Death is Never the End
270 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Please bear with me on this chapter, I just needed to get through this before we could get to the good stuff you all came here for}

Steven saw only darkness. He tried blinking a few times, but even when he felt his eyelids shut over his eyes, nothing changed. No change in light as he was surrounded by darkness, no change in temperature as he couldn't any kind of heat or cold from his surroundings, and no change in pressure as it seemed that while he knew what his body was doing he could feel nothing.

He tried to take a deep breath to calm himself down but found that there was no air around him to breathe in. It was a jarring feeling, the sensation of his lungs expanding and collapsing. He slowly began to panic as the true feeling of nothingness began to overtake his senses.

Then in an instant, a flash of light appeared in front of him and he was stunned as the darkness around him began to shift. The endless shade around him slowly gave way to clear blue skies as the void seemed to retreat into the nothingness that it created. Noticing the pressure of an atmosphere again Steven took a deep breath in and felt his lungs and feeling them fill with air reassured him and his panic began to subside.

"What The Absolute Fuck Is Happening"

Shouting into the void there was no echo as the empty sky seemed to stretch forever with no horizon in sight.

Steven sat, no he wasn't sitting he was… hovering. So Steven spent a while, not knowing how long, just existing in the calm sky.

Right before he is about to scream again a light appears before him and he is caught off guard. A figure made out of light, one whose body seems undetermined as it never settles on one form for long, emerges from the light.

In a voice that seemed to be made up of a thousand different people overlaid spoke. "Steven Volkson, you are dead. And as you have died before your time and have not yet lived a full life. As such you will be granted a second chance."

With that sentence, something broke in Steven as the confusion and panic from his current predicament returned with fury

"WHAT THE HELL, WHO ARE YOU WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW."

With the violent shouting filling the sky the being of light looks startled and then smacks himself in the face before his body seems to transform into a tallish man with a thin face and grey hair that Steven seems to remember.

"Bill Nye," Steven asks with a confused tone. "What is happening, im so so confused, first I'm in darkness then I'm floating in an endless blue purgatory and now Bill Nye the FUCKING SCIENCE GUY is in front of me!"

Bill Nye simply laughs and looks toward Steven, "No I am not truly this science guy you speak of, he is simply a man you trust so I took his form to calm you down. I forget how a celestial's true form can be jarring for a mortal to look at."

The being snaps its fingers and a wooden platform appears below them that it and Steven gently sit down on. Then with another snap two large plush chairs appear facing each other before taking a seat and motioning Steven to take one as well. After sitting down the being begins to talk.

"So, I'm guessing you have some questions as to what happened and where you are. I will answer them all. So where you are is nowhere, you are in the plain of nonexistence it just took this form to keep you from panicking. What you are is dead, you died on your world in a car crash driving to work in Houston Texas. And what will happen is that you will be reborn in another world with a few perks."

Taking a second to calm himself down Steven looks back toward the being across from him and begins to wrap his head around what just happened. He is dead but can't remember dying. Looking back up at the being he puts on a confused look, seeing this it nods and continues talking in a monotonous voice.

"You Steven Volkson died, you don't remember how because we removed those memories as it is rather traumatic. But your death was early, I won't say how early but it was enough to justify sending you to another world. But a few things need to be clarified, to compensate you for your early death you will receive a few gifts, two this is not some alternate world but instead a parallel world to your own, and three your consciousness will only return after your body has aged a few years, it would be rather boring to be conscious as a baby for a few years."

Trying to wrap his head around this Steven stares at Bill Nye and blinks a few times. Trying to speak the words seem to escape before he can utter them. Sitting there in silence the being looks at him and makes a small noise that could be construed as fascination. Lifting his right hand he snaps his fingers for a third time, but unlike the other two times everything begins to fade away into the darkness Steven feels himself lose consciousness, his mind plagued with questions till the last second.

 

8