Chapter 38:
1.1k 4 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This place is nice," Rimuru murmurs contentedly, their form melting into the soothing embrace of their slime as they all bask in the warmth of the hot springs. The steam rises around them, creating an atmosphere of tranquility.

 

"It's amazing here. Hey, could you bring out the TV? We could watch anime," Milim suggests excitedly, her words sparking interest in Rimuru's eyes.

 

"Wait, you have anime?" Rimuru asks, their voice tinged with a hopeful curiosity, a glimmer of anticipation dancing in their gaze.

 

Several drunken hours slip by as they immerse themselves in the colorful worlds of anime...

 

"So, you just got dropped here with nothing but a small cave?" Rimuru inquires, their curiosity piqued as they delve into conversation.

 

"Yeah, then we had the goblin army settle in afterward. It was cleared out by adventurers who died, giving us DP," Nekra explains, the flicker of reminiscence evident in her eyes.

 

"They don't need to die to give you DP, right?" Rimuru questions, their tone reflecting a mix of concern and intrigue.

 

"No, they don't need to die. They just gave us more DP. With it, I bought golem magic," Nekra replies, her voice carrying a hint of satisfaction at the strategic acquisition.

 

"And how did it all end up like this?" Rimuru muses, a touch of disdain coloring their words as they reflect on the situation.

 

"Well, I need to protect the core while giving the adventurers a reason to come in. So, I used iron golems to lure them like it was an iron mine," Nekra elaborates, her explanation tinged with a sense of practicality.

 

"That works, but it's not a way to build a dungeon," Rimuru remarks, their speech slightly slurred from the effects of alcohol.

 

"It's not?" Nekra questions, a note of surprise creeping into her voice.

 

"No, it's not," Rimuru asserts firmly, punctuating their statement with a decisive thud as they set down their cup.

 

"First, we need the first floor to be filled with weak monsters so people who have no clue how to fight can engage them and gradually become stronger before advancing to the next level with slightly more formidable opponents," Rimuru explains, their words carrying the weight of experience and wisdom.

“Have you built dungeons before?” Yuki asks

 

“Of course I have!” Rimuru shouts 

 

“As expected as my new best buddy!” Milim shouts

 

"That explains why no one came back after they met Safi," Nekra realizes, a dawning comprehension illuminating her features.

 

"Of course, they wouldn't. Seeing a massive dragon her size, you'd never return. Not to mention the fact she erased 200 B-class knights. Also, why are you using legionnaires on the first floor? Most of them can fight better than most adventurers in a one-on-one, even if they are made of stone and dirt," Rimuru admonishes before wearily resting their head against the table.

 

"Momma Yuki, what are they doing?" Safi inquires innocently, observing the two heavily intoxicated individuals engaged in conversation.

 

Yuki was taking the opportunity to mix her blood with the alchol that Nekra was drinking. 

 

"Well, Momma Nekra found the alcohol. She's usually cute when she gets like this," Yuki replies, her tone laced with fondness and amusement.

 

"So, what do I do then?" Nekra asks, her gaze beginning to droop with fatigue.

 

"I will help you make the best dungeon ever!" Rimuru declares enthusiastically, their determination shining through despite the haze of inebriation.

 

"Hey, Nekra dear, I think we should sleep first before you start making changes to the dungeon," Yuki suggests, her voice carrying a note of loving concern.

 

"That's a good idea," Nekra agrees wearily, her eyelids fluttering as exhaustion begins to overtake her.

 

"Tired and drunk Nekra is a cute Nekra, although it's nothing compared to the time you drank too much blood," Yuki remarks affectionately as she gently lifts Nekra and carries her to bed.

 

"Right! We can talk about this more in the morning," Rimuru affirms before navigating their way to the couch in the living room area, selecting the unoccupied spot beside Milim.

 

Safi retreats to her own bedroom, the space adorned with an array of plushies that almost drown the girl in fluffiness. 

 

Meanwhile, in Tempest...

 

"Rimuru-sama!!!" Shion's voice echoes urgently through the stress as she searches for the absent leader.

 

"Rimuru-sama!!!!!" Several others join in the chorus, their concern able to be felt by everyone.

 

"Rimuru-sama!!!!"

 

Yet, Rimuru had departed without saying where it was going or when the slime would be back… 

 

"Souei, do you know where Rimuru-sama is?" Shion inquires, turning to the ninja in charge of intelligence who wasnt freaking out for their insight.

 

"Yeah, they're with their family currently... drinking," Souei responds calmly, his demeanor unfazed by the commotion.

 

Several of the individuals engaged in the search halt in their tracks, processing this revelation.

 

Suddenly, Ranga materializes from the shadows, his overbearing presence commanding attention.

 

"Yes, Rimuru-sama is with Nekra-hime," Ranga confirms, his voice tinged with a hint of trepidation.

 

"Hime?" Souei queries, intrigued by the unfamiliar title.

 

Ranga shivers involuntarily, silently hoping to avoid witnessing the sight of a drunken cat girl ever again.

 

“She is from the royal family of Werecats…” Ranga states surprising everyone that the likely last member of the royal family of the long extinct race.

 

59