracted, as surprise took over Dylan's face.

"We're talking about killing; if we wait until tomorrow, she will kill Wander, and if we don't kill her, there's no guarantee that she will give up." He raised his hand and spoke. "If Wander isn't there, and she escapes..."

"But the same applies if she finds Wander and kills him."

Oliver responded to the two, who had the same frustrated look, but then Oliver took his phone out of his pocket and took pictures of both the drawing and the images that Wander had obtained.

"We've already said that the full moon may affect only her range. If her ability allows her to control or command everyone she has bitten, as soon as you enter her range, you will either die or be used against us," After taking the photos, Oliver stood up and sighed. "I know you want to fight, but don't risk the plan you came up with yourself. As I said, just having come up with a better idea than mine has already helped a lot. I admit you're good, but for now, you have to limit yourself to that."

He then passed by Wander, giving a light tap on his shoulder as he headed toward the exit, this time opening the door while the two vampires continued to hang their heads, and Zoe looked worried.

"But if that's your wish, there's nothing to be done," Oliver said, turning and then seeing surprise on the faces of the trio of vampires, while Oliver raised an eyebrow. "Improve this idea; after all, it's your life. I'm in this fight for my own reasons; do as you please."

Oliver spoke with an indifferent tone but then smiled and turned, opening the door as he said.

"I'll be back here at 9 p.m. tomorrow; decide who's going and who's not."

He waved without turning and the vampires watched him leave, disappearing from there, leaving the trio in the house.

In the end, Wander gave a slight smile and sighed.

"He's a good guy."

"Isn't he?." Zoe spoke with a smile.

"You guys need better friends." Dylan spoke, crossing his arms with a furrowed brow, but then the three returned to their homes to continue with their plans.

Some time passed, and Oliver was back in his bed, holding a needle in his hand while he held a black pair of pants and sewed a narrow and long pocket onto them.

His mind was focused on the confrontation that would take place the next day, but for some reason, he felt calm as he thought.

"I'll have a chance to decide this." Oliver looked at the needle with the small hole through which he easily threaded the thread, reaching a conclusion. "She may have a keen sense of smell, and that's how that menacing military guy found me, but if it were that easy, the trio would have come after me as they got more information. There must be a range or some condition."

He finished sewing the two pockets parallel to his calf, put his finger in the small pocket, and checked the durability.

"There must be better ways, but it's what I have..." Oliver gave a slight smile as he thought. "I'm looking forward to tomorrow."

0