Chapter 47: Guild card.
950 12 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, where are we headed?" Safi inquired.

 

"Just trying to stall a bit... The summoning might just end up conjuring a lesser demon," the elf commented.

 

"Is it that obvious?" Safi wondered.

 

"With you here? Many might not recall, but I certainly do," the elf deadpanned.

 

"It wasn't that catastrophic," Safi defended.

 

The elf scoffed but then broke into laughter, momentarily dropping the act.

 

"What's going on?" Rimuru asked.

 

"Just reminiscing about collateral damage," the elf replied.

 

Rimuru glanced at Safi, who just shrugged. "It was just a serious punch... no casualties."

 

"No bodies were found," the elf corrected.

 

Rimuru gave Safi a pointed look. "What's your workout routine?" Rimuru shifted the topic.

 

"100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10 km run, every single day," Safi boasted with exaggerated pride.

 

Rimuru burst into laughter, unable to hold it back.

 

"cough We're here," the elf announced, opening the door.

 

"You got this," Safi encouraged, and Rimuru nodded in response.

 

"Oh, I'm testing this young lady?" the summoner remarked.

 

"I’M NOT A LADY!," Rimuru shouts as a pack of shadow wolfs which had just been summoned instantly die. 

 

“You’re not?” The old elf asks

 

“NO!” Rimuru corrects 

 

“Ah, I already put you as a female on the card.” The elf states

 

“FIX IT THEN!” Rimuru shouts as he punches another summoned monster not even bothering to look at it. 

 

“I can’t do that here, itll have to be done at the Freedom Association guild headquarters.” The elf states

 

“WHAT!” Rimuru shouts 

 

The summoner smirked. "HA! That surprised you! Well do you think you can handle this?" he taunted, summoning a lesser demon with a goat-human hybrid form.

 

"Omae wa mou shindeiru," Rimuru declared, appearing behind the summoner.

 

'Wow, is really angry Rimuru and got a power-up somehow,' Safi thought.

 

"Naaa," the lesser demon attempted to speak but was cut short as it was sliced into several pieces by red lines, dropping dead instantly.

 

"Bakana!" the summoner exclaimed.

 

"What in the world just happened?" Fuze burst into the room, shocked by the audience's cheers.

 

"You two, come with me," Fuze ordered.

 

“I Refuse! She has to fix my Adventuer’s card!” Rimuru returns pointing at the elf. 

 

======================

 

In the guild master's office,

 

"What were you thinking? Not even heroes could achieve what you did!" Fuze shouted.

 

"Heroes are that weak?" Safi innocently asked, making Fuze's eye twitch.

 

“What I did? I argued with you’re secretary the whole time because she messed up big time.” Rimuru states

 

“Ah, that… I’ll just have a new card printed.” Fuze states

 

“It’s that simple? She said, "Freedom Association headquarters.” Rimuru states starting to calm down. 

 

“Usuall, but im the guild master. We will just pretend that that first card was never made.” Fuze states

 

Rimuru breathes out a sigh of relief. 

Fuze nods before turning to Safi "I have a question. That metal dragon you have, is it related to the one in the dungeon that decimated several hundred knights?" 

 

"Um, no," Safi replied, avoiding eye contact.

 

Fuze sighed deeply. "Why can't I retire yet?" 

 

"Because you haven't found a successor," the elf interjected.

 

"This job will be the end of me... Here come with me," Fuze says getting up walking out of the room. 

 

The four of them walk down the hall to a locked offroom which was in a far off corner of the building.

 

"Any chance we can keep this under wraps?" Fuze asks as he opens the door and everyone can see what appears to be a magical printing press. 

 

"Maybe," the elf, replies.

 

“Leafa, we are going to be keeping this underwraps.” Fuze states in a rather no nonsense tone. 

 

"I just realized I never got your name," Safi blurted out.

 

"It's Leafa," the elf says introducing herself.

 

"So, can you two wreak havoc outside this kingdom? Preferably something big enough to divert attention from the mess you've made here," Fuze requested.

 

“According to my communication with momma Yuki, Nekra is on the move.” Safi states with a smile. 

 

Everyone stills at that one sentence. 

 

"Well, how bad could that be?" Rimuru wondered aloud.

 

"You have no idea about the main guild association, and Nekra’s past do?" Fuze questioned.

 

“What?” Rimuru asks

47