Chapter 29: Infiltration
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two people- No, scratch that… Actually, it was one person and one robot teaming up. A strike team intended to extract Rin from that eerie mansion before sundown. Betty had to be quick and decisive. No backing down now.

'Good thing the mansion owner had a personal technician to fix his wirings.' She thought while looking through a virtual map of the house through her high-tech eyepiece. A layout of every room was recorded in detail.

There were only two floors and the mansion itself wasn't that big. Maybe there was an attic there if she looked hard enough, but all that would only be relevant to track danger points.

Moreover, she had to get close to the mansion first if she wanted to get to the basement Rin was held. There HAD to be some way of getting there without drawing out too much energy and over-clocking her MagiTech. 'Camouflage' only worked for around a minute and had a brief cool-down.

Moreover, she'd need to move fast to get through the patrol routes of the wolves surrounding the place. 'Camouflage' couldn't stop her from being detected on the move.

It was then she starting to consider that attic for a second. Although the altitude would make getting to the basement harder, at least it was better than trying to bypass security.

'We can get through this, Beary Kuma.' Betty hugged her floating robot bear and allowed it to lift her off the ground. She headed towards nearby tall building and aimed her Light MagiPistol. The eyepiece zooming in visually.

'That must be the leader.' She noticed the only non-wolf walking around the mansion and getting served by wolves. Looking like she had got a burden off of her shoulders.

The lax attitude didn't make her underestimate her opponent. There wasn't only Dark Muses that were the enemy of humanity. Even worse existences existed.

Whether they be mutants or humans themselves. Whatever it may be, the fact that they didn't consider themselves to be fellow humans made it impossible to talk to them.

'I need to avoid her at all costs.' Betty couldn't afford to get into a fight with Rin by her side or before getting the girl. She needed to make sure that blonde wouldn't interrupt anytime soon. Moreover, wasn't there one more?

A long-haired man with a big hat. He seemed to be the commander of the wolves and was guarding the path down to the basement. It was only one room with a singular path up.

Even if she used 'camouflage', she wouldn't be able to get close if he was going to be so dutiful at guarding the door. It only made her more sure that she needed some help here.

If she successfully got help, there wouldn't have been so much pressure in doing this all by herself. She had to hope they'd do the heavy lifting after bringing Rin out of there.

'Time to start this.' Betty thought while pointing her Light MagiPistol at every individual enemy she found. Circling the place while looking through the windows.

There wasn't any way of seeing through walls right now. Even if she had the 'Wind Reading' of the Mystic Tool she gave Lex, the area to scan was too far for any kind of magic tricks.

The most she could do was apply a 'Mark' using the MagiPistol and keeping the live movements on the virtual map. Adapting to any changes on the fly to get into the house.

'Done. Now for the fun part of this.' A rush of adrenaline ran through her body. She used the schematics she stole about the mansion's security cameras and sensors to head towards a secluded wall at the side.

'There. There. And there. But what I need to look out for is…' Betty turned to look at the marker that indicated one of the wolves was just behind the wall. She looked at Beary.

"Sick em'." She pointed at the wall, and the animalistic robot became agressive. A strong flame appeared on its paws. The robot put its hands on the wall and concentrate the heat.

There was barely any sound or smell of burning thanks to Betty hiding the traces. Her skill in hiding things stemming from the unique Dark Attribute only she could use.

Although there may be others who were born with Gifts of darkness, Betty was likely the only one who fully mastered the art of erasing traces of herself. Making her a deadly killer.

A hole was made through the wall, and she peeked through to check where exactly the closest markers were looking. After having analysed their behavioural patterns, she turned her eyes towards her first victim.

The wolf closest to the wall in front of her.

A robotic arm reached through the hole in the wall and grasped the neck of the SWAT wolf before it could howl through the mask. Beary Kuma crushed the skull of the wolf while forcing its body to squeeze through the hole.

Silently turning the Dark Muse into even more of a corpse than it already was in the first place. Now, all they needed to do was dispose of the body before its scent spread.

Beary Kuma had that covered.

The chest of the floating robot opened up to reveal an incinerator. It quickly shoved the body inside and burnt the SWAT wolf to ashes. Disposing of all evidence in a second.

Their operation then continued.

She continued to dodge glances and camouflage after making a hole through the wall. One that wouldn't take long to be noticed if they kept on patrolling a little more.

Betty headed upstairs by climbing the walls rather than entering through a window. An idea formed in her head as she found the office where the mansion's security should be controlled. Her eyes becoming calculating.

'This should be good.' She used a laser to cut through the glass window on the roof to get into the attic. The place was dusty and hadn't been cleaned, but it helped mask her odour.

The girl was getting closer to where SWAT wolves would be bundled up, so she couldn't have been any more careful right now. It was also why she was heading towards the office.

Her camouflage kicked in as she moved slower and slower with patient steps. Going so slow that only a vague outline would be seen unless you looked at her closely.

"…?" One of the SWAT wolves noticed the opening she made while coming down from the basement. Walking down the corridor she was standing while looking at that place.

It didn't even notice anybody while walking past her frozen and camouflaged body. The light was being reflected off of her in such a way that Betty became the environment.

Like a chameleon really good at its one job.

It was only after the wolf jumped into the attic that she started to move without caring about her visuals. Staying there was so nerve wracking that she almost had a heart attack!

She quickly made her way to the office and searched around for the original owner's laptop. Quickly finding it and handing the USB slot to Beary Kuma, who plugged itself in and did exactly as she had requested.

'Time to make my own distraction here.' Betty thought while activating Plan B. Suddenly, all the cameras and security features started to go haywire. Traps were going off everywhere!

"…?" One of the SWAT wolves turned to see a bunch of cameras making noise while spiralling out of control. The house alarm was ringing separately into a beatbox rhythm.

The worst part was that this was happening at one side of the mansion. Taking everyone's attention to the point Rizzler, who had just returned from a job outside, quickly ran out to see what was happening at the back door.

Not noticing a ghostly, half-transparent figure running past and entering the basement. It didn't take long for Betty to get down the steps to find a figure that went through trauma. A bloodied figure was tied to a chair.

Rin's eyes lit up as soon as she saw hope, but quickly backtracked and tried to warn the girl coming to save her. She looked so scared that her teeth kept on clattering together.

"Run… Don't… You have to run away…! That woman has lost patience." The bloodied girl tries to communicate, but her friend wasn't listening. Rin could only warn her in vain.

"I'm not leaving without you." Was all Betty said while taking the girl as far as she could.

Giving her to Beary Kuma to hold in a princess carry. They were getting out now!

"I figured someone would be invading here right now." An unfamiliar voice spoke out.

Goosebumps and chills ran through Betty's entire body. She turned to see a blonde elf woman sinisterly smiling while blocking the only exit. Her face became white as a sheet.

She took out her arms and readied herself for the fight of her life. Ready to fight until death.

The new house owner welcomed a challenge.

…..

….

..

.

Ryan and Lex had gathered downstairs in the front room to hear what Landan had to say.

He made them some very milky tea and got out the dunkers. Biscuits tasted great when dipped in the most basic brew any working man could put together. There wasn't really any high quality food being put on the table.

"So you dip it in…?" Ryan simply wasn't aware of British culture at this point of time. A little more patience was needed before he could really make use of his natural elegance.

Landan flicked his fingers to gain the attention of his son and the friend he was teaching basic common sense to. He simply coughed before asking his question first:

"How were the Mystic Tools?" 

"Good." "Really good." Both of them answered simultaneously to his inquiry.

"Have you figured out its ability yet?" Landan spoke about the feature of these new tools.

They shook their heads…

The ring Lex was wearing seemed to still have the 'Steel Hardening' feature from before, but what else was added was still a mystery to the youth. The same with Ryan at this point.

"That's fine. Let's put that on the list of things to learn after we survive this." Landan was dutifully planting death flags even after having just broken his recent one. The words he said were just begging to be proven wrong…

He continued: "What are your thoughts on these weapons? Do you feel a kinship?"

"Is it normal I feel like that?" Ryan raised his arm before rubbing the handle of the blade on his face. He felt like he could never be separated from this blade until he dies first.

"It's normal. I mean, a part of your soul WAS put in there. Eventually, that part will have to return." Landan didn't shame him and instead patted Ryan's shoulder to encourage the boy.

"Really?" Ryan lifted his head.

"Just not in the way you'd expect." After they finished their tea, Landan brought them out to show just exactly what he meant by those words. What he showed made Lex sigh harder than a disappointed baseball coach.

"You gotta be kidding me…" The son rolled his eyes. Now knowing why a certain car had always been like a stepbrother in his life. The magic vehicle loved more than he ever was.

"That's right. The mild and loyal Qutrub in this car is my Qareen. Bite me!" Landan spoke while caressing the window. Memories of all the days this child walked with him through life made him woeful. This car had even attended his wedding even before being posssessed by his Qareen. Such a loyal car!

"Just tell us the technique you're teaching already." Lex was getting grossed out by this.

"Oh, you know how I said a part of your soul makes the Mystic Tool? And that it eventually comes back to you? Well, the part tethered to the Mystic Tool can't disconnect itself."

"…What does that mean?" Lex narrowed his eyes. If what he said was true, then didn't that mean they'd have to shove their weapons inside their souls? Or inside their organs?

Was he telling them to eat the Qareens?

"Let me show you what I mean." A strong and powerful air surrounded Landan before he accessed 'that technique'. The unique power he created from the remnants of the ultimate technique left behind by the Lazrik Clan.

"Renewal Demonification!" Landan shouted out loud. The car started to glow in response.

A transformation started to occur.

0