Chapter 1 – The first day
49 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hitomu Sato received a strange book as a gift from a friend from university, his friend said it was a ancient book depicting the history of an long lost civilization that worshipped a mysterious shadow god, and said friend tried to decipher the book but was unsuccessful, so he gifted it to Hitomu with the hope he could do it, and that was exactly what he was doing before he went to sleep, deciphering old books was Hitomu's favorite hobby so doing it to help a friend was not out of the ordinary, he proceeded to read an decipher the book using other books as reference like always, this was his third week with the book so he made some more progress, because was already late in the night and he was felling tired he went to sleep.

5 am: before Hitomu could open his eyes he was already feeling rather heavy and still very sleepy but that was common because he was accustomed to studying until late in the night but as always he needed to get up to go for the lessons in the university, he tried to open his eyes with some difficulty, and with some effort he was successful but he was quite confused,  because what he saw was instead of the usual desk full of open books and his notes that he had fallen asleep atop, he saw a unfamiliar wood ceiling, the somnolence wore off and he could see his surroundings better, he sat on the bed to understand better his situation, in a classic styled room  in a corner was a not so big closet, to the left of the closet was a bookshelf with some books he wasn't familiar with, to the left of the bookshelf there was desk with some drawers and a single book and a unlit candle in the corner on top of the desk, in the middle in the wall to the right of the closet there was a simple door made of wood, opposite side to the door there was a window with curtains that let some dim lights through to the right was the desk to the left was the bed, close to the door in the wall opposite to the closet there was a full body mirror.

Hitomu got up to explore the room using the light coming from the window, and when he saw the mirror his curiosity was piqued, he went to inspect himself and when he was facing the mirror, before he could process more information about this strange place and his current state, he noticed that now his appearance was no longer like he remembered, now he has a short dark black hair, very profound black eyes and a common nose, nothing too much different but still a quite beautiful appearance, his body was no longer frail looking but instead had a lean build, he was wearing a simple white shirt and comfortable pants to sleep in. 

Because of the discrepancy of his appearance he remembered something suspicious about what he did while deciphering the book before he went to sleep, he did in fact read aloud a excerpt of the book, at the time he couldn't understand the phrase, but now, the more he thought about it the more he was certain that the phrase must be connected as to why he appeared here, the phrase that was translated had the result of: The nothingness that rules all that is not, and all that is, the shadow that came before, the one that awaits the end of all, the one that is eternal. 

'From what i deciphered from the contents of the book excerpt, with almost certainty is the divine tittle of the mysterious god the long lost civilization worshipped' He though.

before he could speculate as to how this event is even possible, he felt as if his head was going to explode and at the same time his mind was flooded with memories of his current body, what place he was in, what was this body name, what day it was, and other rather important information.

As a consequence of such a debilitating headache he tried to support himself with his hand in the mirror and closed his eyes and analyzed the memories he just received.

'Name: Steve Holmes, Age: 19, birthday: 10th in January, date: Sunday 11th in January of 1491 in the epoch, i just graduated from Caterine University with a specialization in history, my parents live in a house a few block away, my mom Alma Holmes is a linguist and my father Frank Holmes is a historian, and i live alone, i work at the public library as an manager during the day, alternating the days i work, gaining 5 iron coins(50 copper coins) a week and 2 silver coin(20 iron coins) monthly, i'am living at east borough, in the city of Mayla in a empire called Tathem located in the south', that was some of the main memories he remembered because a few were imcomplete or disorganized.

He also remembered miscellaneous stuff about his daily life and superficial information about the stories he learned while through school, especially the history of the first epoch, the era of monsters, the second epoch, the era of gods, the third epoch that is the current epoch, the era of civilization, matters regarding the languages like elvish, draconum, gigantum, daemonum and  the one this body learned first, Taethum the language mainly used in the Tathem and sometimes used in other empires that are in close proximity to Tathem.

Despite the fact that this flood of memories had happened in a matter of minutes, Hitomu felt like hours had passed, when he finished processing all the information he was quite exhausted mentally, still with his eyes closed just after he "recovered" his memories and some energy, he felt a sudden heat in his forehead.

'ah, now i'am getting a fever all of sudden, good' Hitomu though in a sarcastic tone.

To inspect himself some more, Hitomu opened his eyes to look in the mirror, but then he received another surprise. In his forehead there was now a huge tattoo, a type of black sun that covers his forehead and his eyes. After a few seconds of inspecting the tattoo the fever got better, but with it came another flux of information, however this time it was mostly a language called "ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ⎓╎∷ᓭℸ ̣ ∴𝙹∷↸"(The first/old words/language), that appears to carry great power and intent. With that also came more miscellaneous knowledge about a place called "ᔑʖ||ᓭᓭℸ ̣ ∷ᔑᓵℸ ̣ ||" but that is a history for another time.

And it came instinctively to him, like thinking or breathing, he followed this instinct and concentrated mind in the sun tattoo, using this new language he said whispering: 

"(o holy kingdom, open thy gates)".

Suddenly he felt as if his soul left his body and the surroundings change, everything turned black and he heard  what was like a thousand people whispering random things, but just an instant later they stopped and he now was standing in a strange void full of colorful stars that varied in size and light intensity, with some structures and shapes floating i the distance, the scenery appeared like a beautiful starry night sky.

A sudden inspiration overcame Hitomu, like he did "yesterday", he tried to speak aloud the divine tittle of the mysterious god not only in this strange but also using the "First language" to see if anything would happen, he though that maybe he could return to his original home. Then he started praying:

"(the nothingness that rules all that is not, and all that is, the shadow that came before, the shadow that awaits the end of all, the one that is eternal)".

But the only thing he heard was a echo of himself praying, so he got quite discouraged with a desire to just leave this place. To his surprise, when his desire to leave was evident he suddenly he felt like he was waking up from a nap and appeared in front of the mirror again, but this surprise was cut short because his immediate though was:

'What? i'am here again? Wait...Maybe...Maybe!' Was he though in a instant.

He composed himself and tried again to pray using the "First language" to the mysterious god to see what would happen in hopes that it would have a different outcome because he was "outside":

"(the nothingness that rules all that is not, and all that is, the shadow that came before, the shadow that awaits the end of all, the one that is eternal)".

Unfortunately he only heard some man whispering in his ear. He tried to go back to see if there was any changes with the starry void.

When he did the previous steps to enter, he again heard the strong whispers  and soon came the starry void, but again he heard in his head the praying he did before. Because he did not make that much progress he returned to "outside".

'I'm lucky this is a day off work, i need some resting to take in all of this, maybe i will wake up with my mind in a better state.' He though.

Hitomu laid in bed and quickly fell asleep, he had a dream of his original home, his friends, and the exams he would have taken in a month, then he had another dream about the starry void but he also felt a warm sensation when he saw the void full of sparkling stars, and after those two dreams he didn't have others, just a dreamless peaceful sleep.

... 

2 and a half hours later he woke up feeling slight better, got up with his next destination in mind, the kitchen, he was quite hungry so he quickly went down the stairs to the first floor, and opened some cabinets above the sink in search of something to eat for breakfast but found only spices, teas, coffee and canned food such peas, beans and a yellow sweet strips of a bamboo like plant called sugar, then he went to search in the fridge that in this world is a type of cabinet that uses a crystal that emits a cold aura to freeze and cool food, but also found nothing to make a decent breakfast except for a few eggs and milk.

He decided to go to the bakery two blocks down the street, but was anxious that people would find the sun tattoo strange and it would place a lot of attention on him, or that he might encounter somebody this body knew and they also would notice the conspicuous tattoo and start to ask questions, but the hunger was speaking louder than his fears.

Hitomu went back upstairs to change clothes, and he chose black pants, a white shirt with a gray waistcoat on top, he took 25 copper from a compartment at the botton of the closet, and also took his iron pocket watch. He then took a look at the time.

"08:30 still have plenty of time, let's hope i don't bump with somebody known by 'me'", He said before putting his pocket watch and coins in different pockets on his waistcoat. 

So he went out, not forgetting to lock the door. He walked slowly to avoid getting attention, but as he was walking, he started to notice that nobody was paying any attention to him so his fears were subdued significantly and walked with confidence, and it took no time for to reach the bakery, when he entered the bakery he was a little afraid because he was a regular customer here, but despite that he greeted the old woman at the counter normally.

"Good morning ms. Velma, how are you?"

"Good morning mr. Holmes i'am felling rather good today, how are your parents still no news?" Velma responded slight concerned.

"As always they continue to be reserved and immersed in their respective works, rarely sending me letter that are not related to their work." He said relieved.

'it appears that except for me, other can't see the tattoo, now i can be without much worries'  Hitomu though silently.

"What would you like buy today mr. Holmes?" She said as usual.

"Just 10 pieces of bread, 1 kg of wheat flour, 500 mg of sugar dust, for today just that" He said.

'The money was just the right amount' He happily though.

After Velma went in the back of the bakery to retrieve the products, she came back with a big paper bag and put it on top of the counter.

"That will be 5 copper for the bread, 7 copper for the flour and 10 copper for the sugar dust, with a total of 22 copper, they are all in here" She said pointing to the bag.

He handed her the coins and took the bag. After a exchange of pleasantries they bade farewell to each other, when he was outside the bakery, he took out his pocket watch.

"08:45 still a good time for breakfast" He put the watch back into his pocket and went back to his home.

When he was half a block away from his door he saw a group of three man wearing black coats at his door waiting for him, and on top of that, they appeared to be wearing a type of police badge on their chest at the left side.

His immediate though was: 'Fu*k'.

It might be quite lengthy because this is my first novel/book/story ever that i'am writing, soo...

1