Chapter – 7 Journey to Immortal Sect
24 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Young Xiǎo Bǎo, perched by the narrow village road, gazed absentmindedly at the blue sky. His given name was Liu Feng, but he bore the affectionate nickname "Xiǎo Bǎo" due to being little treasure in his family. Liu Feng hailed from the Liu family, a prominent clan of crafting weapons in the area, renowned for their weapons and owning several weaponry shops.

Their family was relatively prosperous, thanks to his father's weapon making skills, and they never fretted over necessities. They held an esteemed position within the village community.

Xiǎo Bǎo displayed remarkable intelligence from a young age, immersed in books and pondering profound questions. His fellow villagers regarded him as a prodigy, and each compliment brought a gleam of happiness to his father's eyes.

His mother showered him with care, and he grew up in a cocoon of parental affection. Aware of their lofty expectations, Xiǎo Bǎo, unlike his peers toiling in the fields, dedicated his time to reading.

The more he read, the more his curiosity about the world beyond the village burgeoned. Gazing toward the distant horizon, he sighed, closed his book, rose to his feet, and made his way back home, his heart yearning for what lay beyond.

As the sun began its descent, casting an amber glow over the village, Xiǎo Bǎo's daydreams of adventure took flight like a phoenix. The distant mountains, shrouded in mystery, called out to him, their peaks cloaked in wisps of cloud like the flowing robes of ancient sages.

Within the Liu family's workshop, the rhythmic clang of hammers and the fiery glow of the forge were familiar sounds. Xiǎo Bǎo often watched his father and the skilled blacksmiths crafting weapons of legend, each piece a work of art in itself. These weapons, with their intricate engravings and exquisite designs sold out for dozens pieces of silver.

Seated in the courtyard, Xiǎo Bǎo's father, with a pipe in hand, drew a deep breath and inquired, "Xiǎo Bǎo, how are your studies progressing?" as Xiǎo Bǎo entered the the door.

Xiǎo Bǎo muttered a few words as he passed by. His father shook the ashes out of his pipe, rose up, and said, “Xiǎo Bǎo, you have to study properly. The imperial exam is just around the corner next year, and your entire future hinges on it. Don't follow in my footsteps, spending your life in a village. ”

"Enough of these daily complaints," his mother chimed in. "In my opinion, our Xiǎo Bǎo will undoubtedly succeed in the exam!" She brought over some food and placed it on the table, inviting them both to sit down and eat.

Xiǎo Bǎo responded with a sound, then he sat down and casually ate a few bites. His mother, full of affection, handed him the few available pieces of meat.

“Dad, is Uncle almost here?”Xiǎo Bǎo asked as he raised his head.

“Calculating the time, it should be within these next few days. Your uncle is more successful than your father. Show him the utmost respect, alright?"

His mom nodded and added, “Xiǎo Bǎo, your uncle is a very good person. In these past recent years, it was all thanks to his influence that your father’s craftsmanship have stayed at a good price. If you are able to achieve success, don’t forget to repay your Uncle's kindness .”

As Xiǎo Bǎo's mom was talking, the sound of a horse was heard outside the door. Following the sound of the horse drawn carriage, a hearty laugh could be heard.

“My dear friend, open the door!”

Xiǎo Bǎo was surprised. At the entrance gate, Xiǎo Bǎo spotted a robust middle-aged man with a vibrant gleam in his eyes. The moment their eyes met, a warm smile spread across the man's face, and he reached out to tousle Xiǎo Bǎo's hair affectionately.

"Xiǎo Bǎo, I've only been away for half a year, and you've grown even taller," he chuckled as he greeted the boy.

Xiǎo Bǎo's parents, upon seeing their visitor, promptly rose from their seats. His father, grinning, welcomed the guest, "Brother, we were expecting you. Come inside. Xiǎo Bǎo, why haven't you fetched a glass of water for your uncle yet?"

Xiǎo Bǎo eagerly agreed and swiftly scurried back into the house. He retrieved a glass, filled it with cool water, and carefully placed it on the dining table.

With a playful glint in his eye, the middle-aged man teased, "Xiǎo Bǎo, when did you become so diligent? I recall the last time I visited; you were quite different."

Xiǎo Bǎo's father exchanged knowing glances with Xiǎo Bǎo and remarked, "This little troublemaker was eagerly asking about your arrival."

Xiǎo Bǎo felt a bit embarrassed but couldn't help but smile as his uncle continued, "Don't worry, Xiǎo Bǎo, your uncle hasn't forgotten the promise he made to you." With those words, he produced two books from his bag and placed them gently on the table.

Xiǎo Bǎo's face lit up with excitement as he eagerly flipped through the books his uncle had brought. His heart raced with anticipation, and he could barely contain his joy.

Observing her son's enthusiasm, Xiǎo Bǎo's mother smiled warmly and spoke to the middle-aged man, "Brother, your older brother is always thinking about you. You really should stay a bit longer this time."

Regretfully, the middle-aged man shook his head and replied, "Sister-in-Law, there are pressing matters awaiting my attention back home. I must return early tomorrow morning. But after this busy period, I promise to come back and visit."

Xiǎo Bǎo's father chimed in, "Don't pay too much attention to my wife. You have to pack your goods properly tomorrow.Your responsibilities are crucial. We can always meet again in the future."

The middle-aged man turned to Xiǎo Bǎo's father and asked, "Brother, if I recall correctly, Xiǎo Bǎo is 12 years old, isn't he?"

Xiǎo Bǎo's father nodded and replied with pride, "Indeed, after this year, this little rascal will be 12. Time flies."

With a contemplative look, the middle-aged man conveyed a more serious matter, "Brother, Sister-in-Law, there's something important I want to discuss. The Kunlun Sect is currently accepting disciples, and I've been granted three recommendation slots this year."

Xiǎo Bǎo's father was taken aback, his face turning pale as he asked, "The Kunlun Sect? The sect filled with immortals?"

A smile graced the middle-aged man's face as he confirmed, "Yes, that very immortal sect. You might find it hard to believe, but I hold some influence within the Kunlun Sect. You know my son; he's not one for fighting and despises bloodshed. I doubt the immortal sect would accept him. These slots are exceptionally valuable. But Xiǎo Bǎo has shown exceptional intelligence since he was young, and I believe he may have a chance."

Xiǎo Bǎo's mother couldn't contain her joy and stammered, "Brother, this... this..."

The middle-aged man affectionately patted Xiǎo Bǎo's head and reassured them, "Brother, Sister-in-Law, let's make this decision. Let Xiǎo Bǎo give it a try. If he's accepted, it will be a tremendous opportunity."

Xiǎo Bǎo looked bewildered, gazing at his parents and uncle, struggling to grasp the gravity of the situation. He hesitantly asked, "Immortals? What are immortals?"

The middle-aged man's expression turned serious as he looked at Xiǎo Bǎo and replied, "Xiǎo Bǎo, immortals are beings who can soar through the skies. They are beyond the comprehension of us mortals."

Xiǎo Bǎo's initial confusion soon gave way to a burning curiosity about these mysterious immortals.

His father, overcome with excitement, hastily rose from his seat, pulling Xiǎo Bǎo's mother along with him. He was about to bow deeply to the middle-aged man in gratitude, but the man swiftly intervened, gently pulling them up.

"Brother, what are you doing?" the middle-aged man inquired, his voice filled with sincerity. "We are sworn brothers. If you hadn't saved me on that fateful day, I wouldn't be here today. Xiǎo Bǎo is like a nephew to me, and this is the least I can do."

Xiǎo Bǎo's father couldn't hold back his tears as he gave the man's back a hearty pat, nodding vigorously. With sternness in his voice, he turned to Xiǎo Bǎo and said, "Remember, Liu Feng, never forget what your uncle has done for us, or I won't have a word to say to you ever again!"

Xiǎo Bǎo's heart trembled, and though he might not fully grasp the significance of this opportunity with immortals, the intensity of his parents' emotions was crystal clear. He knelt before his uncle and kowtowed several times, demonstrating his deep gratitude and respect.

The middle-aged man smiled, lifting Xiǎo Bǎo to his feet and praising him, "You're a good child. Get ready, and I'll take you early tomorrow morning."

That night, as Xiǎo Bǎo lay in bed, he could hear the voices of his father and uncle from the other room. His father was particularly jubilant. Although he was not one to indulge in alcohol, today was an exception, and he had shared a few cups with his brother.

"Immortals, who were they?" Xiǎo Bǎo pondered in the quiet of his room, his heart brimming with excitement. Deep down, he understood that this was a rare opportunity, a chance to explore the world beyond his home.

The following morning arrived swiftly.

Xiǎo Bǎo's parents hurriedly prepared breakfast and packed food for the journey. The middle-aged man washed his face and spoke, "Brother, Sister-in-Law, I can't linger any longer. I'll be taking Xiǎo Bǎo with me. The Kunlun Sect representatives will come tomorrow morning to select potential disciples."

Xiǎo Bǎo's father was taken aback, and a shadow of sadness crossed his face. He spoke with unwavering resolve, "Very well. Xiǎo Bǎo, follow your Uncle. Study diligently at the Kunlun Sect if you are chosen. But if you're not selected, don't worry, and return home."

Xiǎo Bǎo nodded solemnly, reluctant to leave his parents behind. His mother retrieved a bundle from the room and said with love in her eyes, "Xiǎo Bǎo, listen to your Uncle and be on your best behavior. The world beyond is different from home. I've prepared new clothes for you and some of your favorite sweets. Mother will miss you. If you aren't accepted, just come back." As she spoke, tears welled up in her eyes.

Xiǎo Bǎo had never ventured beyond the confines of his village before. This was an entirely new experience for him, a journey into the unknown.

As the carriage began to move, Chen Wei addressed Xiǎo Bǎo with emotional sincerity, "Xiǎo Bǎo, it's essential that you're selected to make your parents proud. Brother and Sister-in-Law, I must take my leave now. Farewell!"

With a gentle flick of the reins, the horse set the carriage in motion, and Chen Wei swiftly departed.

Tears welled up in the eyes of Xiǎo Bǎo's parents as they watched the carriage disappear into the distance. Xiǎo Bǎo's mother, her voice trembling, said, "Xiǎo Bǎo has never been away from home. Will he be alright?" Her eyes were filled with sadness.

Xiǎo Bǎo's father, his face etched with concern and pride, responded, "He's grown up, and he'll have to navigate his own path now." The expectations in his eyes were far greater than the time when he had hoped for Xiǎo Bǎo to pass the imperial exam.

As the carriage journeyed along the uneven road, Liu Feng felt his body sway with each bump. He clutched the package that held all his parents' hopes and dreams. It was a departure from the village he had known for his entire twelve years of life.

The journey ahead was not a short one. Exhausted, Liu Feng lay down in the carriage and eventually dozed off. He was awakened by a gentle nudge. Opening his eyes, he found his Uncle, who was smiling, looking at him.

"Xiǎo Bǎo, how does it feel to leave home for the first time?" his Uncle inquired.

Liu Feng noticed that the carriage had come to a halt and replied with a smile, "Not much to say, just a bit nervous, not knowing whether I'll be chosen by the immortals or not."

Chen Wei chuckled and patted Liu Feng's shoulder, saying, "Don't dwell on it too much. This is your Uncle's place. Rest for now, and tomorrow morning, I'll take you to the tests."

Stepping off the carriage, Liu Feng found himself before a traditional tile-roofed house. He followed his Uncle inside to a room and took a seat on the bed. Sleep eluded him as the words of his parents and his Uncle replayed in his mind. He sighed in his heart, feeling the weight of the possibility of becoming an immortal's disciple.

Time slipped away, moment by moment. Eventually, the sun began to rise. Despite a restless night, Liu Feng was filled with anticipation. He joined Chen Wei as they made their way to the testing grounds.

While walking, his Uncle imparted some words of encouragement, "Xiǎo Bǎo, you must make your father proud. Don't let others belittle you."

Liu Feng's anxiety grew, and he nodded, his determination deepening. He bit his lip and silently vowed to rise to the occasion.

Chen Wei led Xiǎo Bǎo to the center of the testing grounds, where another young man stood. This youth had tanned skin, a robust build, and a glimmer of intelligence in his eyes. Next to the tanned youth, there stood another young man with a keen, inquisitive gaze fixed upon him.

Suddenly, the clouds above parted, and a streak of light descended like lightning. When the radiance subsided, a white-clad young man with piercing, elegant eyes stood there. His gaze swept over the three youths. He questioned them coldly, "Are these the three you've recommended?"

As the immortal youth's gaze fell upon them, a chill crept over Liu Feng, making his heart race and his face pale. He stared in awe at the immortal before him.

The dark-skinned youth gaze was filled with an expression of reverence, while another youth beside him glanced nonchalantly.

Chen Wei quickly stepped forward and said with respect, "Immortal, these are the children I've recommended."

With a wave of his sleeves, he led the three youths onto a rainbow and disappeared.

Chen Wei gazed skyward, muttering, "Xiǎo Bǎo, you must be selected!"

As the three youths ascended, they felt their bodies grow lighter, the wind causing discomfort as they soared through the air. The village below gradually shrank to tiny dots as they continued their rapid ascent.

After a short while, the wind became so intense that their eyes watered and reddened. The youth carrying them issued a cold warning, "Unless you want to go blind, close your eyes."

Anxiety gripped Wang Lin, and he obeyed by shutting his eyes, fearing the consequences of keeping them open.

Within moments, the youth's breathing grew strained, and their speed diminished. Then, in a flash, they descended rapidly. Right before landing, the youth released his hold, and the three youths touched down gently.

Fortunately, the landing was soft, allowing them to regain their feet swiftly. Before them stretched a paradise-like landscape, featuring mountains, flowers, and a serene river. It was a picture of tranquility.

Directly ahead, a towering mountain loomed, its peak obscured by swirling clouds. Echoes of beastly cries could be heard in the distance. A winding, ancient staircase snaked its way up the mountain, creating a surreal image, akin to a different world.

Far off, a hall stood atop the mountain peak, its brilliance shining through the shrouding clouds, evoking a sense of reverence.

Beside the hall, a silver crescent-shaped bridge spanned the gap between that peak and another.

In the midst of this breathtaking scenery, it was evident why this was the location of the Kunlun Sect. The Kunlun Sect was one of the prominent cultivation sects in the Spring Sea Domain, boasting several Integration Realm experts and occupying a leading role among the cultivation sects in the domain.

For the mortals living nearby, the Kunlun Sect was an enigmatic presence.

"Little Brother Zhuo, are these the three candidates recommended by Chen Wei?" A middle-aged man dressed in black with an air of an immortal descended from the mountain peak.

The youth showed great respect as he replied, "Senior Brother, these are the three youths recommended by Chen Wei."

The middle-aged man's gaze roved over them. He smiled and said, "I'll take charge of the test for you. You go and continue your cultivation."

Zhuo Li nodded and swiftly moved towards the mountain, disappearing in the blink of an eye.

Liu Feng watched the scene with an eager heart, his excitement building.

Suddenly, several rainbow-colored swords flew towards them, each followed by Kunlun Sect disciples, along with a group of children.

These disciples, both male and female, wore expressions mirroring Liu Feng's group as they landed. The scene before them left them in awe.

The Kunlun Sect disciples who had escorted the candidates gathered to the side, engaging in hushed conversations about the newcomers. After a brief wait, all the recommended youths had arrived at the sect.

A middle-aged man dressed in black, who exuded an aura of authority, scanned the assembled candidates. His expression was devoid of warmth as he spoke, "Among all of you, only a few will have the honor of becoming Kunlun Sect disciples."

Gasps of shock rippled through the crowd. Liu Feng's heart raced as he counted a total of 290 candidates.

"Cultivation, the path to immortality, hinges on your inherent talent. The first test is to determine the strength of your spirit. I will now choose those to be tested." The middle-aged man pointed at a youth.

The chosen youth approached nervously, his legs trembling. The middle-aged man placed his hand on the youth's head and declared, "Not qualified. Stand to the left."

Is Liu Feng going to be selected by the Kunlun Sect?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
2