Chapter 44:
899 3 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a cave somewhere in the Jura Forest...

 

"How dare they! That useless fox getting between me and that cute kitten!" Phobio roars in frustration, his comrades leaving him to his rage for wanting revenge on a nine-tailed fox – they're not suicidal.

 

"What would you say if I have a way for you to gain power?" a girl wearing a tear-stricken clown mask suggests.

 

"Tell me," Phobio demands, gritting his teeth despite the pain in his crotch, a wound that refuses to heal… He was desperate. 

 

"It's simple. Although your pure hatred summoned us, we have a way to help," a burly man wearing a clown mask with exaggerated lips chimes in.

 

"Yep! Follow us," Tear cheerfully guides Phobio, leading him to what may as well be his death.

 

Meanwhile, in the hot springs of Tempest...

 

"I've got it! Let's have a competition of holding our breaths!" Milim suggests excitedly.

 

"That's not proper etiquette for a bath," Yuki rebuffs.

 

"Nya, do I have to go into the water?" Nekra protests, wearing nothing but a towel.

 

"Come on, Nekra dear, you need to clean yourself," Yuki insists, pulling Nekra into the warm bathwater.

 

"Nyaaa, it's nice and warm, nya," Nekra admits, instantly surrendering to the allure of the bath.

 

"It's the same every time," Yuki mutters as she takes out some soap and a cloth.

 

"I'm going to clean your ears and tail, dear," Yuki announces.

 

"Nyaaaa," Nekra protests, blushing furiously. "No fair, Yuki-nya!" she says before succumbing to purring contentment.

 

Meanwhile, Rimuru remains in his slime form, averting any potential nosebleeds. The sheer otakuness of the former human could put a closet neet in Jamaica to shame. You know who you are. 

===============================

The next day...

 

Milim returns with the adventure party, carrying a cart full of crabs.

 

"Nya? Do you feel that too, nya?" Nekra asks, sensing something amiss, a sentiment echoed by Yuki.

 

"Older sister Milim, did one of the demon lords not take my warning seriously, nya?" Nekra questions.

 

"You should know what's happening, don't pretend," Milim responds, aware of Nekra's future sight.

 

Suddenly, a green mist appears.

 

"I am the dryad Trya, younger sister of Treyni," Trya announces.

 

"What's with the murderous aura?" Rimuru queries.

 

"There is an emergency, a calamity approaches," Trya warns.

 

"Nya? You do realize there are four walking Calamities right here, nya," Nekra interjects.

 

"Four?" Rimuru questions.

 

"Did you forget I exist, great Auntie Rimuru? How cruel," Safi says, faux crying, appearing in the middle of the group, startling the slime and dryad.

 

"This might not be that bad then..." Trya muses.

 

"Anyway, the Calamity-class monster Charybdis has revived, nya... It's probably after Yuki; however, it is Veldora's child, nya," Nekra reveals.

 

"What! He HAS A CHILD!" Rimuru exclaims before hastily covering his mouth, but it's too late – several people are already looking at him.

 

"Nyo, it was created through his Magicules, nya," Nekra clarifies, causing Rimuru to sigh invisibly, knowing the dragon is going to need to explain a lot. 

 

"Why does Lord Veledora having a child matter Rimuru-sama?" Shion asks, surprised.

 

"Nya, she married Uncle Veldora. Why do you think I call her Auntie Rimuru?" Nekra explains.

 

"Can we talk about this later? We have a fight to prepare for," Rimuru redirects the conversation.

 

"Nya, me and Yuki could easily take care of it, you know. The Jura Forest is technically my territory, nya," Nekra offers.

 

"Can I fight?" Safi asks eagerly.

 

I know its short I'm sorry, it's finals season, and this is my 9th god damn year of college and guess whos getting a second piece of paper! Also, I've got no student debt, some how. Honestly, my luck is bullshit.

52