Chapter 4 – Bloody Reality
43 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The feeling of floating came and went quickly, I opened my eyes and saw the color red, everywhere was red.

A flat field with ankle-deep blood drowning the ground. The sun shone reddish rays that brought a bloody and sacred atmosphere as the celebration of the demon's birth began.

The sounds of splashing water, war cries, triumphant roars, pitiful moans, clashing objects, laughter of madness and explosions entered into my ears.

As I watched many abyssal demons kill each other around me, some throwing various elements, and some fighting each other with claws and fists.

"What a celebration," I muttered as I looked at the dance of death displayed in front of me.

I started looking around to find a place that could help me in this celebration, as well as see how the other demons were fighting, since this would be my first battle.

It was then that I realized that there was no cave behind me, the same scenery surrounded me.

Was the cave in a different space? If each demon's birthplace is a different space then it makes perfect sense.

If not, then the demons that had been born could easily evolve by feeding on the various demon eggs that had yet to hatch.

I looked around and gave up on finding the ideal place, as all I could see was a flat place with no landscape.

I also realized that no one was using magic, because no magic circle appeared in the demon battles around me, if magic had to use a magic circle, then the elements cast by other demons would be a skill.

It seems that most demons have skills related to elements such as earth, water, fire, air. There are also special elements such as ice and lightning. I've never seen other demons use skills other than those related to the elements.

And why they kill each other is to evolve, the way to evolve where there is no mana is by absorbing the other person's mana, the abyssal demons will kill each other to obtain the demon core where the source of the demon's life essence resides.

By absorbing the demon core is the same as absorbing mana, even better because the demon core also contains vitality so that mana and physique will increase to the limit that a demon can bear. the limit of each demon is different, the higher the limit, the stronger the demon is compared to other demons.

This will create a bigger gap because demons continue to evolve so that geniuses and trash are formed. maybe trash demons can evolve faster because of their low limit but their strength will be below genius demons.

There was even a demon who could defeat demons ranked higher than him, a true genius who earned him the title of "Prince" by the abyss.

Splash... Splash... I turned my head to see a demon running towards me, the demon was a normal abyss demon in my opinion, there was nothing strange about its appearance.

I prepared to start my first battle, I calmly waited for the demon to get closer while preparing to use [Body Enhancement] magic.

As the demon got closer to me, suddenly the demon's speed increased drastically.

"Looks like you're the new demon here."

The demon said as it came right in front of me and clawed at me with its sharp claws.

Seeing that I couldn't dodge anymore, I used [Body Enhancement] on my arm and crossed my arms to block the incoming claws.

"Ahhh... damn you!"

Blood flew as a deep wound appeared before me, enduring the stinging pain, I used <Creation> to create life energy to heal my wound and quickly hit the demon with all my might.

"Looks like today is my lucky day to find easy prey like you, hehehe"

The demon laughed as it dodged my punch and returned to attacking me without giving me any room to attack.

"Don't underestimate me, bastard!"

I defended as best I could with occasional dodges as I began to adapt to the enemy's movements.

I can't go on like this. Changing my way of fighting, I used <Destrction> in my hand and threw it at the demon in between its movements.

Unable to dodge the demon holding the destructive energy with its arm, my eyes lit up as the arm holding the destructive energy disappeared, leaving behind an armless body.

"aaaaaaaaa... what is this?!" the demon shouted as a confused yet painful expression appeared in its eyes.

"Die!!!"

I, who had anticipated this, quickly advanced and thrust my claws into the demon's chest.

"Damn it..."

with a reluctant expression, the demon died with its chest pierced.

"hah... hah.... that's really dangerous" I gasped as my adrenaline started to drop, given my current state I frantically looked around to see if there were any other demons about to attack me.

I was relieved to see that the other demon was focused on its own battle, I stared intently at the demon's corpse.

This was my first time killing but I didn't feel anything, was it because it wasn't human or was I not human?

I began to dissect the chest of my enemy's corpse and save the demon core as I began to move away from the corpse and the crowd to analyze my first battle.

In the inheritance, it is mentioned that the space inside the soul can be used as storage, but this has risks because the demon child's soul is still weak, if something happens to the stored object, the soul may be destroyed by it.

It seems that the demon has a skill that can increase speed, this is getting hard. I can't underestimate anyone here if I want to get out safely.

Without knowing what skills the opponent has, I have to dodge as many enemy attacks as possible while figuring out what skills the enemy has.

It's a good thing that the demon parried my attack, if he had avoided my attack and was wary of my <Destruction> skill, I probably would have lost.

<Destruction> is my trump card. I should hide it as much as possible, I should use it when I'm sure a single attack can kill the enemy.

Perhaps I should coat my claws or fists when attacking so that the enemy doesn't notice my movements rather than innocently throwing destruction energy directly at the enemy.

I saw a demon covered in wounds all over its body and a demon corpse near its feet.

This was my chance, I used [Body Enhancement] magic and ran with all my might towards the demon.

The demon turned its head and noticed my presence, but with a body full of wounds, it couldn't run away from me.

I quickly arrived in front of it and used <Destruction> to coat my fist.

I punched its head as the demon held on with its arm, without a fight the demon's arm shattered and blood splattered, my fist didn't stop and punched the demon's head.

Blood and brain fragments flew as the demon's head shattered, without speaking a word the headless body fell beside the other demon's corpse.

I quickly took out the demon cores on the two corpses and fled. I looked at the three demon cores I had obtained in my soul space.

"Should I absorb them now?" I shook my head in denial.

I didn't know what reaction my body would have when I absorbed these demon cores, with this uncontrollable situation, doing the unknown was foolish.

If my body can't move as I absorb the demon core then I'll be a delicious meal in this celebration.

"Maybe I should start avoiding battles and observe other demon battles," I muttered as I felt my manu remaining only half after two battles.

I looked around and skulked around to minimize my presence.

Time passed as the sun began to set. I had done two more fights while trying to avoid combat.

I won both fights by using the element of surprise as my <Destruction> skill destroyed my enemy's vital points.

With 5 demon cores in hand, I watched the day darken as a cave mouth with a thin layer of protection appeared behind me.

"wow so at night there will be a resting place, good for you abyss" I entered the mouth of the cave as the field of celebration was submerged by the darkness of night.

3