Chapter 1 – Captain America is my brother!?
4.9k 5 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- 1939, Brooklyn, New York.

World War II had broken out. The economy was bleak, there wasn't much money to be made for the general public.

An 18-year-old boy named Chris Rogers was walking down a poor neighborhood street, carrying a sack on his back. He looked somewhat muscular, but not very tall, and had a gentle demeanor.

Chris arrived at a small two-story house - it was tiny, but still adequate. He unlocked the door. After a long day, he was finally home.

The house was not gloomy but illuminated by energy saving lights. These lights were exchanged by Chris using a unique "exchange store", which is his biggest secret.

Inside the living room, a fair-skinned, beautiful blonde woman was reading a newspaper, her azure eyes and blonde hair typical of white women, though her face was pale, her expression tranquil.

"Chris, you're back?"

"Yes mon. How are you feeling today?" Chris walked over to check on the woman. She was Chris' mother - Sarah, the mother of Steve Rogers, Captain America!

Chris was confused when he transmigrated here - he was the younger brother of the famous Captain America? How absurd and yet helpless.

As for the whereabouts of his biological father? Who knows, maybe he already died tragically in a mugging.

As the eldest, Steve often worked odd jobs for money, but the economy was bad and he could barely feed himself. He had recently enlisted in the Army and spent too much money, even borrowing from his younger brother Chris. Without hesitation, Chris gave him some of his hard-earned money.

Sarah shook her head. "I'm fine, it's been hard for you, working so hard and taking care of me all the time."

"You're my mom, if I don't take care of you, who will?" Chris said, then kissed Sarah's red lips.

Sarah didn't mind and kissed her little son back. She felt sorry for him, carrying the burden of the family alone, and chose to ignore and allow certain intimate gestures. Lately, when she was unwell, Chris would even help her bathe.

Sarah was in poor health, suffering from tuberculosis and relying on medication to stay alive. Chris earned money to buy medicine to cure her, but effective medicine was expensive. He could only get her regular treatment, which would take time.

Chris went to the bathroom to wash off the blood. With a thought, a panel appeared on his retina that only he could see. It was the "Conqueror Store", a special system that had symbiotically merged with him after his transmigrated new life.

It contained a dazzling array of resources for exchange, from daily necessities like food and fuel, to high-end weapons and occult spells.

As searching for the ninja special powers in the Naruto universe, the system replied that it only contained Marvel and DC-compatible powers. Visit a Taoist temple to find a monk? Boy, are you kidding?

Earning system's "Conquer Points(CP)" was simple - moral deeds deducted points, immoral ones added them with a variable amount.

- Killing a good person took away 10 CP. Killing a normal person awarded 5 CP. Killing villains started at 20 CP with no cap. Even committing incest added CP - kissing his mother Sarah earned him 1,000 CP, but only once.

...

Chris finished his shower and changed his clothes. Sitting on the sofa, he looked at a skill book in his hand.

This book was from the Conquest Store that contained everything imaginable, even fast passes to other worlds. Some worlds made Chris excited just thinking about them - the anime Naruto and Highschool of the Dead. Gaming universes like King of Fighters and League of Legends. It seemed like there were fast passes to every world, even if they cost astronomical amounts of CP.

For now, this merged Marvel and DC world has plenty for Chris to explore, so he just browsed them for his interest only.

"Introduction to Sorcerers" - this book would make Chris a real sorcerer! Similar to the sorcerers in Kamar-Taj, but the ceiling was even higher. He had worked hard for half a month to get this skill book.

The superhero world was amazing but also dangerous - grandmas on the street could punch mountains and split the earth!

The book turned into a curtain of light and Chris blinked. His status screen now showed a blue sphere indicating his mana energy. Using spells beyond the overload limit could be fatal.

There were two types of spells - "Practical Spells" like conjuring food or repairing appliances; and "Wild Spells" for attacking with lightning, fire, ice, etc.

There was also the famous alchemy for making potions - healing wounds faster, love potions to arouse women, castration potions to emasculate men, anything you could think of.

Chris saw that he knew only one spell of each type and one potion recipe. Other spells and recipes could be learned at random, either amazing or useless.

[Serenity Potion: Speed up skill proficiency!]

[Call of Delicacies: Summon delicious magical food to replenish your energy, and it tastes great too!]

[Inferno Flame: Wreaths the target in destructive flames!]

Chris felt really excited, now he is a real sorcerer!

88